Author Topic: art contests at fan creation station  (Read 4286 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
art contests at fan creation station
« on: July 23, 2005, 05:19:36 pm »
just a reminder: our Fan Creation Station (last year it was the Beta Station) will have not only fanfic contests, but art contests, as well!

these are the categories that are announced before the con:
best canon-based character, scene or universe
and
best original character, scene or universe

digital, non-digital color, and non-digital black and white art will be evaluated separately.

all art media are welcome.

nothing rated x or nc-17, please.

there will also be spontaneous additional contests throughout the weekend.

each category will be evaluated both by me as judge, and by peers/congoers.

art may be submitted to me ahead of time (online or by snail mail; pm me or post if interested); or it may be brought to the con and submitted at the fan creation station.

art will be accepted through 9pm the sunday of the con. however, public voting will begin 9pm the saturday of the con, so the earlier you get your piece turned in, the better your chances of getting votes from the public.

the fan creation station will have free materials available for those who want to make non-digital art on-site: pencils, pens, paper, markers, crayons.

for those who wish to submit art they have online, there is a tiny office right at the entry to the con hotel that has a free computer and printer.

looking forward to seeing your work!

love,
Rem.

(note: sorry for duplicating the post in other sections; just trying to maximize exposure!)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).