Author Topic: Mewcon - new Year eve convention  (Read 69755 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Mewcon - new Year eve convention
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:06:26 pm »
Hey, anyone interested in attending Mewcon? It's Anime/SF/Fantasy convention to be held at Sheraton Airport hotel (PDX airport) over new year's weekend. Website = http://Http://www.mewcon.com   
Oh, and they're looking for panelists - there's a submission form on the site, and if you submit at least 4 panels (that are accepted) you can get in FREE - w00t what a deal!!!

Mewcon has a forum,too

Also, they are seeking additional minions, er... staff.... so check it out.   Bang Banb Neko will be there and so will be a bunch of other really cool people like the Anime Hunters (at least the really cute and sweet ones!)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Mewcon - new Year eve convention
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:42:23 pm »
I have been to 8 or 9 conventions and this past Mewcon has been my favorite. I like how there wasn't a lot planed. I heard from Bronte that this years mewcon might be more adult oriented. Is that true?

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:11:05 pm »
I just did a quick look over there, and saw in the staff announcements something about the age rating. I'll be looking into it more this weekend (if I can, anyone going to the meeting from portland and has an extra seat?)
There is a meeting this weekend in Beaverton, I encourage all to come who want to help out the small con.
I wen't and staffed last year, and I have to say, MEW is great, its laid back, it's a chill out con for after K-con!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:41:47 am by LexManos »

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:09:28 pm »
I love MEWcon so much! :'3 There's no beating the chill atmosphere and the friendly people. I wouldn't miss it! Best New Years party EVER.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline asdfAnimeProductions

• Sailor Scout
    • asdfAnimeProductions-youtube!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 02:17:04 pm »
Im going for sure!~ :D

Offline SgtGhostAlecMW2

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 05:24:22 pm »
Second year i am going to mewcon
Cosplays i plan to go as at kumoricon:

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 08:38:37 pm »
I....THINK I am still photography staff for it, so yeah.

oslapedo

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 09:15:23 pm »
MEWcon's really fun, I'm glad they changed it to three days.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 09:55:13 pm »
I....THINK I am still photography staff for it, so yeah.
Actually yah we were talking at the meeting today and we would love to have you and maybe some others be "THE" con photographers. You and the others will have all access to the main events and such and get photos for use for next years publishing. So yes your photography staff ^-^

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 10:07:54 pm »
haha- I was mostly referring to the fact I have not posted on the forums in months and I still need to attend a meeting...

I was hoping I was not kicked out be default ha.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 10:19:44 pm »
About the rumors of MEWcon being Adult, is all true. This year MEWcon will be an adult con 17+ and up, Minors are still welcomed but will need a gaurdein to be with them since there's going to be adult themes 24 hours. But why 17+ well it means;

#1: No curfews!! So 24 hour prgramming is open to everyone. If your under 18 and your parents are ok with you going to a panel then you can go. No ID checks!! (Besides the wine tasting panel which will only be 21+ and you NEED to bring idea if it gets through)
#2: Panels,skits and other things that are not allowed at other cons are allowed at MEWcon ( within reason of course ^_-) So that means skits DON't have to be censored with cussing, risque panels are welcome, many other things.

So why should you go to MEWcon 2010 New years party? Well were "THE" party con, To young to drink (20 and under) or want something to do for New Years and three days, well don't be sad MEWcon is the place for you, we have; long late night dances, panels with various acts and shows, more adult themed cosplay skits and panels, burlesque dancers, Belly Dancers, GoGo Dancers, Glow/Rave show, Themed days for everyday,anime dating games, Steampunk, Costume contests, Fashion shows, special celebrity guests, and EVEN MORE TO COME!!

Want to know more please visit our website and fourms.  ;)
http://www.mewcon.com/

Want to run an event or show of your own then come on by and send in your forms were still looking for more shows,events and panels.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »
haha- I was mostly referring to the fact I have not posted on the forums in months and I still need to attend a meeting...

I was hoping I was not kicked out be default ha.
no no it's ok she was a little worried that you didn't want to do it, but after we talked we figured you'd love to do it and to help you out so you won't have to be running back and forth we'll have some others ^-^ Hope that's ok.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 10:36:20 pm »
About the rumors of MEWcon being Adult, is all true. This year MEWcon will be an adult con 17+ and up, Minors are still welcomed but will need a gaurdein to be with them since there's going to be adult themes 24 hours. But why 17+ well it means;

#1: No curfews!! So 24 hour prgramming is open to everyone. If your under 18 and your parents are ok with you going to a panel then you can go. No ID checks!! (Besides the wine tasting panel which will only be 21+ and you NEED to bring idea if it gets through)
#2: Panels,skits and other things that are not allowed at other cons are allowed at MEWcon ( within reason of course ^_-) So that means skits DON't have to be censored with cussing, risque panels are welcome, many other things.

So why should you go to MEWcon 2010 New years party? Well were "THE" party con, To young to drink (20 and under) or want something to do for New Years and three days, well don't be sad MEWcon is the place for you, we have; long late night dances, panels with various acts and shows, more adult themed cosplay skits and panels, burlesque dancers, Belly Dancers, GoGo Dancers, Glow/Rave show, Themed days for everyday,anime dating games, Steampunk, Costume contests, Fashion shows, special celebrity guests, and EVEN MORE TO COME!!

WHOO HOO!

and of course I would want the part, helpers would...help as my main cosplay does not involve a camera so I could have a bit more freedom. But I would still love to do it.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 09:55:33 am »
Sounds like a lot of fun. I want to hear more about these themed days XD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:56:40 am »
At first I was like "AWWW 17+?" then I remembered I'm 17.

...By 17+ you mean 17 and older, not older than 17, right?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 12:46:15 pm »
17's are allowed. At least how it was explained at the meeting yesterday.
People under 17 ARE ALLOWED but they need a parent/guardian there.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 02:26:59 pm »
Small Note: I have three people who don't post on this forum who are more than estatic about the new changes.

So- Good move MEWcrew.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 04:55:46 pm »
At first I was like "AWWW 17+?" then I remembered I'm 17.

...By 17+ you mean 17 and older, not older than 17, right?
Were kinda going with rated R rating; so yes 17 and older.
Here's the post from the site.

In official unanimous vote by all present at the June meeting have officially changed M3's rating to R.

Other year round events, dances, meetings will remain all ages. New Year's is no longer all ages.

What does this mean for you?

-Greater variety in AMVs and viewing room content.
-Less restrictions on panels, art, writing and discussion content.
-A broader selection of novels and manga.
-No dance or main event age curfews.
-The elimination of age based pricing.
-Group pricing breaks to encourage clubs and guardian attendance.

MEW 3 will be applying the same age restrictions as theaters, anyone under 17 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:34:07 pm by BangBangNeko »

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 05:11:46 pm »
Small Note: I have three people who don't post on this forum who are more than estatic about the new changes.

So- Good move MEWcrew.

^-^ Thanks, we thought about it and looked at who went to the con last year. Most of the con attendees were 18+ and only a few were under 18. (Me being one of them XD till now lol) so a lot of adult theme stuff was going on. (I mean it is new years) But we also noticed some of the minors were just being dropped with NO guardian and since a lot of adult things were going on, we deiced it would be best to make it 17 and older that way we don't get trouble with parents just dropping off their kids and then blaming us for what they saw. XP Also it means we won't have to check ID for every panel. (Some may still want you to bring it so bring just incase) and if people think about it there are THREE all ages conventions. Sakuracon, Kumoricon, and AKIcon. But no older aged cons, so here it is MEWcon. So people should tell your friends, and have them tell their friends. lol

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 05:24:31 pm »
what are in the works for events and panels? Or do we have to PM that since they are still in the works?

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 05:24:48 pm »
^-^ yep yep

The days are like so ( but you don't have to dress with the themes if you don't want to)

Day #1: PARTY TIME
Day 1 is going to be free for all, think party time and new years. So go crazy ^-^

day#2: Villains day *Evil laugh*
Day 2 you guessed it it's gonna be villain day, so come as the meanest,cruelest, evilest villain you can think of. The dance is even themed Villain, so get ready for all the chaos to come down and rule the world with us.

day#3: Steapunk/ labyrinth world
Day 3 will be Steampunk so come in your best steampunk garb and enjoy steampunk themed panels and shows. Or come in your fanciest dress or masquerade garb. Then dance the night away in our labyrinth themed masquerade. Don't have a mask or don't want to wear one don't worry it's not required to wear a mask, so you can still come and dance. But we will be having a mask contest, giving out prizes for the best masks.

And these are our themes ^-^

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 05:31:44 pm »
what are in the works for events and panels? Or do we have to PM that since they are still in the works?
Nothing is set in stone yet since were months away. But we have everyday having a dance, BangbangNeko's dirty show, anime dating game, speed dating, and maybe a wine tasting. These are what we've only got panel submissions for atleast. Others panel and events are still being worked on, so for these you'll have to PM XP sorry.

But if anybody wants to submit an event or panel or anything really you still can. here are the emails and forms for submitting.
http://www.mewcon.com/panel-registration
Panel Manager: panels@mewcon.com 
Main Events Manager: mainevents@mewcon.com 
General Questions: info@mewcon.com 

There's also the forums for people to advertise their panel/events and such.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 05:57:56 pm »
^-^ yep yep

The days are like so ( but you don't have to dress with the themes if you don't want to)

Day #1: PARTY TIME
Day 1 is going to be free for all, think party time and new years. So go crazy ^-^

Day 2 you guessed it it's gonna be villain day, so come as the meanest,cruelest, evilest villain you can think of. The dance is even themed Villain, so get ready for all the chaos to come down and rule the world with us.

Day 3 will be Steampunk so come in your best steampunk garb and enjoy steampunk themed panels and shows. Or come in your fanciest dress or masquerade garb. Then dance the night away in our labyrinth themed masquerade. Don't have a mask or don't want to wear one don't worry it's not required to wear a mask, so you can still come and dance. But we will be having a mask contest, giving out prizes for the best masks.

Oh I know what I am going to wear for Day two XD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 07:33:04 pm »
So my friends I'll be going with are 16. Since I'm 17, do I get to be their guardian? They'll have parental permission and all, I'm just making sure they'll be allowed with me since idk if we're going to have parents tagging along.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 08:13:15 pm »
So my friends I'll be going with are 16. Since I'm 17, do I get to be their guardian? They'll have parental permission and all, I'm just making sure they'll be allowed with me since idk if we're going to have parents tagging along.
If their under 17 then yes a parent or gaurdian wil be needed. It's like a rated R movie, if your under 17 you need someone older to go with you.  18+,  it's because some things that are going to be going on are going to be "ADULT" So having you be their gaurdian though it would be cool . But we could get in trouble if their parents don't like to see or hear certain things then it's better for them to be their and make sure. Not to say everything is going to be just adult we have other things going on it's just now that we got rid of the ID check your gonna need an adult. And if your parents don't have to worry about being bored, this con is not an anime con alone, we have Sci-fi, fantasy, comics, video games, and the hotel it's being held at is very nice so i'm sure they won't get bored too fast. I mean we've got a nicewine tasting panel in the works .

I hope i'm not sounding like i'm pushing your friend's out, we would love to have them and anybody it's just we're gonna be a bit more mature than your normal anime convention. If that makes sense. ^-^
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:13:39 pm by BangBangNeko »

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »
Would it be acceptable to have a signed parental consent form with a legal guardian attending to them? I know some places accept legal (non-related) guardians with parental consent and someone who is over 18 or 21 who is willing to take responsibility for them.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 09:16:02 pm »
^ And I think that's what she was asking...

I am so going this year! I heard it was great last year and I really wanted to go, but I am defiantly going this year ^^
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »
Would it be acceptable to have a signed parental consent form with a legal guardian attending to them? I know some places accept legal (non-related) guardians with parental consent and someone who is over 18 or 21 who is willing to take responsibility for them.
No it has to be a related guardian.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 10:42:57 pm »
Alrighty- question answered for all you youngins.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 10:56:02 pm »
Oh hm I guess I won't be going then, since they'd be the people I'm going with :/ Maybe next year.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 11:13:57 pm »
...I might do something.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 11:19:30 pm »
I'm totally there! Looks like I'll need a roommate!

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:08 pm »
I have to say this as a staff member last year and an attendee it's first year.

I find it AWESOME that so many people are interested in going this early. This is more buzz then we received last year I am pretty sure- hopefully it continues to grow as it gets closer to the con.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 01:12:15 am »
I was gonna go last year, b/c friends wanted to kidnap me and such, but sadly couldn't...

What's the cost going to be for it? Any clue?
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 01:17:11 am »
Derail: Ms. Neko- your icon is mesmerizing.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 01:22:54 am »
lol
Thanks?
And your's is going to steal my soul...
>>

I think I have all my cosplays for this planned already ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 01:37:17 am »
Yeah me as well, only going to be two (and they will be at Kcon)

hmmm- maybe a third one that will be kinda closet cosplay.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 02:12:47 am »
Oooo, what you doing? I don't think I've ever heard of what cosplays you're doing.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 02:32:17 am »
Well I will be re-doing my Frank West cosplay in my icon for a day or so

But my headlining and debuting cosplay will be Henry from No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 02:45:00 am »
Sounds awesome ^^ Can't wait to see!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 02:50:18 am »
Thanks-

and go to bed, young people need to sleep.

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 12:32:11 pm »

You have no idea how all over this I am. ;D

I am SO stoked that you guys are making it an adult con. I noticed that a ton of the attendees were 18+, so this is going to work out extremely well. And we all know that all the fun panels are the innuendo-filled ones.

MEW this year is going to rock HARDCORE.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:32:43 pm by Shadow »

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 04:48:36 pm »
Sorry for the confusion, its parent or adult legal guardian.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2009-2010 Kumoricon Staff
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 01:42:50 am »
(Sleep is for people with lives >>)

I'm excited to not have to deal with little kids running around @___@ And most of my friends are older than me anyways ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 01:56:47 am »
I work and I sleep....at like 4 AM.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 11:50:41 pm »
I'm going to try and attend. Not sure what costumes I'll bring if any. Nothing to extravagant. But this con will at least give me some fun plans for new years.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 11:55:56 pm »
I think people are still wanting to get a Vocaloid Magnet group together, yes?
So I'm gonna be Kaito...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2010, 02:24:52 pm »
Oh maaaann, I wasn't planning on attending this year but after reading about the themed days... gah, I'm already getting psyched about it. Must... go... >.<

Offline asdfAnimeProductions

• Sailor Scout
    • asdfAnimeProductions-youtube!
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 03:34:15 pm »
Last years was good also.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2010, 06:23:03 pm »
Oh maaaann, I wasn't planning on attending this year but after reading about the themed days... gah, I'm already getting psyched about it. Must... go... >.<
I would say go, but make sure you have some friends going there too. There isn't a whole lot of panels (not that I typically go to them anyway) but it is a lot of fun. I normally hang out with friends at cons and mew con has been the absolute, hands down, best con I have been to (2009/2010 at least).

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2010, 12:57:08 am »
She'll have plenty of friends there ^^
Me being one of them!!!
So, you must go Pancake!!!!!!!

Anyone know what the price is going to be? What was it in past years?
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2010, 03:11:25 am »
*happy face* Yayyy. :'D I'm a bit more convinced now, hehe. Now I'm actually considering on going. I just hope I have any money at all by then. Meh, I will. I just need to give myself a good kick in the butt and double my work effort. xD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 05:05:54 pm »
I need to register soon if I truly plan on going. DX
da/tumblr

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 12:55:17 am »
Mewcon is the best con evaarrrr.
I will be there for sure. :333

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 04:23:21 pm »
We should try to get groups of 5 together, so people can get the $5 discount.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2010, 02:46:14 pm »
We should try to get groups of 5 together, so people can get the $5 discount.
That is a $5 per person discount. Normally Pre-reg is $30 per person but a group of five will receive their badges at $125 total cost (That is a $25 discount, or $5 off per badge)

Other prices:
At The Door:

* $45 Three Day Pass
    * $25 Friday
    * $25 Saturday
    * $30 Sunday

Source: MEWcon.com
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2010, 02:06:13 pm »
I'm very excited for this con now ^^
Though, I still need to find a place to stay >>

But my goal is to have my Steampunk Cheshire cat done for this!!!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Hawk_Gyrl

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2010, 04:13:06 pm »
You have no idea how excited I am for Mewcon! I have never gone but I am planning to this year!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »
Sweet! Excited to see you there ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »
I dunno, I might or might not go, the crowd seemed fairly young last year and while it was fun seeing all the cosplayers sorta felt like the old fart :P

Tho, it was fun hanging out with guy while he did AMV requests. 

Seems like it got more expensive this year?  Kinda sucks that it is father away, I liked the red lion because it is so easy to drive to :P
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2010, 08:02:42 pm »
Well, they've made it more of an adult con this year. So, I don't think there'll be that many younger people this year.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2010, 12:39:36 am »
A few friends convinced me to go, and i may end up being on staff or holding a few panels. I'll post once i know any details.

I might even have Kefka ready by then

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »

Okay you have won me over. I will go for this. I am presuming this is Labyrinth the David Bowie / Jennifer Connolly movie? Heck someone could come as the Goblin King & wear it both days *swoons* I have a modern replica Elizabethan Walking Suit, might as well wear it somewhere.

I will keep reading through the thread, see if I can find out what you have going on that is akin to what I've been doing with Kumoricon for 8 years (Fan Creation Programming) &  where I can plug in. When is your September meeting, if there is one?

If I go for Villian Day, I have always wanted to be "The Music Meister" from one of the Batman cartoons
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:25:14 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:19 am »
^ That'd be awesome!!!

So, I have my official plans for Mew!
1-Akito
2-Envy
3-Steampunk Cheshire Cat

And I'm officially going now ^^ Just need a ride...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2010, 06:31:14 am »
I'm officially con addicted So I'll be going for sure. I'm thinking Kasane Teto would make a hilarious new years cosplay.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2010, 09:11:45 am »
I am looking forward to it even more now. Bang Bang Neko wants me to help them out during the con :3

oslapedo

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2010, 09:16:13 am »
I'm very confused about the changes they're making, what does my 15 year old sister have to do to get in?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2010, 09:20:38 am »
I'm very confused about the changes they're making, what does my 15 year old sister have to do to get in?
It looks like as long as she is with an adult she should be fine. Your 18 right?
With a new year comes new changes! MEW 3 is now 17+ (or minor accompanied by an adult/guardian)

oslapedo

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2010, 09:22:37 am »
Ah, okay. I'm only 17 but we'll have a 20 year old with us. I've been hearing so many rumours about MEW's new policy, it's ridiculous.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2010, 10:10:01 am »
I think she would be fine as long as that 20 year old is with you guys.

Offline Saberchan

• Cabbit
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:29 am »
The more I think about it, I probably won't be able to go. Though I should have the days off, I'll have my new kitten by then and won't want to leave her for so long...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2010, 12:03:14 pm »
I was thinking about joining you this year. It will depend on moneys.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 03:21:30 pm »
they're trying to make the whole con more adult friendly, so they figured less kids would come if they made it a LOT more expensive for people under 18

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 03:31:24 pm »
Thanks, Nekovamp!
Thanks to Vampire-Kameko, I am now thinking I will be Columbia from Rocky Horror for New Years Eve. If only I knew how to tap dance.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2010, 09:36:20 pm »
Ah, okay. I'm only 17 but we'll have a 20 year old with us. I've been hearing so many rumours about MEW's new policy, it's ridiculous.
17 is fine to travel alone at M.E.W.con, 17+ means anyone age 16 or under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

oslapedo

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2010, 10:15:47 pm »
they're trying to make the whole con more adult friendly, so they figured less kids would come if they made it a LOT more expensive for people under 18

I'm really offended that they would jack up the prices for loyal minor patrons that have gone every year so far. If my sister has to pay more than I do for being two years younger I'm not going to MEW.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2010, 01:27:03 am »
I heard from a MEW staffer that there were about 6 people under age 17 registered last year, and that this low number influenced the decision. (This isn't first-hand knowledge, I'm just posting what I heard.)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2010, 01:34:51 am »
http://www.mewcon.com/registration
I see nothing saying minors pay more...

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2010, 01:47:54 am »
I don't know any details,I'm just quoting what a number of staff have told me

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 04:02:21 am »
I think I'm gonna try to make a few mask from LOZ Majoras mask for this. Paper mache time cometh.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2010, 10:51:34 am »
Spend the 25 bucks to Prereg at K-con. This **** should be ballin'.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »

I'm really offended that they would jack up the prices for loyal minor patrons that have gone every year so far. If my sister has to pay more than I do for being two years younger I'm not going to MEW.
see
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
http://www.mewcon.com/registration
I see nothing saying minors pay more...

I don't know any details,I'm just quoting what a number of staff have told me
What I believe this staff member was referring to was that there is one, and only one, price for badges (age wise at least), which is different from Kumoricon.

Quote from: Kumoricon's registration page
From kumoricon.org/registration
# $25 – Child registration (age 6 to 12) – Same cost whether pre-registered or at the door.
# Free – Children age 5 and under

As you can see, people under age 13 pay less to enter Kumoricon instead of paying the full price. At M.E.W.con both the child and their adult would have to pay the full badge price.

Under this model Oslapedo, both you and your sister would pay the same price. You hypothetical eight year old brother would as well. Where as with Kumoricon both you and your sister would pay the same price and said hypothetical brother would receive a discount.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2010, 04:32:05 pm »
Am I still Emceeing this thing?

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 05:02:05 pm »
Am I still Emceeing this thing?
As far as I know you have a purely ceremonial position: Master of Ceremonies, so yes.

(That is exactly how Tanis described it to me.)
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2010, 06:18:09 pm »

No one is jacking up the prices this is a quote from the site itself. It's gonna be the same price for everyone, since we have no curfew and are catering towards 17+ and as it's being said the price is the same because we also are not separating the age groups unlike other cons that are all ages. We MEWcon are not all ages any more as we looked at the registration numbers and the age groups at other cons, we decided it would be better for MEWcon to issue us a R rated con to help it grow and give the area a different con for a different age group. Sorry if this stops people from attending but there will be more adult and mature programming going on.

Pre-Registration Three Day Pass:
(Good thru Sept. 30th, 2010)

$30.00 Per Person
$125.00 Group of 5

At The Door:
$45 Three Day Pass
$25 Friday
$30 Saturday
$25 Sunday

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 07:31:02 pm »
I'll be going~ I think I'll be selling in the AA too :D
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2010, 02:10:52 am »
so, is the thing i heard about the themes for each day true? cause i've really wanted to make a steampunk outfit for a while now

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2010, 03:08:26 am »
so, is the thing i heard about the themes for each day true? cause i've really wanted to make a steampunk outfit for a while now
yep

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2010, 03:25:44 am »
i might finally get to finish that automail-style leg thing i've been working on

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2010, 08:35:20 am »
Questions or comments regarding MEWCon would probably be more appropriate to post in the MEWCon forums or ask directly to the directors, managers, and coordinators responsible for your specific areas of concern.  I'm seeing a lot of "I've heard this" and "I've heard that" here and word-of-mouth isn't the best way to facilitate discussion of rules and policies, especially when the information being discussed is readily available anyway. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2010, 10:12:54 am »
A friend I've been trying to interest in running panels there with me is interested in your Artists' Alley. She is not on the MEW forums AFAIK. Could you please post either info or a link here? Thanks.

Also, whomever is running any art-related contests, programming, or workshops, could you please PM me? I've been posting on the MEW forums, but not yet hearing back.

LOVE!
Rem.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2010, 05:41:54 pm »
Would anyone be interested in a cosplay chess? I am thinking about hosting a panel for one. >_> I would need two chess masters.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2010, 08:17:10 pm »
A friend I've been trying to interest in running panels there with me is interested in your Artists' Alley. She is not on the MEW forums AFAIK. Could you please post either info or a link here? Thanks.

Also, whomever is running any art-related contests, programming, or workshops, could you please PM me? I've been posting on the MEW forums, but not yet hearing back.

LOVE!
Rem.

Here you go hope this was the info you were looking for ^_^
http://www.mewcon.com/content/exhibitor-and-artist-registration (Artist alley)
http://www.mewcon.com/panel-registration (panels)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2010, 08:39:08 pm »

LOVE!
Rem.

Here you go hope this was the info you were looking for ^_^
://www.mewcon.com/content/exhibitor-and-artist-registration (Artist alley)
http://www.mewcon.com/panel-registration (panels)

Thanks!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »
Nikki, that'd be awesome! I'd totally join ^^
And maybe be a chess master...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2010, 02:41:36 am »
maybe I'll go with my friend .

never been so i'll be clueless on it ;;
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2010, 02:04:24 pm »
Questions or comments regarding MEWCon would probably be more appropriate to post in the MEWCon forums or ask directly to the directors, managers, and coordinators responsible for your specific areas of concern.  I'm seeing a lot of "I've heard this" and "I've heard that" here and word-of-mouth isn't the best way to facilitate discussion of rules and policies, especially when the information being discussed is readily available anyway. :P

With that in mind, HERE!!!
www.mewcon.com

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010, 03:21:28 pm »
Both BangBangNeko and I are manager level staff (M.E.W.con does not have directors so we are directly under the con "chair") so any questions you have that you do not wish to ask on the M.E.W.con forums can probably be answered by one of us. If neither of us can answer it I will try and find the answer for you. No guarantees on swiftness however.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

oslapedo

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2010, 04:30:50 pm »
BREWCON, WOOOO, I AM SO EXCITED. ONLY ONE MONTH AWAYYY, YEAH BABYYY.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2010, 06:11:06 pm »
BREWCON, WOOOO, I AM SO EXCITED. ONLY ONE MONTH AWAYYY, YEAH BABYYY.
THIS.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

oslapedo

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2010, 06:43:16 pm »
IT'LL BE LIKE EVERYTHING WE'VE EVER IMAGINED... ONLY REAL.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2010, 07:48:00 pm »
YOU MEAN THERE WILL BE A DOUBLE RAINBOW.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2010, 08:01:55 pm »
As soon as I see how everything goes at Orycon I'll know what I want to do for MEW :-D

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2010, 06:07:10 pm »
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Maiku

• Sailor Scout
    • Octavian Cosplay
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2010, 07:32:35 pm »
OMG, OMG, OMG!  Getting closer..
FIST PUMP!!!
2012 Kumo

Dad - Homestuck / Yukimura - Brave 10 / Captain Marvelous - Gokaiger / Flame Prince - Adventure Time

See some of my work: http://www.facebook.com/OctavianCosplay

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2010, 08:49:42 pm »
Everyone buy stuff from nyahaha, Hazuza, and me! We'll be in Artist Alley!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2010, 09:00:29 pm »
WHY THE HELL WOULD I GIVE YOU MONEY. WHAT ARE YOUR WARES MISS?
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2010, 09:06:47 pm »
MAID DRESSES, WHEN ARE YOU ORDERING ONE ;D
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:47 pm »
MAID DRESSES, WHEN ARE YOU ORDERING ONE ;D
WELL THE VILLAGE I OWN IN NIGERIA ISN'T PRODUCING THE DIAMONDS NOR THE TEXTILES, THOSE ARE BOTH THE PRODUCTS I USED TO FUND MY COSTUME ACCOUNTS. ALAS I HAVE SENT A CRACK TEAM OF MERCENARIES TO WORK AS PRODUCTIVITY MANAGERS.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2010, 09:19:20 pm »
Okay man but let me know if you want to commission anything, I'm tight for money too.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2010, 09:25:17 pm »
Word.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2010, 09:51:55 pm »
DIS CON.

It's going to be EPIC. OHMAN.

I just fear for what's going to happen now that it's 17+. :B I got hit on in the 18+ panel bad enough as it was. (Though I was highly amused)

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2010, 10:24:23 pm »
yes, buy from ussss

oslapedo

« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2010, 07:47:26 pm »
I just fear for what's going to happen now that it's 17+. :B I got hit on in the 18+ panel bad enough as it was. (Though I was highly amused)

FFFFFFFFF

I am also anxious about the new hotel, the last one was so perfect, especially the lobby.

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:59 am »
I am also anxious about the new hotel, the last one was so perfect, especially the lobby.

Go see the Sheraton (sp?) by the airport. The lobby is a little more cramped but we also have a large hallway to act as a second lobby. Overall there is much more space for just hanging out (not as much as Sakuracon, but it wont feel like sardines like the Hilton downtown).

The con is taking place (mostly) in the areas that are shaded and named (shading+name=conspace). The layout isn't final (actually this is an old map, some things have gotten moved) but the rooms we have are. Overall I think it is a net increase of unstructured space.

Because I know people will ask: the bar is 21+ and you can hold a panel at the pool (unless something has changed since we last discussed it).

On a side note, I'm looking for a few people with equipment to run RockBand or a full set of RockBand instruments (guitar, bass, drums, and a mic) for gaming. If someone would be willing to loan said equipment to us for the duration of the con I would be willing to give that person a badge.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:22:45 am by legoman60 »
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:36 am »
Lego:

I'm bringing a larger game library, and a couple of consoles. I'll see if I have room for some RB gear.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2010, 09:06:54 am »
Its getting closer to con so I am trying to get more people to sign up for cosplay chess. If you are interested in signing up please fill out this and email it to me at mulholln@gmail.com by December 1st, please include a picture of your cosplay, a complete picture. If you do not have a picture yet but will get one soon that is fine just let me know. I only have one person signed up right now and if it stays that way till December I may have to cancel the panel :<

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2010, 11:55:18 am »

^ THIS. I'm curious about the new hotel as well. I think mixing things up with a new hotel will be a nice change, although I will miss the Red Lion. The Sheraton looks really nice though! I'm excited to see how things go.

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2010, 04:08:33 pm »
Thanks Bressler, you rock.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2010, 06:57:59 am »
Orycon Creation Station had such an amazing time, many of us are even more excited now for MEW Con. I love merging the anime/manga and sci-fi/fantasy milieux. Going to try to check in with Andie directly some time this week re: what's available panel-slot wise. Tons of ideas. Our Tiptoe Through the TARDIS: Doctor Who Fandom Celebration was standing-room-only, and several of us, both panelists and attendees and an adorable, petite Rose cosplayer (from "The Doctor Dances", an all-time favorite of mine; I love me some 9/Rose/Jack), hope I'll get to run one at MEW as well.
I'm also going to submit my idea for "Whedon-Verse"--a fandom celebration of all things Joss has ever touched, with attendees encouraged to read their fanfics and sing their filks.
How do these sound to folks? I am so excited!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2010, 05:48:38 pm »

Artist Alley, huh?  What kind of stuff will you be selling?

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2010, 10:22:33 pm »
I'm selling crocheted amigurumi (cute animals) and some small keychains, and hair ties with bows on them. I might also do crocheted hats with ears on them, but not sure on that one yet.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2010, 10:25:54 pm »
Hmm... I might drop by, then, perhaps even use something for the "Miss" Kumoricon pageant...

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:47 pm »
sweetness. Maybe see you there then...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2010, 10:29:03 pm »
Maybe!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2010, 11:35:26 pm »
I'm loving the idea of the Joss panel <3
Makes me want to cosplay Mal...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2010, 12:08:34 am »
I'm loving the idea of the Joss panel <3
Makes me want to cosplay Mal...
AWESOME! Please do. Oh, and I'm also considering holding "Auditions for the Evil League of Evil" as part of the Whedon-Verse panel.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2010, 01:09:27 am »
lol
I think I might now. Since I wont be anywhere near done with my Steampunk Cheshire Cat...

I wonder if I can get two of my friends to go to Mew...They've cosplayed Kalie and River.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2010, 01:31:36 am »
SO! i have a panel going on at mewcon this year >w<

here's the link: http://www.mewcon.com/forum/index.php/topic,1273.0.html

it's CLUE anime edition! :) hope you guys can make it!

edit: here's the kumoricon's topic page for it: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=14458.0
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:33:07 am by luvan1me »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2010, 07:47:57 am »
lol
I think I might now. Since I wont be anywhere near done with my Steampunk Cheshire Cat...

I wonder if I can get two of my friends to go to Mew...They've cosplayed Kalie and River.

AWESOME! I named my cat after Kaylee!
and Hm, maybe I could get Radien to MEW after all...he loves Clue.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »
good >:3 now i have one more down XD 34 more ppl to go or so T_T i need a crowd for this panel <-<

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2010, 09:59:19 pm »
So my final list for Mew....we'll sorta final...Anywho:
Kaito (Vocaloid), Tristen (YGO), Kio (Loveless), and Riku (KH2)

Mainly I'm just figuring out what days I'm wearing them on.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2010, 11:07:23 pm »
So pumped for this con, but I still gotta make stuff for AA D8
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2010, 05:18:43 am »
Ive got to make it to the meeting but Ive got allot on my plate lol. Im planning four panels, three MSA ones and then a Hetalia one. Ive gotten swept up in that one :D I should have my cosplay for it before Mew since it will be my Christmas present.
KumoriCon 2011
Femmy Turkey(aph) Missing pieces: Green hoody, dye hair brown. Mask
Femmy Germany(aph) Missing pieces: Short blond wig, iron cross necklace, Possibly blue contacts

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2010, 11:45:41 am »
Washougal and I are still talking about what we're going to do for Mewcon like are we getting a hotel room or taking the buses back and forth each day.
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2010, 12:24:09 pm »
Yeah... I'm up for the traveling, myself.  This is mainly because I'm not getting that good of a paycheck this month.  (Part-time union positions suck in some ways).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2010, 06:06:04 pm »
Washougal and I are still talking about what we're going to do for Mewcon like are we getting a hotel room or taking the buses back and forth each day.
You might have to look into whether any public transit runs different hours for the holidays of 12/31 & 1/1.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2010, 10:00:13 pm »
I didn't even think of that...

They go by Sunday schedules on New Year's Day every year; New Year's Eve is determined on a year-by-year basis.  According to their website, it too will be going on Sunday schedules.  That still won't matter to me that much, but it will for her... (blast).  I'm thinking that she's right...

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »
The max red line runs to within walking distance if that is any help.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2010, 10:35:36 pm »
Not really... we're looking at what'll happen with C-Tran services, since she and I live in Vancouver.  Thanks, though, legoman.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2010, 01:57:24 am »
I want to go to this but for once I want to be in a group from start to finish. It will give me an idea as to what I can expect at Sakura '11. It just isn't any fun trying to balance out what I want to buy/see in a convention against really absurd hotel taxes and bad food. I'm trying to put together a party so that we can sustain each other but either most of the people going have either gotten their plans figured out or they're too socially retarded to PM anything and hence, aren't willing to say anything. Last week I realized that most of the people that go to it are usually from Kumoricon so I figure I have a better chance of finding people on this board. Really sad I know but looking at MEW's lack of activity it can't be helped. :/

I like how there doesn't really seem to be a lot of planning. Events are scarce enough that I have time to make friends. I've been to AX twice(just registered a few hours ago for '11), went to Akicon a few weeks ago and finally wore a costume! Weeeee! <3

Now I'm staring at either another flood with nothing to do here or a New Year party in Portland where I can actually meet people.

I'd love to go but unless someone can coordinate a room and they're not completely disgusted by my amount of resources I might as well forget about it. Since I struck a deal with one of my pro tailors, I'm trying to push a really inexpensive costume to someone lucky before my contract dies. So I have all kinds of rollercoasters of fun on my mind right now and no one seems to want any part of it. :D
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2010, 11:45:31 am »
Looks like I'm going to go chill in the MEWcon lobby for half a day with some of my bros.
I'll probably wear Ramona from the Scott Pilgrim game for giggles.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2010, 02:18:41 pm »
Scott Pilgrim rules.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2010, 04:00:37 am »
Hey everyone I’m quite excited for this years M.E.Wcon and I’m almost done with the main events schedule so you should be seeing it in it in this upcoming week or next week. ^-^ But I had a question for all you costumers and cosplayers!

Do you have a sexy performance you've been dying to do? Or want to do one? Then here is your chance!! We've planned some half time shows during the dance and other events to put on a cabaret style show and were looking for some cosplayers that would love to go on stage and perform.

What are the guidelines?
*Can be any kind of costume (cross dressing, fursuit, burlesque, sci-fi, steampunk, anime, video games, etc.) There's no limit or restriction on what the costume can be. All we ask is that there is no full nudity. We don't mind if you do something like a skin tone bodysuit to give off the illusion of being naked but at least but some designs or lace on the suit.
Like this:
*Performances can be from 30 secs to 5 mins.

So if you'd like to do something please email me at: bangbangneko@yahoo.com and we can put you in. And thank you everyone for your support for this con and I really hope everyone has a great time and I can make the main events a great show. ^-^

-BangBangNeko

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2010, 04:50:42 pm »
A few fun meetups at MEW Con!
Harry Potter Fanfic Workshop!
Tiptoe Through the TARDIS: A Doctor Who Fandom Celebration!
and
The Whedon-Verse -- yep, you can actually come *sing* your favorite tunes, from "The Buffy Musical," "Once More, With Feeling"; or from Firefly (The Ballad of Jayne, anyone?); or from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!
You can even audition for the Evil League of Evil.......

These are all in the Workshop room, brought to you by Creation Station, at MEW Con.
Respectively, they are:
Sunday, January 2nd, 11am-noon;
Sunday, January 2nd, 4:15pm-5pm;
Sunday, January 2nd, 5pm-5:45pm.

We will also have a Copic Art Contest, Getting Started in Fanfiction, and Taking Great Cosplay Photos, and a new craft, using collages to create old-school bookmarks.

For those who haven't yet been able to see the Lovecraft fan films we showed at OryCon, they will be screened again, as well.

Hope to see y'all there,
Rem.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:19 pm »
speaking of fun meetups at MEW :3

CLUE: anime edition will be held day 3 from 3:30pm-6:30pm in Panel Room 1&2 combined!

you guys get to play as your character or if you dont' have a cosplay, choose from one of the ones we provide! just have fun and figure out who killed L! lol

hope you guys can come :3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2010, 12:39:10 pm »
Aww, I'm so bummed that that's during my own panels, or I'd be there.

*belatedly realizing that's probably why those panel hours hadn't been taken*

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2010, 08:39:25 pm »
you know you can still make it :P it ends at 6:30pm you have like a whole hour :P

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2010, 11:28:55 pm »
You're so sweet. Actually I have another panel (an art contest) until 7pm. Hopefully next year or another con!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2010, 11:34:38 pm »
oh poo T_T why is everyone shooting me down today ;A; </3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:54 am »
oh poo T_T why is everyone shooting me down today ;A; </3
Aw, I'm sorry, didn't mean to make you  :-\

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2010, 05:44:22 pm »
lol it's fine. i just hope mew turns out great :3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2010, 06:53:09 pm »
Me too! Very excited to meet new folks there. If only I knew what to wear.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2010, 08:38:03 pm »
lol well i'm already set ^3^v

day 0 casual nia (gurren laggan)

got my sakura street fighter outfit for day 1

gumi vocaloid outfit for day 2

aqua steampunk/victorian day 3

yup i'm all set XD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2010, 09:13:03 pm »
Sounds wonderful.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2010, 10:12:48 pm »
well it's very diverse i guess XD

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2010, 12:25:19 am »
Hey everyone I’m quite excited for this years M.E.Wcon and I’m almost done with the main events schedule so you should be seeing it in it in this upcoming week or next week. ^-^ But I had a question for all you costumers and cosplayers!

Do you have a sexy performance you've been dying to do? Or want to do one? Then here is your chance!! We've planned some half time shows during the dance and other events to put on a cabaret style show and were looking for some cosplayers that would love to go on stage and perform.

What are the guidelines?
*Can be any kind of costume (cross dressing, fursuit, burlesque, sci-fi, steampunk, anime, video games, etc.) There's no limit or restriction on what the costume can be. All we ask is that there is no full nudity. We don't mind if you do something like a skin tone bodysuit to give off the illusion of being naked but at least but some designs or lace on the suit.

*Performances can be from 30 secs to 5 mins.

So if you'd like to do something please email me at: bangbangneko@yahoo.com and we can put you in. And thank you everyone for your support for this con and I really hope everyone has a great time and I can make the main events a great show. ^-^

-BangBangNeko

I shall be doing improve belly dancing as Envy during the Villain's Ball, so look for me ;)
I may even have a Roy!
Also, if there are any other FMA cosplayers who'd be willing to join, I'd love it <3 Just contact me!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:44 pm »
I shall be doing improve belly dancing as Envy during the Villain's Ball, so look for me ;)

...interesting.  That's something I think would be worth seeing...

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2010, 10:01:04 pm »
lolol kristi :P i would join you, but i have no FMA costumes ;~;

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2010, 10:55:18 pm »
Well, I'm not doing his default outfit, I'm putting together an outfit that's more dancer-like. So you could do the same. If you had the hair of a character, then it'd work.
Maybe you could borrow my gf's black wig and be Lust...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2010, 11:18:57 pm »
meh i'm already planning to do those 4 costumes i mentioned, and i'm staffing so i don't wanna kill myself like i do at kumo >3<

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2010, 08:19:52 am »
Ive started on Lugia. Its close to being done. I imagine my next day off I will be able to finish it. All i need to do is attach the blue part on the stomach and back and make the sleeves and attach them. Not much work there.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2010, 10:20:28 am »
meh i'm already planning to do those 4 costumes i mentioned, and i'm staffing so i don't wanna kill myself like i do at kumo >3<

That's right, because the best place to die is AT KUMORICON!!!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2010, 01:16:12 pm »
PRETTY EXCITED
I'll probably be Shin most of the time, so if you see some dude with blue hair hitting on everybody, that'll be me. B]

oslapedo

« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »
Come on Shay, he doesn't hit on everybody, he's just flirtatious with cute ladies.

I'll be rocking Nana with this loser, among other things.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2010, 03:26:38 pm »
@washougal: exa-ke-tack-ly!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2010, 11:24:05 am »
^ ...and the person to give my eulogy will be anyone willing to cosplay as Zelgadis Greywords, especially if that someone is a woman.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2010, 11:24:44 am »
lol :P you silly person you
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:24:56 am by luvan1me »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2010, 11:26:16 am »
^ Arigato gozaimasu!  (I think I spelled that correctly...)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2010, 11:35:41 pm »
arigatou gozaimasu (yes)

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2010, 03:09:51 am »
Costume Contest!!Come in your best dress and compete for prizes! Best Sci-fi, Best Anime/ video game, and best Fantasy/Steampunk. We will also have best of show costume. To Sign up email bangbangneko@yahoo.com. With the form below filled out.

*Name:(First and last)
*Character:
*Genre:(Sci-fi,anime/video game,fantasy/steampunk)
*Construction notes:(How was it made?Why did you pick this outfit?, etc.)
*Image of character*

We will also have Hall themed Costume Contests!First day: Best Sexy costume
Second day: Best Villain costume
Last day: Best fantasy and Best steampunk contest.

Each day winners will be announced before the dance

Offline frogger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2010, 08:15:29 am »
Will i be able to get in with my school Id????
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:15:57 am by frogger »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2010, 09:06:53 am »
I AM SO SIGNING UP FOR THE COSTUME CONTEST! BRONTE CAN I ENTER?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2010, 02:42:32 pm »
Originally, I wasn't planning on cosplaying at all for this, since I'll be spending most of my time there working.  However, I think I'll look into making something quick so I can be apart of this somehow, too.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2010, 03:35:05 pm »
sadly none of my outfits that i'm bringing are made by me =-=" so i can't enter. oh well.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2010, 09:18:20 pm »
QUESTION

What exactly does guardian mean?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2010, 09:55:25 pm »
someone who is over 18 and vouches for you and consents to be responsible of you and your actions (should know this since i'm doing registration), and should be there at the con, or is your parent, uncle, aunt, granma/pa, cousin, or someone somewhat related to you. it can be a family friend too. so even your friend who is 21 and is taking care of you at the con, is your guardian. but he or she must be with you. that's what i know. but then i donno how mewcon's 17+ guardian policy is. 

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2010, 07:22:23 pm »
If that's true then I'm good to go :>

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2010, 11:04:31 pm »
Are we allowed to enter the costume contest if we had the costume commissioned? Or did you have to make it yourself?

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2010, 11:59:54 pm »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2010, 12:03:53 am »
@shadow: that's what i'm wondering, and if it's like kumoricon, then it has to be hand made.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2010, 12:31:37 am »
To get in you need an ID with a birthday on it and a photo. Since we need to make sure your 17+.

For the cosplay contest, yes it has to be hand made and it's on the first day, but we do have a fashion show which is open to anything. (Handmade or not) and it's on the last day. But we do have a Hall Costume contest which doesn't have to be hand made ether and there will be winners announced everyday before the dances.

http://www.mewcon.com/content/main-events
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:32:45 am by BangBangNeko »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2010, 06:43:01 am »
I thought you can also get in if you're with a guardian..... o.e

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2010, 07:00:20 am »
I thought you can also get in if you're with a guardian..... o.e

You can still come Shay! Here's a quote from the website!

"With a new year comes new changes! MEW 3 is now 17+ (or minor accomanied by an adult/guardian)"

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2010, 07:01:59 am »
Oh goody, I was a tad worried. xD
Thanks sir~

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2010, 09:43:18 am »
QUESTION

What exactly does guardian mean?
someone who is over 18 and vouches for you and consents to be responsible of you and your actions (should know this since i'm doing registration), and should be there at the con, or is your parent, uncle, aunt, granma/pa, cousin, or someone somewhat related to you. it can be a family friend too. so even your friend who is 21 and is taking care of you at the con, is your guardian. but he or she must be with you. that's what i know. but then i donno how mewcon's 17+ guardian policy is.  

Like this except with a piece of paper signed by your parent (or legal guardian) and the person acting as your legal guardian for the duration of the convention that says something relativly close to:

I (parent or legal guardian's name) the parent/legal guardian of (your name) allow (temp. guardian's name) to act as the legal guardian of (your name again) in all matters for the duration of December 31st 2010 to January 2nd 2011.

M.E.W.con would need a copy of said paper but it would also be prudent for your parent (or legal guardian) and your temp. guardian to have copies as well.

You can still come Shay! Here's a quote from the website!

"With a new year comes new changes! MEW 3 is now 17+ (or minor accomanied by an adult/guardian)"

Keep in mind that last bolded bit means that you must be with your parent or legal guardian at all times.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:47:58 am by legoman60 »
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

oslapedo

« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2010, 10:13:40 am »
If our mom signed a paper like that, could I, her older sister, act as a guardian?

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2010, 12:13:17 pm »
How old are you? If you're 18+ Then yes.
This is a 17+ event, meaning there may, at any time, be 17+ {Exa: Hentai} content. And if a younger person sees that without there legal guardian being present/giving consent, Mew could get in trouble.
Which is why {atleast one of the reasons} Mew con needs. A legal guardian to be there, and accompany the minor at all times.

Its like Kumo, where red badges NEED a blue badge at ALL times. {But for other reasons}

Also, a minor change to what Lego said:
signed by your parent (or legal guardian)
If your parent isnt your legal guardian they can't sign it. {Examples: Emancipations, Some divorces, if they relinquished there rights}
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:30:18 pm by LexManos »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2010, 03:30:25 pm »
I'm getting a lot of mixed information right now.

Some people are saying that I just need a permission slip from my parents, and then I can be with a 17+ person at all times, and others are saying that my mom or dad has to be there. (And by the way, there's no way my mom or step-father would ever come with me to a con.)

Can this be cleared up by MEW staff somewhere else?
MEW is getting close, and I'd like a solid answer.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2010, 05:57:30 pm »
I'm getting a lot of mixed information right now.

Some people are saying that I just need a permission slip from my parents, and then I can be with a 17+ person at all times, and others are saying that my mom or dad has to be there. (And by the way, there's no way my mom or step-father would ever come with me to a con.)

Can this be cleared up by MEW staff somewhere else?
MEW is getting close, and I'd like a solid answer.
Pretty much what is needed is your parent or LEGAL guardian needs to sign the form and say that they are ok with you being with " said guardian" For the convention and will be with where ever you go. So if your parents are ok with "Said gaurdain" and as long as it's ok with the guardian and the guardian is with you at all times. Then you can go into any event but the ones that would have Hentai.( Since you have to be legally 18)
It's so someone's parents go or not; they can distinguish what they want their children to see or hear at the convention. Take for example;

My parents when I was 17 would let me go to 18+ plus shows when i'm with them because their ok with me seeing what ever was going on.(Language, adult content, etc.)
But some parents would be REALLY against it, and would not want their children to go.

Most of what is going to heard or see at the con is what you would see in a rate R movie. (No full nudity) But we do have some girls that do burlesque doing stuff and some do strip to pasties and underwear. So if your parent or guardian doesn't want you to see something like this. Then they don't let you go in said event.

It's easier so we don't have different type badges, and if something happens your parents would be there.

I Hoped this help make it clearer and both LexManos and Legoman 60 are head Staff. As well as me, but were not registration so if you'd like a direct answer the girl running registration would have the best answer.

Here's her contact.
registration@mewcon.com

And I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2010, 06:03:58 pm »
I have a question, can the "said guardian" be 17?

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2010, 07:12:30 pm »
Same question, I'm going to be bringing my 15-year-old younger brother with me and I know my parents are totally fine with him seeing whatever.

ADDITIONALLY, I don't have a state-issued ID, so I don't have something with my birthdate. I have a school ID that says I'm a high school senior, but it just says my grade, not my age. I also have a passport, but I doubt my mom will be pleased with the idea of me being my passport to a con. Is it possible to photo copy a page of the passport with my photo and birthdate and bring that in?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2010, 08:07:19 pm »
Awesome, so I just need the permission form stating that my mom is okay with me being with my seventeen year old friends at the con?

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2010, 09:32:29 pm »
17 years old is still considered a minor in Oregon, and therefore may not be able to be assigned legal guardianship. I sent a message to mew registration staff seeing if they will respond I honestly don't know, I would assume the legal guardian has to be either 18, or 21.. I'll get back as soon as I get a definitive answer.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2010, 09:35:10 pm »
Dangit, ok thanks.
Does it change anything that I am selling in the AA and have an AA badge?

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2010, 09:37:35 pm »
I have a question, can the "said guardian" be 17?

No, legally a 17 year old can not make decisions on their own (which is why every legal document requires a parent or guardian's signature), therefore, they are not in a capacity to make decisions for someone else.*

Same question, I'm going to be bringing my 15-year-old younger brother with me and I know my parents are totally fine with him seeing whatever.

ADDITIONALLY, I don't have a state-issued ID, so I don't have something with my birthdate. I have a school ID that says I'm a high school senior, but it just says my grade, not my age. I also have a passport, but I doubt my mom will be pleased with the idea of me being my passport to a con. Is it possible to photo copy a page of the passport with my photo and birthdate and bring that in?

As long as you have the capacity to act as a legal guardian (I'm mildly sure it is 18+ for that, don't quote me though), it should be fine.

Assuming that registration is using the same ID requirements as the OLCC you would have to bring your passport (or a state/government issue ID) at least for when you check in. Photocopies are very easy to alter on a computer.

Awesome, so I just need the permission form stating that my mom is okay with me being with my seventeen year old friends at the con?

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. If you are saying your 17yo friend is your guardian, 17 year olds can not act as a legal guardian because they are not even their own guardians. If you are saying you would be their guardian, this is possible as long as you can be considered a legal guardian.

Dangit, ok thanks.

No, 17+ is 17+. A legal guardian must be with anyone under 17 at all times.*

*I do not know how emaciated minors and other similar situations would work in this case.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:45:01 pm by legoman60 »
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2010, 09:39:51 pm »
How about my twenty year old friend, bahaha? xD

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »
Dangit, ok thanks.

No, 17+ is 17+. A legal guardian must be with anyone under 17 at all times.*

*I do not know how emaciated minors and other similar situations would work in this case.
They have to be with us directly? or just at the con? I'm not sure they would want to hang around the AA table the whole time ;u;

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2010, 10:03:07 pm »
They have to be with us directly? or just at the con? I'm not sure they would want to hang around the AA table the whole time ;u;

They have to be with you directly any time you are in con space.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

oslapedo

« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2010, 10:04:38 pm »
I'm not sure I understand you correctly. If you are saying your 17yo friend is your guardian, 17 year olds can not act as a legal guardian because they are not even their own guardians. If you are saying you would be their guardian, this is possible as long as you can be considered a legal guardian.

The friend in question is 20.

Why did you guys make it 17+ anyways? We wouldn't have to go through all this bullcrap if it had stayed the same.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2010, 10:12:45 pm »
yea making it a 17+ con is really hard to pull off... especially with the whole guardian, paper thing. i mean i was staffing at kcon10 at registration and THAT was difficult already. i think you guys gotta rethink this whole thing.

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2010, 10:35:28 pm »
The decision to make this year of M.E.W.con 17+ was voted on by all managers and was nearly unanimous if I remember correctly. This was decided based primarily on the low population of minor attendees. A couple other factors were guardians leaving their minors at the convention unattended while they go party, and an abundance of conventions in the area that are geared towards a younger market (Sakuracon, Akicon, Kumoricon, etc.).

If there is enough interest we can consider removing this limitation for the 2011-2012 year.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:38:24 pm by legoman60 »
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2010, 11:22:23 pm »
yea. maybe making it a 13+ con, and then after dark or w/e 17+ i mean it would make things maybe a bit easier but i donno

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2010, 03:47:33 am »
How about my twenty year old friend, bahaha? xD
Yes that's fine

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2010, 03:56:34 am »

The friend in question is 20.

Why did you guys make it 17+ anyways? We wouldn't have to go through all this bullcrap if it had stayed the same.
It's fine since he's 20, the reason that the con was made 18+ was because minors were getting left without anyone watching them and with the con being around New Years and allot are 21+ (which means they will drink) it makes it safer.
But the main factor of why M.E.Wcon was turned 18+ is because were having ADULT programming during the day and all night (24 hr con) Also if you look at how many cons we have that are all ages.(Sakuracon, Akicon, Kumoricon, Norwescon, Orycon, Seattle Comicon) There's alot and there's none for 17+ and up, who are to young to go out to real New Years parties. (because there all 21+) So they can come here chill, go to panels like any normal con and also go to panels that would be considered 18+ at other all ages con.

Though if there is allot of minors who really wish to support M.E.Wcon next we will consider having the day being 17 and under and at around 6 being 17+. It really all depends on our attendance this year and how we do, and how everything went. 

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2010, 04:03:26 am »

They have to be with you directly any time you are in con space.
But I think we could make an exception to where your parents don’t have to be by your side the whole time your at the AA table. Long as their with you, when you go into any other room in the convention and to check you in. You could even contact registration (registration@mewcon.com) and ask and just tell them what your doing they could work it out for both you and your parents. But once you leave the AA room your parent need be with you, or else the staff won't let you enter any panels/or events. 

Hoped this helped.

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2010, 12:35:53 pm »
Exceptions should probably be approved by Admin. Admin@mewcon.com
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2010, 10:59:58 pm »
um is there something wrong with the MEWcon site? o.o cuz it says "access denied" ._.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2010, 11:11:21 pm »
So I've been looking at my cosplays and what I need to do and such, and I'm fixing my list...

Day one: Riku (if wig comes in time) or Gaara
Day 2: Tristan?/ Envy
Day 3; Kaito

Cosplay Contest: Steampunk Cheshire Cat
I'm really determined to get something together for my Ches cosplay, so I'm hoping to get it mostly done. I have two weeks......Wish me luck ^^;
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2010, 10:32:23 am »
um is there something wrong with the MEWcon site? o.o cuz it says "access denied" ._.
hmm, it seems to be working now.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2010, 01:07:01 pm »
The decision to make this year of M.E.W.con 17+ was voted on by all managers and was nearly unanimous if I remember correctly. This was decided based primarily on the low population of minor attendees. A couple other factors were guardians leaving their minors at the convention unattended while they go party, and an abundance of conventions in the area that are geared towards a younger market (Sakuracon, Akicon, Kumoricon, etc.).

If there is enough interest we can consider removing this limitation for the 2011-2012 year.

Personally, I think that IF they really wanted to have some sort of age-related limit, it should have been at 18, plain and simple, and the little ones can wait for Sakuracon and/or Kumoricon.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2010, 01:50:28 pm »
Personally, I think that IF they really wanted to have some sort of age-related limit, it should have been at 18, plain and simple, and the little ones can wait for Sakuracon and/or Kumoricon.
This would dramatically raise the popularity and attendance. Could it be managed if it suddenly grew 3x?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2010, 02:24:42 pm »
Having never been to MEWcon, I can't say whether or not those figures sound even close to being accurate, but it does make me see your point.

Personally speaking, I think it'd still be nice to have an adult-level con in the area.  Not that I don't mind young ones coming to Kumoricon, (I like it, honestly, especially if they're in cosplay; Kodak moments!), but I do like being me, and I feel like I have to limit who I am at these family cons sometimes.

This is why I'd like MEWcon to either go back to the way it was or have the age restriction truly be 18+.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2010, 03:20:26 pm »
Think of MewCon as rated R.
CONTAINS SOME ADULT MATERIAL.  PARENTS ARE URGED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MOTION PICTURE BEFORE TAKING THEIR YOUNGER CHILDREN WITH THEM.
http://www.filmratings.com/filmRatings_Cara/#/ratings/

{Don't quote me on this, as i'm not exactly sure}
I think the reason it was 17+ instead of 18+ is the NC-17 rating for various things. If you are 17, you can go watch porn {but Mew has rules against full nudity}. Which allows MewCon to be relaxed on the panels, and have a more 'adult' atmosphere. And include younger people by having them chaperoned.

Also, as many said, there are no adultish cons in the area.

This would dramatically raise the popularity and attendance. Could it be managed if it suddenly grew 3x?
Can you guarantee those numbers? Or are you just guessing? After this year, MewCon will be checking the attendee records and seeing if indeed it is viable to move to 18+ ONLY or move back to all ages. As for if we could handle it if it tripled in size.. That'd be crazy, but I could handle it :P

Right now it's all about finding the balance between what we can do in the convention. And making enough money to make the convention work. {MewCon is non-profit, they want to break even, loosing thousands of dollars is would kill Mew}

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:10:16 am by LexManos »

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2010, 03:49:49 pm »
Think of MewCon as rated R.
:D
If you are 17, you can go watch porn. Which allows MewCon to be relaxed on the panels, and have a more 'adult' atmosphere. And include younger people by having them chaperoned.
Why would anyone want to be chaperoned for this activity? o.O
Can you guarantee those numbers? Or are you just guessing?
My powers of speculation are amazing. :)
MewCon is non-profit, they want to break even, loosing thousands of dollars is would kill Mew
Well that's why we have registration fees. Look, I don't know about you but I look at this thing as one big social gathering full of anime, manga, cosplay, games, fun panels, a ton of art, dancing, karaoke, a chance to drink, meet a lot of fun people...You know...A nerd's New Year party. o.O'

I like the company of other adults when I'm at a party. Kids don't irritate me but they certainly scare the hell out of me a great deal more than they should. With that...I'll definitely be going to Yaoicon and other adult-themed cons next year granted I can get the funding for it and if the kids stay the hell out. :)

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »
Why would anyone want to be chaperoned for this activity? o.O
I don't know, just legally it needs to be done. Remember year before last, the swimsuit contest at kumo? How it got shut down 1/2 way through? Its because it was SUPPOSED to be 18+ but it wasn't listed that way on the schedule and minors get in.

My powers of speculation are amazing. :)
If only they were actually powerful :P

Well that's why we have registration fees.
But we still need the right number of people. {I'm not sure of the exact figures but an example}
Say it costs $30,000 to put on a convention. At $40/ea it needs 750 attendees. Last year, there were? 500?
its all about the balance between the cost of everything.
If I remember, someone said ~10% of last years attendees were < 18 which is another reason it was upped this year. 

Look, I don't know about you but I look at this thing as one big social gathering full of anime, manga, cosplay, games, fun panels, a ton of art, dancing, karaoke, a chance to drink, meet a lot of fun people...You know...A nerd's New Year party. o.O'
Thats exactly why I go to conventions like this, I don't go for the panels, or the guests. I go to hang out.

I like the company of other adults when I'm at a party. Kids don't irritate me but they certainly scare the hell out of me a great deal more than they should. With that...I'll definitely be going to Yaoicon and other adult-themed cons next year granted I can get the funding for it and if the kids stay the hell out. :)
hehe, the kids are gunna get cha! Anyways the point is, the 17+ is being tried out this year. I fully expect it swing one way or the other for next year's con.
It is only a trial! To see how everything goes!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2010, 04:14:43 pm »
:l
I've been with Mew since year one.
If they decide to kick out the people who were with them from the begining, I'ma be pretty mad.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2010, 10:08:45 pm »
the funny thing is, the whole REASON why i wanted to staff and go to MEWcon was cuz i was assuming it was going to be 18+ con... kinda bummed me out that it was 17+ sigh... i wanted to get away from the crap teens cracked on sugar that was kumoricon :P

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2010, 11:47:48 pm »
@Daemon - Do you know of any other adult cons "nearby" other than YAOIcon?

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2010, 11:53:30 pm »
Ok i'm sorry but you know what you can do for 17+ EVERYTHING BUT FULL NUDITY which is the kind of programming were going for.  

The difference between 18+ and 17+ is with 18+ you can show full nudity and contact sex. Which we can’t do at our con anyways XD so this is why we went 17+.
Because if a 17 year old can go watch a rated R movie without an adult, Which shows extreme violence and topless girls, and then why not make a con to match it.

So I really don’t see where everyone is upset about having 17 year olds, there not going to be hyped up teenagers. And you know I know some older people who act like hyped up teenagers and there way older than me. Lol

The reason we made so that anyone who is 16 and under can come is if there parents were ok with what there seeing and don’t mind spending the weekend with them. I mean my mom hates conventions; she just doesn’t understand it, but she went and watched me.

It’s not because we hate any kind age or want to leave our gracious minors who supported the con through its growth. But in order to compete with other events in the area and around the time we had to make a drastic decision and focus our con to an older crowd. Because really 17- 20 year olds can’t go out and drink or go to many of the New Years event because there 21+. So they can come to this con instead, and also not be at a kid con. So they can get away with more.

Were not trying to upset our very supportive con goers, but you in order to keep M.E.Wcon going we have to try new things and see what can bring people in. I really hope people don’t get to upset about this and will enjoy the con. I mean were trying my hardest to bring an event that everyone can enjoy even parents who don’t or won’t go to cons, wouldn’t mind going here. Plus awesome things planned for the con goers, like party packs and toast to the new years.

I’m very glad that people are voicing there opinion, because it helps us plan according.  
I hope I didn’t come off nasty I’m just trying to get the info across about our decision.

So if your 17 and older = No adult to be with you, your free to roam around freely.
But if your 16 and younger I’m sorry but you must have an adult.

*Edited* I took out "I'm" and put we're because it sounded like I ran the con which I don't. I'm just main events manager. I'm sorry if this came off wrong I was tired when writing this. Once again I apologize.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:13:24 pm by BangBangNeko »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2010, 06:58:31 pm »
Quick point to make, actually.

How are you going to know if someone is underage, if all of the badges are the same?
If you're going to be checking everyone to see if they are a minor, isn't that the same as checking ID's to get into a 17+ panel at a normal con?
Must we have our guardian with us at every moment, even if we're walking to our room, or chilling in the lobby?

K thx :>

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2010, 08:07:20 pm »
Quick point to make, actually.

How are you going to know if someone is underage, if all of the badges are the same?
If you're going to be checking everyone to see if they are a minor, isn't that the same as checking ID's to get into a 17+ panel at a normal con?
Must we have our guardian with us at every moment, even if we're walking to our room, or chilling in the lobby?

K thx :>
Minors will have a different badge or have a stamp/sticker on the badge so that the staff will know. We didn't make it different prices because once again this con is catering to 17+. So different prices were not needed since majority of the con people are going to be adult.
No minors means no need for a cheaper ticket price.

Like i've said before you only need a guardian to get into panels or events.

Artist alley and the dealers hall is open to the public and all ages, (from what has been said so far at meetings, because these people paid to sell their work and we want them too) Also the Lobby and going to your room is not part of the con's programing space, its public and hotel space and anyone even normal con goers must respect that when leaving the Con areas and be aware that what happens in the programming areas stays in the programming areas. So you won't need a guardian to be stuck to you in these spaces.
We've just made the rule that a guardian needs to be with you, so that if you go into the panel rooms, workshop, main events, video room, etc. They would ok with what you might see or hear since there will be more mature programming going on.

I'm sorry to say but this con isn't a kid con this year, and so rules must be placed in order to keep con goers safe and the convention running. I know allot are saying to keep it and all ages or 18+ only. But this is just a test if it goes over well or not it will decide the future of the convention. Most likely though it might just go to to being a 18+ con, because there is no way that M.E.Wcon can compete with the other all ages cons in the northwest.

Also the decision to make it 17+ has been made since last year it wasn't a last minute addition. We have posted all over the website and forums as soon as the decision was made. So allot of the complaints could have really been helpful if they were brought to our attention sooner rather than 2 weeks before the con. I'm not trying to be a hard a** but we kept because everyone has been supportive of the decision.

Also we do have a M.E.Wcon forum which all these questions can answered, and discussed. Even faster than here since only a few M.E.Wcon staff are on here. While you have everyone on the M.E.Wcon forum.
http://www.mewcon.com/forum/

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »
Of course I do. Only thing is they tend to stray from my interest in anime and they're a bit lower in artistic value. :)

Because really 17- 20 year olds can’t go out and drink or go to many of the New Years event because there 21+. So they can come to this con instead, and also not be at a kid con. So they can get away with more.
I like the 18+ and 21+ events posted here. I have never seen that before and since I'm going to it I'm pretty damn sure it's going to rock. :D

That is a completely absurd way to take care of lines for every adult panel! I would do this: Take whatever logo you're using for the badges and print them on a certain color. One that identifies minors from the adults. You're going to be carding the 21+ events by law anyway so additional divisions don't matter.

Minors will have a different badge or have a stamp/sticker on the badge so that the staff will know.
Finally! SOMEONE used their brain! This is going to fix a lot of chaos that other conventions have always caused for themselves. :o

I'm sorry to say but this con isn't a kid con this year, and so rules must be placed in order to keep con goers safe and the convention running. I know allot are saying to keep it and all ages or 18+ only. But this is just a test if it goes over well or not it will decide the future of the convention. Most likely though it might just go to to being a 18+ con, because there is no way that M.E.Wcon can compete with the other all ages cons in the northwest.
Are you kidding? That's the perfect way to compete with the rest. This thing is right on New Year's too. This is going to be amazing and I'm certain this is going to be a success.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2010, 11:24:15 pm »
Of course I do. Only thing is they tend to stray from my interest in anime and they're a bit lower in artistic value. :)

What & where, please?

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2010, 11:55:19 pm »
What & where, please?
No! Find them yourself. I'm not talking about conventions that are a conflict of interest to anime lovers. Sorry. :-\

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2010, 11:57:19 pm »
So how does YAOI not fall into that?

On a MEWcon related note...

...it looks like I'll be at MEWcon all day Friday, not at all on Saturday, and from about 12 on on Sunday.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:59:02 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2010, 12:17:11 am »
So how does YAOI not fall into that?
Because whether you like it or not, yaoi does have some artistic merit. Which coincidentally, is why I find it so interesting. ;D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2010, 09:58:30 am »
Okay, let me rephrase that...

I'm wanting an adult-themed anime con, other than YAOIcon.  Not all YAOI has artistic merit, and lots of straight adult-stuff does.

BACK TO MEWCON!!!

This will probably be a "no" but does anybody know if there will be a viewing room for the Seahawks game?  It could be the game that determines if Seattle will make it to the playoffs this year or not.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2010, 10:04:19 am »
I doubt it, but I'm sure there will be a sports bar or something similar nearby. It is Portland, after all.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2010, 10:40:52 am »
Yeah, but I'll be at MEWcon to work at a table.  Leaving to go to a bar wouldn't be right.

Oh, well.  Chan has internet on her phone; we can just check the score from time to time.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2010, 11:40:00 am »
AFAIK everything Creation Station is bringing to MEW happens to be G or PG-13: Fanfic, Collage Bookmarks, Lovecraft fan films, meetups for Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Whedon (Buffy, Firefly, etc.), Copic art contest. Unless Robert wants Cosplay Photography to be R. I'd recommend for next year that rooms have ratings, that there be 1 room PG-13& lower all-day or til late-night, or, that there be 1 day (other than 12/31) for all ages, and 2 for 18+. Aaron: Rustycon& Norwescon have outrageously adult 21+ "room parties", especially my pal at Biohazard. Let's say they relate to some of your & Chan's Apples to Apples cards ;-). I'd love to take you two; I'm a "room party virgin".

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2010, 11:48:11 am »
AFAIK?

PARTY!!!  Not sure if I'll be able to join in; I'll probably be leaving Friday afternoon/evening so that I can get to Washougal early enough to do my announcing job out there Saturday morning.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2010, 12:42:25 pm »
Announcing job? If I go to Rusty, it'd be Friday, Jan 14; Sat 15 I have my pals' Pyrate Punx show in Eugene. AFAIK = as far as I know.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:33 pm »
I'd recommend for next year that rooms have ratings, that there be 1 room PG-13& lower all-day or til late-night
As Aegies, I approve this idea, it'd make my job easier.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2010, 01:48:22 pm »
*nod* It's ironic, I'm used to holding erotic open mics, but I get to a 17+ con and invite the most G-rated panelist: the priest walking fanworks creators through a Catholic Mass!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2010, 02:55:06 pm »
Announcing job?

Yup!  I announce for a high school wrestling team.  That Saturday will be the Varsity tournament.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2010, 07:47:02 pm »
Way cool. Ironically, wrestling is 1 of the activities for which Biohazard is notorious. Anyway. I tried 2 places today but am still on the prowl for anything to wear to MEW's Steampunk Ball. I treated a couple folks to tix so I can't back out!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2010, 07:52:25 pm »
MUST......GET.......COSPLAYS DONE!!!!!!! X.X

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2010, 09:45:29 pm »
Way cool. Ironically, wrestling is 1 of the activities for which Biohazard is notorious.

Biohazard as in,... the video game?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2010, 10:26:26 pm »
A crew who run raves/parties.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2010, 05:51:07 am »
Hey guys!! Tell your friends about the new years eve dance at Mew con! The dance is going to be awesome but it will be EPIC if you all invite your friends!

If you know someone who wanted to go to MEW but didn't have the funds for an entire weekend, tell them that they can still celebrate the new year with you at the dance!

Only $5 for people to get into the DANCE ONLY

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE! We want to get this thing hopping!

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2010, 07:31:36 am »
Goodies for you Con goers! So if You buy a three day pass, you get some New Years Toys to celebrate with.

Also Thursday, 12/30/2010 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. pre-registration only So don't forget to come grab your tickets! So you don't miss any events waiting for your badge. ^-^
And Tell everyone that the Dealer's Hall is Open to the PUBLIC!!!!
Were also selling just Dance passes, so if you just want to come to one of the three dances we'll have passes ready.
NYE Dance: $5
Villain's Ball: $5
Steampunk and Fantasy Masquerade Ball: $5

Big Events happening!
Muggle Quidditch: Second day
Costume Contest: First Day
Swimsuit Contest: First Day
Sexy Half Time Show: midnight the second day
Fashion Show: Last day
Dragon Hatching: First day
Trixie Pixy Live Concert: Second Day
New Year's Eve: Lips on Learning Wine Survival Class (21+)
Almost Anime Dating Game
Plus more!
Special appearances:
501 st and The Brown Coats will join us and make appearances all throughout the convention

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:49:58 am by BangBangNeko »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2010, 10:10:43 am »
Wait so there is a pre-reg day?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2010, 10:12:56 am »
Browncoats, woot! Hopefully some will come sing at the Whedon-Verse meetup!
Speaking of which, in prep for it (and given sleep dep) I've been re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 2. Thinking of seeing if I can find a white baby-doll dress & a creepy doll to cosplay Drusilla!

oslapedo

« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2010, 10:36:40 am »

It seems like it, me and Shay might go in normal cothing to check out the hotel.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2010, 10:41:41 am »
I am hoping to be there but I bet I will have to work. I will ask to get off early that day.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2010, 10:54:34 am »
New Years Toys
This is relevant to my interests! :D
Sexy Half Time Show: midnight the second day
Oh God...I still need to finish learning the other half of my dance. :o

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2010, 11:08:25 am »
Yep the time was finally confirmed.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2010, 11:18:28 am »

Well Damn. I am so entering this. The only question: Is it a cosplay swimsuit contest or not?
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2010, 11:30:07 am »
last year there wasn't too much costumes but I don't think it really matters. Either way you can wear a costume or not. Up to you :D

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2010, 11:30:50 am »

Well Damn. I am so entering this. The only question: Is it a cosplay swimsuit contest or not?
o
I believe it's a costume swimsuit contest, since you have do all of this. (quote from the website)
Come see amazing women and men compete for your love and adoration in their wonderful and pleasing anime,sci-fi,fantasy, video game, etc. Inspired cosplay swimsuits! The event will be 3 rounds, all rounds are to be in character.
Round 1 will be be posing and introductions, give the audience a little about your self.
Round 2 will be talents.
Round 3: Q&A

After all rounds are complete we will have 2 winners the crowd favorite and the judges pick will get $40 prizes each! To sign up go to the forums and contact Hentai Cupcake. Under panels and events or sign up before the event in person at the con

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:53 am »
Oh if anybody wants to see what the con hotel looks like. I found a link to their gallery of the hotel.
http://www.sheratonportlandairport.com/gallery

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:46 am »

It seems like it, me and Shay might go in normal cothing to check out the hotel.

HA, YEAH RIGHT.
I'LL WEAR SOMETHING MOE MOE KAWAII DESUUUU

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2010, 12:04:12 pm »
I'll see if I can go too :D
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:22 pm »
I made this layout sorry about the quailty. XP But it should give you an idea of where things are.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2010, 01:24:46 pm »
Just a few notes:
As far as I know, the garden courtyard will be open, if its nice weather. I'll have to look at the hotel more. But its just a little courtyard with a bench and some trees.

And the PDX room, is where the lost and found will be.

Also, the room in front of the exhibitors hall was going to be table top games right?

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2010, 03:05:12 pm »
Just a few notes:
As far as I know, the garden courtyard will be open, if its nice weather. I'll have to look at the hotel more. But its just a little courtyard with a bench and some trees.

And the PDX room, is where the lost and found will be.

Also, the room in front of the exhibitors hall was going to be table top games right?
The PDX is gonna be the green room and staff area. Because it's the only place with a cooking space and enough room for guests to store their things and get changed. The courtyard is closed because their fixing it up and don't want people going in. Atleast that's what the hotel told us, they said it wouldn't be opent till next year. Which then we could use it. Unless this has been changed recently. ^-^
As far a table top I don't know about that I thought it was gonna be in panel 3, that's something we'll need to find out so I can fix the layout.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2010, 03:20:52 pm »
I thought the green room was going to be on the second floor.
The PDX room doesn't have a kitchen, it has a big meeting table.
And at the walk through last month, I could of sworn they said the courtyard would be open by the con. But, its not that big of a deal as it'd just be a chill out space.

You might want to get Admin to look over the layout if you haven't already.
Its been a while since I talked to her about it, things may have changed.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2010, 08:29:50 pm »
Hmm I I’ll email her, because I could have sworn the PDX was the green room. But you could be right; all I know is 105 is the room for food lol. I'll send her my layout and let her go over it. It's nothing official I just wanted to give a basic outline.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2010, 08:47:30 pm »
Ya, don't take anything I say as law. But if i remember correctly from the walk through last month, the pdx room has a shower/bathroom. A conference table, and a seating area, not a kitchen or anything like that. {Its a board room}

However I was told specifically that that would be the Ops office {along with some storage} and the lost & found.
It might be a combination of everything....

Anyways, con needs to come faster :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:48:10 pm by LexManos »

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2010, 08:54:06 pm »
Ya, don't take anything I say as law. But if i remember correctly from the walk through last month, the pdx room has a shower/bathroom. A conference table, and a seating area, not a kitchen or anything like that. {Its a board room}

However I was told specifically that that would be the Ops office {along with some storage} and the lost & found.
It might be a combination of everything....

Anyways, con needs to come faster :P
no no It's good that somebody told me. I mean I rather be wrong and change it sooner rather than before the con lol. XD

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2010, 12:46:05 am »
Planning on drinking and partying New Year's Night?  Good news!  My band, Digital Dreamcore, will be on stage day 2 a little before noon to rock the hangover out of you! 
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2010, 02:43:48 am »
Planning on drinking and partying New Year's Night?  Good news!  My band, Digital Dreamcore, will be on stage day 2 a little before noon to rock the hangover out of you! 
You will be loved! ;D

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #263 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:07 am »

Aw,  sad face!! I'll be working Kumori's table, so I cant watch. It'll be cool though, I'm sure of it!!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2010, 09:37:58 pm »
So I'm a little bit confused on the process about getting under 17's into the con.

For instance, my brother, who is 15.
I'm 17 and have an AA table. We have a family friend who is 19, can he be my brother's guardian? Is there a specific form that my mom needs to fill out to prove that she approves? Our family friend will be with him the whole time, so there's no worry about that.
Basically I want to make this as problem-free as possible.

Also I asked about IDs before and got a little bit confused.
In order to get in, you said you need to have an ID with birth date on it. I don't have a driver's license or permit, the only state-issued ID that I have is my passport, which I'm not sure bringing to a convention is a good idea. I have my school's student ID which says I'm a senior, but that doesn't have my birth date.
I have other alternatives, for instance my class schedule has my birth date AND address on it as well as my full name, could that possibly work?
Like I said, I want as few problems as possible when it comes to registration.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #265 on: December 27, 2010, 09:47:25 pm »
@fleur: from my experience with the Kumoricon's Registration ID information, I know that your school ID is a good thing to show, and to verify that that is your name and we have somewhere where your age is, yes, a school issued schedule, that shows your school ID number, your name, birthdate can work. because 1) it's from your school and it IS issued by the state 2) it has your full name, birthdate, and since you have your school ID to make sure that information is yours and that face is yours, then yes it is viable proof.

about your 15 year old brother coming in with a family friend that is 19 and has permission from your parents, yes she can be his guardian. All you have to do is get a paper signed by your mother saying that "I give ______,permission to be my son's/daughter's, _______, guardian for the whole duration of MEWcon. signed_____." something like that. and of course date it as well.
ALSO the guardian must show his/her ID as well to make sure that they are over 18 and all that stuff :)

hope that helps!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #266 on: December 27, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »
Thank you, that is extremely helpful!
I actually right in front of me have my Oregon Transcript from my school, and it has my birth date and full name on it. That should work too, right?

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions, I've had to deal with getting my passport and going to the DMV, and I am not going to be turned away for having the wrong form haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2010, 02:58:49 am »
LOL yea i know how THAT feels ._. first time i tried to get my passport ended up having to drive back home and get some more forms -.-

but yes any state official type paper that has your birthdate and full name is a GOOD thing to bring, and NOT copies of them btw! just letting you know, cuz copies are considered not viable cuz of the high risk of it being forged/fake etc.

as long as you have 1) a school and/or state issued ID with your full name and face AND 2) a state official paper with your birthdate AND full name, then you are good to go. cuz i had that problem happen 3 or so times at kumoricon and as long as you have those 2 if you have no ID that has your birthdate on it, then yes, that is the best you can do.

bringing your passport should be a crime to carry to these places! D: worst place to get it stolen/lost oh the many possibilities of getting identity theft >.<

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2010, 01:07:58 pm »
bringing your passport should be a crime to carry to these places! D: worst place to get it stolen/lost oh the many possibilities of getting identity theft >.<

I just think it's illogical.  If you're not traveling internationally, then you should leave international ID at home.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2010, 10:07:08 pm »
exactly! unless you are like me and are SUPER weird about having a passport to get into a convention just cuz you have NO other id at the time XD but i keep it locked in a safe in the hotel room, so that's good =w=

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2010, 10:26:53 pm »
God yeah if I had to bring my passport I would have been really mad.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2010, 11:22:58 pm »
i keep it locked in a safe in the hotel room, so that's good =w=

That'd be a good move to make, I suppose.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2010, 12:51:54 am »
Damn...I'm not taking my permit test this week, so I need to find another ID thing......Crap....
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2010, 04:33:24 am »
Update: Floor Plan

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2010, 09:44:50 am »
Well, it's good to see that the minors don't need a guardian to go with them to the bathrooms.  ;D

Thanks for the update!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2010, 11:18:58 am »
Damn...I'm not taking my permit test this week, so I need to find another ID thing......Crap....
On the last page we just had a big conversation about it, if you have a school report card or transcript with your name and birth date as well as your student id from the same school, that should work.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2010, 09:25:54 pm »
So here is just a little taste what kind of prizes we will have. Most of these alone are for the costume contest, and more are prizes are still being added for other contests!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2010, 12:24:06 pm »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
I need to pack and finish my cosplay, ahhhh

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2010, 01:10:49 pm »
The prizes for the art contest are donated by Copic. There are color posters, elaborate inked art, possibly some markers and ink pens (I have to see what's left from OryCon), magazines about how to color comics using Photoshop, and a travel wallet for the markers (very nice).

Art can be hand-made or digital, can be any medium, and can be made on-site or brought to con. (Or printed there, if you find a way to print in the Sheraton's business office for hotel guests.)

Art may be turned in in the Workshop room at the start of the Lovecraft fan film screening (10pm Saturday), or may be brought to the Workshop room during the scheduled time for the contest: 5:45p-6:45p Sunday. Judging will be at 6:45pm Sunday with prizes at 7pm Sunday. You don't need to be present to win, but I can't guarantee knowing how to reach you to get a prize to you if you're not there...if you include contact info with your submission(s), I'll try.

Entries may be up to R rated.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
OH GOD DONT EVEN SAY THAT
so much to do

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2010, 02:21:36 pm »
All that I need to do is get some medical tape to wrap around my head.  I'm planning on going as a young, semi-formal version of Mr. Boddy, and I'm planning on wrapping my head up as if though someone hit me with a wrench.  (I even have a wrench to go with it).

oslapedo

« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2010, 04:33:57 pm »
What is the art contest theme? Or is it just a free for all, draw whatever?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »
I do not think I will be cosprayin'. Or stayin' long. But I'll still be there for a bit on Day 2.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2010, 09:26:45 pm »
The art contest is wide open. Any original art and any fan creation, in any medium, up to an R rating. However, art that ties in with any MEW Con panels run by Creation Station will get special consideration. Thus that would include any illustrated fanfic or doujinshi; collages; bookmarks; cosplay photography; anything made with Copic ink pens, manga, or manga paper; fan films, or anything evocative of Lovecraft or of ghost stories; or anything related to the fandoms regarding which we have panels/meetups: Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and the Whedonverse: Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2010, 11:09:32 pm »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
so much to do
I STILL NEED TO PACK AND FINISH STUFF, BLEHHH

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #285 on: December 31, 2010, 12:45:04 am »
GUYS, THIS IS TOMORROW.
so much to do
I STILL NEED TO PACK AND FINISH STUFF, BLEHHH
I DIDNT GET MY AA STUFF ALL DONE D: oh well. I got all day at a table to work on more xD

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #286 on: December 31, 2010, 11:52:18 am »
I'm pretty much packed~
We'll get there around 2-3 :>>

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #287 on: January 02, 2011, 01:36:00 am »
Raise your hand if you're at MEW or just got back and think you could sleep for a few days straight...  ;)

*raises hand*
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2011, 02:17:03 am »
still at MEW and i lost track of time and is just @.@ x.x

i was the sakura (street fighter) today

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2011, 09:09:22 am »
TAKING A BREAK AT HOME REAL QUICK BEFORE THE FINAL DAY OF MEW

It was fooking awesome this year bb

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #290 on: January 02, 2011, 02:37:09 pm »
For my first mewcon, I had fun! Though me as my cheetah girl really made me rethink my Ivy cosplay idea. I sadly think I creeped out more people than made friends, but I had fun still.

Though who ever gave me their hangover Saturday morning was evil. XD

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #291 on: January 02, 2011, 03:25:54 pm »
I left the con crying. ; n ;
I'm going to miss everyone...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #292 on: January 02, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »
For my first mewcon, I had fun! Though me as my cheetah girl really made me rethink my Ivy cosplay idea. I sadly think I creeped out more people than made friends, but I had fun still.

Were you at the anime dating game? >3>

For the several hours that I was there only yesterday, I had quite the time. My first year being there, I didn't complain about anything. I don't understand why some people did. I mean I wasn't planning on coming at first but it was still really fun. I wish I would have gotten to see more people and hang with them more but I still had a good time.
da/tumblr

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #293 on: January 02, 2011, 06:05:35 pm »
still at MEW and i lost track of time and is just @.@ x.x

i was the sakura (street fighter) today

I just got the Arcade room, and am about to ask you about my clipboard.  It was really fun playing the corpse, especially since people were violating my body (at least most of it...).

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2011, 08:18:14 pm »
Raise your hand if you're at MEW or just got back and think you could sleep for a few days straight...  ;)

*raises hand*
Yes. Sadly there is school D:

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 03, 2011, 12:24:44 am »
I got back today, and had a blast at Mew. ^^

Anyone have any pic's yet? ;c;

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #296 on: January 03, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »
I had a wonderful time. For those on the MEW forums, I posted my con report :D

<EDIT> *reads random's post* *raises hand* *yawns at work*
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:53:17 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #297 on: January 03, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »
It was great at Mew con I had fun and met alot of cool ppl.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #298 on: January 03, 2011, 06:45:22 pm »
^ Same here.

If there's still a MEWcon next year, I think I'll be coming back, but this time (possibly) as an attendee!

Offline Kadaj

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2011, 03:23:27 am »
-clings to Mewcon- Don't jinx it! There will be another Mewcon! I demand it in the name of Inu! I will die without my awesome Chillcon! It must live on and make awesomeness more awesome!

Anyways, as you can see above, I love Mewcon! I have worked security for all three years and I have enjoyed it every year. I have my fingers crossed for next year! -crosses fingers- I must have my Mew fix or die!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2011, 11:40:36 am »
-clings to Mewcon- Don't jinx it! There will be another Mewcon! I demand it in the name of Inu! I will die without my awesome Chillcon! It must live on and make awesomeness more awesome!

Anyways, as you can see above, I love Mewcon! I have worked security for all three years and I have enjoyed it every year. I have my fingers crossed for next year! -crosses fingers- I must have my Mew fix or die!

Aww... that's cute!  You think I believe in jinxes! ;D

Make your voices heard, oh fans of the MEW, to your leaders, so that they know your support in them is strong!!!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2011, 12:10:36 pm »
Support and encouragement are always good, but I don't think it's their voices that the MEWsters are worried about. What will probably make the difference is whether people bought enough tickets. Hotels charge a lot of money for meeting space, and happy voices don't pay the bills.

(From all the good things I heard about MEW during Kumori and on the forums, and from the way the hotel was filling up, I would have thought they were going to be jam-packed. I'm surprised they weren't, considering how fun and relaxed it is. But even so, I think/hope there were probably enough people there to cover the bills... assuming that most of the people there actually bought tickets, that is. =/)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »
^ This.
<3 you, MEW! Seriously.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2011, 12:50:54 pm »
The thing though is that I've heard some of the board members are thinking about calling it quits regardless of the financial situation because some people were supposedly displeased with the con.

It might change this upcoming year, too, since the economy is supposed to be starting to make a turn for the better (CNN, FOX, and NBC specialists all seem to agree with this from what I've heard this past week).  Maybe MEWcon could have a bright future after all...

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2011, 01:05:08 pm »
Quote from: randompvg
What will probably make the difference is whether people bought enough tickets. Hotels charge a lot of money for meeting space, and happy voices don't pay the bills.
...But even so, I think/hope there were probably enough people there to cover the bills... assuming that most of the people there actually bought tickets, that is. =/)
The unofficial rumor that went around staff late Sunday night was that required break-even was 400 tickets, but only about 300 of the people who showed up actually paid anything. The con hotel and the neighboring hotels reported that around 600 people rented rooms for the con. So we are talking a 50% 'ghost' rate, which frankly SUCKS for the possibility that there will be a 2011/2012 Mewcon; also heard was that the organizer is already over $10K in the hole - as in PERSONAL MONEY gone...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:19:18 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
(From all the good things I heard about MEW during Kumori and on the forums, and from the way the hotel was filling up, I would have thought they were going to be jam-packed. I'm surprised they weren't, considering how fun and relaxed it is. But even so, I think/hope there were probably enough people there to cover the bills... assuming that most of the people there actually bought tickets, that is. =/)
Still waiting on final totals, but that is what hit the hardest this year. People were making it a game to sneak into panels/etc.. while our backs were turned.
We didn't have enough staff to police everything all the time and we shouldn't have to. Combined with the where our jurisdiction starts/stops gives us vary little power.
People just need to realize that badge fees are what makes the con run! The money that is lost if to few people buy badges, comes right out of the specific people's pockets.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:13:49 pm by LexManos »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »
I appreciate all the supportive sentiment towards the inner MEW circle and all the lamenting of what shouldn't have happened, and echo it. However, I am actually uncomfortable with details that probably would have been intended by an individual to remain private (with regard to personal finances as opposed to convention finances) being in a public part of another convention's forum. Just a thought that we should respect how someone might be feeling emotionally about such a situation.

In fact if this conversation were about KC finances & KC directors, mods would probably have edited it by now.....

I don't know if people are aware that MEW is a project of the non-profit, Morak Events. Donations to Morak Events are 501(c)3 tax deductible. Perhaps some of those who snuck in could make amends by making donations. That would repair some of that bad karma.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:38:08 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2011, 02:59:07 pm »
Quote from: RemSaverem
I am actually uncomfortable with details that probably would have been intended by an individual to remain private ...
Thats why what I mentioned was (a) delicately passed along clearly marked as hear-say only, (as in "FWIW,") and (b) names no names or private details included...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »
Quote from: RemSaverem
I am actually uncomfortable with details that probably would have been intended by an individual to remain private ...
Thats why what I mentioned was (a) delicately passed along clearly marked as hear-say only, (as in "FWIW,") and (b) names no names or private details included...
* nod* and Thanks

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »
I appreciate all the supportive sentiment towards the inner MEW circle and all the lamenting of what shouldn't have happened, and echo it. However, I am actually uncomfortable with details that probably would have been intended by an individual to remain private (with regard to personal finances as opposed to convention finances) being in a public part of another convention's forum. Just a thought that we should respect how someone might be feeling emotionally about such a situation.

In fact if this conversation were about KC finances & KC directors, mods would probably have edited it by now.....

Not necessarily. I can't speak for the other mods, but the only way I'd yoink info would be if it fell into the category of "personal dispute", got within a mile of cyberstalking, or had legal ramifications. I try to hew pretty close to the spirit of the code of conduct since doing otherwise gets into dangerous territory, ethically speaking.

Mind you, I'm not sure that this much should be aired in public... people should probably look at their posts and make sure they'd be comfortable with the injured parties in question reading them. But it's up to them to know that, not me.  :-\

I don't know if people are aware that MEW is a project of the non-profit, Morak Events. Donations to Morak Events are 501(c)3 tax deductible. Perhaps some of those who snuck in could make amends by making donations. That would repair some of that bad karma. (extra emphasis added)

It would be incredibly nifty if that happened; by any chance do you know their PayPal details and/or snailmail address?

(But sadly, I would imagine that if someone came up with excuses for why they shouldn't have to pay, they'll continue to come up with excuses for it.)

Offline Lynx

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #310 on: January 05, 2011, 02:44:41 am »
I must say that I greatly enjoyed Mewcon and it's microsized population. Though small the crowd was, it was tight knit and everyone got real friendly with one another. I sadly did not get to hang out with the previous years Chillaxacon people. But I did get to meet at least 7 new people and befriended them. God help me if they catch me here on these forums >_>;
[Insert Snazzy Signature Here]

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #311 on: January 05, 2011, 12:41:40 pm »
Quote from: randompvg
What will probably make the difference is whether people bought enough tickets. Hotels charge a lot of money for meeting space, and happy voices don't pay the bills.
...But even so, I think/hope there were probably enough people there to cover the bills... assuming that most of the people there actually bought tickets, that is. =/)
The unofficial rumor that went around staff late Sunday night was that required break-even was 400 tickets, but only about 300 of the people who showed up actually paid anything. The con hotel and the neighboring hotels reported that around 600 people rented rooms for the con. So we are talking a 50% 'ghost' rate, which frankly SUCKS for the possibility that there will be a 2011/2012 Mewcon; also heard was that the organizer is already over $10K in the hole - as in PERSONAL MONEY gone...

Well, I can definitely say that I was one of those ghosts, as was Chauna.  However, we were working a table, not con attendees.  If there is a MEWcon, I know that I would love to come back, as an attendee.  Also, Clark's anime club was talking earlier in the school year about using MEWcon as a possible recruitment tool for us, but various issues with the school made that plan impossible.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #312 on: January 05, 2011, 01:27:01 pm »
@ Aaron vs. Those Sneaking In: KC was officially allowed by MEW to be there having a table, & you were there working, so that's not being a ghost.

I also was there not having paid (because I was providing a greater number of hours of panels than the number required for a free day pass, and had gone through the proper channels to get the free day pass); but  I made a point to go to the reg table anyway and buy the cute colorful MEW dog tags as a sign of support and a donation.

Officially being part of a con, in such a way that the con allows you to not be charged money for your participation, is very different than unilaterally, arrogantly presuming the right to enjoy the fruits of dozens of others' labor without contributing either effort or money. The first is productive and community-minded; the second, detrimental and selfish.

Having been low-income for years, and even houseless at times, I empathize with folks who want to be part of community but don't have money. Those folks could have joined staff, been panelists, at least come up with the $5 for an evening dance. I have no empathy for folks who apparently can afford to spend elaborate amounts on their own cosplay, but then sneak into, rather than pay to attend, the con for which they made or bought the cosplay.

And honestly, I feel really differently about people sneaking into MEW -- a relatively tiny con, with a family feel, that really is a non-profit -- than I would if they snuck into something that obviously was huge and making an enormous profit (Sak, AX, etc.). With something huge and rich, it would likely have no impact. But there is no way anyone could truly have been ignorant they were being parasitic off something too small to be able to afford their behavior, with MEW.

@ random: http://sites.google.com/site/morakevents/Home/Volunteering is sort of a sign-up page for those who want to help, but I don't see any link for how to donate. I really should suggest they fix that, pronto!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:39:40 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #313 on: January 05, 2011, 05:23:43 pm »
@lynx: i caught u :P

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #314 on: January 05, 2011, 05:27:24 pm »
I had a good time at the con, and thank you so much to the people who helped me figure out what to bring for registration, I got my badge without any problems.

Also, randompvg, I realized later that I didn't introduce myself but I'm the girl who gave you a brofist on the last day hahaha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #315 on: January 06, 2011, 02:22:04 am »
^ I kinda guessed, actually, and I was glad you stopped by! It was bro-tastic. (^_^)

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #316 on: January 06, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »
MEW was pretty brotastic. I had a lot of fun, and observing all the drunk people on New Years was highly amusing. :B

And my Lovett and I are totally stoked that we get free passes for next year! THANK YOU COSPLAY CONTEST COORDINATORS, WE <3 YOU.

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #317 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:08 pm »
a day or so late but here you go everyone

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25233340@N04/sets/72157625760429106/

photos from the event! knock yourselves out.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2011, 04:36:54 pm »
MEW was pretty brotastic. I had a lot of fun, and observing all the drunk people on New Years was highly amusing. :B

And my Lovett and I are totally stoked that we get free passes for next year! THANK YOU COSPLAY CONTEST COORDINATORS, WE <3 YOU.

Your involvement in the anime dating game was great!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #319 on: January 06, 2011, 06:05:16 pm »
I would love to find a way to start a get mewcon out of the hole fund to help out admin so she can keep this rockin con going.

I know Kcon had to get some backing from Sakuracon during its early years. Perhaps they or other cons might help mewcon :) *hint hint to the powers that be*
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:15:43 pm by kylite »
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #320 on: January 06, 2011, 06:10:34 pm »

Oh hey thanks!!! :D It was a ton of fun, and I love doing it. And making faces with that make-up is just way too fun.

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #321 on: January 06, 2011, 06:27:21 pm »
@ Kylite, I totally agree. *cough Sponsorship offer cough* . Personally I offered to donate specific goods and services as Creation Station.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #322 on: January 06, 2011, 10:33:16 pm »

Oh hey thanks!!! :D It was a ton of fun, and I love doing it. And making faces with that make-up is just way too fun.

If I'd thought to bring a camera, I totally would've gotten some pics of you.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2011, 01:26:49 am »

Hello my date ;)
I was the Envy that won you XD
I still have that leaf!
You were awesome.

Everyone was!!!!

Had sooooo much fun.

Even won my very first contest for a cosplay >w<
I was the Cheshire Cat creeping around, losing my voice...

MEW got me sick......XP Ever since I started to lose my voice the second day, I've been getting worse...Was out almost all this week...But MEW was sooooooo worth everything!!!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #324 on: January 07, 2011, 03:56:04 pm »
I know Kcon had to get some backing from Sakuracon during its early years.

There were some equipment trades under generous terms, but to my knowledge, no direct financial support from Sakura-Con to Kumoricon.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:55 pm »
Hey, all! I have some photos, and though it's mostly just me and MAH BROS, you are welcome to take a look and see what you can find. c:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/sierra-jole/grr-tagged/190927550922609?ref=notif&notif_t=note_comment#!/album.php?aid=33542&id=100001196835348
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2011, 04:51:46 pm »
shipop we can't see it cuz we aren't your friends on fb :(

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #327 on: January 07, 2011, 06:36:45 pm »

Hello my date ;)
I was the Envy that won you XD
I still have that leaf!
You were awesome.

Everyone was!!!!

Had sooooo much fun.

Even won my very first contest for a cosplay >w<
I was the Cheshire Cat creeping around, losing my voice...

MEW got me sick......XP Ever since I started to lose my voice the second day, I've been getting worse...Was out almost all this week...But MEW was sooooooo worth everything!!!

Envy, you are awesome. I thought that I'd lost that round too!! You can live in my closet, or should I live in your closet? Lol! Naw, sorry my heart belongs to washougal.

I'm still getting my voice back from mew my self.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2011, 10:00:45 pm »
XD
My closet's pretty big...
lol
You were awesome though!
You were the only contestant that I didn't figure out who they were.

I truly hope that Mew continues!!!

I'm sure a bunch of us would even staff as hall patrol to keep this going!!!!!!! I know I would.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2011, 12:03:06 am »

There were some equipment trades under generous terms, but to my knowledge, no direct financial support from Sakura-Con to Kumoricon.

Yes, as far as I can see from any historical documents no cash/monetary assistance has been given by Sakura-Con to Kumoricon as far as I can tell. I maybe be wrong, but at the very least it was never documented.

We encourage our staffers to assist and get experience at other conventions throughout the year and help out in the community any way we can. Because trust me, working at cons doesn't just have to be a once a year gig! In the community I meet people all the time who work for upwards of 7 cons a year! And they love it!

MEW is still growing, and they need all sorts of support, like staffers who can keep watch on rooms and make sure people have badges, so people don't ghost. They need people interested in publicizing the event and the opportunity to donate to help keep them going. They need dedicated individuals who want to learn more about convention structure and who want to be taught how to run a grassroots full fandom convention for adults.

Trust me when I say I had an incredible amount of fun at MEW Con, as a fellow Convention Runner I feel the pain of almost helplessness that because of poor sports who wouldn't pay for the fun they had, the convention is in dire straights.

If they do come up with a way to donate to the cause, I know I'll be among those donate, and I encourage anyone who loved the convention or wants to experience it next year -as a convention lover, not as the director of publicity for Kumoricon mind you- to donate as well.

Either time, money, or resources... I guarantee you they can use any and all of them! Every convention can!
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2011, 12:09:01 am »
i'm trying to staff for sakuracon this year but they aren't responding -.- sigh... and i love reg staffing too :(

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2011, 11:38:50 pm »
XD
My closet's pretty big...
lol

Both of mine are, too; mwahahaha. HAHAH! ;D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2011, 10:55:50 am »

Yes, as far as I can see from any historical documents no cash/monetary assistance has been given by Sakura-Con to Kumoricon as far as I can tell. I maybe be wrong, but at the very least it was never documented.

We encourage our staffers to assist and get experience at other conventions throughout the year and help out in the community any way we can. Because trust me, working at cons doesn't just have to be a once a year gig! In the community I meet people all the time who work for upwards of 7 cons a year! And they love it!

MEW is still growing, and they need all sorts of support, like staffers who can keep watch on rooms and make sure people have badges, so people don't ghost. They need people interested in publicizing the event and the opportunity to donate to help keep them going. They need dedicated individuals who want to learn more about convention structure and who want to be taught how to run a grassroots full fandom convention for adults.

Trust me when I say I had an incredible amount of fun at MEW Con, as a fellow Convention Runner I feel the pain of almost helplessness that because of poor sports who wouldn't pay for the fun they had, the convention is in dire straights.

If they do come up with a way to donate to the cause, I know I'll be among those donate, and I encourage anyone who loved the convention or wants to experience it next year -as a convention lover, not as the director of publicity for Kumoricon mind you- to donate as well.

Either time, money, or resources... I guarantee you they can use any and all of them! Every convention can!
True, true! Excellent post, thank you! Have you thought of also posting on the MEW forums?