Author Topic: KumoriCon 05 Cosplay  (Read 5329 times)

cosplay_manda

KumoriCon 05 Cosplay
« on: July 21, 2005, 10:25:34 am »
Cosplay Contest Rules
You may surprise the audience, (your fellow contestants, and even yourself) but please don’t surprise the staff members!!
·All contestants must be registered, paid, attendees at KumoriCon
·All participants must sign the Release Form. Minors who wish to participate in the Cosplay must have their parent/guardian sign the Release Form as well.
·No messy substances – wet, dry, or oily – that might ruin the costume of another contestant will be permitted in the green room, on stage, or backstage.
·The Cosplay event and all of KumoriCon is NOT an adult-only con. No flagrant nudity, please. “No costume is no costume.” Plus intentional flashing is not allowed. For your costume to be entered into the contest it must meet the basic guidelines to enter the con premises. And your conduct on stage must reflect good judgment and conform to laws of common decency. If you're unclear on this rule, feel free to talk to the Cosplay Coordinator.
·There will be a maximum of 45 entries allowed. Each entry will be limited to 3 minutes on stage. Special exceptions can be granted by the Cosplay Director for groups of over 5 people. This exception will be granted on a “case by case” basis. If the maximum is not met, the time limitations will be more lenient.
·Text for the MC to read is acceptable. The live mikes may not be reliable. Previously recorded dialog on CD or cassette is accepted but not required. If you plan to use the mikes, please remember that you must project! Your Cosplay will be enjoyed, as long as everyone in the audience can hear you.
·Each contestant may appear only once on stage.  You may enter more than one costume so long as it appears on a different body. Mid-skit costume changes (ie. Sailor Moon transforming) are also okay, as long as no other rules are violated (ie. nudity ^_^).
·Purchased or rented costumes may not be entered in the Costume Judging, but you may still wear a purchased or rented costume for your skit as long as you give due credit to the seamster/tress who created it. If you made your costume, but purchased a certain piece (ie. A necklace, earrings, etc.) you can still be eligible to enter the Costume Judging but you must inform the Costume Judges which of the pieces that you bought and those will not be included in the judging.
·Entrants who wish to have their costumes judged will need to bring a reliable resource picture of the costume for the judges. It is best if these are copies of your source materials.  If you bring books or videotapes be aware that KumoriCon staff/judges can’t be held responsible if these are lost or stolen.
·WEAPONS.  Nothing may be brought on stage that might endanger the entrants, audience, judges or crew.  Display of weapons on stage requires the Cosplay Coordinator’s prior approval.  Entrants displaying weapons without this approval will be disqualified. If you have approval to display your weapon, but use the weapon in an unsafe way while on stage, (brandishing, pointing, swinging etc.) you will be disqualified and possibly asked to leave KumoriCon premises. Reference the convention policy on weapons if you have any questions.
·SPECIALS EFFECTS.  Nothing may be brought on stage that might endanger the entrants, audience, judges, or crew. No fireworks, open flame, or pyrotechnics of any kind will be allowed. Special effects must be clearly outlined in advance to the Cosplay staff in order to determine that they are (1) legal and (2) safe.  SAFETY IS OUR PARAMOUNT CONCERN.
·Please remind family members/friends that no flash photography is permitted while contestants are on stage. There will be sufficient time after the masquerade for photos.
·No jumping on or off the stage will be allowed.
·If something in your skit might be questionable, but it is not covered in the above rules please remember to run it by the Cosplay Coordinator so that it may be approved. Otherwise you run the risk of being disqualified. Only the Cosplay Coordinator may approve exceptions.

Cosplay Staff wants your skit to please both you and the audience. Also, these rules are subject to change at any moment. The Cosplay Coordinator will inform all of the changes as soon as possible.

Rally the Cheetah

Question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 08:42:56 pm »
Could someone tell me how to get a hold the Cosplay Coordinator? I'm looking to enter the contest but have a few questions I'd like to have answered before plotting a skit...

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
KumoriCon 05 Cosplay
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 01:17:06 am »
I have a few questions too..
 well one is:  Are we not aloud to have someone come on stage from the audience.not like, asking for a voulanteer, more like, someone is pre-set in an audience seat and is actually part of the skit plan.. is that okay?

also, i need to talk to the cordinator because Filk Aeris wanted me to perform during intermission on her behalf since she wont be at Kumoricon this year. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to perform her filk there for intermission.. ?

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
KumoriCon 05 Cosplay
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 07:20:26 am »
Her e-mail is yami_no_miko(at)yahoo.com
~Sean Larson~

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
KumoriCon 05 Cosplay
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 05:39:46 pm »
were not sure if were doing a skit or not yet, but my friend and i will be cosplaying as Chi and Dark Chi. we don't know how to make dresses, so we bought them, but we added things onto them and altered a few things. would this count as a purchased costume? (my guess is yes, but thats okay if it is. it'll still be fun walking around in a pretty pink dress weather i win anything or not.)

cosplay_manda

KumoriCon 05 Cosplay
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 04:06:27 pm »
to the chi cosplayers: since you bought the general outfit but only made certain pieces yourself, we would enter you in the performance category only, which means you would not be eligible for a costume award. I would like to thank you in being honest and admitting you didn't make it. That's a very courteous thing to do.
 to the filk question: please e-mail me about this subject, because the half-time entertainment had already been filled.
If anyone else has any questions, please e-mail me at cosplay_manda@yahoo.com (NOT yami_no_miko@yahoo.com) thanks!
-Manda