Author Topic: 2010 AMV Contest - Submission Deadlines NEXT WEEK ! ! !  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
2010 AMV Contest - Submission Deadlines NEXT WEEK ! ! !
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:37:47 pm »
Rules, etc: http://www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2010-amv.htm

So far the categories with the LEAST submissions are "Retro" and "Jidaigeki +"

Electronic submissions close next Wednesday (yup!)
and mail-ins close the following Friday.

The judges panel meets Saturday.
(Watch this AMV forum for a 'live blogging' thread...)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:38:15 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
Re: 2010 AMV Contest - Submission Deadlines NEXT WEEK ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 03:40:40 am »
...will we ever get to hear submission tallies for the different categories like last year? I kinda enjoyed guessing my odds of getting shown in a particular category :D

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 06:42:21 am »
...will we ever get to hear submission tallies for the different categories like last year?
I kinda enjoyed guessing my odds of getting shown in a particular category :D
Oh, yes!

I will be posting stats of entries per category and a survey of the anime shows used.

I also enjoy seeing all the countries where the entries come from.

Watch for a new thread beginning Friday, 23-Jul-10.

PS: Let's get some Jidaigeki entries! - I have only ONE so far -  it's any style, any music, only the show itself has to be SET in a time before 1926AD.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 03:46:28 pm »
I will be posting stats of entries per category

...Is this still on its way? Don't mean to be annoying about it, you just posted the other two and I am excited to see that one specifically :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:47:57 pm by murder_of_raven »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 04:40:52 pm »
Quote from: murder_of_raven
...Is this still on its way? Don't mean to be annoying about it, you just posted the other two and I am excited to see that one specifically :D

a) if you look at the 'Live Blogging' thread, you'll see that no one wrote back a single word over the whole weekend, so I got the impression that no one was interested in further details or stats;
b) At this time I am traveling in SC and GA for a few more days; the judges' results are all back at home,

I'll probably be able to get stuff up over next weekend, including a total durarion of the contest as compiled.
My next project(s) are creating the category intros. I've got 4 of them done.

- G

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 05:20:55 pm »
a) if you look at the 'Live Blogging' thread, you'll see that no one wrote back a single word over the whole weekend, so I got the impression that no one was interested in further details or stats;
I'll probably be able to get stuff up over next weekend, including a total durarion of the contest as compiled.

Oh dear! I certainly didn't want to give that impression! I literally kept a tab open all day and refreshed it every time I looked at my computer xD. I was actually very avidly following the whole thing, I just didn't want to interrupt with something stupid like "Wow, I'm so excited!"

And yay! I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget, take your time :)

Offline Samcyxk

• Cabbit
    • Org profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:43:59 pm »

Oh dear! I certainly didn't want to give that impression! I literally kept a tab open all day and refreshed it every time I looked at my computer xD. I was actually very avidly following the whole thing, I just didn't want to interrupt with something stupid like "Wow, I'm so excited!"

And yay! I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget, take your time :)

Same with me. I was, and still am, on pins and needles about the contest XD I was constantly checking the live update, and I check the whole board every day for any new developments. Like Murder said, there wasn't really much to post other than "Awesome!" or "That's cool, can't wait!" and I didn't want to interrupt.

Can't wait to hear about everything (I won't be at the actual con, so this is my only means of info) but don't rush, by any means!
Something tells me that wasn't a very good idea...

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 02:05:32 pm »
Unfortunately it's really hard to reply to the live blogging thread sometimes because all the information we get is on the vague side so we have to guess whats going on. I think the only reason I posted something last year for the live blogging was because you said there was 4 videos using the same trailer audio and I was pretty sure I was one of those 4 videos (and i totally was).

Other than a "Sweet," or just a general, "Good luck to everyone!" it's hard to reply to anything specific, especially sense the lot of us know that we won't even knop if we got into the contest until MAYBE the AMV dinner (Btw are we still doing that this year?)

Also.... Iron Chef thread?

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 04:59:25 pm »
until MAYBE the AMV dinner (Btw are we still doing that this year?)

Omg, that was the best thing ever, please say we are doing it again :)