Author Topic: Blue Moon Anime in Salem Oregon  (Read 16926 times)

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
Blue Moon Anime in Salem Oregon
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:45:49 am »
Blue Moon Anime is CLOSING!!

After a year and a half we regret to announce our closure on Dec. 30th, 2011.

TODAY IS OUR FINAL DAY ~ FRIDAY DEC 30th. 50% OFF ALL INVENTORY!

ADDITIONAL SAVINGS:
Used manga 4 for $6 (equaling $1.50 each)
Japanese Erasers 10 for $5 (equaling $0.50 each)

Additional discounts may apply for larger purchases ^_^ Come and get it before its gone.

Follow us on Facebook for the latest news and updates: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salem-OR/Blue-Moon-Anime/138168179533363

We are proud to introduce Blue Moon Anime

Blue Moon Anime was opened in July 2010 to serve the Salem Oregon area with anime toys, goods, and overall fun. Started on what could only be described as a shoe string budget, we hope to build into the new year and provide everything from apparel to wall scrolls. Feel free to stop by with questions, comments, or just to help us grow.

About Us:
We are located at 156 Lancaster Dr SE and share storefront space with Blue Dragon Computers.

We are small to start but hope to have a well stocked selection by the end of the year. Trade-ins are welcome for Anime and Manga. We currently do not accept Credit/Debit but will have the ability by the end of the year.

Visit us on the web: http://www.bluemoonanime.com
Or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salem-OR/Blue-Moon-Anime/138168179533363

Check back often for specials and events.

156 Lancaster Dr SE Salem OR 97317
(Alongside Blue Dragon Computers)
Or call: (503) 339-7196

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:35:21 am by BlueMoonAnime »

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
Re: Blue Moon Anime in Salem Oregon
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 05:04:40 pm »
Thanks to all who have stopped by.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:00:07 pm by BlueMoonAnime »

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:30 am »
Blue Moon Anime will be running around at the Convention during Saturday and Sunday, we will be wearing light blue shirts with our logo on the back. If you happen to find us and tell us the password "Shut-Up Nappa!" we will give you 1 of 3 different coupons we have. So, be sure to come find us! We look forward to seeing you there!  ;D

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
Japanese Manga - Blue Moon Anime in Salem Oregon
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:55:11 pm »
We now have Japanese Manga in stock! Currently 152 Non-English Manga and More then 250 English Manga.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:56:31 pm by BlueMoonAnime »

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 01:12:33 pm »
ONE WEEK SALE!

From Monday, Nov. 15th - Frinday, Nov. 19th all Used Anime DVDs will be 10% off AND all Used Manga will be buy 3, get the 4th free!!   8)

Look forward to other upcoming sales!!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 03:34:43 pm »
makes a trip to salem

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:16:26 pm »
Once a week we will be posting an updated list of our current Used Manga/Anime stock via facebook.  :D

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:15 pm »
Look forward to our December Sale's and Monthly Raffles!

December's Raffle is 2 USED Single Disk Anime DVDs! We will draw the ticket on Dec. 30th!

*Does not include Boxsets or Collections

Raffle Participation: For every $5 spent in store you will receive a raffle ticket which will be dropped into our monthly drawing!
*In-Store Credit use not valid for raffle entry

Be sure to add us to facebook to see the latest sale's and used inventory.

December Sales:

Monday Dec 13th thru Friday December 17th:
- Buy 4 and Get 2 Free on Used Manga
- 15% Used Anime DVDs, Boxsets, and Movies

Monday Dec 20th thru Wednesday December 22nd:
- 25% off Keychains
- $2 off each Wallscroll
- $2 off Towels or Tote Bags

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 03:09:41 pm »
Major Friday Dec 10th Sales

We will be kicking off our season sales with a bang!

20% off ALL USED DVDs or 50% off ALL USED DVDs when purchasing 3 or more, 20% ALL USED MANGA foreign and english or 50% off ALL USED MANGA when purchasing 4 or more!

Offline Randomman29

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 10:07:54 pm »
Will you also have the new pokemon cards from Black/White?
I'll play pokemon with anyone at anytime, my FC for HG, Slag: 2021 5546 4058, email me at: random_man2789@yahoo.com

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 03:00:05 pm »
We do not stock Pokemon Cards, however Wild Things in Salem has them.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 03:51:35 pm »
It's too bad that you guys are closed on Sundays.  It'd be cool to check you guys out before or after the upcoming general meeting.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Randomman29

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »
We do not stock Pokemon Cards, however Wild Things in Salem has them.

Thanks but I'm not looking for things I can get at Target.
I'll play pokemon with anyone at anytime, my FC for HG, Slag: 2021 5546 4058, email me at: random_man2789@yahoo.com

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 02:17:45 pm »
It's too bad that you guys are closed on Sundays.  It'd be cool to check you guys out before or after the upcoming general meeting.

If you call us ahead of time and make arrangements, we would be more then happy to open our doors on a Sunday.  ;D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 05:07:19 pm »
Really?  Well then, I think I'll set up a thread to get an interest to make this happen!

BTW, the meeting is on the 23rd.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 08:23:42 pm »
I went in here a few weeks ago and i have to admit it was an alright place (it was small, but nice and not too crowded). My only complaint was the fact that a lot of things in there needed to be updated (such as manga and anime selection, also the collectables and wall scroll selection) and i had a really hard time finding the place (i wasn't aware that this was two stores in one, so the sign out front was misleading).
I hope i'm not sounding like a troll or anything. I really do hope you guys can make this place bigger and more popular, and i hope to come again next time i'm in Salem ^^

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »
I went in here a few weeks ago and i have to admit it was an alright place (it was small, but nice and not too crowded). My only complaint was the fact that a lot of things in there needed to be updated (such as manga and anime selection, also the collectables and wall scroll selection) and i had a really hard time finding the place (i wasn't aware that this was two stores in one, so the sign out front was misleading).
I hope i'm not sounding like a troll or anything. I really do hope you guys can make this place bigger and more popular, and i hope to come again next time i'm in Salem ^^

Unfortunately it is small and we do share storefront as this has been entirly from pocket to start up. We are working to promote and establish Blue Moon Anime but we are only able to grow as sales and economy allows (and dont forget taxes -_-), almost all of our manga and anime currently is based on trade-ins but we are working to stock some basic box sets and more as we get greater call for them. One of the bigger problems we face is that anime and manga are highly pirated and easily accessable online and thus harder to sell, as such we are working to stock more of the plush and other type materials as they are more sellable. Another issue we face is that we have to wait until items are licensed in america to sell them which means what we do have access to is only the more popular animes and only what they are selling thru distributors (being a business we have to be careful or we get in trouble). We are working to grow our selection and have been looking for legit dealers from japan that we may be able to import from (Anime pulls numerous counterfeiters from china that sell all kinds of unlicensed materials thru ebay and large numbers of websites, again we can get in trouble if we arent careful). Overall the best thing is to stop by our facebook page and hit up the discussions section regarding suggestions for items we should stock or thoughts to help promote business etc. Thanks for stopping in and we hope your next experience is better ^_^

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 09:43:59 pm »
Really?  Well then, I think I'll set up a thread to get an interest to make this happen!

BTW, the meeting is on the 23rd.

We received a call inquiring about using space in the back but havent set up a time to meet with someone to see if it will work for you. Let us know.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 10:07:05 pm »
Well, the best that I can do is try and get a hold of the Facilities Liaison; he's the one who you would want to talk to.

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 02:58:37 pm »
We will be doing one more order this year! As such we would like to hear from you, our customers, on what you would like to see more of in our shop.

What would like like us to stock more of? (Plushies, bags, buttons, etc)

What series would you like to see more of in our store? (Naruto, Bleach, Hetalia, etc.)

We will be placing this next order next week. So please, leave us feed back here or on our facebook page (link provided on bottom of page) on what you would like to see more of in our shop.

Please keep in mind our “used” selection is by what we get from you, our valued customers, as trade-ins.

We hope all of you have a wonderful Holiday!  ;D

We will be CLOSED the following dates:
Friday, December 24th and Saturday, December 25th. We will resume normal business hours on Monday, December 27th.
We will also be closed on Friday, December 31st and Saturday, January 1st. We will be resuming normal business hours on Monday, January 3rd.

Located at:
Blue Moon Anime
156 Lancaster Dr SE Salem OR 97317
(Same parking lot as Sonics fast food ~ sharing store front with Blue Dragon Computers)
503-339-7196

http://www.bluemoonanime.com
(Visit us on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Moon-Anime/138168179533363  )
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Saturday 10am-2pm
CLOSED SUNDAYS

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 11:09:50 am »
We, Blue Moon Anime, are excited for the New Year!

Instead of your typical monthly drawing this month we will be adding all of the tickets from July, 2010 thru January 31st, 2011 into the drawing for our 6 Month Anniversary.

Our main prize will be a Knitted Cat Hat made by Kitty Katie Designs! (Photos provided below)

We will hold an additional drawing for every 20 tickets added from purchases during January 2011.

For every 20 tickets added in January, we will draw an additional prize as follows:
20 tickets: 1 Free Japanese Candy Of Your Choice
40 tickets: 1 Free Keychain or Phone Charm Of Your Choice
60 tickets: 1 Free Patch Of Your Choice
80 tickets: 1 Free Pin Set Of Your Choice
100 tickets: 3 Free Used Mangas or 2 Used DVDs Of Your Choice
120 tickets: 1 Free Mug Of Your Choice
140 tickets: 1 Free Plushie Of Your Choice
160 tickets: 1 Free Wall Scroll Of Your Choice
180 tickets: 1 Free Towel Of Your Choice
200 tickets: 1 Free Tote Bag Of Your Choice

The drawing will be held on February 1st, 2011 and winners will be called that day. Winners will have one week to pick up their item. All items not picked up by 6 PM on February 7th,2011 will default back to Blue Moon Anime unless other arrangements have been made prior to February 7th,2011.

Thank you for helping us get to our 6 Month Anniversary! We wish all of you a wonderful 2011!

One raffle ticket is given for every $5.00 in purchases in store [use of trade-in value or store credit is not eligible for raffle tickets]. One Prize Per Person. Prizes are as listed, no exchanges, returns or trades for other items.

We are starting a few other things as well!

On Thursday, January 20 from 5:00pm - 7:30pm we will be starting an Anime Night! There is a $5 entry which will cover pizza and drinks. For this Anime Night we are only allowing 15 people to come and you must sign-up prior to Jan 20th. First come first serve for this. We will be arranging future anime nights based on turn out of this event. The event will run from 5PM to 7:30PM on thursday Jan 20th 2011. Call or contact us for more information on how to sign up. ^_^

We are starting a Blue Moon Anime Newsletter! If you would like to be apart of it please stop by the shop and sign up. If you are unable to make it by the shop and would like to sign up for it please comment on here, or on our facebook page; [Please do NOT post your email or contact information here] and I will contact you personally. Thanks!

Thank you all for helping us grow!

Pictures of the Knitted Cat Hat from Kitty Katie Designs:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=191501950866652&set=a.138173192866195.27545.138168179533363
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=191501954199985&set=a.138173192866195.27545.138168179533363
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:01:58 pm by BlueMoonAnime »

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:25:03 am »
I have a question. Do you buy used anime DVDs? If so, how much would you buy them for? (i have a few fairly new Death Note DVDs i'm trying to sell)

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:57:50 am »
We do purchase for cash, but only in large bulk (i.e. 50+ items). For smaller purchases we do in-store credit only. Credit and cash depends on the condition of the dvds, cases, etc.

Offline Flower In Furs

• Oni
    • Flower's Fry Traps
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 10:52:23 pm »
Came into the shop today, thought they were off to a great start and very friendly :)! Thanks a ton, can't wait until the sailor moon mugs come in :)

-flower
>^___^<

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 09:09:23 pm »
Hello. I have another question ^^ How much store credit do you take for anime DVDs? Thay're fairly new and are in great condition.
Note: The DVDs i'm trying to get rid of are the Death note DVDs i was talking about earlier. It's both seasons, plus the movies, plus the bonus DVDs (called Death note: R). Do you think it would be possible for me to sell all of these for actual money insted of store credit considering it's the entire anime and live action movie series?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:48:20 am by Saki-the-cat »

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »
We have reached our goal of 500 Facebook Likes!!

We will be holding a week long sale starting Monday, July 11th, 2011 thru Saturday, July 16th, 2011. For the whole week customers will receive 10% Off* their purchase! We will also have a daily special item with up to 40% off* which will be posted the night before via facebook!

Blue Moon Anime will also be attending the Kumoricon Meeting in Salem. Our hours will be extended** on Saturday, July 16th, 2011 in honor of Kumoricon in Salem, we will be open from 10 AM – 6 PM.

We now have a newsletter that goes out every month. If you would like to sign up please email us from the email address you wish to use, with the subject title "Newsletter Sign-up". You can email us at: webcontact@bluemoonanime.com
Please do NOT post person information such as; your email address on the forums or on our facebook page.

We are pleased to announce that as of June 7th, 2011 we are able to accept debit/credit cards!  ;D

*Some rules and restrictions may apply. Please contact store for more details.
We will be posting the daily specials on our Facebook page – You do not have to have a facebook to view our page, however if you wish to comment on a posting you need a facebook account.
**Please Note: This is for Saturday, July 16th ONLY! Please visit website or facebook information page for our normal business hours.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:30:38 pm by BlueMoonAnime »

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 05:20:10 pm »
I think I got my Good Smile Roda Rolla Rin from you guys at Kumo!
I hope next time I'm in salem I can go check you guys out!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 05:17:52 pm »
Blue Moon Anime (Updated Information 10/20/11)

New Hours:
We are now open M-F 10am - 6:30pm
Closed Saturdays/Sundays

NOW ACCEPTING DEBIT / CREDIT CARDS! :)

For information on current sales, events, etc please visit us on our facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Moon-Anime/138168179533363

Directions Available from our website:
http://bluemoonanime.com/

If you have any questions feel free to call us 503-339-7196

Thank you!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 10:29:15 am »
do you guys do trade in like with figures and dvds?

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 11:04:27 am »
I believe they covered that in a previous post in this thread titus. I believe the answer was yes.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 05:43:37 pm »
We only do trades for manga/dvds and we only consider cash for lots of 50+ for manga/dvds.

DVDs – yes
Figurines – we do not

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 07:46:58 pm »
yeah o.o i had to know for sure i have figures that i m trying to shoo away i guess ebay is my best beat or on here to sell them off... :p dvd part is good becuse i have dvd i have that i've never watched so i shoudl come in sometime

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 04:40:17 pm »
Blue Moon Anime Closing

We are regretfully announcing our upcoming closure. Dec. 30th, 2011 will be our last day of business. We had a good year and a half run but due to the economy and personal reasons we are unable to stay open at this time. We may re-open at a new location sometime next year so please watch our facebook page for more info in the future. Thank you to all customers who have helped us along the way, we love you all and hope to see you again one day.

Thank you again for everything.
-Sarah & Jared

For all of you with current and/or future Special Orders; please be assured we will still be doing special orders until Friday Dec 16th. We will place one final order for store inventory on Dec. 1st. We will begin discounts on stock items starting Dec. 1st 2011 and continue to discount further each week until Close on Dec 30th 2011.

We will still have an Anime Night in December.

For all you Sailor Moon fans we will continue to stock whatever comes in until we close.

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 09:34:45 am »
For All Of You Sailor Moon Fans:

We have a whole bunch of Sailor Moon items IN STOCK!

We have bags, wall scrolls, keychains, manga, and so much more! Hope to see you there!

All Foreign Language (Mostly Japanese) Manga $1.00 Each. (140+ manga books in stock)

More then 250 different Japanese Erasers to choose from, Get 1 Free Japanese Eraser with every $25 spent in store thru Friday Dec 16th.

Final Inventory orders have been received, all remaining inventory is first come first served!

10% Off Store Wide Closing Sale this week (Excludes Sailor Moon Items, Special Orders, and Any New Inventory received in December )!
20% Off Store Wide Starting Monday, Dec. 19th, 2011.

We have New and Used Manga, New and Used DVDs/Movies, Lots of Bags, Keychains, Phone Charms, Wall Scrolls, Japanese Erasers, T-Shirts, Patches, Towels, Plushies and Much More!
Sailor Moon, Naruto, Black Butler, Blue Exorcist, High School of the Dead, Fairy Tail, Vocaloid, Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, Inuyasha, Totoro, and Much More.
Stop by and see what we have!
For up-to-date information on our sales please see our facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Moon-Anime/138168179533363

Please remember our last day is Dec. 30th, 2011!

Offline BlueMoonAnime

• Cabbit
    • Blue Moon Anime
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 09:37:46 am »
We would like to thank all of the customers who have helped us get this far in the last year and a half. Happy New Years to all ^_^

Today is our LAST DAY ~ FINAL DAY FRIDAY DEC 30th. 50% OFF ALL INVENTORY!

ADDITIONAL SAVINGS:
Used manga 4 for $6 (equaling $1.50 each)
Japanese Erasers 10 for $5 (equaling $0.50 each)

Additional discounts may apply for larger purchases ^_^ Come and get it before its gone.