Author Topic: Sakura festival/Asian print sale; attn: girl with Naruto sweatshirts  (Read 2106 times)

Offline asaxchan

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
Just a heads up: For those of you who are sewing-oriented, in conjunction with Uwajimaya's sakura festival this Saturday, the Mill End Store (the fabric store next to Michael's) is having a 25% off sale on all of their Asian prints. Also, I'm working there from 10 to 5:30, and would really like to see what y'all are doing costume-wise either for the festival or for Kumoricon or... in general! Summer cosplay, **** yeah. Also, idk, this seems super pretentious but if anybody wants a second opinion/look at your cosplay plans, or ideas about how to get your stuff cheaper, I'm down for chatting about that.

:>

Also, this is possibly a stretch, but a girl came into the Mill End Store a few days ago to buy supplies to make Naruto & Sasuke sweatshirts, one of which she was wearing, and I had a idea about the kana on the front that I think might make your life easier? I don't know if she's even on the forums, or if she even goes to Kumoricon, but hey! Worth a shot.
Summer '10:
- Ezio Auditore da Firenze (AC II)
- Aeris (Crisis Core outfit)
- A boss steampunk outfit

Find me on:
- LiveJournal (cartographique)
- DeviantART (pocketlink)
- Cosplay.com (metaphorixx)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sakura festival/Asian print sale; attn: girl with Naruto sweatshirts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »
hi I am working on a yukata for the event on saturday. just to clear any confusion, its a japanese summer festival,( sakura festival was a couple months ago)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline asaxchan

• Sailor Scout
    • LiveJournal
Re: Sakura festival/Asian print sale; attn: girl with Naruto sweatshirts
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:38:23 pm »
Oh. Well, whatevs! XD The content of the message is the same.
Summer '10:
- Ezio Auditore da Firenze (AC II)
- Aeris (Crisis Core outfit)
- A boss steampunk outfit

Find me on:
- LiveJournal (cartographique)
- DeviantART (pocketlink)
- Cosplay.com (metaphorixx)