Author Topic: Couch/floor for surfing available  (Read 1350 times)

Offline alexalgebra

• Oni
Couch/floor for surfing available
« on: June 25, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »
Howdy,

This likely sounds creepy, because I lurk around here, but just made my first post today, but I actually signed on mostly to post in here.  I'm on couchsurfing.net, etc. and host a lot of people at my place coming to Portland for whatever reason, so I thought I'd offer up my couch to K-conners (or whatever you call yourselves, heh). 

I live near SE 34th and Hawthorne, so I'm close to food/grocery/stores/record shops/library/etc., and just a 15 min bus ride/10 min drive/hour walk/12 min bike ride to downtown.  I have a very comfortable couch and less comfortable floor and could potentially house up to...5-6 people?  I think I've gotten 6 once when I had a band stay over. 

I'm 28, have 1 quiet roommate, and we keep a fairly quiet house that is free from drugs, alcohol (like 99% of the time - I don't drink at all and my roomie does once in a blue moon), and meat (we are both strict vegetarians).  I'm planning on attending the con for my first time this year (:D) and I'll likely be going by bike, but if you needed a ride, maybe you could cover parking in return for my couch/floor/seat in my vehicle and we could drive.

A little more on me - I'm queer/genderqueer, so is my roomie, so we're definitely family-friendly.  I play in a pop-punk band, work in the travel industry (no, no deals, no, it's not as awesome as it sounds, sorry to say...), run a non-profit when I have the time, and enjoy reading, writing, music, art, making stuff, my typewriter, museums, wandering, adventures, traveling (have been to Japan!), languages, and hiking.  I am fascinated by food with faces, snacks, old encyclopedias, documentaries about strange things/people, unusual history, roadside attractions, medical curiosities, wonder cabinets, and Anthony Green.

I'd prefer folks over 18 for legal reasons (no angry parents/liability/etc. please!), but if your parents are chill and I can talk to them in advance, then that might be ok?  I'll have to think about it.

Other than that, I can be reached at alex@equalizeit.com if you have any questions.