Author Topic: ~nintendo 3DS~  (Read 27849 times)

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
~nintendo 3DS~
« on: June 20, 2010, 07:50:24 pm »
so, in 2011 theres a new ds coming out with 3D abilities.
 ~ link to photo ~
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-hunters/2010/06/15/3dsx-wide-community.jpg

so far it looks like theres 3 colors, black, red and blue.

my favorite highlight is the new OOT made for this specific system, best 64 game ever.
 So what do you guys think about this?
  (the circle above the D-Pad is an analog stick)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
Re: ~nintendo 3DS~
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »
i actually think this is a better idea than the DSi. i'm sorry but downloadable games are a HORRIBLE idea in my hands cuz i easily lose stuff and so if i lose the system i lose EVERYTHING >.<

and the ANALOG STICK OMAGA!!!! LOVE IT! +w+

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 09:27:51 pm »
^You don't lose everything if you lose your DSi. You can get another DSi and still get everything back. You just redownload it again.

On my opinion, I don't like Nintendo making new versions of DS's. Cant they make one whole one that does everything. IF there going to make another one it better be called " DS ULTIMATE."

The DS ULTIMATE would be in 3D, can download crap, play music, and take pictures just like the rest of the DS's. Also be a be a bit bigger  for adding in the XL DS part in it.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 11:59:00 pm »
LOL the 3DS i've been wanting for a while now. and i just love the 3D thing anyways. and yes i KNOW you can redownload everything but i would lose my data ._.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:24 am »
^^ yay thats nice.

^ I understand. But then I always have Back up Data on my PC for my stuff like that.

I just think Nintendo has been kind of lazy. The DS is a fun machine and all but I think that Mario could have a more pimped out ride, ya know what Im sayin'.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 05:33:59 pm »
It should be noted that the 3DS is a more powerful system.
See the comparison done here
http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099732p1.html

PS: http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098342p1.html < Kingdom Hearts 3D

@dana
it uses a LCD display....so it should be fine in the dark
It uses a stereoscopic effect to get the 3D.  If you look it at a very odd angle, you get double vision instead of 3D.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscopic
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:08:18 pm »
that is AMAZING! +W+ can't wait till another one comes out after this XDDDD then the price will go down on this slightly and then that's when i buy it off of someone who bought it new and doesn't want it anymore and wants to get rid of it asap and for cheap X3 heh

OMAGAOMAGA!!!!!! KINGDOM HEARTS 3D!!!!!!!!!! ~(@w@)~

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:52 pm »
Awesome. Mario has a better ride. Yay. I wonder if there will be features from the DSi also.

( ign.com is the best. They get like all the info first!)

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 07:55:26 pm »
that is AMAZING! +W+ can't wait till another one comes out after this XDDDD then the price will go down on this slightly and then that's when i buy it off of someone who bought it new and doesn't want it anymore and wants to get rid of it asap and for cheap X3 heh

OMAGAOMAGA!!!!!! KINGDOM HEARTS 3D!!!!!!!!!! ~(@w@)~

YESYESYESYEYS KH 3D!!!!! XDXDXDXD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 09:47:51 pm »
I...I think I'll just stick with my DSi for now. As long as it plays the games I like, that's fine.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:56 pm »
Gameboy COLOR rules and just has way better games than the DS in my opinion.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 12:34:11 am »
LOLOL yea back then gameboy's had the AWESOME games ever. ds kinda sucks at AMERICAN-english games. japanese games for ds is just pwn! :P

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 12:19:40 pm »
Thank god i haven't gotten the DSI yet :'D I'm so buying this!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 01:17:38 pm »
^^ I would get a DS if they had more Japanese games here. I would totally get SHONEN JUMP ULTIMATE STARS 2 for it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:20:16 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:48:06 pm »
IT'S CALLED GAME TRADERS! go there! they have TONS of japanese imported games there ^_^

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 08:51:49 pm »
Greaaaaatttt now I have to sell my DS AGAIN to get the stupid new one  :P

Save Caprica!!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 09:59:41 pm »
That's why I always wait. =w=

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 06:24:18 pm »
lolol of course ._x

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 11:55:35 am »
Seems like the 3DS has better graphics power then the wii. Miyamoto says it has better shaders. I hope they put Ocarina of Time on this. More info at IGN.com

http://wii.ign.com/articles/110/1104367p1.html

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 05:19:05 am »
Seems like the 3DS has better graphics power then the wii. Miyamoto says it has better shaders. I hope they put Ocarina of Time on this.

They will (yay). An OoT remake has been announced. With redesigned graphics, 3D, everything. Yes, I know. I shed a tear too. Also, the Kid Icarus franchise is getting a new installment on the 3DS.

A DS Lite is the first handheld I've ever owned, and it has proven itself ten times over. I have so many worthwhile games for it.  And now that Dragon Quest is moving to the DS, I have yet another reason to stick with Nintendo handhelds. If the 3DS is half as good as the DS, for me it will be worth getting at some point.  And since it looks even better than the DS, what with the PS2-level graphics and the analog slider, I will probably try to get it sooner rather than later.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 06:38:04 pm »
I feel like getting this also. I think NINTENDO has finally listened. Bringing back the awesome classics we love and making them better. I hope the new DK country comes out for the 3DS.

I also hope that you will be able to use a wii account thingy to buy games.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 01:47:11 pm »
I'm not sure about the 3DS... I want to see it for myself before I form an opinion about it. It could either be really awesome or really, really hokey. At this point it's hard to tell which. It could be an awesome new feature or just end up being a lame little gimmick.
I can see myself buying one in the future but like I said I want to see it first with my own eyes. Nintendo is promising a lot with this handheld so they've got a lot to live up to... I wonder if they'll really be able to pull it off successfully?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:47:44 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:03 pm »
the only reason why i'm getting it is cuz of the joystick :3

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »
I'm not sure about the 3DS... I want to see it for myself before I form an opinion about it. It could either be really awesome or really, really hokey. At this point it's hard to tell which. It could be an awesome new feature or just end up being a lame little gimmick.
I can see myself buying one in the future but like I said I want to see it first with my own eyes. Nintendo is promising a lot with this handheld so they've got a lot to live up to... I wonder if they'll really be able to pull it off successfully?

I'll save you some worry and say this: yes, 3D is a gimmick.  It always has been, and probably always will be.  But it probably won't damage the quality of the game(s), because it doesn't affect the gameplay at all.  Furthermore, there's a little slider that allows you to lessen the 3D effect or turn it off entirely. You shouldn't worry about whether the system will be a gimmick. It's just a feature. And from the looks of it, it should be pretty easy to implement, especially for 3D games.

the only reason why i'm getting it is cuz of the joystick :3

It is certainly a welcome addition. The idea they had with the original DS, "the touch screen is for analog functions," didn't work very well. Mario 64 DS had awful controls, aughh.

Apollo Justice

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 02:09:13 am »
yea ditto on that one ._.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 08:32:17 pm »
SNAKE EATER....

3D.

My next handheld in like 3 years unless Sony delivers a PSP2 or a PS4 depending on the quality of the system. Or screw handhelds and get the 2010 ninja PC tablets.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 08:32:56 pm »
Okay. So I will be getting one after all, since my DSi's shoulder buttons broke. It looks like it will be coming out before April.

Save Caprica!!

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »

Worst. Idea. Ever.

I refuse to part with either of my DS Lites. Nintendo ****ed up hardcore when they removed the GBA slot.
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 12:03:11 am »
yes they did =w=b

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 09:16:36 pm »

Worst. Idea. Ever.

I refuse to part with either of my DS Lites. Nintendo ****ed up hardcore when they removed the GBA slot.
lol, they ****ed up when you couldn't even fit GBcolor games man. I still want to play my DK.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 09:57:10 pm »
No one said Nintendo screwed up when the N64 didn't take Super Nintendo cartridges. :P

Apollo Justice

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 10:09:09 pm »
^ he went there o.O

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 10:12:00 pm »
^ he went there o.O

Yeah, sorry, I did. Because SNES was my favorite Nintendo system for a long time.

For that matter, it would've been nice if they'd ever made a handheld SNES. But they didn't do that either.

Apollo Justice

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 11:29:07 am »
Thats because the Nintendo 64 was trully awesome. Not like DS.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 07:46:19 am »
Thats because the Nintendo 64 was trully awesome. Not like DS.

Really? Hunh. It didn't do very well compared to most other Nintendo consoles.  Personally, I only bought one to play Zelda, after the console dropped down to $30 used.

And I'm pretty amazed to hear someone say the DS isn't awesome. Backwards compatibility or not, I will be getting a 3DS, because the first DS has served me so well.

Apollo Justice

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 10:34:33 am »
Only the Nintendo Brand games work for me on those. Nintendo DS isn't bad. It's just that to me, it's not my favorite.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 05:09:38 pm »
Only the Nintendo Brand games work for me on those. Nintendo DS isn't bad. It's just that to me, it's not my favorite.

Really?... I have plenty of 3rd party games. Phoenix Wright, for instance, might never have come to America if it hadn't been for the DS. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Nintendo's 1st party titles are always great, but the DS has more worthwhile 3rd party titles than some of Nintendo's other systems.

It's okay if it isn't your favorite console. But I definitely count it as a success.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:20:01 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 08:30:52 pm »
Oh yeah, definetly a success, and I know lots of third party games are good also, but enough talk. THIS IS ABOUT THE 3DS YA'LL.

That thing looks awesome! Graphics are amazing! Gaming looks amazing on it with that new analog. AND BOY.....It's freaking 3D without the glasses. That's just totally wicked.

and a whole bunch of cool totally wicked games are on it...

My question is....WILL THEY MAKE A POKEMON 3D with redefined graphics!?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 07:19:12 am »
Narunik:

It is about the 3DS. But we haven't played the 3DS yet, so one way people judge is whether the DS satisfied them, since it is the most similar system. If I get a 3DS, it'll be because of the DS, because a good track record is more important than hype.

I'm sure they'll make a 3D-vision Pokemon game. Unless you're asking whether it will also have 3D rendered graphics as well.  There have been Pokemon games with 3D graphics before, but only on home consoles, and I don't know how well they did.

Edit: OMG bad grammarrr.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 02:38:57 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 03:25:20 pm »
Everything Nintendo is usually at a fairly good level of awesomeness. But yeah, I was talking about 3D rendered graphics like that dark Lugia thing on GC but stay true to the adventure of the normal Pokemon games also.

They should totally remake HEY YOU PIKACHU for this.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 12:39:09 pm »
They keep coming out with DS's V_V, the original DS was awesome, I didn't like lite, or DSI, or XL. The 3D actually looks pretty cool to me, I was impressed....mainly because Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time will be a game for it ^^. I WILL buy a Nintendo 3DS just for that game.
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline stardustninja

• Cabbit
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:34 pm »
IF SOMEBODY BRINGS A 3DS I'M SO BRINGING MY VIRTUAL BOY.
Cosplays 2011
Black-Pokemon black and white(the male trainer)
Poland- Hetalia

I'll do couple pictures for cash, its like prostituting myself but not.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2010, 02:43:15 am »
They keep coming out with DS's V_V, the original DS was awesome, I didn't like lite, or DSI, or XL.

I can see why you'd dislike DSi, and XL definitely isn't for everybody, but having owned the original DS and upgraded to a DS Lite, I'm not sure why you'd dislike Lite. People with big hands might prefer larger controllers, but I have big hands, and the DS Lite isn't small enough to bother me.  Besides, DS Lite has a backlit screen, and (for what it's worth) a bigger stylus.  The only problem I can think of is that the cartridge sticks out a little bit when you're playing a GBA game.

Oh, and the Start/Select buttons are placed differently...but these days, those two buttons are always weird on handhelds. I had to adjust to the original DS's Start/Select button placement, too.

They keep coming out with DS's V_V, the original DS was awesome, I didn't like lite, or DSI, or XL. The 3D actually looks pretty cool to me, I was impressed....mainly because Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time will be a game for it ^^. I WILL buy a Nintendo 3DS just for that game.

But don't you think it's a perfectly fine time to come out with a new generation of Nintendo handheld?  After all, it really does have a LOT more graphical power.  And personally, I don't think any of the Gameboy or DS releases were superfluous, except for maybe Gameboy Color. But I didn't own a GBC, so I can't judge.

And yes. I too would buy a 3DS for an OoT remake. <3  But I will definitely keep using it for other games after that.

IF SOMEBODY BRINGS A 3DS I'M SO BRINGING MY VIRTUAL BOY.

Haha. You rock on. ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 02:52:06 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 05:18:02 pm »
I just never really liked the DS lite, it just seemed like cheaper martial then the original. The Original Gameboy and the Gameboy color were my favorite Nintendo hand held...well, the SP was pretty cool too. Yes! <3!, I'm excited to play it. Do you know how much the 3DS are?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:18:52 pm by Midnight Divine »
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 07:53:41 pm »
I heard it's going to be around $300.......Yes, 300. In Australia they got it for like $340.

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 09:16:08 pm »
I heard it's going to be around $300.......Yes, 300. In Australia they got it for like $340.

What?!?!?! 300!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 10:22:22 pm »
Possibly 270 bucks now. 270 seems more reasonable. It better have a good OS.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 10:26:15 pm »
omaga nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 05:18:48 am »
I just never really liked the DS lite, it just seemed like cheaper martial then the original.

Cheaper?... I don't follow. I owned both. They're both Nintendo systems, so they're pretty indestructable. Well, of course you have to be careful with the screen regardless.  But the internal hardware is very tough.

What?!?!?! 300!

I saw what you did there. You and your Vegeta impression.

$270 is pushing my price limits a bit. But then, I've never actually paid the full launch price for my own console. It's an expensive way to game. Maybe I'll be waiting a year or so after all........ Well, I guess we'll see whether OoT 3D is a launch title, eh? :/

Apollo Justice

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 01:31:04 pm »
Haha, my Vegeta impression. Yeah $270 is quite a bit, what if the 3D comes out then like three months later they release another DS?, they do that a lot, release DS's out so soon. That probably won't happen sense this one is so much. I'm sure OOT will be the best game for the system!.....I hope.