Author Topic: Sakura Wars DVD Collection Question  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
Sakura Wars DVD Collection Question
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:04 am »
Greetings,

I'm looking into buying the complete collection of the "Sakura Wars" anime series on DVD. I found two on Amazon but they're both in different packaging, feature different statistics, and have slightly different reviews, but have the exact same title (so I don't believe either of these are the OVA, which I saw has a different packaging as well) so I'm unsure if they're two different series or if they're the same thing and that one is just a more recent release with a new package of the exact same series.

The two I found are...
http://www.amazon.com/Sakura-Wars-TV-Complete-Collection/dp/B002CWKTRS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276192455&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Sakura-Wars-TV-Complete-Collection/dp/B000BKSJI4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276192455&sr=8-6

Unless it's an error-- which it might very well be-- the 2003 release says it has a running time of 125 minutes on one disc while the 2009 release says it has a running time of 625 minutes on four discs, which really got me wondering. Does anyone know if these are the exact same thing, just different packing, or if they're a different series/story?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:11:31 am by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline gw82

• Cabbit
Re: Sakura Wars DVD Collection Question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 04:38:13 pm »
ok this is an easy one

the first image is a sentai filmworks image you can tell by the logo in the corner the secound is the secound image is an ADV image i know because i have it

the long and short of it is ADV is shut down because they went bankrupt due to the fact that they based there income on one the next big ONE SERIES.  now ADV is not gone per say it was basicaly split into two parts SENTAI FILMWORKS and SECTION23 FILMS

now some series are geting relised in seasons 1 and seasons 2  so  what you used to get used to be the whole series now its cut in half      My recomendation is to get the 2nd link or image that for sure it the whole tv sreies   there was a movie though put out by Pionear that was bought out by Geneon and its a limited edition with penical board like postcards  and that is far as i know is all of it no ova
Heero Yuy
                The One and Only

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:28:46 am »
Ah, thank you for the information. :)

I actually went ahead and bought the one seen in the first link a few weeks ago. It is the entire series, but not the OVA or movies.

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline gw82

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »
from what i know the is no ova
Heero Yuy
                The One and Only