Author Topic: 2010 June 19 General Meeting  (Read 12938 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
2010 June 19 General Meeting
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:29:20 am »
Our next General Meeting will be held Saturday, June 19, at 1:00 PM at the Eugene Water & Electric Board (EWEB). 

Eugene Water & Electric Board (EWEB)
500 E 4th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
[Google Maps]
The nearest transit is Lane Transit District (besides Amtrak), and their website refers us to Google Maps for trip planning.

General meetings are open to the public. Meet and plan with other staff, join staff or become a volunteer, and learn about open staff positions.  Bring interested friends!

The "soft" deadline to register as staff is the July meeting, so don't delay!
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2010 June 19 General Meeting
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 12:33:55 pm »
I'm excited to be at this meeting.
The irony is it's actually during a conference, part of which I must attend, that is in Portland. I.e., I likely will be commuting from Portland, to attend a meeting in my home town *shrugs* :)
June is always a fun meeting because we'll have zeal for our proposed panels :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:38:46 pm »
Haha! That's funny, Ellen.

Is it possible I could hitch a ride with you from Portland?

If it is, would some other kind soul be willing to give me a ride back to Portland? Provided they are already headed that way.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:46:01 pm »
Sadly as of yesterday I have work that saturday, so I will be unable to make it.  Atleast its over time yay money!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 05:34:12 pm »
Im quite glad its a soft cap since the yojimbo number under a dozen and most dont register until the month before con.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:16:08 pm »
Im quite glad its a soft cap since the yojimbo number under a dozen and most dont register until the month before con.

When do they imagine they are going to get trained if they aren't even signed up?

Please encourage folks to register as soon as possible.  The training is planned to be delivered in sections, not all at once, so they can't just sign up at the last minute and expect to get everything.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 06:30:17 pm »
*laughs* something iv tried to explain to them for years. *shrugs* can thelp you there. I try to get the word out as much as possible.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 02:02:19 pm »
Haha! That's funny, Ellen.

Is it possible I could hitch a ride with you from Portland?

If it is, would some other kind soul be willing to give me a ride back to Portland? Provided they are already headed that way.
I will not know until Friday afternoon whether I am attending / working at the conference in Portland on Friday. If I do, I will not know until late Friday night whether I am staying overnight and working the conference Saturday morning before the meeting or not. Therefore I would venture to guess that my schedule is too unpredictable for me to be able to be someone's ride. I definitely am not returning to Portland Saturday night no matter what. Sorry about that.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:38:20 am »
I can't go anyway, so nevermind :(   Thank you though.

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 09:45:21 pm »
Just to clarify --

There is NO CAP on staff, but there is a DEADLINE.  Because we have to order things like staff shirts and staff lanyards, and do things like staff TRAINING, we need everyone who intends to be staff to register as early as possible.

Please sign up by the meeting in July (which will include a barbecue).

If you can't do that, sign up at the FIRST meeting in August.  This is the "hard" deadline.

If you can't do that, you are still welcome to volunteer, and your contribution will be acknowledged, but certain staff benefits (such as T-shirt, staff badge, and staff lanyard), will not be available.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 10:30:33 pm »
This may be a little late, but since nobody has been responding to my thread in the General Staff area, is it possible that I can get a ride from someone?  I can meet you somewhere in Portland if it'll help...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 11:25:02 pm »
my job put out new schedule this week so no over time but I had a hard week at work and am exhausted.  Those 13 hour day takes a toll, I seem to be running a fever half the time. So i will be missing this one still
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 12:03:05 am »
Wow, hope you get to rest up soon, Jaz.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 01:02:39 pm »
Sorry to be troublesome... but is there any way we can tentatively schedule what weekends meetings will be held a little farther in advance, regardless of where they're held, or do weekends frequently get changed because no venue is available?

I know scheduling on a budget is really troublesome, I just thought it would be worth asking in case it might be possible. I'd like to try to get there more often, especially with training coming up - but among other complications, my workplace tends to get a little ticky about asking for days off with less than two weeks' notice. :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:10:40 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 05:43:51 pm »
Sorry to be troublesome... but is there any way we can tentatively schedule what weekends meetings will be held a little farther in advance, regardless of where they're held, or do weekends frequently get changed because no venue is available?

I know scheduling on a budget is really troublesome, I just thought it would be worth asking in case it might be possible. I'd like to try to get there more often, especially with training coming up - but among other complications, my workplace tends to get a little ticky about asking for days off with less than two weeks' notice. :P

Tentative dates have been posted in the calendar.  We know for sure that July will be on the 11th in Salem.  Ally (Facilities Liaison) can tell you how solid the August dates are.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 07:44:55 am »

Tentative dates have been posted in the calendar.  We know for sure that July will be on the 11th in Salem.  Ally (Facilities Liaison) can tell you how solid the August dates are.

Thank you! This helps immensely. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 07:13:25 pm »
I hate working weekends.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 09:49:54 am »
me too
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 10:33:24 pm »
So... I just noticed that the July meeting is on the 11th.  That's the same date as the Japanese Garden's celebration of Tanabata.  The Clark Manga & Anime Club will be volunteering at the event.  Therefore, I will be unable to attend.

With that in mind, we have someone who wants to sign up for staff, but will (most likely) be unable to attend the meeting, as well.  Isn't there an address that she can mail her form to so she can be on staff, too?

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 07:50:35 am »
With that in mind, we have someone who wants to sign up for staff, but will (most likely) be unable to attend the meeting, as well.  Isn't there an address that she can mail her form to so she can be on staff, too?

Here's what's required:
Be legible
Choose a valid position
Get the correct Director initials
Pay the Treasurer and get her initials
Double check your legibility

Only after all of those are met: deliver to the Secretary for ratification.

If you get Director initials by mail, I recommend including a SASE.  Please do not expect your director to handle the rest of your registration for you. 
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 07:50:04 pm »
I don't know if the form was signed by the Director or not (I can try to call the applicant to make sure), but if it is, she would just mail it to the Treasurer with a SASE for you?  She has the form and money already; I know that much for sure.

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 06:56:25 am »
I don't know if the form was signed by the Director or not (I can try to call the applicant to make sure), but if it is, she would just mail it to the Treasurer with a SASE for you?  She has the form and money already; I know that much for sure.

If she already has director initials, that does simplify things.  I recommend she email treasurer@kumoricon.org to explore her payment options.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 10:59:21 pm »
Okay, I'll be seeing her tomorrow; I'll let her know.