Author Topic: 30fps -> 60fps conversion?  (Read 7020 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
30fps -> 60fps conversion?
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:45:59 am »
OK gang:

*I* am working on an AMV (yes, I do *try* to make a few myself every once & a while...)
and I have a fast, upbeat tune which I have slowed down in Cool Edit to 50% speed + pitch bend
to raise by 1 octave so that it doesn't totally sound like a durge.
I still have the original WAV file, too.

I am working scenes in Premiere 6.2 at 30fps because I want to get timings right, then double-speed it to 60fps, and apply the original wav file.

I also have a copy of After Effects 5.5, Sony Vegas 7, and a couple of versions of VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod.

SO:

Once I output 30fps uncompressed avi (HUGE!) from Premiere, what's the most straightforward way to convert to 60fps and scrunch the duration by 1/2 ?
I've tried playing with Vegas but it doesn't seem to speed the project up - the music still sounds slow.

Any tips from 60fps masters out there?

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
Re: 30fps -> 60fps conversion?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:54:17 pm »
Why don't you just increase the clip's speed to 200% instead of messing with the framerates?

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 06:10:33 pm »
Why don't you just increase the clip's speed to 200% instead of messing with the framerates?

Unfortunately, I don't *think* that'd do the same thing. I think it works like this-- whereas changing the framerate would actually make the video play all of the frames just faster, changing the speed would either cut or blend (depending on your program) every other frame, leaving you with a video that is /similar/ to the 60fps video but a lot jumpier and less good looking. Considering he's gone through all the trouble already, I think that would be a shame.

As far as I know, you could just use the avisynth script "ChangeFPS(60)", upload the aviscript into VDubMod, reapply the original WAV (definitely need to do this, ChangeFPS desyncs audio in my experience), and then export it in whatever format you want. I don't think you'll have to mess with the speed at all because 60fps is obviously 200% of the speed of 30fps. Let us know if that works?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:05:03 am »
Thanks gang!

What I will try first is to complete the 30fps half-speed project, load it into AfterEffects, 'stretch' to 50%, and output at 60 fps.
Then load into Vdub and apply the wav file.