Author Topic: Prince of Persia Movie?  (Read 6966 times)

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
Prince of Persia Movie?
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:42:58 pm »
Just wondering if any gamers out there who actually played The Sands of Time had any thoughts on the movie coming out this friday.
Good idea, or terrible fail?

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
Re: Prince of Persia Movie?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:38:03 am »
The casting is good
The Director is good
The trailers have been great
And it has elements of all 3 games in the Sands Trilogy.
So yes it should be good

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:56:02 am »
It looks & sounds like it's going to be really good...but then again, I am easier to please with movies than most people I think.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:35:01 am »
I haven't played the game but I want to see the movie. :D

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 04:51:50 pm »
The casting is good
The Director is good
So yes it should be good
BUT... it is a movie based on a videogame, so minus a lot of points for that alone.  

I'm really hoping it's good.  The trailers look beautiful.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:52:21 pm by Kurohime »

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 05:52:34 pm »
Yea, but every time i get my hopes up, two words pop into my head.
Silent. Hill.
*shudders*

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 06:08:13 pm »
The casting is good
The Director is good
So yes it should be good
BUT... it is a movie based on a videogame, so minus a lot of points for that alone.  

I'm really hoping it's good.  The trailers look beautiful.
That is always a worry, but hopefully this can be the movie to shake the curse.

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 10:40:18 pm »
I actually just got back from seeing Prince of Persia.

The acting was quite good and Jake Gyllenhals accent was consistent through the whole film.
I really enjoyed it. I felt it kept the video game feel but still was disconnected enough that you dont need to have played the game.

And yes, I did see the movie before it was in theaters. At the movie theater. You have to wait til Friday though.
'07- Console Gaming staff. First con. Ever.
'08- Console Gaming staff.
'09- Console Gaming Manager.
'10- Console Gaming Assistant Manager
'11- Con Suite Manager
'12- Live Events Assistant Manager

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 12:54:38 am »
Silent. Hill.
*shudders*
I saw this in theaters when it first came out and didn't think it was that bad (this was many years ago however, and I don't remember everything).  Does everyone here not like it?

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 05:58:36 am »
I haven't played through the Sands of time games so I am sure that I will love it myself.

As for the Silent Hill movie...I have been a fan of the game series since the first one came out on PS1 & I loved it. There were a couple parts that I snickered & thought were cheesey but that happens with most movies.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 07:54:18 pm »

As for the Silent Hill movie...I have been a fan of the game series since the first one came out on PS1 & I loved it. There were a couple parts that I snickered & thought were cheesey but that happens with most movies.

Every scene with the bike cop. lol.
Team Koga

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:19:05 pm »

The acting was quite good and Jake Gyllenhals accent was consistent through the whole film.
I really enjoyed it. I felt it kept the video game feel but still was disconnected enough that you dont need to have played the game.

And yes, I did see the movie before it was in theaters. At the movie theater. You have to wait til Friday though.

thats How they intended to make the movie.
Read the latest issue of game informer. :)
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 01:48:58 am »

thats How they intended to make the movie.
Read the latest issue of game informer. :)

Then should I have just left my comment at "They did their job"? Because really any good comment on any movie is just a more detailed way of saying the cast and crew did their job correct.
'11- Con Suite Manager

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 09:30:59 pm »
Silent. Hill.
*shudders*
I saw this in theaters when it first came out and didn't think it was that bad (this was many years ago however, and I don't remember everything).  Does everyone here not like it?
The movie itself was good, but as a giant fanboy of the games, turning the Order into a group of christian witch hunters, total lack of plot resemblance, character replacement, AND misuse of Pyramid Head kinda ruined it for me...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 01:47:06 am »
Silent. Hill.
*shudders*
The movie itself was good, but as a giant fanboy of the games, turning the Order into a group of christian witch hunters, total lack of plot resemblance, character replacement, AND misuse of Pyramid Head kinda ruined it for me...
Is pyramid Head that big of a charecter?  Everyone seems to only talk about them.

And as for Prince of persia, the movie was pretty good.  Not having much in the way of totally unbelievable stunts kept the movie in a positive light.   For once one of these new movies didn't kill realism.

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 12:07:57 pm »
Silent. Hill.
*shudders*
Is pyramid Head that big of a charecter?  Everyone seems to only talk about them.

And as for Prince of persia, the movie was pretty good.  Not having much in the way of totally unbelievable stunts kept the movie in a positive light.   For once one of these new movies didn't kill realism.

Gyllehaal even studied parkour and did it as his workouts to get in shape so a lot of it was him.
'11- Con Suite Manager

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 05:55:21 am »
Silent. Hill.
*shudders*
I love movies too much to let it be ruined for me. Although I did point out everything that was wrong when I watched it...I just looked at it as a different installment of the series rather than a copy of the original. It was too entertaining of a movie for me to not like it :P

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 07:52:32 am »
I loved this movie, like a lot. Way better then I first expected. Though I expected nothing...xD

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 09:08:05 am »
I didn't get a chance to see it over the weekend...was too busy. So far I have heard only 2 people saying that it was good. Anyone else have input on it? Is it worth the $10 movie ticket to see it?

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »
10$? i only paid 8.25$  for 10 idk.. (lol at the dollar seventy five difference)  anyhow i wouldnt have seen it IN theaters except my friends wanted to see something and i just went with it.  movie prices are ridiculous these days.  I remember when...........

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 06:24:59 am »
Ya...our theater here is $9.75 to see a movie. I never buy popcorn, soda, nachos, candy...or any of that stuff because it makes an already overpriced movie even worse. I used to see movies all the time when I could hit the matinee for under $5 a person...but now it's just stupid. It's $20 to take my G/F to see a movie & that doesn't include the cost of dinner/lunch or snacks if we wanted them. How are the younger generations supposed to have dinner & a movie dating experiences at those costs...so sad...

On that note, how would you rate the movie camname21? Worth every penny?

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 03:37:11 pm »
I liked the movie. yes some of the lines were corny and the dagger wasnt used nearly as much as I thought it would be (doear lord did I over use that thing in the games) but as Jenni said, the stunts were all kept within the realm of realism. and there were plenty of stunts to keep me happy :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 11:44:13 pm »
My friend said he didn't like the movie because he barely used the dagger too, that was the only thing he said about it (and he kept repeating it, so annoying.)  I don't know how the game goes, but you can't just keep pressing the damn thing.  If you like romance and parque? the movie would be worth the money.  To me it was almost worth it, the realism makes me say yay, but I think games spoil me with their high frame rate carnage that most movies don't keep up.  However, Avatar was good because it was a great picture, prince of persia was good looking but not the same way :/ (most of it was shots of Jake Gyllenhaal taking up 3/4 the screen :D )

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 05:32:14 am »
I will have to take my G/F to go see it next weekend after payday then...we have both been wanting to watch it. We never played the games but the previews made it look good...