Author Topic: Rockband Playlist Suggestions  (Read 4299 times)

Offline SetsunaEarth

• Cabbit
Rockband Playlist Suggestions
« on: May 16, 2010, 06:07:30 pm »
Hi there all! For those who enjoyed Rockband free play last year, you may remember me as DJ RAXL! from the morning shift of said game.  Well now I'm running the area, and I'm looking for a little help and input from you guys!  There's just no way an average jane like me can keep up with the sheer number of tracks available on Rockband.  I know where MY preferences are, but since you all are the ones playing the game, I'd like to know what songs YOU want.  Please feel free to suggest your favorites and wishes so that I can get you what the masses want.  If you wanted to help me offset the cost of said songs, I would appreciate that also.
The system is a PS3, so keep in mind that tracks will be a little behind on the release schedule.  I will attempt to keep the track list as up to date as possible, especially when purchases are made.
Specific song notes: For the AC/DC Live Track Pack, I will have to buy the whole thing at once, hard copy.  That's $15-20 from Amazon, so please keep that in mind.

My current song list: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tuomWE3lQhGrsw-GT4QV6Jg&output=html

To Donate:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=8J6U3A7VEJSUY&lc=US&item_name=Kumoricon%20Rockband%202010&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

So what do you want to see people?  What artists, what songs?

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Re: Rockband Playlist Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:37:12 am »
I know I'm not really throwing much into this conversation outside of a question later. But that list is REALLY impressive. I'd be pretty shocked if there were more than a few requests on this. Do they happen to have any Everclear or more Smashing Pumpkins? I'd be shocked if they didn't have "Bullet in Butterfly Wings" or any Everclear.

Do you happen to know if there's going to be a Rock Band 2 tournament? I know quite a few people who have asked me that over the last few months and it'd be nice to be able to answer them ^_^; Last year's tournament was perhaps the most fun I've had at K-Con in a long time. Heck, even the quick play was awesomesauce.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:13:32 am »
Chiron by All That Remains
Two Weeks by All That Remains
The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin
Life is Beautiful by Sixx:AM
The Perfect Drug by NiN
Capital G by NiN
Re-Education (Through Labor) by Rise Against
It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down
Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars
Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm
Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold
Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold
Waking The Demon by Bullet for my Valentine
Inside Out by Eve 6
The Kids Aren't Alright by The Offspring
The Saints of Los Angels by Motley Crue
They Say by Scars on Broadway
Empty Walls by Serj Tankian
Sky is Over by Serj Tankian
Devour by Shinedown
BYOB by System of a Down
Toxicity by System of a Down
Psychosocial by Slipknot

These are my suggestions. I realize there's a chance that alot of them may not make it, but these are all my particular favorites. They are, more or less, in order as they appeared on the originally posted list. I presume the ones with an X all the way to the right are ones already available/downloaded/accessible between RB1 and 2?
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline SetsunaEarth

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 08:54:37 pm »
-> Yamcha: Yes, there will indeed be a RB2 tournament as a main event this year!  The prize so far should be the same too (passes to K-Con 2011).  I'm also looking at other swag/prizes for smaller contests in the game room versions.  No Everclear, but they have Siva, Today, Cherub Rock and Zero from the Smashing Pumpkins.  I know I have Today and possibly Cherub Rock.

-> Agent47: Thank you!  Seriously, thank you for your suggestions!  I have some of those already, so I'm on the way.  Kryptonite, Smooth Criminal, Afterlife, Inside Out, The Kids Aren't Alright, and Toxicity to be exact...  Anyway.  I will put your list on my "To Buy" list.  I think I can get about 8 of those this month.  Thank you for your input!

Offline darkhero

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 11:12:37 pm »
i'd love to play some iron maiden and 30 seconds to mars

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:12:52 pm »
I'm really surprised not many people posted here. I, for one, consider Rock Band to be one of the best choices for the gaming department.

In any event, you're welcome for the recommendations, and presuming I go this year, I'll definitely stop by the RB setup. Probably more than once since I find socializing and loitering to be rather difficult at the Hilton downtown, and most of the events/programmer doesn't interest me.

Edit:

I'd also like to recommend 2 more recently released tracks(well, a few weeks old anyway):

Scream by Avenged Sevenfold
Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold

:D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:20:01 pm by Agent47 »
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 11:42:43 pm »
Okay, this thread is kinda old, but if possible, DJ RAXL, I'd like to make some suggestions for next year (then maybe I'll want to play ;D ).

What We Came Here For, by Damone
Amaranth, by Nightwish
Ready to Fall, by Rise Against
All I Need, by Within Temptation
Nothing to Do With Love, by Halestorm
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:04 am »
When did Amaranth get on RB? :O

EDIT: Haha looks like you have everything I would be suggesting.  Word.  Pretty much, if anything by Dream Theater, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Amberian Dawn, Sonata Arctica, or Blind Guardian gets added for DLC, I'm gonna want to play it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:00:07 am by DancingTofu »
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:29:56 am »
Amen, my tofu-loving friend; Amen.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh