Author Topic: Anime Series in Portland (comcast?)  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Miwako

• Oni
Anime Series in Portland (comcast?)
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:48:09 pm »
Hi Everyone!!
Well you see, im not even from the U.S, I emigrated (LEGALLY *shows all cards* orz dont send me back lol)
from other country~!

But... Like in my country we had like 60 channels XD and that was a luxury rlly.
But you could see anime in 3 Channels, in Cartoon Network, in a Kid network of the national service,
and in Disney Ch, but... like here I dont get ANYTHING I have trying to figure out TV for the last 2 months.
EVEN if I have Comcast...Basic, no probably the next one to basic? I'm not sure what I do have...dad pays it so lol...

ANYWAY.
I want to know what channels have anime and which ones and when...
I know I can watch them on Hulu and sites alike or buy them... BUT...
I really just sometimes I would like to watch them on TV.

So My question is

Which Anime Series do we have in portland? and in What Channels do pass them? (number plz! )

Than You!

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
Re: Anime Series in Portland (comcast?)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 03:01:01 pm »
I wouldnt know too much about your particular cable plan, but i know that Cartoon Network does a good amount of anime late night/weekends like bleach, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, etc...
Also, Disney XD has Naruto Shippuden.
Unfortunately, i cant really think of anything else besides, i think, theres an on demand channel for anime called Anime Network, which should be available for comcast.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:07:00 pm »
I live in Eugene and have Comcast here.  I don't know if they change the channel numbers from city to city or not, but my Comcast channels are these:

Nickelodeon (Pacific)NIKPchannel 40
Nickelodeon NIKchannel 124
Nickelodeon HD (Pacific)NIKPHDchannel 740
Disney Channel (Pacific)DISNPchannel 41
Disney Channel HD (Pacific)DISNHDchannel 741
The Cartoon Network (Pacific)TOONPchannel 42Bleach, FMA-Brotherhood, etc.  Saturday night to Sunday morning
The Cartoon Network HD (Pacific)TOONHDchannel 742
PBS Kids SproutSPROUTchannel 119
Nick Jr.NICJRchannel 120
Discovery KidsDKIDSchannel 121
Disney XDDXDchannel 122Naruto Shippuden
Disney XD HDDXDHDchannel 796
Nicktoons NetworkNIKTONchannel 126
Teen NickTNCKchannel 215

Fox Kids plays on Portland station KRCW-DT - NW32

On Demand also has almost all of these under Kids as well as an Anime section under The Cutting Edge  Adult Swim and Funimation Anime

Depending on the language from the country you came from, there are a number of foreign language channels as well.  Mainly Spanish, but there are Japanese and other language channels as well.

I hope this help you.   Have fun watching it all.  ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Miwako

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 04:26:03 pm »
Thank you so much!~

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »
I actually haven't seen much anime on television. I didn't know Disney had any anime on, though I hardly ever watch that channel so I probably just haven't seen it.

The only ones I know of are...

-Cartoon Network/Adult Swim (Saturday late night) has Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, Bleach, Cowboy Bebop and I think they're still playing InuYasha.
-Nicktoons Network will be having Dragon Ball Z Kai and has Avatar: The Last Airbender (not technically anime, I know, but it's something)
-Disney XD used to have Oban Star Racers (again, not technically anime, but was still pretty good), but no longer has that show on. Not sure if they have anything else on now...
-On Demand has a few anime series under "Funimation Anime", though you have to see it fast as most episodes only stay on for about two weeks before they're rotated out. And the selection can soemtimes leave something to be desired. They are free, though, and  also have some newer series (new to the US) that you pay for.

Does Cartoon Network have any anime on during the day? Ever since they canceled Toonami I don't think I've seen any...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:03:32 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 08:56:18 pm »
Does Cartoon Network have any anime on during the day? Ever since they canceled Toonami I don't think I've seen any...
As far as I know, Toonami was the last anime-stronghold for CN.  Since then they've been sticking with non-anime cartoons, their original series, and their *sigh* reality shows.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 10:27:16 pm »
Saturday nights around the midnight hour for anime on CN. Warning, these are all dubs! lol

I saw a couple episodes of Naruto Shippuden on on a Disney channel. Wish I remembered when and which.

Get Netflix. Watch the DVDs in the subs.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:18 pm »
Monday nights (I think after 10 or 11pm) Scifi shows some oldschool stuff. I saw Macross and Then and now (is that what it's called?) idiotIam. Now and Then, Here and There* recently, and before it had stuff like Yami no Matsuei and Noein.

。。。Or wait, didn't they change their name?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 05:07:15 pm by Hazuza »

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 04:37:27 pm »
Just stick with Hulu; it has a better selection than all cable and fewer commercials.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »
Monday nights (I think after 10 or 11pm) Scifi shows some oldschool stuff. I saw Macross and Then and now (is that what it's called?) idiotIam. Now and Then, Here and There* recently, and before it had stuff like Yami no Matsuei and Noein.

。。。Or wait, didn't they change their name?

Ah, that's right, I forgot about the Sci-Fi channel (now SyFy).
They do have anime on Mondays starting at 11 PM, though it's been quite some time since they've had anything new. Mostly they've just been showing things they've shown a hundred times before.
Right now they have "Monster", which is a "new" series for the channel but has been playing quite a while, and after that they have a movie-- one they've shown about fifty times prior.
I haven't watched anime on SyFy since the end of season two of "Mobile Suit Gundam 00".
They really need to get something good on there...

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Jazzmin-anime

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 09:06:45 pm »
Disney XD has Disney shippuden on Wednsday and CN as alot at saturnday late night, But try youtube has the most etc....THey've cut back alot (CN has) so its kinda sad....

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 12:48:16 pm »
Just to pipe in an update, Funimation On-Demand updated their list and actually have some decent anime on (finally, the others were getting pretty stale). Around three of them have just started on the free section (were pay-per-view before, such as Claymore). They're only on until the 16th, some the 18th, so if you want to see the first episodes... now is the time. :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:48:50 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 09:11:57 pm »
does scifi still do an anime night?  Its been a long time sence i had the channel.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 10:02:03 am »
does scifi still do an anime night?  Its been a long time sence i had the channel.
Yes, they do. Mondays at 11 PM PST.
Though it's been a while since they had anything good on. The last good series they had on was Gundam 00. But Monster just isn't my cup of tea, so that's just my opinion.
For the past couple weeks, though, they've just been showing movies that they've shown tons of times before.

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 10:03:48 pm »
I have Verizon Fios, which has the funimation channel as part of its basic package. Also comes with funimation on demand.