Author Topic: Where Can I Order or Find Good Wigs for a Reasonable Price?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
So I've been looking for a red wig for my Etna cosplay that I'm planning on doing this Kumoricon and I have no idea where to look.
Online is fine but, places in the Vancouver/ Portland area would be great.
I'd like to find a fairly nice wig for a reasonable price so any ideas would be great!
thank you for reading!
Here are some examples of her, she is from Disgaea fyi
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: Where Can I Order or Find Good Wigs for a Reasonable Price?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:21:16 am »
Define reasonable.
Depending on what you consider to be reasonable, this may or may not be possible. Good wigs are never cheap.
(unless you make it yourself but that's very time-consuming, and depending on your skill level it may or may not be good.)
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

oslapedo

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 06:19:49 am »
You can try the cosplay.com marketplace. They've got oodles of wig bargains there.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:43:45 am »
I've heard of Wigland in Portland or whatever the name of that store is. I've never been in before though.

www.cosworx.com is pretty good price-wise, and they're having a 25% off sale on their exclusive wig line right now. Amphigory.com is pretty cool too, though I've only ordered from them once and it took the better part of a month for them to get it to me.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 07:27:29 am »
If you have a paypal and an account eBay, then they are the best place to get wigs. That's where I get all of mine :3
They're prices are awesome, and they are of high quality. Make sure to check their feedback through.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:39:46 am »
Define reasonable.
Depending on what you consider to be reasonable, this may or may not be possible. Good wigs are never cheap.
(unless you make it yourself but that's very time-consuming, and depending on your skill level it may or may not be good.)
Reasonable to me would be no more than $45 unless its real hair than $60.
Very true which is why when I look at different websites I've found on google I won't even look at the cheaper ones.

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 04:43:06 pm »
A couple threads back i basically asked the same question but broader (just asked about wigs in general) and got some helpful responses. Check it out :)

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 12:06:28 pm »
A really good shop that I love going to is called Mid K Beauty. It's in the Gresham area, right next to a CD & Game Exchange, and across the street is a Fred Meyers. They're very helpful, and you can try on as many wigs as you like, though you have to buy the wig cap for a dollar. They refund your dollar if you buy a wig, though.

That is the first place I would recommend, and they sell TONS of wigs, as well as wig shampoos and things. :3
Red Mage at heart.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 12:29:37 pm »
aphigorywigs (or how ever its spelt) has a pre ponytailed wig (i think its caled innocent) but "profesional only" on ebay has a good etna wig prestyled
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »
I've also had good luck with eBay wigs, though most sellers are based out of China and the shipping can take a while. You can find slightly better deals than at Cosworx, but be careful about quality! If it's supiciously cheap, don't buy it. For Etna's bushy pigtails, you're going to want a high weft count and that means a spendier wig. Another good reason to go with Cosworx - they sell wefts in matching colors, if you need extra hair.

Human hair wigs tend to be around $100-120, so I think you'll have to settle for synthetic.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:28:46 pm »
And ebay store called Professional Only is where I bought over half of my wigs. They have a wig thats styled for that character...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PW156-Etna-Auburn-Red-Costume-Cosplay-Wig-Free-Ship-/400124151316?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item5d29420614
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »
Thank you all for your suggestions! and links ;)