Author Topic: A Little Wig Advice?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
A Little Wig Advice?
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:37:38 pm »
Seeing as K-Con 2010 will be the first year i spend more than one day at a con, i plan on having multiple cosplays, which is an exciting opportunity for me, until i realized something.
Usually, I dye my hair for cosplay, which isn't a problem for me, but having multiple cosplays... means multiple hair colors.
So im figuring a wig is my best option... but i really have no experience in the area, and looking around, the amount of options (eBay, local stores, commissions, etc.) is fairly overwhelming, not to mention some seem to be fairly inaccurate :(
Any advice from you vets?

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: A Little Wig Advice?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:54 pm »
I found this somewhere else, but it's fairly helpful

(I second ayanami satoru *-* I've heard very good things about them)

Sometimes you can't find a wig styled exactly to your character, or those are more expensive or look ridiculous. Styling one on your own isn't too hard to learn, and it gives you a lot more options for when you shop around c: (Though you might want to practice on cheap party wigs)

Also, you'll want to take good care of wigs if you want them to last, especially if they're long. Carefully comb through them between wearings, and you might want to get wig oils, detangler, and/or shampoo if you start having troubles (or to prevent them from ever starting hahaha.... ._.)