Author Topic: Registration Thread - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS NOW!  (Read 29203 times)

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Registration Thread - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS NOW!
« on: July 08, 2005, 06:31:21 pm »
Okay, there have been several threads in multiple places, so I'm going to just make one big sticky and say this is where it gets talked about.  So if you have a registration question, please POST IT HERE, not in a new thread.  Thanks in advance.

Now, the biggest issues as of late have been (1) nicknames, and (2) snail-mail registration confirmation.  So I'm going to deal with those now:

In response to nicknames, I have this to say:

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

In addition, here's my real answer.  If you're sending in a snail-mail form, and for some reason there's no place for a nickname, just write it somewhere in the blank space.  It'll work fine.  As for electronic ones, well, you'll probably have to PM me if you want them in, since the electronic forms don't have a field for that this year.  But I'll make sure they show up - I am keeping track of the ones requested - honest!

As for snail-mail confirmations, as of approximately 6 minutes ago, any snail mails received by registration prior to July 1 have been entered into the computer and replied to.  So check your inbox.  If you still have questions, or didn't receive confirmation for some reason (possibly an email typo), you may PM me or email kumoripez@hotmail.com . Both methods do in fact reach me, and I'll be happy to help.

Responses to these comments, or further registration questions, can be deposited in this thread.  Thank you for calling!

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Panda

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.theOtaku.com
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 12:50:41 pm »
Hello!

I have tried on several occassions to email publicity@kumoricon.org to inquire about press registration and each time had my emails returned to me with a "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" notice.

If there is another email address I should try to send my inquiry too please email me at: Gail@theOtaku.com. I would like to get this all squared away as soon as possible so I can make travel plans.

Thanks!
Gail Shimura-Brightbill
theOtaku.com
Site Administrator/Staff Reporter
Gail@theOtaku.com

Gail Shimura-Brightbill
theOtaku.com
Site Administrator / Staff Reporter
Gail@theOtaku.com

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 04:51:55 pm »
Acknowledged!  =^~_~^=  Email incoming!

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 06:06:07 pm »
I also fixed the alias so it points to the right address >.<
~Sean Larson~

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:41:05 pm »
I'm not sure if it belongs here but if you pre-register what is acceptable as i.d. to pick up your badge? My friend never got a school i.d. card from this last year but she has one from the year before that, would that work?

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 09:54:08 pm »
Hmm... that's a toughy.  Technically, whatever ID is used is supposed to be current.  How old is said friend?

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 10:03:19 pm »
She's 14. She has other things like a credit card, library card etc., but she wasn't there for picture day so she never got an i.d. card

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 10:38:33 pm »
Hm... if she goes to the same school, it should be okay.  She'll need the parental consent form too, unless her parent(s) will also be attending.  If she has all that stuff, she should be fine.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 11:53:01 pm »
Okay, thanks very much! ^_^

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 08:37:01 pm »
@ Goon-chan2

Okay, when exactly did you register, and did you register by snail mail or online?

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 12:49:16 am »
OK so I didn't see this thread before.

real name Amber Berebitsky. Am I on the list?

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 04:18:22 pm »
Uhmm I went to the meeting and I signed out the pre registration form and I paid....but uhh I forgot to put at the little box the amout paid...but I did pay so all beacuse I didnt write it I just wanna make sure I dont get ripped off my money all beacuse I forgot the to write the total amout paid
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline miyoko004

• Cabbit
    • http://www.geocities.com/fireflynihon
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 04:43:33 pm »
i have a question.
On the maill form it has a spot for Name and Badge Name. Does the Badge Name have to be your real name? Or is the Bade Name your nickname? If not, i still have to put my nickname somewhere on the page right???
little confused, thanx.
boo O/_O/  \O_\O

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 04:55:55 pm »
Enter the barrage!

First off, transferred from locked post:

>.> When registering, is the badge name simply what I want written on my badge, for my name? Or is that something entirely different?

<.< I'm Kind of new at this whole convention thing...TT.TT

.....and now for my Gaurdian/Curfew questions.

"All minors 13 and up must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to attend the convention in written form...A parent/legal guardian must be present at the convention site from midnight to 4:00 AM. All guardians must be 18 or over and have parental permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian"

ookay...does that mean the gaurdian doesn't have to be at the con until midnight? (there is no way I could get any of my family members to be gaurdians if they'd have to be there all day)
Or does that apply only to people staying at the hotel (which i will not be). o.O?

"Minors aged 15-17 who are with their parental guardians may be allowed to stay unless the content of the event deems otherwise..."

So, if I am with a gaurdian designated by my parents, but not my parents I may not stay from 12:00 to 4:00am?

as for the orgeon curfew, the gaurdian shippy thingy used within the con is not valid for wandering around outside I would assume?

•When registering, "Badge Name" is for your nickname.  But all registrations require first and last real names as well.  If your registration form does not differentiate, you may put both your real name and badge name down - you should be fine at that point.  If you have further difficulties (I.E., the online form does not take badge names), you can PM me and I will make sure it's taken care of.

•RE: Guardians: If you are, via consent form, signed over to be your own guardian, your parent/guardian does NOT have to be on-site unless it is between the hours of 12am-4am.  Bear in mind that if you are under 13 years old, you must be with a guardian at ALL TIMES.  Permission slips gained for the con do NOT cover you when it comes to city or state laws, but I believe that con policy DOES fall within those limitations.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 05:13:23 pm »
And now for the other questions...

@Blackjack

You aren't in the database for online reg or mail-in reg, so as far as I know, you aren't registered.

@Miyoko

If you don't put a name for "Badge Name," your real name goes on your badge.  Otherwise, whatever nickname you choose as your "Badge Name" will go onto the badge.  But "Badge Name" is your nickname.

@MikaRin

Don't worry.  If we took your money, you're registered, so it's all good.  Promise!  =^~_~^=

Rawr!!  =^~_~^= 8)

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 10:25:45 pm »
Crapdaddies. I'll have to mail it in then.

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 11:06:21 pm »
Alright then thanks ^^

Offline SenahbirdR

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 03:52:46 am »
I noticed there is no spot for DOB in the online registration forms. There was last year. I recall last year the badges were color coded by age (I though that was a really good idea, no kid, you CANNOT look at my hentai!). Is this an oversight and should we pm you with our DOBs?

OOH! Forgot. Also, when/where will we be able to pickup prereg badges the night before(friday night) as was done the previous year? I greatly enjoy that. My crew and I are going to be coming up friday so we'll sleep before the con (cause sometimes I tend to skip the first 2 days of sleep....) and get all psyched up (doesn't take much for this thing!) and like the idea of a smaller line and no waiting saturday morning : )

EDIT: Added second question.
Knight of Nereis
Bard of Maefwain

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005, 04:57:04 pm »
Yeah... that's something I threw many a fit about, regarding the date of birth.  We will still be color-coding the badges this year, as ID is required to pick them up, and age will be double-checked at that point.

As for picking up badges the night before, we will be doing that again this year, though the exact location is to be determined.  I'm only 80% sure where registration is going to be at this point, and I don't want to tell you "go here" if we're across the hotel the next day.  But we will be doing night-before badge pickup (though we will NOT be doing night-before on-site registration)

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005, 08:05:02 pm »
Quote from: "PezCat"
Yeah... that's something I threw many a fit about, regarding the date of birth.  We will still be color-coding the badges this year, as ID is required to pick them up, and age will be double-checked at that point.

As for picking up badges the night before, we will be doing that again this year, though the exact location is to be determined.  I'm only 80% sure where registration is going to be at this point, and I don't want to tell you "go here" if we're across the hotel the next day.  But we will be doing night-before badge pickup (though we will NOT be doing night-before on-site registration)

PezCat

so we need an ID to pick up our pre reged badges the night before and/or the day of. because I have a military ID if that will work.

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 08:41:38 pm »
Yes on both counts!  =^~_~^=

PezCat

=^..^=

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 04:21:36 pm »
This is pretty urgent please reply a.s.a.p.

Can we pre-register and then turn in our parent consent forms on location?

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 04:29:09 pm »
In a word: Yes.

Is 8 minutes ASAP enough for ya?  =^~.~^=

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 11:36:56 am »
Hmm do we get the badges in the mail or where do we pick them up....Uhmm what kinda of ID works I have an 8th grade one as my most recent one....but that was almost 2 years ago ^^;;

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 03:34:53 pm »
Badges will be picked up at the desk if you pre-registered (we'll have a separate line for pre-regs).  ID with a photo on it is required for badge pickup - Failing that, if you have a parent with you who can prove who they are, they can generally speak for their kid...

PezCat the Dead-Tired

=^..^=

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 03:41:20 pm »
Ok so they will just have to speak up for me....do they have to show any proof or anything and what day do I pick it up?

Sorry for the trouble >.<

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 04:31:44 pm »
You can pick up badges the evening of (times TBD) Friday Sept. 2, or anytime after the convention opens.

And yes, your parent(s) will need to have their ID (so we can prove who they are) before they can vouch for you, but otherwise all is well.

PezCat the Very Dead-Tired

=^..^=

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2005, 08:52:48 am »
Sorry for being so troublesome but I've got another problem ^^;  My brother may not be able to go to the Kumoricon (He's sure he won't be able to go) so my mom wants to accompany us.  She says it will be o.k. because she already paid the admission fee for four.  I'm still worried.  If my mom goes in my brothers place, should she also fill out a paper with her information (or is it too late ^^)?
"However long the night may last, the dawn will always break."
"He thought they were the most beautiful birds in the world, the he found out they were only seagulls." ~Maude: Harold and Maude

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 12:09:16 pm »
okay.....sorry again but  what if your parents cant come to pick it up..Am I sort of uhmm not able to get in.....I mean I can say the address my name my phone and everything that I wrote to prove that..thats me.

Thanks in advance

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2005, 04:12:01 pm »
@ Moraela

That should be fine, assuming that it's the same last name for all involved.  If not, let me know via PM who I'm dealing with, and I'll make a note of it.

@ MikaRin375

Technically you're supposed to have some form of ID, whether it's your picture ID, or it's your parents there.  So if you don't have one of those things, I can't guarantee you'll be able to pick up your badge.  What you might want to do between now and the con is just get your parents to go down to the local DMV and get an ID card - you don't need to have a driving permit to get one, and it will suffice to get you your badge.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2005, 07:02:49 am »
I have already preregistered for 2 tickets online. Do I print out the email that I got back, or do I just remember the confirmation number?

thanks.
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2005, 04:00:37 pm »
You should only need to bring photo ID if you have registered, as our database is name-based.  If you want to bring additional information "to be safe", there's nothing wrong with that.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2005, 07:56:30 pm »
Nn...again so even if i paid but I didnt write on the pre registation that I paid I'm still able to get a badge right? I didnt mail it in though I did it at the last meeting in July when all those other people were pre-registing. Thanks again

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 12:02:03 am »
If you turned it in, you should be set, we usually make sure you've paid, even if you didn't mark it down (something about little gnomes that check those things for us).
~Sean Larson~

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2005, 07:45:42 pm »
Oh and where is the exact place I pick the badges up....sorry if Im bothering you again.
(Ahh okay those must be some pretty smart gnomes ^.~)

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2005, 07:49:16 pm »
Friday night (time yet to be disclosed), there will be a pre-con badge pickup for pre-registrations ONLY.  New badges will not be sold that evening.  Once the con opens at 8am on Saturday, badges can be picked up at the registration desk (don't worry, it will be marked fairly clearly).

Registration will be located just inside the doors of the doubletree across from the entrance to the parking structure (NOT just inside the main entrance and lobby - though you can get to registration fairly easily from the lobby).

PezCat

=^..^=

lostaivivi

Wrong age
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2005, 08:37:44 am »
I accidentally sent the wrong age with my registration. I thought the con was going to be the second weekend of september but it's the 3,4+5 days and I won't turn eighteen until the 8th of september. What do I do and how do I change that? I have no clue what I'm supposed to do. I tried to e-mail registration but I got that there was no receiver found to be sent to.

I'm at a loss.....

They should call me lostaivivi....

If you need to know my name, e-mail me at finaljudement@yahoo.com

make sure you get the spelling right or it won't work.

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2005, 03:56:43 pm »
@ lostaivivi

Okay, here's what you're going to need.  First, make sure you have a parental consent form.  It sucks that you're gonna get hosed by a few days out of not needing one, but it will be necessary (that whole legal reasons thing).  Second, did you register by snail mail or email?  Third, either email kumoripez@hotmail.com or PM me on this forum, about this situation (be sure to include your full name), and I'll make sure it gets taken care of on our end.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2005, 08:27:15 pm »
^^;; My friend Corey is going to the con, and his parents are going to be in portland with him, and they're staying in a diffrent hotel... For the Minor consent form, would they just have to put themselves as the gaurdians, or does that only apply when the gaurdian will be attending? ._,;; Sorry if it's confusing!

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2005, 08:47:48 pm »
The consent form has to refer to an attending guardian.  Guardians have to pay for admission, and must be present at the convention (otherwise the consent form doesn't mean a lot, since the guardian won't be, well, guarding).

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2005, 08:53:54 pm »
Thank you! ^_^

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2005, 12:09:05 am »
Hunh? I can be a guardian of myself right? As long as I get one of my parents to sign it, right?

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2005, 12:25:45 am »
Short version:  yes.

Long version is available in the con policies.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2005, 01:59:35 am »
If I bring a metal briefcase as part of my cosplay, will I have to get it peacebonded...or not?

lostaivivi

Me again.
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2005, 08:19:15 am »
Names Talena Yallup. I pre-registered by internet and credit card. I printed out the parent consent forms but I don't know what to do with them after they were signed....

ummmm....

yeah....

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Me again.
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2005, 10:57:34 am »
Quote from: "lostaivivi"
Names Talena Yallup. I pre-registered by internet and credit card. I printed out the parent consent forms but I don't know what to do with them after they were signed....

ummmm....

yeah....

What I've heard is you just hand them in along with picking up your badge...

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2005, 04:10:16 pm »
@lostaivivi

Neko_chan is correct.  They can indeed be brought with you and delivered at the registration desk when you pick up your badge.  I've made a note of the age situation in the database, so that is okay too.  You're all set!

PezCat

=^..^=

lostaivivi

Yay
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2005, 04:24:21 pm »
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I'm all happy now... Yay!!!

I am registered here but just too lazy to log in.

I'm Aivivi if ya want ta know.... okay

laterz

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2005, 10:49:07 pm »
Peacebond question - I am bringing a metal briefcase to cosplay with as Roger Smith so....will I have to get it peacbonded because it can harm people or no.

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2005, 10:54:00 pm »
While not technically live steel in the purest sense of the term, it would be helpful if it were peacebonded, just to put some of the security team at a little more ease.

PezCat

=^..^=