Author Topic: Minors and IDs at the Door  (Read 3268 times)

Offline ChibiGrace

• Sailor Scout
Minors and IDs at the Door
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »
As I minor (15), who is going to the con without an adult, I know I will need a parental permission form and some kind of ID.
Though, I have a school ID and a state ID, I would perfer to just use one. So, my question is if I need my offical state idea, or as a minor is I can use my school ID.

Anyone know?
~Kumoricon 2011~
Ciel Phantomhive
Vincent Valentine
Oz Vessalius (Maybe)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: Minors and IDs at the Door
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:11:21 pm »
You can use your school ID. c:

But why would you not want to use your state ID anyway? O3o

Offline ChibiGrace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:27:36 pm »
Sigh. My little brother has a thing for playing with my things.
He took my state ID recently and I've been having trouble finding it. I can of course replace it but, just in case...
~Kumoricon 2011~
Ciel Phantomhive
Vincent Valentine
Oz Vessalius (Maybe)

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »
Wait..you're supposed to have some kind of ID when you go?....then why did I just need my permission form O.O

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:59:46 pm »
@Kallika- It's to prove that you're you and you're not, say, picking up someone else's badge, or signing up in someone else's name so they'd have a hassle later. Also, of course, to prove that you're over 13 (or whatever the age limit is x-x). Having your parent/guardian with you with their ID usually works too.
It's weird that you weren't checked, but I've always preregged, so maybe they're more lenient with minor registrations now O-o;

It might be better to wait for a staff response, since I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. ><
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:40:52 pm by Hazuza »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 09:41:49 am »
All the registration policies are posted here:

http://www.kumoricon.org/registration

Every attendee is responsible for following them.

Wait..you're supposed to have some kind of ID when you go?....then why did I just need my permission form O.O

The parental permission form is not proof of identification. It is evidence of parental permission.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline SadisticVampire

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 12:52:03 am »
Would a Drivers Permit work for ID, or do I actually need my school tag?
Mine was actually taken from me awhile back by some stranger who thought it was funny to take it off my desk and run off. I need to know so that if permits don't count I can buy a reprint of my Student Body Card.
This IS BloodyWhisker, but I lost my password to my old account and cannot get it back because I no longer use the email I registered with.. xD Yes, I fail, I know.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 12:15:41 pm »
Would a Drivers Permit work for ID, or do I actually need my school tag?
Mine was actually taken from me awhile back by some stranger who thought it was funny to take it off my desk and run off. I need to know so that if permits don't count I can buy a reprint of my Student Body Card.
Yes, a drivers permit is government ID so it does count.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 12:11:22 am »
IDs in decreasing order of preference:

Well regulated documents:

Passport
Prominent Government ID (Driver's license/permit OR 'state' ID OR Enhanced (state) ID)

Less well regulated photo ID documents:

Student ID (Does this require an adult from the parental permission form with normal ID?)
(Are any other photo ID's allowed?)
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 07:02:26 am »

Passport
Prominent Government ID (Driver's license/permit OR 'state' ID OR Enhanced (state) ID)

Student ID (Does this require an adult from the parental permission form with normal ID?)
Although this wouldn't pertain to minors since they cannot have one, a valid Oregon concealed weapons permit is a legal ID that is permitted as it has all the same information as a driver's license(including photo) & is issued by the state. This would be helpful to someone that is of age, has no driver's license, & needs to prove it(provided they actually have one lol).

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 05:10:21 pm »

Passport

Although this wouldn't pertain to minors since they cannot have one, a valid Oregon concealed weapons permit is a legal ID that is permitted as it has all the same information as a driver's license(including photo) & is issued by the state. This would be helpful to someone that is of age, has no driver's license, & needs to prove it(provided they actually have one lol).

With that in mind, even though I don't recall it being specified anywhere, I believe for Kumoricon needs an ID must fulfill a few requirements.

• Issued by a trusted authority (Government of some kind).
  • Have a clear photo of the subject to associate person to ID.
  • Provide the individual's age.
  • Associate the individual's name with a purchase record, full address including name likely required for pickup.

If a concealed weapons permit establishes the above information then it would probably be accepted, though possible with a bit of escalation.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 05:14:50 pm »
I got in both '08 and '09 with my school ID. No parent ID or anything.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 07:19:47 am »

Passport

With that in mind, even though I don't recall it being specified anywhere, I believe for Kumoricon needs an ID must fulfill a few requirements.

• Issued by a trusted authority (Government of some kind).
  • Have a clear photo of the subject to associate person to ID.
  • Provide the individual's age.
  • Associate the individual's name with a purchase record, full address including name likely required for pickup.

If a concealed weapons permit establishes the above information then it would probably be accepted, though possible with a bit of escalation.
It is a valid ID to purchase alcohol with in this state...so there shouldn't be any issue with it being acceptable. When I recieved mine, I asked the Sheriff's office that question & was told that it can be used as legal ID if no driver's license or state ID is available.