Author Topic: Your own con rules!  (Read 17579 times)

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
Re: Your own con rules!
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2010, 02:24:44 pm »

7)Don't hug/glomp/attack the painted person anyone without asking. Any damage that happens to your costume is your own fault then.

I like my version better.  ;)

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2010, 02:28:14 pm »
XD true. But normal people have been heavily discussed. No one ever thinks of the poor painted people. X3
Lol, that's just from experience. The person nearly ripped my opening binding too. >> I was livid.
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2010, 03:23:36 pm »
I can only imagine, any repercussion from you or was the paint bad enough?

luckily all my clothing this year is rather durable, and I have a fancy non-breakable prop to say hello to any random glomper!*

*Any statement made within this topic should be taken as sarcasm and not as the actual opinion of Kumoricon, Its staff or any attendee including this poster.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:14:34 pm by Mr Silmero »

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2010, 03:28:28 pm »
XD I think the paint did it, honestly. of all the times not to have a set on....>>  I was more worried about fixing the duct tape, ya know? No flahsyflashy wanted.

And I know what you mean! It's so nice. No paint, no blood, and I'm always in a suit that buttons up somehow.
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2010, 03:29:59 pm »
you better keep that hydration going then- Suits are nice and all but in September with all those congoers...I am so glad I am not wearing a big black pleather jacket this year.

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2010, 03:44:50 pm »
Of course, of course. And the nice thing is, short of Claire, I can just strip down to the undershirt and still be in character. And I come from Colorado, lol, I'm good with dealing with heat. My home con was always in September too.
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Unwritten Rules of Con Going! What are Yours?
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 09:53:45 am »
I like these rules, myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maOk2inUjLg

Note: there's a little bit of swearing, but not too much.  (Three, I think)

Simply put...
Rule one - NO SMOKING!
Rule two - Have ID (drink resposibly) (no underage drinking)
Rule three - No weapons (NO GIANT MONSTERS)
Rule four - SHOWER!!!
Rule five - No drugs
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 12:24:14 pm »
RULE ONE: Just because someone is dressed as your waifu/husbando, does not mean that they are your waifu/husbando. Odds are you do not know that person, so just going right up to them and treating them as such is going to get you some very painful results.

RULE TWO: Try not to stare at people. If they notice it's really, really creepy and some people might run and go tell someone in their group that happens to compete in bodybuilding competitions and that will not end well for you.

RULE THREE: Card 'em first.

RULE FOUR: The game is over. If you tell me I lost the game you are a Poozer. If you get the reference you're still a Poozer.

I could probably think of more, but they would all involve swearing and rage so I won't.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2010, 12:49:13 pm »
Rule One: Unless you have jurisdiction to order me around, don't order me around!  (This is more of a staffer-to-staffer rule, but I feel it's important enough to point out).

Rule Two: Sacrifice a maiden (virginity in tact optional) to Haruhi once at the beginning of each con day.  The sacrificing shall be taken care of by three members of Con staff, and will be done in public.  (Because Haruhi finds more humor with more wittnesses).

Rule Three: Feed me.

Rule Four: Twilight is BANNED!!!  FOREVER!!!

Rule Five: Make at least one bid in the Charity Auction, whether you hope to get something or not.  Participation is part of what makes the event meaningful.  (That, and it's for a good cause).

Rule Six: Feed me again.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:17:52 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 02:28:48 pm »
Speaking of sweating.....

I always make sure to wear a tank top and shorts (if costume had a skirt) under my cosplay. It really doesn't make that much of a difference as far as warmth and that way you have fabric between your body and your cosplay.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2010, 02:32:31 pm »
I've just merged the thread "The Unwritten Rules of Con Going! What are Yours?" into this one, since they were so similar.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2010, 03:10:02 pm »
Thanks Jeff
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2009-2010 Kumoricon Staff
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2010, 04:01:18 am »
My only personal rules are...
- The age of consent is Oregon is 18, not 16.
- It's not assault unless they scream no.
- Bros before Hoes.
and my personal favorite...
- You can't abuse alcohol, but alcohol can abuse you.

Cheers!
LOL............  They are so cute however no touchy

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2010, 11:07:52 am »
On the subject of stincky people. I volunteered at Scream at the Beach for a few years and we always had 1 to 2 people who didn't bath before coming to scare the pants off of people. This was a problem because scaring people turns out to be quite the workout and so while scaring people they'd also severely offend the customers with their scent and we get complaints. So one of our lovely lady directors decided to have a person walk around with a large bottle of fabreeze. I wish we could do that T^T It works wonders when you go up to someone with a bad odor and spray them with fabreeze...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:08:25 am by snowshoedtiger »
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline Hawk_Gyrl

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2010, 02:05:49 pm »
1. stepping inside the con space does not make you Japanese
2. stepping inside the con space does not make you immature, that is just you so stop
3. stepping inside the con space does not make you cool
4. stepping inside the con space does not make you popular
5. getting a glomp does not mean you are the best cosplayer ever
6. getting a glomp does not mean you are going to get raped
7. getting a glomp does not mean you should return flying glomps to everyone, from behind
8. stop being a child and act your age! (unless you are a child... then act older!)
 ;)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2010, 06:13:59 pm »
@snowshoedtiger -  That's mean, I hate fabreeze.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2010, 11:15:49 pm »
On the subject of stincky people. I volunteered at Scream at the Beach for a few years and we always had 1 to 2 people who didn't bath before coming to scare the pants off of people. This was a problem because scaring people turns out to be quite the workout and so while scaring people they'd also severely offend the customers with their scent and we get complaints. So one of our lovely lady directors decided to have a person walk around with a large bottle of fabreeze. I wish we could do that T^T It works wonders when you go up to someone with a bad odor and spray them with fabreeze...

That's a good idea.  I used to threaten smokers I worked with at Taco Bell with that.  btw It's FeBreze.  no "a"'s.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:16:51 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline storkparanoia

• Cabbit
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2010, 01:13:34 am »
stay hydrated
nap when ever you can
eat often (carry snakes and water on you so if you have down time you can revamp)
drink caffeine when ever you can to keep awake
eat lots of sugar (but don't over do it)
be polite
empty viewing rooms are you friend, lay down when you can and rest your feet
know your limit, there may be a point when you've had enough and you need to take a break
pre-register, and pick up info night before so you can plan your day.  i use a highlighter so mark things i want to see or do so i where i need to be

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2010, 11:19:32 am »
Hey folks I just saw this subject and thought this is an awesome idea. Here's a short cut to a blog post of mine on some rules I have and you should too that'll help keep you safe.

http://scififantasyanimeman.wordpress.com/2009/08/15/how-to-stay-safe-at-a-convention/
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2010, 11:47:20 am »
stay hydrated
nap when ever you can
eat often (carry snakes and water on you so if you have down time you can revamp)
drink caffeine when ever you can to keep awake
eat lots of sugar (but don't over do it)
be polite
empty viewing rooms are you friend, lay down when you can and rest your feet
know your limit, there may be a point when you've had enough and you need to take a break
pre-register, and pick up info night before so you can plan your day.  i use a highlighter so mark things i want to see or do so i where i need to be

Unless you are a vampire, I believe we are suppose to carry snacks and water with us to re-energize ourselves.

Offline MamaKat

• Cabbit
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2010, 09:31:15 pm »
Follow the 6-2-1 Rule

6 hours of sleep a day. I know this sounds impossible, but even if it is in small blocks, 6 hours out of 24 is a must to stay healty, and moderately sane, during the con

2 decent meals a day. A meal does not consist of pocky and a Ramune! I mean real food, something with protein in it, veggies, and complex carbs. Also, orange juice can be a life saver. 

1 shower a day! Really, shower, please. If you don't have a room, borrow a friends key and take a quick shower, using soap. Then put on deodorant. (Foamy's rules for A-Kon is a must see, google it or surf over to You Tube).

So Remember 6-2-1 For Kumoricon Fun! ;D

MamaKat
Kumoricon Nurse 2009, 2008, 2005, 2004

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2010, 09:49:40 pm »
Aww mamakat, you know I think I would do a 10-5-2 if I had a hotel.  You should take naps on peoples laps when you are a bit out of energy (even if the staff don't want you too, hehe).  If you run around a lot you are going to need lots of food and at a shorter intervals.  Bathing is your friend when you are in a room with 300+ people all dressed up in warm layered (or furry) clothing and all exited, they even have a pool that you can have fun in.  Swimming is not a substitute for a bath, however. 

Sadly I'll be traveling to and from the con so it might be more like your 6~2.5~1.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 03:49:20 pm »
Follow the 6-2-1 Rule

6 hours of sleep a day. I know this sounds impossible, but even if it is in small blocks, 6 hours out of 24 is a must to stay healty, and moderately sane, during the con

2 decent meals a day. A meal does not consist of pocky and a Ramune! I mean real food, something with protein in it, veggies, and complex carbs. Also, orange juice can be a life saver. 

1 shower a day! Really, shower, please. If you don't have a room, borrow a friends key and take a quick shower, using soap. Then put on deodorant. (Foamy's rules for A-Kon is a must see, google it or surf over to You Tube).

So Remember 6-2-1 For Kumoricon Fun! ;D

MamaKat

Would think that the 2 should be showers and the 1 should be an awesome big meal.  Then again, that's kind of the way that Jews used to live; a big breakfast and some small meals during the rest of the day.