Author Topic: So how bout that Bleach movie  (Read 3715 times)

Offline ebasilio

• Cabbit
So how bout that Bleach movie
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:42:29 pm »
So besides the fact that there could be a potential live-action film of Akira there might be a live-action film of Bleach. I don't know if I should be excited or not.It would be cool to see a live action adaptation but can they pull it off?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/22/warner-bros-is-bringing-the-manga-bleach-to-the-big-screen/
Cause we know how to party man, that's why they call us Boston tea

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
Re: So how bout that Bleach movie
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:35:20 pm »
I dont think Bleach started out very well. It got better afterwards. Plus they did well with Harry Potter and other movies that I liked.

But I dont think Bleach deserves to be a Live Action movie just yet.

Offline kagekara

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 12:46:22 pm »
So besides the fact that there could be a potential live-action film of Akira there might be a live-action film of Bleach. I don't know if I should be excited or not.It would be cool to see a live action adaptation but can they pull it off?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/22/warner-bros-is-bringing-the-manga-bleach-to-the-big-screen/

Hollywood's track record sucks; I'm not hopeful that this will be done well, although, sucker that I am, I'll go to every live action they make except DBZ. I'm still crying about the casting of Keanu as Vash the Stampede; so wrong, so very wrong! But that movie isn't listed under Reeves's current projects, so maybe Fox dropped it... although IMDB still shows it as "in development."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:49:38 pm by kagekara »
2009, 2010 - Staff
2007, 2008, 2009 - Go (baduk, weiqi) workshop

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:01:19 pm »
I'm excited~
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline oceanrabbits

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:54:59 pm »
I think they'd be able to pull it off. A live action movie sounds like a real thriller. I just hope it doesn't get killed like that Dragon Ball movie...I'm sure Bleach will be 10 times better, it's a good reason to be excited!

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 03:31:54 pm »
how will they pull off the fight scenes, where if you are cut on the shoulder blood spurts upward; defying gravity. human anatomy begs to differ.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 06:59:09 pm »
:OOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline cloud-9

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 08:53:17 pm »
plus gigai will be near impossible to replicate unless some caracters have identicle twins.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 12:53:20 pm »
plus gigai will be near impossible to replicate unless some caracters have identicle twins.
Not particularly. That can easily be done with computer animation. There are many movies lately that have such effects.

Anyhow, I think a Bleach live-action movie might be interesting... But I'm not holding my breath on it. The last few live-action anime adaptions have been pretty darn crappy (the latest DragonBall movie was a real nightmare), but if it's done well it could work.
'Course, I'm still looking forward to the Metal Gear Solid movie. And the live-action Robotech movie. Though I haven't heard much about either of them lately...

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)