Author Topic: 2012 End of the World ? What do u think LOL  (Read 5075 times)

Offline KiraTOD

• Cabbit
2012 End of the World ? What do u think LOL
« on: March 20, 2010, 08:39:06 am »
First I dont beleave in the fact that the world is going to end in 2012 because of god or the poles switching or any of the other billons of reasons people think are going to happen. But i happen to jump on the comp this morning and at MSN's webpage there was news about a LHC(world's largest atom smasher) in europe making 3.5 Tev. I really dont know much about this stuff but the fact that they want to get 7 Tev(On par with big bang energy i think) in "2012" and the fact that they have other sicentists saying that there might be a possiblilty of a black hole opening and destroying the world if something goes wrong LOL(Which in the article it says that the LHC has been plauged with disaster). If the world were to end thats the way i think it would go lol(Opps i pressed the wrong button :P). Also srry for the bad spelling lol im in a hurry to get to work :P

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2012 End of the World ? What do u think LOL
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:29:00 am »
Please keep in mind that the number of scientists who said there'll be a black hole is really small compared to scientist who say nothing will happen.  They also said their would be one a year ago during the first testing and look where we are now.

To quote a poll I once saw on Deviantart, I believe in 2012.  And 2013, and 2014, and 2015.....

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 12:09:09 pm »
If people think that it the end will be in 2012 then it wont happen.

According to THE BIBLE.

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 01:27:14 pm »
No fear!  ;D
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 10:42:12 pm »
I saw a special on Fox news and Sy-Fy concerning the 2012 myth about the end of the world. And i say hey they were saying that the year 2000 was going to be the end of the world and as you can see we're still here. So I'd say all things considered the 2012 end of the world theory is nonsense. That is unl;ess someone is stupuid enopugh to start a nuclear war of some kind...SO EVERYONE KEEP YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS!
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 11:47:29 pm »

According to THE BIBLE.
Where does it say in the Bible "the world will not end in 2012"? Bible Codes notwithstanding.

I think Nostradamus, the Mayan calendar thing, etc. are all poppycock.

EDIT: As for the LHC thing, any black holes created would collapse due to Hawking Radiation anyways.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:20:02 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 08:39:03 pm »
First I dont beleave in the fact that the world is going to end in 2012 because of god or the poles switching or any of the other billons of reasons people think are going to happen. But i happen to jump on the comp this morning and at MSN's webpage there was news about a LHC(world's largest atom smasher) in europe making 3.5 Tev. I really dont know much about this stuff but the fact that they want to get 7 Tev(On par with big bang energy i think) in "2012" and the fact that they have other sicentists saying that there might be a possiblilty of a black hole opening and destroying the world if something goes wrong LOL(Which in the article it says that the LHC has been plauged with disaster). If the world were to end thats the way i think it would go lol(Opps i pressed the wrong button :P). Also srry for the bad spelling lol im in a hurry to get to work :P

1. One thousand power plants produce that amount on a continuous basis. The 1 TeV used in the LHC is for only a brief flicker of time. Otherwise Europe would go dark every time they started it up!

2. Black Holes evaporate. But that because of the anti-matter that occurs naturally in vacuum. And if they somehow did, I think  we would use it instead of bothering to try to make a successful fusion power plant. Meaning If there was something to worry, I'd let you know.

Too bad the book Physics for Future Presidents did not discuss the LHC. Maybe he thought that much about it???
Have Fun

Jay

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:17:48 pm »

According to THE BIBLE.
Where does it say in the Bible "the world will not end in 2012"? Bible Codes notwithstanding.

EDIT: As for the LHC thing, any black holes created would collapse due to Hawking Radiation anyways.

No. I just remember reading that if you think that the world will end in any period of time it wont happen in that period of time. Not specificly 2012.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 10:16:26 pm »

According to THE BIBLE.

No. I just remember reading that if you think that the world will end in any period of time it wont happen in that period of time. Not specificly 2012.
I was raised in a Christian family and sorry the Bible says nothing like that. The Bible stats that the end will come like a thief in the night. meaning we have no idea when it will happen

China bound!!!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 10:44:33 pm »
^ exactly. Thats what Im trying to say but it also says that if we all assume its going to be a specific period of time it wont happen. And thats why we will never know when it happens..

I read that part with the paster one day.  It didnt day it exactly like that of course.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:23:12 am »
^ exactly. Thats what Im trying to say but it also says that if we all assume its going to be a specific period of time it wont happen. And thats why we will never know when it happens..

I read that part with the paster one day.  It didnt day it exactly like that of course.
Not necessarily. It just means it doesn't matter. If I say one dice will roll a six, that doesn't change the probability of rolling a six.

Also, there are a lot of different pastors a lot of different denominations, and a lot of ways to interpret the Bible. For example, the priest at my church says Revelations is just a ton of metaphors and we shouldn't get into a tizzy about it. It really just depends.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 12:35:25 am »
who cares when the hell the world ends when it ends it ends

China bound!!!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 07:04:09 am »
I have a feeling that December 21, 2012 is gonna be a really interesting day, regardless of if the world ends or not. xDD

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 11:12:44 am »
I'm more worried about the suicides then anything else, gah: people will believe it and try to end it quickly first.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 11:30:28 am »
In 2012 people will be doing the most craziest things. My friends and I at school were all talking about.

People will be jumping off sky scrapers and a whole bunch of crap will be happening.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »
I have a feeling that December 21, 2012 is gonna be a really interesting day, regardless of if the world ends or not. xDD
I'm gonna disagree with you.  I think December 22nd will be really interesting.  If not it will involve a lot of finger pointing and laughing.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 03:59:11 pm »
In 2012 people will be doing the most craziest things. My friends and I at school were all talking about.

People will be jumping off sky scrapers and a whole bunch of crap will be happening.

2012 = population control..?
What exactly IS the Mayan year for 2012. Obviously their calender isn't going to say "2012" on it.
I thought the Mayan calender ended there because of the inaccuracies of future dates. I don't know how they would have known that the Earth's orbiting period around the sun is actually 365.25 days. And if their calender is based on a daily time scale (rather than dates and years), they would've had to know that it actually takes 23 hours and 56 minutes (not 24 hours) to make their calender eternally accurate. Not accounting for those 4 minutes, or perhaps the extra 6 hours (or both), might throw the calender off after all the years. We just happen to live during the time period that saw a more efficient way of keeping track of time, but some people prefer to stay blind to it. Or on the other hand, I could be completely wrong (and a little hypocritical since I can't recall the Mayan calender at this moment.)

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 05:47:15 pm »
Well, i personally DON'T think the world will end in 2012.
And to be honest, no one ON THIS WORLD will know, only God does. (at least, thats what i believe)

And also, let's say the world was going to end, would we count it down like we do to new years? Would we stay up all night and wait for it to happen? That's just baloney.

And about the meteors crashing thing, it WILL HAPPEN. The earth WILL be struck by a meteor some day, but not any time soon according to astronomers and other scientists. And the world has been predicted to end countless of times and none of them has come true so i don't think I or anyone else has anything to worry about

[EDIT]: The Mayan calendar DOES NOT WHATSOEVER say the world will end. It's just the renewing of a new cycle, aka: The end of the calendar. I mean, our calendar ends every year, and has the world? No.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:49:19 pm by agpgirl »
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 07:10:35 pm »
I ll tell you what it this is about , it has been too long since y2k and people need some thing to worry about
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »
if you want something to worry about look up nostrodamis and his predicitons. hes scary acurate
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 08:24:12 pm »
Didn't he have something for 2012, something like a nuclear holocaust? But the end was for 2037???
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 02:28:20 am »
I think... that if it doesn't, not like we can do anything about it.
And if it does... I'll just be glad I'll be legal drinking age by then so I can get wasted. xD

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:59 am »
Nostradomis person is scary....All of his predictions so far actually happened right.?

0_0   ooowooooowoooo..

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 01:54:19 pm »
Nostradomis person is scary....All of his predictions so far actually happened right.?

0_0   ooowooooowoooo..
It really depends on how you look at his predictions.  Lots of his predictions are vague-ish and can be interpreted in more than one way.  I think I've heard some of his predictions being compared to multiple big events with people thinking, "THIS is what he meant."
(Not sure how well I wrote that but I meant "1 predicition applied to multiple, unrelated events," not "1 prediction applied to a series of connected events.")

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 03:59:05 pm »
i just want to get thru 2011 first

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 12:44:49 am »
I think the cultures that believe something astronomical will lead to our planet's destruction calculated something that they didn't understand and interpreted it as our destruction.  No different than interpreting things on our planet & associating them with doom or whatever.  I'm not convinced.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 10:49:45 am »
i just want to get thru 2011 first
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 07:41:28 pm »
Oh so now it's down to a specific date?
12/21/12 ???

I'm so behind on this xD

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 08:36:33 pm »
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 09:43:07 pm »
COOKIE PARTY ON END OF THE WORLD DAY AT MY HOUSE!!!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 11:34:14 pm »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 11:42:55 pm »
COOKIE PARTY ON END OF THE WORLD DAY AT MY HOUSE!!!

I'm up for that! lol