Author Topic: And now I'm back, from outer space...!  (Read 6566 times)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
And now I'm back, from outer space...!
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:20:53 am »
Hullo, goslings!   ;D

I feel it is only fair to inform those of you who still remember that FilkAeris girl...that she will be moving back from Japan to northern California this August, and will hopefully be able to attend Kumoricon for the first time since 2006.

So.  Save me a blanket at the Bedtime Stories, ladies and gents.  Have I got some stories for you.   ;)

-FilkAeris

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: And now I'm back, from outer space...!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:25:39 am »
WOOHOO!!!!
And my convention year is officially made!!!!
*loves*
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 05:56:47 am »
Aww!  I'm looking forward to seeing you, too, Rem!  <3  Gotta hear how the years have treated you--hopefully, very well!

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:22:24 pm »
Well I guess I won't have to ask Kayla if you're back yet anymore! :)
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:33:58 pm »
yay!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kitsunehi

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 06:41:24 pm »
Yay!  Welcome back; it will be good to bring some of your spark back into the room!  :)

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:46:38 pm »
OMG yay I am so happy I want to meet you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 06:48:51 pm »
So did you want to run any panels in the Creation Station this year? There's still a smidge of time....If you could get anything to me and programming@kumoricon.org by Monday, I'm up for absolutely anything you'd want to run, ever!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 10:02:15 pm »
I am happy that you are well

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 08:16:37 am »
So did you want to run any panels in the Creation Station this year? There's still a smidge of time....If you could get anything to me and programming@kumoricon.org by Monday, I'm up for absolutely anything you'd want to run, ever!

Aw, cripes.  That's so tempting, but I shouldn't really make plans until I know what my housing situation will be like at grad school and when I'll be at the con.

Er...I'd be glad to help run anything you need an extra hand with, and a big part of me wants to nab time to do an expose panel on Japanese cosplay, but...I really don't want to put you guys to a lot of trouble when there's still the possibility of me backing out and leaving an empty spot.  Would there at least be a chance for me to filk a little at the Station?  I've got some new songs going.   ;D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 12:37:27 pm »
Absolutely. I need your contact info to fill out panel forms for you by proxy (if that's what you want). What I can do for now is fill out a panel form that I'll call "Filk Follies". I'll embed it into Fanfic Bedtime Stories/Fanfic Theatre; likely I'll set it as the first half-hour in that chain (unless your content is nc-17, in which case it'll be the first 1/2-hr of Adult FFBS). Do you want to run a how-to mini on writing filk? (1/2-hr panel). We could add that, as well. Please PM me your current email, phone #, & snail addy. Thanks! Love you! You've made my day! Call/text:(541)606-0318.CS has a new "Cosplay Photography" panel; if you want to run your cosplay topic, we can put it before or after that. Just let me know.
(edit) Here's what I just submitted:
Event/ panel Filk Follies
Event Description:  Filks, new lyrics to old tunes, are fun, flirty & fabulous. Especially as penned & performed by founding KC performer & Creation Station co-founder FilkAeris. Welcome her home from Japan as she graces us with her new filks. Then spice up our evening with your own, pre-written or improvised filks! Songfics are also welcome, especially if you sing them & invite the audience to sing along!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:18:14 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 05:32:56 pm »
That sounds like a good compromise, since if something goes wrong in the planning stages and I can't make it, you could easily revert it to plain old (ha! unlikely!) Bedtime Stories.  Half an hour sounds manageable.

(For a little context, I'm going to be leaving Japan on the 3rd of August, flying straight to Tennessee to meet my boyfriend's (huge) family, a week later flying from there to Seattle to see my family and unpack/sort/store/U-Haul/mail my things down to California, driving down to California around the 20th, moving into a new home, and starting my orientation at grad school on the 23rd.  I don't want to come off as a flake by refusing to completely commit, it's just going to be a month of unadulterated crazy is all, and I don't want to inconvenience folks by signing up for a bunch of stuff and then falling on my face just short of the finish line.)

That said, I'm going to do my absolute best to be there.  For a half-hour filk panel, maybe I could do just three songs, a little talk about the writing process, then brainstorm ideas with the attendees for a simple group-written filk to a well-known song?  If there's a whiteboard, we could write the filk on it as we go, then all sing it together at the end.

The cosplay idea is something I've wanted to do ever since I started attending Japanese conventions.  Both sides of the Pacific have overinflated ideas of the other side's expertise, treat foreign cosplayers like rock stars when they show up at domestic cons, and harbor a bit of an inferiority complex about their own stuff--it's interesting.  There are also a lot of freedoms that American cosplayers take for granted in our daily antics.  It might be better to wait until Sakuracon or similar, just to be sure I could pull it off, but I've been snapping enough photos of cosplayers and shops out here that I think I could do a pretty good slideshow presentation at some point.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 12:40:35 pm »
I'm glad you like what I came up with, & I specifically envisioned it as including an open mic & songfics, so that you would feel honored if you could make it, yet not boxed in (or that would couldn't run it), if you couldn't. Your schedule is epic, oy vey! Good luck with all that! What will be your major in grad school? I will try to be sure we have a white board. If not, someone could type & words could be projected onto a wall, or we might have a newsprint flip chart or something. If you end up unable to be there, you could send us a video of you performing & we could play that for everyone!
I would love to see you bring your cosplay comparison panel to fruition, as well. If you decide to offer that, we could probably squeeze it in somewhere on the CS schedule & just note it on the wall at the con, & announce it at Info, etc., & on the forums. Or if you become able to confirm attendance, we could toss it on the schedule. (That being a topic on which I would lack an alternate presenter, I might not toss it on the schedule without your confirmation.) And don't forget to enter the Fanfic contest (which you can enter even if not there in person). If you do grace us,  have a fic or ten on hand to perform at FFBS! Luv u! Rem.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 08:26:22 pm »
Hail and greetings FilkAeris I am Animeman73. And I look forward to seing you at Kumoricon Bedtime stories this year.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:51:07 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:01:30 pm »
It looks like, as of right now, Filk Follies is at 10 pm on Sunday, followed immediately by Fanfic Bedtime Stories. Please let me know if that works for you.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »
So what's the word, Songbird?
Making it to con?
Sending in fics for our contest, to fanficcontest@kumoricon.org?
Please say yes to both!