Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 382337 times)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 03:40:25 pm »
Are you guys doing Avatar for '10? (If so I'll probably drop something and do that instead. Because it's awesome.)
I was thinking maybe Fire-Nation Aang since I already look like a twelve-year-old boy... I would rather do Zuko but I'm short.

...yeah now that I think about it I'll probably wait on Riku. The type of fabric I'd need is so expensive (not to mention the complexity of the pattern) that I'd like more experience before I attempt it. (and also the group/fandom. enough said.)

Also I really gotta crack down and work on the chainmail and my surcoat... but I'm almost out of rings and SCA ran out of wire. I might have to run down to the hardware store this weekend. I'll finish up what I have today.

What do you guys think about starting succession in September? That way we'll have the most time to work on them but I don't know where everyone else will be in terms of money. (maybe we can at least get the patterns drafted...)
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 05:38:45 pm »
DOOO AAAAANNGG

ignoring the fact Jet is dead by the time theyre in Fire Nation but whateeevverr.

You could also expirement with bald caps... because ive yet to see a decent one, and I feel between all of us it could be awesome.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2010, 06:25:14 pm »
None of my Sokka outfits are Fire Nation, but I don't really care about mixing timelines since we'll already have ghost!Jet if ya'll do a Fire Nation group. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 06:45:34 pm »
If we do a Fire Nation group.
If I ever find the money to do Toph after doing Smellerbee. xP
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »
I was going to do fire nation anyway, if I do Aang.
I'm still undecided.

...hey if the people with woman hips can cosplay guys I should be able to cosplay taller people. (a lot of crossplayers are still obviously female..... I hate being short. D8 )
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 03:32:39 am »
I was going to do fire nation anyway, if I do Aang.
I'm still undecided.

...hey if the people with woman hips can cosplay guys I should be able to cosplay taller people. (a lot of crossplayers are still obviously female..... I hate being short. D8 )

There is a cure for shortness and it is called HEELS~

Oh man you guys I need to watch more Avatar, I have like no idea what you guys are talking about :|

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 10:32:27 am »
I want to watch it all again. 8|

I can't walk in them, and it wouldn't help anyway because I am cosplaying MEN. Also they're bad for your feet. (if I can't walk in them under the best of circumstances I'm not going to wear them in a situation where I have to walk around all day. besides I'd feel stupid if I wore them.)

You guys should find out for sure if your Zuko is coming.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:38:38 am by Felix »

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2010, 04:18:31 pm »
I want to watch it all again. 8|

I can't walk in them, and it wouldn't help anyway because I am cosplaying MEN. Also they're bad for your feet. (if I can't walk in them under the best of circumstances I'm not going to wear them in a situation where I have to walk around all day. besides I'd feel stupid if I wore them.)

You guys should find out for sure if your Zuko is coming.

Heels are really only bad for your feet if you're wearing really tall, spindly heels every day for, like, years. Wearing them for a day or so here and there isn't going to kill you. xD And actually heels can be comfortable. Maybe not six-inch heels, but I wear 2-3 inch ones and can barely even feel I'm wearing them. Plus they don't have to be stilettos or something like that, you can be in thicker heels that will be both more stable and less noticeable. (though Aang in heels would admittedly be pretty hysterical)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2010, 06:12:18 pm »
Have you seen the episode where they go to a performance about themselves in the fire nation? Aang is played by a woman. And Toph is a huge muscular man.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2010, 07:42:59 pm »
The only episodes I've seen were from the first season :/ I used to watch it a lot back then, but that was a long time ago and I've forgotten stuff...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
Japanese cosplayers are notorious for their RIDICULOUS HEELS with everything. XD

That episode is hilarious~. I wanna get some muscle on me for Toph just because of that. And because I have nooodle arms.

I know I've been all confusing about this, but I am actually doing Toph and Smellerbee is a maybe-but-really-probably-no. And I just got all of Toph! Except her little headpuffs. But I have the pattern and the fabric.

There was an Incident at Joann's. Of the ageist, superior variety. There was also a bit about how easy it is to make wigs. From someone who didn't know what wefting was. That got them a "Wow, okay. That's cool. :/"
OPERATION TEETH IN THROAT GO
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2010, 10:13:32 pm »
@Felix: Its really hard to say if our Zuko is coming because I've yet to fully convince them to be my Zuko lolol ... Im trying though. I will be very sad if we end up lacking Zuko.

I was going to say something else... oh well. thats what editing is for.

@Malaria: IGNORE THAT WOMAN. we are done with this. Freedom Fignter's are over her and her ignorance and elistism. ...its what the blasting jelly is for.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2010, 02:06:53 am »
-eagerly volunteers-
I know I'd make a better Aang but Zuko's probably my favourite character. (despite his silly haircut in season one.) And his costume is simpler/less obnoxiously layered.

I've seen platform boots but not heels. (maybe I should get some of those...)

STUPID PEOPLE SUCK DON'T LET THEM FORCE YOU TO KILL THEM.
...but fantasizing about killing them is perfectly acceptable.
Do I really want to know what the 'incident' was?

speaking of wigs, someone in the cosplay club found an epic wig tutorial by someone who MAKES HER OWN WIGS. As in FROM SCRATCH. I'll share as soon as they post the link. (it's looking like I may need to do something like this....)

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2010, 11:32:52 am »
@Felix: lololol well, if your willing to do teashop zuko..and dont mind me as Jet being creeper on you, then I dont see why not XDD Because I totally will....

and the incident was... well. This middle age woman overheard us talking about toph wig and she was like "well you could make it from scratch, my friend made a marie antoinette wig from scratch blah blah blah and then she was like "so what are you making?" we said toph from avatar and she gave us this HORRIBLE look like "really?really?" and blinked at us like we were retarded and then said "so your like what, 16? 15?" and it was just ridiculously insulting and valeria and I both were about to lunge at her and wipe that expression off of her face. UGH. pissed us off so badly.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2010, 11:37:33 am »
FELIX BE REGULAR AANG
LET US EXPERIMENT ON YOUR HEAD WITH BALD CAPS AND LIQUID LATEX
Please allow me to expand my extremely meager skillset. XD

A lot of taller heels come with toe platforms so your foot isn't standing vertically.

It's not even worth the brainpower. It just happens to me semi-regularly, and I resentresentresent. My life would probably be better if I was more of a laidback dude.

oh man I don't think I can handle the idea of sewing in all those individual hairs. Just. Ow. @@

Edit: This made me giggle: http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee277/detests_sleep/DocWorth-theyoungdoyler.jpg
Are you read to get your creep on, Jaqua~? XDDD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:41:02 am by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2010, 12:07:12 pm »
Dude Jaqua excels at being creepy.

ugh. intolerance fail. that would probably have made me angry, and I'm usually a laid-back dude.

Also guess what I'VE ACTUALLY BEEN WORKING ON MY COSPLAY. 8D I started making the surcoat... finally. (dude I love working in the costume shop because I can use all their awesome stuff when there's no classes in there.)

@Valeria: nope, sorry. xD (plus I have too much hair. even though it's short my head would be hugely mega-lumpy because it's insanely thick.)

Hmmm. I'll make up my mind when I'm closer to finishing teuton. Somehow I think it would work better if I finished one thing before starting the next so I don't wind up with three half-finished costumes when k-con comes around. xD; Speaking of which, I've got to head into town and see if I can find the hardware store. Because teuton shouldn't take that long aside from the whole chainmail thing.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 01:47:43 pm »
@Felix: -eagerly awaits your official decision-

Hahaha I have Jet's undershirt like..almost ready to sew, but I effed up my left chest muscles/cartilege and its pretty much made it painful to do anything lolol. -just ran after the max,oops- Breathing is fuuuuuunnnnnn ahahahahaha -refuses to take any sort of pain med-
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 10:13:06 pm »
Hahaha, I'm totally the same... I have to be in a massive mount of pain before I'll resort to meds. (but luckily I don't have to take very strong/hardcore ones... I can take children's medicine.)

Also, here is that wig tutorial I said I'd post. I am very tempted to make my own wigs now. Just because I love torturing myself.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06:07 pm »
@Felix: Yeeahh.. see, even when I do take meds, they dont work, I have to take like double the dose.Same for anesthesia etc, doctors hate me lolol

Ooh Ive seen that tutorial before! I think its the one i used when I was trying to make an Axel Wig once
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 04:54:26 pm »
@Malaria: When we are Worth and Connie I am going to creep all over you. I hope you're ready for it. (WORTH BEING IN THE COMIC RECENTLY MAKES ME SO HAPPY EEEEEE) (now I just need more Veser and my life is complete)

@Hashi: We are so the same, pain meds do NOTHING to me. Except vicodin, it kind of makes me weird but doesn't take away any of my pain. :/

I would like to make my own wigs but I'm pretty sure I'd start, get a third of the way done, then be like "**** this i'm bored" and never finish it.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »
I am used to being creeped on. It's my lot in cosplay-life.
EXCEPT TOPH. TOPH TOPH TOPH.

pain meds are total fail for me too. I am exactly the same with Vicodin!
I have these crazy herbal pain meds and all they do is kick up my liver function so I briefly have more energy. I use them like caffeine pills. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2010, 09:16:11 pm »
Caffeine does absolutely nothing for me. I remember when I was a kid my mother wouldn't let me eat chocolate before bed because she thought it would keep me up. Obviously she was wrong. (seriously wtf - chocolate doesn't have much caffeine at all.) this is further proof that my mother is weird.
but I guess I have a really low tolerance for pain meds. I just don't take them because I'm not that big a pansy and I'm rarely hurt enough to justify them.

Hahaha, if someone tried to creep on Toph she'd beat them up.
This time I'll probably be the one who gets creeped on... BUT HEY I'VE KNOWN JAQUA MOST OF MY LIFE I'M USED TO IT BY NOW.

are we probably doing hanna next year? It'd be pretty easy since it's mostly buying things... it'd be a good thing to do the same year as Succession.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2010, 09:52:27 pm »
Yeah, caffeine has never affected me either. I have a friend who can't even drink soda because caffeine affects her so strongly and I think it's the most bizarre thing ever. But then I could guzzle energy drinks all day and not even feel it, so.

I think the plan with Hanna right now is just to make the costumes at some point then have a mini photoshoot, and find a con for them later... Though if I have a vacancy for Kcon 2011 I'd be up for it. I also just want to make that shark hoodie regardless. Because Veser is totally awesome. And like my favorite character. With Doc. And Zombie. And Conrad. And Toni. And everyone.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2010, 10:49:55 pm »
This seems to be the plan with most of our cosplays. Make and find room for later. XD
I really wanna make my vague conception of Connie. I'm thinking I wanna put a variation on his white artfag jumpsuit thing. Like, turn it into a jumper and put on some black tights under it.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2010, 11:00:01 pm »
Jumper as in....? Because that makes me think of sweaters.

My aunt can't eat chocolate within several hours of going to bed. And all of the tea in the entire house is decaf. Even though it doesn't affect me, I ... like the way it tastes. Is that weird?

Between Succession and probably studying abroad that summer I'll need my other costumes to be easier. Even if you guys end up being full I might do him anyway...

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:47 pm »

That one? (that's the only image of it i have and i'm too lazy to go back and find a better one fff) Because that would be insaaaaanely cute. For Worth I'm thinking I'd just have his white fluffy jacket with like... a black pencil skirt underneath and a collared shirt. Kinda doctor-y, but I'd make it kinda sleazy and dirty too to look more like him. Or something. And then black boots.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2010, 02:13:52 pm »
Yeees! That outfit!

I was trying to post what I meant last night, but my net died. ._.
Anyway, when I say jumper I mean this adjusted to kind of resemble Conrad's clothes... thing.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2010, 03:06:34 pm »
We're going to have to make you really super pale and put lots of bronzer on me so we look like a vampire and a not-vampire :|
Also, I really wish we were closer to California so we could go to AX in our Hanna outfits. Because Tessa is going to be there and meeting her would be awesome, but meeting her in her own characters' (adapted) outfits would be super awesome.
But that would be so cute! I think all of Conrad's outfits are artsy enough to look cute on either gender. Which is cool since he wears pretty cute stuff. As far as boys' clothes go.

... I almost wish I wasn't so freaky pale so that I could go as either Toni or Casimiro, because they are both totally awesome. (plus also then maybe I would make a more accurate Katara :|)

Also, today's WORD OF THE DAY is AWESOME. Used in a sentence: The word awesome is an awesome word! 8D

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2010, 03:30:45 pm »
I wanna run experiments using Yagi's white Kryalon to see if I can make myself paler without having to cake on whiteface makeup. Because that's gross. I'm also tempted to do a lower collar on the black shirt so I can do the makeup for the unhealed fang marks.
Oh! And I'll need to get one of those fang molding kits. Yay for Connie's one fang.

I think his clothes would work for either gender, but I'd also feel stupid if I made his normal outfit and called it genderbent. So it's getting a skirt!

I was wandering through threads on the Sak forums and someone mentioned Bare Minerals for a bronzing powder. I know Yagi and Hashi were working on using normal foundation to get darker skin for Sokka and Jet, too.

Oh man I wanna go to AX and see Tessa. @@ And possibly collect some free buttons.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2010, 05:45:31 pm »
Ohhhhhhhhh, unhealed fang marks! If I want to make myself paler I use use white setting powder over pale foundation, since it tends to look more naturally pale than just white. I've never heard of Kryalon, though.
I was in Dracula my junior year and for fangs we used acrylic nails. Sounds weird, but they looked amazing. You mix the acrylic and stick a blob of it on the back of a fake nail (which you cut into a fang shape beforehand, and since they're curved they look pretty natural), then stick it on your tooth and when it hardens it looks awesome. Then your mouth tastes like acetone.

Yeah, I'll have to start looking into that too. Faking darker skin with bronzer is pretty easy, but it makes your face feel weird :| But then I just hate hate hate powder foundation, since you actually feel it when you're wearing it. And if you can feel your makeup you're doing it wrong. Which according to that logic means I'm probably doing it wrong. But oh well.

I KNOW FREE BUTTONSSSSSSS. Plus I just really want to go to AX. And Tessa being there would make me glee forever.

This whole post was just a basket of ramble

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2010, 05:51:59 pm »
WHERE/WHEN IS AX? because if it's during school you guys should totally come through Ashland... you could even stay in my room. 8D

dude ramblebasket is the purpose of the PoSms thread.

Hey Malaria if you find a good fang kit you should tell me, cause I'm gonna need it for Veser. it'd be nice if it was reuseable and easy to put in, so I wouldn't have to spend ages on it every time I wore the costume....

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2010, 08:29:51 pm »
AX is July 1-4 in LA. The goal is to make everyone who attends die of heat exhuastion.

I was thinking one of the standard Halloween ones, with the molding stuff that you can use to set the fangs to the shape of your teeth so they actually stay on. BUT THIS NAIL IDEA INTRIGUES ME. I would likely fail at it hardcore.

Kryalon is really good body paint. It's the stuff Yagi uses for Zim.

This thread is so ramblebasket I might just change the thread title to include it.

fff I keep forgetting to address this: Jaqua I like your ideas for Worth. We're gonna be the best femmeslashy doctor/vampire ever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 08:46:49 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2010, 11:53:00 pm »
Nail!fangs are a really weird concept, and when we first heard that that was how we were making them we were all a little apprehensive, but OH MAN they're so good. Not to mention perfectly fitting and infinitely reusable. You just use some denture adhesive to make them stay and you can talk, drink, and even eat comfortably with them. Plus they look way, way more natural than almost any (affordable) fangs I've ever seen. They mimic the partial opacity of real teeth remarkably well. (I'm proud of myself for that sentence, it sounds smart.) So yeah, we should try them out first and then if we need to redo them we can.

AX is July 1-4 in LA. The goal is to make everyone who attends die of heat exhuastion.

SDCC has a similar MO, so I've heard.

And yes, we will so be the best fem!Hanna characters ever. Have I told you lately how excited I am for this? We should pick a day to get together and experiment with Hanna things.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2010, 12:15:49 am »
fuuu.
(also it's like 10 hours to LA from here. yecch.)

Cool; looks like I'll be trying nailfangs as well. You'll have to give us a tutorial on the making of nailfangs.

...am I gonna be the only boy?

you should do it. you could change it to 'The Potato Smashers Ramblebasket'. and everyone else would be confused and we would laugh superciliously at their ignorance.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2010, 10:23:49 am »

...am I gonna be the only boy?

Not if I do Elipses/Zombie guy "..."  haha, I'm not doing him genderbent.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2010, 11:05:14 am »
Just for reference, the Scarecrow brand of fangs are pretty good. They're about $20 and they come in a small size which looks really natural compared to the giantass regular-sized ones. They only come with enough molding materials to do each fang twice, though, so if you mess up a lot or at any time need to remold them to your teeth, you have to go buy a refill pack, which is so not worth it. The nail fangs sound way cheaper and more worth it, since we can make a bunch of fangs at once! : D

Me and Hashi are using a liquid foundation for Jet and Sokka (I hate powder too >.o ), so it's not that noticeable when you're wearing it. Granted, neither of us have worn it for a whole day yet, so... >> Valeria, if the Kryolan ends up looking to obviously white, you can try buying a really light liquid foundation and mixing it with the white.

AX is at the worst possible time of year for me to go. XD I'll be in Japan this year, and when I'm not in Japan, my family goes to this camp thing every Fourth of July for a few days. And, you know, lack of money. Maybe someday...

I WILL read Hanna, and once I do, I'm sure I'll be more than willing to be roped into cosplaying someone. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2010, 02:06:50 pm »
That's true, I've only ever heard good things about Scarecrow... Hmm. Well if the nailfangs don't work then it's good to know we have a backup, hahaha. I've never done anything on as grand a scale as Veser's teeth will be though, so this will be an ADVENTURE FOR EVERYONE. Plus I haven't done anything with them for like 2 years so we'll all get to (re-)learn the whole process.

@goatchild: YOU SHOULD BE HANNA. Because a) you would be a cute Hanna, and b) then we would have all of the main characters and it would be AWESOME. (well, minus Toni but shhhhhh) And yeah, I like liquid or cream foundation about a zillion times more than I like powder... xD Is it weird if I'm totally jazzed to try all this stuff out/make a cosplay we may never end up wearing to a con?

Also, for Worth, should I do bandages on the arms or see if I can draw them on with either liquid latex or... Something else? I'm just kinda wondering. Bandages might be easier but they might shift during transit under his jacket, but latex might rub off on the inside... ffff

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND. I LAUGHED.

Okay well I didn't actually find it because it was in Humon's journal but I still thought I'd share.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2010, 06:18:40 pm »
OMG FINLAND. That is BEAUTIFUL. *____________*

Hanna is the redhead with the glasses, right? Oh the irony in me cosplaying Hanna... Also, having looked at the cast list, Dental Distortions has veneers that could be used for Veser's teeth if ya'll don't want to make an entire mouthful by hand, but some of their really good ones seem to be out of stock at the moment. Again, just another backup if the nails try to kill us all. : D Halloween Warehouse sells the Scarecrow teeth btw, so you don't have to order those online.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2010, 06:42:05 pm »
I'll probably end up making them myself anyway. Cause I'm cheap and enjoy doing things the difficult-but-epic way. (and I didn't see anything on the website that looked just right... Veser's teeth are too pretty. I remember reading something where he said he takes really good care of them.)

Also the Finlands are great.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2010, 09:40:32 pm »
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD YOU GUYS. KATE BEATON IS GOING TO BE IN PORTLAND. THIS. WEEKEND. In case you don't know who she is she is responsible for this webcomic (if it can be called a webcomic since it doesn't actually have a plot and is just a bunch of strips). Does anyone want to come to Stumptown Comics Festival with me? It's at the Doubletree and it's like $6 for a day. I know I'm going for sure, but you know, just in case anyone's interested.

@goatchild: Yesssssssss that's Hanna! And by the way that Halloween Warehouse is amazing. I had no idea such magical places existed any time of the year other than October :'D

@Felix: I remember that too now that you mention it, but I can't remember where I read it :|

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2010, 10:11:05 pm »
I SAW I SAW. I WOULD TOTALLY GO WITH YOU. I spent all day reading her comic XD;
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 01:41:47 am »
YAY YAY YAY! Isn't it wonderful?! I wish I was even half as awesome as she is. Or had, like, half of her talent. Do you want to go Saturday or Sunday? 8DDD CAN YOU TELL I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2010, 10:58:46 am »
Oooh, um Im fine with any day! I dont work this weekend! :D
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2010, 04:00:59 pm »
xD Saturday then? Just in case it's really awesome, since then Sunday's still available. Also, this is the website in case you want more info.
... And actually Kate's holding a panel Sunday from 2-2:45. And I really want to go to that. So maybe we should go Sunday. xD

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2010, 05:41:04 pm »
Jaqua- I think it was on the second Q&A journal. Because being the huge dork that I am I read through a bunch of the other replies.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2010, 08:58:34 pm »
Ooooooooooooohkay that makes sense. I hate when you're pretty sure you've read something the author said about a certain character but can't remember where you read it. I should probably read more of her journals in general though. lol

On a completely unrelated note, Lady Gaga why are you so awesome I'm pretty sure I've listened to Telephone like thirty times in a row. In a ROW.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2010, 12:23:03 am »
Sorry to be spamming the heck out of this thing lately, but I just want to make sure everyone has seen this. The first time I watched this I was crying, I was laughing so hard. THIS IS MY PERFECT RUSSIA.

I feel obligated to warn everyone there's a lot of cussing in this, but I don't really think anyone cares...

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2010, 10:57:14 am »
I think that is definitely one of my favorite Russias ever. Oh my god. XD So Valeria, were they actually making crap borsch, or would that not even qualify as borsch? XDD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2010, 11:28:50 am »
I watched the opening and it looked awesome, but I really have to do homework right now. D8 Because it's due in an hour and I haven't started yet.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2010, 05:22:50 pm »
OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE TO EAT
It has beets and dill in it so it kind of counts but DEAR GOD THAT WOULD BE BAD. WHY IS THERE EGG IN IT. THIS IS NOT GREEN BORSCH.

I lol'd, though. "I own you! Put the water in."

fff I wanna go see Kate Beaton. Too bad about that whole prom thing.

Jaqua, we should totally reenact the sequence on the bottom because it's adorable: http://hanna.aftertorque.com/?p=243
PREPARE YOUR SUPERIOR BASTARD FACE.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:09:54 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man