Author Topic: Really confused  (Read 5542 times)

Anonymous

Really confused
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:58:04 pm »
In the con policy it says:
MINORS: Age 12 and Under: All children age 12 and under must be accompanied, at all times, by a parent or guardian who is also a registered guest of Kumoricon. Age 13 and Up: All minors 13 and up must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to attend the convention in written form. This form will be available online. A parent/legal guardian must be present at the convention site from midnight to 4:00 AM. All guardians must be 18 or over and have parental permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian.

Ok, so if someone over the age of 13 had a consent form filled out they do not have to have an acting guardian over 18 present? And the only times they need a legal guardian would be on the site from midnight to 4:00 AM? So is that the only time any kind of guardian would be needed, or does it mean that minors must have the consent form AND an acting guardian present to attend the con? Thanks in advance.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Really confused
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:30:43 pm »
Sounds right to me.

That's why I'm getting a bunch of forms for my Pocky Club members so we can hang out later. Sign your children over to the 26 year old in the fuku!
Bwa ha ha!  :wink:

(seriously though, I'm an education major and an Eagle Scout, you can trust me)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 09:40:19 pm »
Here's the short version:

12 and Under:  Guardian at all times.  Period.  Not up for discussion.

13-17:  During the hours of 12:00am and 4:00am a guardian must be present.  All other times a consent form is sufficient.

13-17 additional:  Anyone 13-17 who has not turned in a consent form must have a guardian present at all times.

18 and Over:  Not a concern.

Hope that helps!  =^~_~^=

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 01:07:00 am »
wat do pplz do with the consent form? but like i am in the pokky club thingy so like..Tom has the consent form things OMG im lost
MiYaVi

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Really confused
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 10:37:38 am »
Quote from: "PinkIchigoKitty"
wat do pplz do with the consent form? but like i am in the pokky club thingy so like..Tom has the consent form things OMG im lost

OK PIK, breath. First off you have to get a form sign by your parents/legal guardians and hand it over to admissions before they let you into the convention itself.

The Pocky Club form is for events that are after hours or involve leaving the convention space. They are to verify to security, Staff, policemen, and worried hobos that yes, your parents are OK with you being there.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Really confused
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 10:38:57 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Quote from: "PinkIchigoKitty"

OK PIK, breathe. First off you have to get a form sign by your parents/legal guardians and hand it over to admissions before they let you into the convention itself.

The Pocky Club form is for events that are after hours or involve leaving the convention space. They are to verify to security, Staff, policemen, and worried hobos that yes, your parents are OK with you being there.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 03:10:22 pm »
right watever ok, and i am breathing and i was..XD lolx well anyways OKEEEEEEEEEEEEEY
MiYaVi

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 12:36:22 am »
uh last year my parents called the head person of Kumoricon and that person said that if the parents wrote a letter/form type thing saying that the minor 13-17 not under that is their own guardian and it was okay to do that for minors from 13 - 17.

I'm doing that agiain this year so i dont have to have my parents follow me around...plus they wont come.

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
Really confused
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 05:19:14 pm »
err that is confusing...OK so i'm over 13....do I have to go to the kumoricon my my guardian/parent.....I plan to pay at the door but ahhh @.@ im confused.....
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 06:33:33 pm »
i just go with friends over 18 lolx my parents would rather die then go LOLX and if they did go i wouldnt go. ya just need them to fill out som consent form issue thingy
MiYaVi

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Really confused
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 08:59:49 pm »
When you register you have to have someone who is 18 or over with you.  If you have a signed consent form, that can be sufficient too.
~Sean Larson~

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 04:00:38 pm »
Where do i get that consent form......or do I just a paper saying that I'm allowed to go with my parents signature on it

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 06:19:25 pm »
It's on the registration page off the main site.
~Sean Larson~

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 11:47:15 pm »
Oh okay....yeah I see it know ^^ thanks so I'll just bring it with me when I go right?

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Really confused
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 11:17:28 am »
Yup.  You'll need that with you at registration.
~Sean Larson~