Author Topic: Panel form questions  (Read 3477 times)

Offline Petrea Mitchell

• Oni
    • Picofarad - zine and convention listings
Panel form questions
« on: March 07, 2010, 08:30:29 am »
I have some questions about the panelist form. I tried e-mailing a while back, but never got an answer (or my spam filter ate it), so I'll try here...

• Department: Is there a list of all possible departments somewhere? I'd hate to miss my chance at doing a panel because I guessed your terminology wrong and it got misfiled.
  • Day/time suggestions: Do you only accept exact suggested days and times? What I'd really like to write there is, "Don't care as long as it starts no later than 3pm."
  • Room style: What exactly are "Theater", "Banquet", and "Workshop"? All I need is a place to sit down facing the audience.
  • Membership: Like the previous poster, I'm curious what the reduced rate is and how much time is enough to qualify for it. It's not that big a deal to me, but it might make a difference in who I can recruit for the panels I'd like to submit.
<|> <|>

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Panel form questions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:57 am »
Department: As far as the convention structure, your department is Programming. The form is asking which part of Programming you think your event fits best into. This is kind of a carry over from the past since almost everyone's events nowadays are panels. Here's some things you might want to note if you have an idea other than a panel. If you want to run a tournament for a game that would be under either Video Gaming or Tabletop Gaming. If you want to run a Demonstration or How-To panel, that might be under the Creation Station. If you want to put run a costume contest of some kind that has to do with cosplay.

Day/Time: If you want it before 3pm than I suggest writing "Sunday Before 3pm, Saturday before 3pm, or Monday before closing" and then just choose what order to put the days in. I suggest Sunday as your top choice.  ;)

Room Style: Theater style is what you want.

Membership: That I cannot help you with, but I was told that you need to have 4hours of content at the con in order to qualify for panelist discount. There's a number but I don't have it. That's something we'd need to get from a Programming manager. I'm just a staffer with lots of panel-running experience.

Side note, if you are a panelist with lots of stuff you need to get to your panel room. I suggest writing in that you need a volunteer to help with set up, that way they can schedule someone to help you schlep on down to the panel rooms. They are in a high traffic area this year.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:30:38 am »
Also, the hours of panel time can only count toward one person.  If two people are doing are doing the same panel, they don't both get to count the hours towards a cheaper badge.  Once hour of panel time counts once towards one person.  

If you have emailed Prog, you should hear back shortly.  She, like me, gets flooded with emails.  We were up 'til three last night plowing through stuff.  I was down to 6 unread before I went to bed.  Today, I will spend my time filling other people's inboxes.  

Also,
Jamiche sayeth:
Panelist registration is one badge for every 2 hours of approved panel.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:47:26 pm by Rathany »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 10:42:15 pm »
You can find more info about panel forms here.

I'm locking this thread so any discussion will stay in the appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:45:13 pm by Jamiche »
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator