Author Topic: Are you a Deviant? Be warned. MAJOR ART THEFT!!!  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Are you a Deviant? Be warned. MAJOR ART THEFT!!!
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:37:41 pm »
Okay I think I posted on here before asking if any one had a devienart page and I got a huge response so I think I should post this here for all of those who are unaware of the issue.

A deviant named Kyme-chan came across a site that is selling Deviant Art members work without permission!! Heres what she wrote about it:

~~~
IMPORTANT: Many deviants are being ripped at [link]

This website is actually selling our artwork under the form of stickers, so it's quite serious and annoying. Most of the pictures come from popular artists on DA.

I found four pictures of mine there...

If your name is in this list, your work is being used there:

<snip>

And many others I've seen before but can't remember the artists' names... If you find someone else's work in there, reply to this journal with the name of the artist and I'll had it to the list.

If your art is ripped there, contact the admins to lodge a complaint at <snip> .

SPREAD THE WORD!

**** For updates on this matter and names visit her page.
http://kmye-chan.deviantart.com/

EDITED BY GUSPASHO

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 02:04:22 am »
Thank you for posting this! I'm also a member of DeviantArt, but none of my art has been stolen, yet.
I'll have to be more careful, and perhaps reload my images/art with a watermark or something.
I heard of art theft from DA before, but I didn't think someone would actually use deviantart to sell others art without giving credit. That's so wrong, and horrible.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 09:32:13 am »
I removed any potentially-idenfitiable information for the protection of those identified whose names we don't really need to know, and all of which can be seen at the link provided by kimiski anyway.

I was supicious this was a hoax, but I checked the DeviantArt forums, and it appears not to be. Rather, this happens at DeviantArt all the time. Check it out: http://forum.deviantart.com/community/rips/

The responsible company in this example, appears to have already shut down this particular offender. This is the link to the offender's webpage. Take note that the username says DISABLED.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:59:05 pm »
Ohh thanks...I dont think she would steal my artwork cause it sucks lol...but still its not tight to steal other people's stuff...
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^