Author Topic: What would you like to see for the 2006 fan art site?  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
What would you like to see for the 2006 fan art site?
« on: April 18, 2006, 08:39:21 pm »
What would you like to see for the 2006 fan art/creations site?

voting...
archives...
give me your ideas :)
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:14:47 pm »
Is this a first time thing?  I dun' remember having one before :o
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:26:20 pm »
basically, at the past 2 sakuracons and last kumoricon, i've run fan art contests in the room that also hosted fanfiction events. this year, at kc, i wanted to add another innovation: online voting in the fan art contest at the fan creation station!

i see this as a wonderful interim step towards my eventual goal: live streaming video of fanfic bedtime stories and fanfic theatre!

so darkerlight has generously offered to arrange that, much in the fashion that we just voted for the con mascot!

i don't know if there could also be links for submitted works of fiction? or if anyone turns in say a multimedia parody?

i have used a scanner onto my harddrive before, but i have never scanned anything to upload to a site or even send as an email attachment before, so i will definitely need some lessons!

darkerlight, you rule!
(and i still have to give you back your manga book)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 02:26:14 pm »
It's not technically fan art, but I would love to see an archive of all of the entries to the mascot contest! I know that personally, there were some that didn't win that I still loved. Would this type of thing be found somewhere else or would it go up on the fansite?
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:44:04 pm »
This will be part of that site.

General Concept for kumoricon.info:
-to take some of the burden for upload off the main site
-to host flyers and monthly newsletter
-to store all kumori image, fan art, fan fict and newsletter archives
-to host live fan art\fan fict voting and uploading
-to host yearly mascot contest

I'm not sure if we will be able to pull it all off, but we're doing our best to try.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Cherry

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 10:56:48 pm »
I think voting would be a cool feature.  This might be a little much but maybe you could set it so that it rates the pictures on a scale of 1-10, and people could choose a value for each image.  And then the average would be the picture's grade.... i dunno xD
I just think that would be a really cool idea, i mean fanart definately deserves some form of recognition!

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 11:29:26 pm »
I'll see what we can do, excellent idea. :)
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline Cherry

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:31:28 am »
It was partially not mine, because thats how they do it on gaia, or used too... havent been on there in like 1938102938 years.  

But i liked that system, because that way its not like oh this one person wins, and you all loose! It's kind of more of a constructive environment, and so that everyone can have some feedback on their artwork as well as display it.  I dunno maybe im just weird and like it that way xDD;

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 05:50:57 pm »
i'm thrilled to explore the possibilities. i'll start discussion within my kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group to garner additional ideas :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).