Author Topic: Recreational Gaming vs. Competitive Gaming: Your Favorite Game Sucks  (Read 24100 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Recreational Gaming vs. Competitive Gaming: Your Favorite Game Sucks
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2010, 07:21:14 pm »
Block doesn't do jack for me, and that's not the point.  I don't see it as being competetive when it's one sided.  To put it to a football term, it's like having the New England Patriots facing off against the Camas Papermakers, and winning 259-0.  When a player doesn't give you the chance to get up because he's so focused on attacking you with three combos at the same time (which yes, I know is impossible, but it feels like these people do it somehow), it's not fun, is't not competetive, it's crap!  This is why I don't do tournaments.  If I want to get slaughtered like that, I'll jump into a wood chipper.  I play for fun, not to lose without having a chance to PLAY.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2010, 11:51:06 pm »
Haha yeah I can understand that.  Nothing wrong with that for sure.  Most people feel that way.  Personally I'd just rather lose horribly than lose by a little and feel like my opponent was holding back.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 08:21:09 pm »
LOLWUT!?  Tekken and VF are bad fighters.  HAHA.  It may be an opinion...but IMO its a terrible opinion.  They're only bad if you can't learn how to play them.

When it comes to fighters, you have to expect that there is a chance that someone who knows how to play the game will come in and beat you.  It's very simple in that you have to practice how you play, you have to go into every game knowing what you want to do and that you have to win.  Why?  Because sometimes at tournaments, you will come across those kinds of people who do stuff that is, essentially entry level, aka (in SF4 terms with Ken) J.mk, c. mk, fp SRK.  Thats a very entry level combo and sometimes, people who are competitive give too much to our opponents and we try to play their game instead of ours.

If you are getting beat down in KOF, figure out why you were getting KD'd and then what your options were.

Also I need to hear this from the person who said it.

HOW is MvC2 simple. 
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2010, 07:31:44 am »
If you are getting beat down in KOF, figure out why you were getting KD'd and then what your options were.

I already said why...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh