Author Topic: Dante's Inferno! (Out now!)  (Read 5831 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Dante's Inferno! (Out now!)
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:51:46 am »
Anyone else stoked for the brutally awesome (and admittedly sensationalized) adaptation of the poem Inferno? Britt and I are bustin' at the seams here waiting for it to come out. I am already completely enthralled by the CG work. This is the first game I've seen that shows an absolute mastery in the FMV's - this is the first game that from the start has Square-Enix beat. FF has nothing on what I've seen of this game, as far as realistic CG in the cut scenes goes.

Woot! Here's to the new Crusade!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:01:46 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Dante's Inferno! (This Tuesday!)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:16:47 am »
O.O OMG RODNEY IS POSTING ON THE FORUM!

To stay on topic. I saw a commercial for the game and it does look like it will be fun :3

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:36:17 pm »
I'm not excited for it. Seems rather generic.

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 10:44:03 pm »
My older sister is way into the original poem, and she is freaking out over it. In a good way of course. XD
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:29 pm »
It's a original game. There is actually a few flaws to it.

attacks sort of start to suck as you progress in the game towards weak characters. It's cool how you can customize Dante but...It makes fighting weak mosters boring.

But overall a freaking awesome game!

*waits for God of War*

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 02:43:44 am »
Omg, did a double take when I saw who started the thread. Game looks pretty good, also really enjoyed the viral marketing for it.

MASS: WE PRAY THE VIDEO GAME
Team Koga

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 12:20:33 pm »
The demo to this game was amazing as it was...I will definately be adding this to my library as soon as I can^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 07:48:38 am »
That Mass: We Pray video made me giggle, lol.

And the game was only out two days and Britt already beat it. I started my own game yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying it. I love the gameplay, the visuals are consistently stunning, and the ending....zomguh. I was riveted. It also has a "Resurrection Mode", which is essentially New Game +, and I love that feature in any game.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 09:30:49 am »
I picked this up last night after work...plan on playing it tonight if I find time, Saturday otherwise.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Dante's Inferno! (Out now!)
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 10:04:14 am »
Played more today, worked through Lust, Gluttony, Greed, and Worldly Splendor. Not even joking, this game has the best cinematic scenes I've ever seen in a video game. Square has been defeated as the kings; they have to live up to the standard Visceral has set with this one. XIII has a long way to go to catch up to Dante, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 06:36:22 pm »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve!!!!  :D

Oh, the game looks pretty good from the commercial...and sounds pretty good from most of ya. maybe test it out one of these days.
And so it begins...

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 11:46:00 pm »
I want to get the game really bad but just dont have the money right now seeing as i am moving and all.
but still cant wait to own it

China bound!!!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 10:10:46 am »
I'd highly recommend it. Finished it yesterday and I just can't get enough of it. It has a very high re-playability rate, what with Resurrection Mode and this other mode called Gates of Hell, which is like Tower Defense but with Dante instead. You fight through X-number waves of beasties, which allows you to continue upgrading without playing through the game. A straight-shot to perfection and preparation for Infernal Difficulty setting, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 06:07:37 pm »
What station is it for? I saw the anime in the store today and went 'wtf? O.o' cause I have the whole Divine Comedy that I bought for Humanities class. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 08:55:36 pm »
It's for Xbox 360, PS3 and PSP (though, obviously, you'll be sacrificing a lot quality-wise if you go for the portable version).

And yes, there is an animated companion which I just watched today actually. It's totally worth the purchase. If you love the story of the game and/or anime, give it a shot. Those behind Ergo Proxy did a segment of it, and a bunch of other great artists as well. It's a nice supplement to the game.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:31 am »
Oooh... sounds like fun. I'll have to get some money together for the PS3 version... since good ol' Zidane died. ;.;
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:48 am »
Amazing game...just amazing. I started it over the weekend on Hellish mode & am just about completed my first run-through(I will complete tonight). Gonna rock through Infernal mode next before I get to involved in the other stuff ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 08:01:32 am »
Nice! I haven't played it for a few days, but maybe I will start it up again today.

Funny, I've been obsessing over the game and it is all I can think about, but I haven't actually wanted to play it, lol. It's like, I beat it - now I am content with just basking in the glory of a job well done. Well, that needs to change because I want to rip some third-rank demons in half again.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 09:34:28 am »
I got home too late to finish last night so I was only able to run through one more circle. I am in the middle of the 8th circle which is violence if I remember correctly(running down a path that is nothing but fire & brimstone). This game is completely addicting lol...I look forward to playing it all day at work lmao. Infernal mode is going to be insane...gonna be planted on the couch gritting my teeth for a while on that one me-thinks.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 06:35:22 pm »
... anyone think of what Dante Alighieri would say if he saw this? xDDD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 07:05:27 am »
I'm sure there would be plenty of things that would completely befuddle Dante, not even touching on the modifications that had been made to adapt his story. I'm not sure he could even get past the concept of video games in general, lol.

But assuming he got that part down, I would think he might approve in some way. The game definitely carries the same themes and moral impressions as the poem, even if the plot was modified briefly. I'd think, if anything, he would probably object to the graphic visuals, as the whole point of Inferno was depicting the scenes with horror and utter revulsion. And let's admit, in Dante's Inferno - the scenery and landscapes of suffering are what we all enjoy looking at in the game. That may be a point of contention, but other than that, I'd like to imagine he'd approve in some ways.

***Additional update: I finished the game for the second time and got Dante completely mastered. So now I can rest in peace and not feel the need to do anything with the game for a while, heh.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:20:57 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 08:14:59 pm »
Completed the game on hellish & infernal, mastered all skills, got all relics & coins, got all beatrice stones, beat gates of hell arena...have every trophy for this game...I think I can safely say that I'm happy with 100% completion & won't need to pick this up until the new downloadable content in March that I get with the Divine Edition of the game.

Offline FynХоук

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 08:54:42 pm »
I had to read portions of the poem for a class, and I'm super excited to play! Unfortunately I'm too poor to think about buying games right now ><

I am Dark Link from 'The Twin Links'
I am the writer and mind behind all skits and videos.
I am awesome!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 07:01:54 am »
It truly is an amazing game...I played through it 3 times & was completely entertained each time. I think that you will find the wait will be worth it.