Author Topic: Warhammer 40k eldar guardians worth?  (Read 4400 times)

Offline sabata

• Chibi
Warhammer 40k eldar guardians worth?
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:13:38 pm »
I'm a total noob to warhammer. i know nothing about the game. only it's apparently really expensive. a while ago a friend of mine got a set from his grandma, it was an older one. and didn't want it. so he gave it to me. i have no clue what to do with it, since i have nor the free time or the wallet to play warhammer. so i was hoping on selling it. i have no idea the worth of such a set. it seems a bit older then others that i've seen. and since everyone on this site is so cool and geeky, i figured someone would know.
It's a Warhammer 40k eldar guardians battle squad set. i found an image that matched them. located here: http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Eldar_Guardian_Squad.gif
from what i know warhammer sets are normally 40 bucks brand new. this box is still in it's plastic wrapped cardboard box. so i have no clue. if someone could please help me determine the worth of said set, that would help me very much.
GEEK ON!

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
Re: Warhammer 40k eldar guardians worth?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:27:54 pm »
ORKZ WAZ ERE

ELDAR ARE FOR LOSERS.

In all seriousness The Eldar are a fine army to build.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 12:20:34 pm »
maybe see what prices you see on ebay?  make to sure to compare other ones that are also painted/not painted.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline AceLogan

• Cabbit
    • My Photography Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:20:04 pm »
Usually you can still get 75% of full retail for Warhammer stuff on eBay. More for unpainted. If those are metal they'll be a bit more. The picture is pretty bad so can't tell which squad they are for sure (and don't know eldar that well anyways.)

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 06:56:35 pm »
A regular box of Guardians like the one shown usually runs about $30. Eldar player checking in. ;)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 12:57:54 am »
Depends on if it is assembled and painted well.  And the older it is the more it is worth if they are out of production models.  Usually they are not worth a whole lot more then the ones being sold new.