Author Topic: hair dye help?  (Read 881 times)

Offline Ticra

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviant profile
hair dye help?
« on: August 12, 2010, 05:29:01 pm »
So, does anyone have any recommendations for good temporary hair dye that isn't too much of a beast but goes in nicely? It's also a little difficult because I need half the hair to be one color and half the hair to be another, so it needs to be pretty percise stuff.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I eat toasters 0_o

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GAT/ED/PA d—s-: a- - C+++ L E W+++N o+ K++w+ O+ M - - V PS+ PE+ Y PGP t+++ 5+ X++ R  tv+ b+++ DI+ D G++ e++ h- !r  x-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
Re: hair dye help?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:35:31 pm »
Erm.
Manic Panic?
That's the only dye that I know of that has wicked colors and is...I think, temporary.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 06:40:29 pm »
Jerome Russel's Punky Hair Dye is good. looks like this
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Ticra

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviant profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:13:58 pm »
Ah cool beans. Sorry, I was in a hurry before and couldn't explain properly.

What I'm looking for is something that will give me two toned hair, one half my head black and one half purple-ish. I'm doing a two-face costume, and would like to use my own hair. It's going to be a beast to do either way, But cruddy spray on hair spray-paint halloween-crap isn't going to cut it. THis is my most professional costume to date and I really want hair that matches. :D

I actually HAVE wigs to use for the costume, but they aren't great, and it's too late, and too expensive to get new ones. I'm still planning on playing with them, but i just want a back up. Besides, using my real hair is so nice, *yum*, and I know how to put it in the shapes I want it in. Furthermore...I have a really peculiar face shape. My art college friends continually bemoan the fact that it's unnatural, and cartoony, making me impossible to draw in a realistic style :D.
I'm actually frequently told that I look like a living cartoon, right down to my toes. No kidding. So, long story short, I've never found a wig that looks anywhere near natural on my head structure. They all look like bad wigs, regardless of quality -__-

So. Again, any and all Temporary dye suggestions would be buku cool. I'm looking for something preeeetty temporary. We're talking, shampoo's out type temporary. It could last a little longer, but the more temporary the better.
I'll take a look at the suggestions above. but I'm always willing to hear more advice.
Thanks for the help guys!
I eat toasters 0_o

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GAT/ED/PA d—s-: a- - C+++ L E W+++N o+ K++w+ O+ M - - V PS+ PE+ Y PGP t+++ 5+ X++ R  tv+ b+++ DI+ D G++ e++ h- !r  x-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 10:16:56 pm »
I suggest just going to a Sally Beauty supply and asking what they have. They have a wonderful selection of hair dye and it's pretty top notch. And they'll help you get exactly what you need.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM