Author Topic: help, i feel like a liar, am i?  (Read 3533 times)

Anonymous

help, i feel like a liar, am i?
« on: June 27, 2005, 03:01:46 pm »
this has started to bother me a great deal, in a forum i get to be someone i am not allowed to be in real life. i can be polite, an individual, and speak my mind; something not allowed in every day life (or at least mine).
forums also allow the choice of names, and mine i chose with care, for if i could have a second name it would be that. also, seeing as you cannot see the individual one tends to base the other off the way they present themselves in the forums.

my query is that i am afraid that my true appereance shall be an unpleasent one to those i am eager to meet at the convention. in my case i am a minor and i'm afraid that those i converse with do not realize it (completely my fault for the way i speak) and also that i am caucasian though my screen name suggests more of an asian lineage.

are my worries folly? or do they present truth that i should beware?

also, please bear with me for i have signed in as a guest on purpose, as i do not wish for the peers i acknowledge as those i wish to be on friendly terms with to be offended.

i would greatly apprecitate any feed back at all. thank you.

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
^.~
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 04:17:25 pm »
no worries for me as long as you show your true self at the con *hugs you*  :wink:  most people i talk to on here think i'm a guy T_T is it 'cause my screen name is SHADOWFOX !!! in my case, i'm different on here than in real life ^_^ here, i can talk to anyone with no problems, but in real life, people probably see me as stuck-up since i snub most people off who try to talk to me ^_^;;; i have a problem on seeing compliments as mockery (which is why i dont like compliments T_T) its a long story T_T but i'm nice to the con people ^_^ they're all so nice ^_^ but anyways, just be yourself when you see us ^.~
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline Keyta-Kun

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 04:44:10 pm »
yeah, don't worry so much about it.  If they really are good friends, then they won't care about how you look.  Just keep doing things the way you want, and don't worry about the little details.
Do you know who I think I am?

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 06:19:11 pm »
I would advise you not to worry.

1) Any friend worth his salt, online or in real life, will accept you for who you are, and not hold anything against you as long as you haven't been intentionally deceptive, which I have no doubts that you haven't. And if anyone is so pretentious as to get offended that you aren't Japanese, or aren't an adult, you probably didn't want to associate with those kinds of people anyway. So no loss there.

2) People at the con are generally very forgiving and accepting, especially the people I've seen here. For one, the con is one of the few places where you're allowed to completely "geek out", because everyone else there is there for the same thing. I would not worry one bit about it. Worst case scenario, someone get's mildly suprised, not offended.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 07:53:37 pm »
Well, my internet name suggests Italian lineage (even had a Gabbiani e-mail me to ask if I was related), but I don't have a drop of Italian in me.

Nothing wrong with it.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:24:21 pm »
Don't sweat it.  At another forum I use an avatar with a pic of Chow Yuen Fat and people there thought I was Asian until I posted a pic of myself.  funny to me that they thought I was Asian just because of my avatar.
The trick is not minding.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:44:37 pm »
No one ever mistakes me for someone from Mexico or Melmac.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 11:24:15 pm »
hm, i'm actually quite shy in real life.

but i dont think having an internet persona is so bad. it IS yourself too, after all.
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Anonymous

feeling better.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 12:19:34 am »
Thank you so much everyone, this makes me feel like i have little to worry about. all of your positive comments mean so much to me. i cant wait to see you all at the con! :-) you all are great.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 12:24:40 pm »
*points to self*  WHITE as they get.  Don't worry so much!!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .