Author Topic: Anime that messed you up  (Read 14691 times)

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2005, 02:28:30 am »
Quote from: "sumomo_san"
Wolf's Rain

Well technically I was already messed up but it helped me look at myself and see how pitiful I was. My "friend" who loves that show was majorly dissing (if I'm allowed to use such a lame term xD ) InuYasha so I decided I hated Wolf's Rain, and on the last episode I found myself laughing hysterically/maniaclly as all the main characters died.  :?

Oh! I remembered another. Sailor Moon. Oh dear god, Sailor Moon. At the age of 8 me and my friends would attempt to dress up (early signs of my impending cosplayer otaku fate!) as the characters and watch the show every day. I was Sailor Moon, my sister was Sailor Mars and my friend was Sailor Jupiter. She even ripped an antennae off a radio and put it on a headband to achieve... well, Jupiter's antennae. I never will look at a radio the same way. I also wrote about it in my school journal from 2nd grade. I found it the other day and was reading it. On the first page it says "we wath sailor moon toghater gast about every day at my home." Which was supposed to mean "We watch sailor moon together just about every day at my house."  I scanned in that page if you want to see it... here... *shrugs*
http://tinyurl.com/cmcc2
Another one would be Pokemon. My sister would wake me up at 6 every day to watch it since we slept in the same room. I didn't specifically want to watch it, but did I have a choice? After a short time I became addicted to it. At least I admit it, unlike other people. (Sorry for such a long post ^^; )

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2005, 02:34:48 am »
Ohmygosh! xD That reminds me of the time where I opended up my 3rd grade yearbook and it sadi "Goals over the Summer: to learn 'japense'". I craked up...I even drew a picture of a pikachu beacuse I was Pokemon-obsessed.

But I would always get really mad at my parents if they let me sleep in, so I watched Pokemon. >_> I can't belive I ever willingly wanted to wake up before 8 in the morning.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2005, 03:13:51 am »
I rememeber waking up really early and seeing sailer moon once along with dragonball(different time).  I dun remember which came first(just know I actually tried waking early for the dragonball one), and were the first anime I saw(although I didn't know it yet).  but they didn't get me into anime in general though(thats comes much later with ranma 1/2).
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2005, 01:28:23 am »
@Neko: Ha ha! Did you ever learn that 'japense'?

@Kurimono: Same here, well sort of. We lived like 2 blocks away from my school and we would run home to make sure we got back in time for Sailor Moon, and then about a year after that my sister would wake me up at 7 every single morning for pokemon, but I didn't get into anime until much later thanks to Chobits and InuYasha

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2005, 02:31:01 am »
Yeah, but it wasn't until this past two years... And I'm still not very good at all. xD

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2005, 03:05:50 am »
@Neko: xD I bet you're better than I will ever be. I've been picking it up for 3 years and am starting taking classes this year.

Oh I remembered one. Interstella5555 if it counts. It's my favorite movie but it makes me cry and cry every time. It makes me so sad but I can't stop watching it!

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2005, 11:59:07 pm »
I'm sorry, but the first one for me is Neon Genesis Evangelion, it was more than I expected.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2005, 12:03:01 pm »
flcl i still want to drink bitter coffie (and i don't like coffie) eat bad rawmen and drive a yel;low vespa) and smack my chop sticks to the sound of hai!!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2005, 02:01:19 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
I think that Cat Soup looks like it would be strange. ^_^ I really want to see it.

CatSoup... Really the person who created was on drugs or something
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2005, 06:58:36 pm »
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Sleep... what is that...
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2005, 07:24:22 pm »
I am thoroughly enjoying FLCL. It's really quite beautiful so far. I love the whole metaphorical aspect of it. Though I could do without the guy getting pooped out of the robot.

I remember getting up early to see the new episodes of YuGiOh. 7:30 on Saturday to see Kaiba get his butt whipped. I was 24.

As for stuff that messed me up AND took me out of my normal sleep patterns  - Cowboy Bebop, the LAST episode. I have NEVER felt so disillusioned in my ENTIRE LIFE! I stumbled to bed at 2:30 am feeling miserably depressed.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2005, 11:05:21 pm »
Yes FLCL is great!  :D Whether I understand the metaphorical aspect or not. The art is great and you can watch it over and over and still find new things you never noticed or understood before :3

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2005, 11:18:16 pm »
Thinking a little more, ya know what anime really messes me up?

The "Ah! My Goddess" movie.  :oops:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2005, 11:27:05 pm »
Uresei Yastura "Beautiful Dreamer".
o_o It was so strange. And... Deep. Or something.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2005, 01:17:44 am »
Don't worry deep and strange are very easy to get confused since they are practically the same thing!  :D

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2005, 07:41:41 pm »
lain, Evangelion (especially the ending. the movie one.)FLCL, Wolf's Rain (paticularly episode 30 *cries*) but not much else. after these, i've become verry unscarable. WOOTZ!!! i created meh another word! i have yet to read the entire Angel Sanctuary series. right now i only have vol. 1, cuz i'm poor. but i heard it's pretty messed up. messed up is good.

and although it's not anime, all of Jhonen Vasquez's comics and Invader Zim scared me in some weird sort of satisfying way. fun stuff!

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2005, 01:14:21 am »
...  Not that I didn't love it...

But Perfect Blue messed with my head.

Even worse, I saw amv's with footage from it before hand...  and I can't watch them without freaking out a little.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2005, 01:27:48 am »
oh god, where to start.....

I LOVE Perfect Blue,
Lain was werid
FLCL...Evangelion,Utena, Angel Sanctuary,Excel Saga, Paranioa Agent...and im sure there are many more I am forgetting.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
Anime that messed you up
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2005, 06:49:09 am »
yes! utena was weird...especially the movie.

I watched the director's commentary, to see if there was some kind of meaning behind all of it, and you know what he said?
"everyone has their own take on it. so i don't want to spoil everyone's idea with mine" <--or something close to that. lol.
bah.
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com