Author Topic: Favorite Sub Groups  (Read 3897 times)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Favorite Sub Groups
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:14:56 pm »
I'd like to know who your favorite fansub groups are. You can argue about them or not. I'm just curious as to if I am getting the most I can out of my time and effort.

I like, in no particular order; Frostii, gg, Ayako, Mazui, Eclipse, SFW, and some others.

Some make sure they don't mess with R-1 licenses, and others don't care, as they are not from the US.

I generally try to go for a more quality experience, than to have the fastest soonest. Unless low quality is all that you are going to get, such as say with uhm, nevermind. lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Favorite Sub Groups
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:25:40 am »
GG pissed me off recently with their crappy Durarara!! switching names every other sentance.
But usually I go with them due to how fast they release and the decent subs that they have.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:54:37 pm »
I'm a huge Eclipse supporter, they do pratically everything I wanna watch... O.O

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:25:55 pm »
Wow, really? I must not have found Eclipse's archive or something.

Do you do the RSS feeds, or what?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:48 am »
I like Dattebayo and shinsen subs good quality

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 12:41:30 am »
It just happens that every time I pick up an anime online at some random streaming site, like 90% of the time it says, fan subbed by Eclipse.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »
GG ftw, though I do have a soft spot for animeyuki, they were the group that got me into watching subs with their ah my goddess fansubs
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 08:40:59 pm »
I just downloaded some stuff from Anime-Works. I don't know if they are the same people who do Anime Works the liscensing company or not. But the torrents leave a bit to be desired. Bad English mostly. But then it wasn't exactly ground breaking anime to begin with,so why quibble really. I just don't expect to download much of their stuff.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 09:31:51 pm »
Maybe I should start a bad-mouthing fansub group thread.

Commie released House of Five Leaves 2 without subtitles. I think they had a patch for it the next day. Dunno went with a SFW release later.

Been getting a lot of Ryuumaru, SFW, and some new groups of late, can't remember off the top of my head here at work, wo it was that has been doing Senkou no Night Raid, they haven't been bad. Seems GG bit the dust, and Frostii died, and went back to being Froth-Bite. Their website now is some bank or something. Weird.

This Spring has been hard on fansub groups. And anidb.net has been of little use. The group members are voting themsleves 10s and their rivals ones. If people vote at all.

Some groups that I have regretted downloading their fansubs; UTW, Commie, and everyone who uses Crunchyroll for their scripts. And it's been hard to know who is good, because old faithful groups are not that anymore. And it's hard to tell when late ends and stall begins with some of them.
Have Fun

Jay