Author Topic: Karaoke Kaizoku-dan to Invade Kumoricon  (Read 8335 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Karaoke Kaizoku-dan to Invade Kumoricon
« on: June 23, 2005, 07:54:11 pm »
I am pleased to announce that we are bringing Kumoricon Karaoke to the next level with the help of Karaoke Kaizoku-dan, a group out of San Jose. These guys are ultimately devoted to taking over convention karaoke on the west coast, and I am happy to be allied with them.  You may have seen them at Fanime or Anime Expo. The group has a library of 4000+ songs, almost exclusively from anime sources or J Pop and J Rock. They provide lyric sheets for the songs on the spot, so you can perform on the fly during open mic. They will be providing online registration, answering questions on the forum, and running the karaoke contests and events during the convention. They are also aiding in the creation of the official contest rules, which should be finalized as of July 14.  Karaoke Kaizoku-dan will be answering questions about the program starting around July 14. Registration will be available online starting August 1. Any karaoke questions prior to this date should be directed directly to me.

Thank you all in advance for your participation,
Meg Uhde
2005 Karaoke Director and Evil Mantis

**Update: The deadline on the rules should read July 15 not 14th. Sorry for any inconvenience. Check the rules for clarifications, should they occur, after the official posting, to be sure you are up to date.**
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 07:31:15 am »
Yay! Lyrics!

Heh, just wait, I get all excited and run up to sing the Evangelion themes song and they hand me a sheet of kanji.
 :shock:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 04:38:13 pm »
The lyrics are in romanji, Tom. Sheesh.  :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 06:23:33 pm »
any chance of them providing "cheat sheets" that explain phonetically how to pronounce romanji dipthongs?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 10:16:32 am »
will they have TEEN TITANS!!!!! :!:  :?:  :idea:  :arrow:

hehe that would be fun! :twisted:

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
If everyone could take a look at this...
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 07:08:06 pm »
@ Panda
The group will be posting a song list on the web mid July. I will ask them to post a link. If you want a song to be on the list, post it in the 'Best Karaoke Music Ever' thread. I asked them to look there for requests. There's a chance that they could still add songs. If you want to be sure, bring your own disc. They can only use certain formats. Look at the Fanime rules for now, to see the guidelines for media. They will be listed in the Kumoricon rules, once we get them up.

@ Rem
I'm sure they could take care of that. The sounds are fairly easy to interpret in romanji, mostly long vowels (vowels that say their name, for those who don't remember). You're referring to the sound that vowels make when they are right next to each other, right? Dipthongs? i.e. the 'oe' sound in 'koe'. When they start posting, ask for a guide at the sign up table. Most of the serious contenders will already have the sounds down pat.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 10:01:35 pm »
well i would definitely not be in the "serious contender" category (though i have done a lot of performance art, which has included singing a capella, and some karaoke, mostly in drag).

realistically, i'll probably be glued to the fan creation station the whole time.

but, in a dream world in which i could borrow that nifty device that let hermione attend two simultaneous classes.......i would perform "take my revolution" (utena) and "it's no game" (a david bowie song half in english and half in japanese).
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 03:42:58 pm »
Uh, where would you sign up? Before hand or at the door or what? :oops:

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 05:08:34 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Uh, where would you sign up? Before hand or at the door or what? :oops:

Not an official here but I think this is the answer:
You sign up at the door but you should probably submit what you'll be singing beforehand on the forum so they can put lyrics up on the karaoke machine.

Offline KakashiKiba

• Oni
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 01:36:32 am »
Which thread? I mean, we can request right? @.@ I'm so confused...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 03:57:57 pm »
Quote from: "KakashiKiba"

I'm pretty sure in the one you already posted in; the "Best Karaoke Music" thread.

Offline KakashiKiba

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 03:42:03 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "KakashiKiba"

I'm pretty sure in the one you already posted in; the "Best Karaoke Music" thread.
Heh heh, well I figured that out after you told me... I'm a bit of an idiot sometimes... Thank-you.  :oops:  :lol:

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
When to register
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 07:20:49 pm »
Registration begins online August 1st. You can register at the door, but there will only be so many slots if there is a lot of interest. Everyone must attend the audition in order to participate. It will be on the first day of the con.

I'm trying my best to get everyone who auditions into a contest, but it really depends on how many enter. If we are severly overwhelmed, we may have to audition only a set amount of people. If that happens, people who registered online will take precedence.

In other words, if you want to compete, enter online early.

I doubt there will be a problem, but be prepared, just in case.

The online form will have a space for what song you intend on doing.

I hope that clears things up.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 01:36:55 pm »
Ooo!! Oo!!! I'm so excited about the Karaoke Kaizokudan!! I'm a regular at AX and this will be my first time @ KumoriCon. ^_^

Also, where will the signup list be? or do we submit by e-mail? ^_^;;

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 06:08:24 pm »
The sign up list is off the main page, under contests. There's also a link in the Karaoke Rules thread.