Author Topic: How has anime affected your life? Well besides cosplay...  (Read 1284 times)

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
How has anime affected your life? Well besides cosplay...
« on: January 22, 2010, 05:14:38 pm »
Like when I walk down the street I hear vash's theme song from trigun in my head, or I've introvertly assessed myself from watching certain anime characters and their similarities to myself... I'm just curious. Or am I the only one?

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
Re: How has anime affected your life? Well besides cosplay...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:17:29 pm »
well, i tend to make "nerd references" out of everything now. pretty much nobody can say anything without me being able to make a reference out of it! it drives my friends crazy! X3

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 05:19:57 pm »
Mine is cosplay related but it works for this too.
Sometimes I'll look at people and try to think of who they could really pull off. Some people would make such good cosplayers :'D
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:51:46 pm »
Anime has effected my life a lot, so I hate it so much when people diss it or say it 'makes you stupid' :|

(tl;dr got me into cool things instead of being just one of those outcast bookworms in the corner of the classroom)

It got me into a lot of things... Starting out it was just art and philosophy (delving into plotlines, relating them to my life and thoughts about life/death... really helped me through my angsty teenage years.) Soon it got me into other kinds of crafting, like charms and sewing. I like how my skills are pretty unique outside of the cosplay community.
With my first anime con came alternative fashions, and I started caring more about how I looked. I'm starting to get into wearing makeup now, even though I used to think it was only for preps :I and I started watching my weight so I can look good as certain characters, and so I can fit into certain Japanese brands.

I get a lot of my fashion inspiration from harajuku styles and cosplay (BUT I CAN'T AFFORD GOOD WINTER CLOTHES OTL) and I'm glad I don't wear the same ol' stuff everyone else does. Cosplay and these alternative fashions even got me into pursuing being a fashion designer, even though I have no idea how to go about it yet, it's given me some sort of goal. *_*

It also got me into Japanese (lolduh) and I'm in the top of my class, even though I skipped a year. It's another one of my goals to be a fluent translator, but again no idea how to go about these things since our school doesn't help us with it at alllll |:
And since there aren't many great cosplay photogs in the area, it's also gotten me into photography. I think I got my first camera in '08, but I've learned a lot. My current setup cost me around $550, but while it's not an SLR, it was so worth it *u*

And of course, if it weren't for Kumoricon, I wouldn't have so many friends :U
---

... Aside from that, mentally I guess, I do the same things everyone does. Imaging people around me in cosplay, make dumb references that only I seem to understand, and such. ono;
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:52:11 pm by Hazuza »

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 04:31:20 am »
It had a big effect on me! It made me smile a lot more than I used to.

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 09:48:35 am »
After watching Clannad and Air TV I tell both my parents that I love them before I go to sleep each night.  :)
Which isn't usually something teenagers my age do these days, but probably should.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:50:20 am by The_Geek »
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 05:36:40 pm »
It has improved my little knowledge of the Japanese language, which was non-existent prior to watching anime.  :D
And so it begins...