Author Topic: Be Careful What You Wish For  (Read 5089 times)

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
Be Careful What You Wish For
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:08:15 am »
What if one night you were watching bleach, then went to bed thinking “It would be so awesome if they were all real and I actually got to meet them. Especially the arrancars!”, and woke up somewhere you never would have imagined? You woke up inside Las Noches. What would you think, do, or… say to them without getting yourself killed?

This story was just a little something my friend and I came up with a couple months ago. Because both she and I think that it totally would be awesome if they were all real and we got to meet them, we decided to come up with a story. It started out just as I silly idea that we started writing about, but then turned into an actual story and I took over writing it. Your comments to this story will be very helpful as well. If my readers really enjoy it, I will be more determined to write more of it. My readers mean a lot to me ^.^

So let me know what you think of this idea so far. There are about 7 chapters so far, but here is the teaser:

-

-

Last night was awful. I tossed and turned almost all night. It was almost like I was having some horrible nightmare, trying to run away or something, but I couldn’t wake up. But finally, what seemed like forever, I awoke. I lay on my side with my eyes still shut. My back. My God it felt like someone had kicked the hell out of me. I moved my arm to reach around and rub the spot that hurt, but when I moved, that just sent the rest of my body into a spiral of pain. That’s when I noticed something. I wasn’t lying in my soft bed that I had fallen asleep in. I was on what felt like a hard, cold, concrete flood. I opened my eyes and sat up to look around me, but all my eyes found were darkness. ‘Where am I?’ I thought to myself. ‘Is this some sort of trick my friends are pulling on me?’ I had always been one for being pranked on, but this wasn’t like my friends. Something about the area I was at that didn’t seem right. There was an eerie feeling in the air that sent a shiver down my back.

In the dark, I listened. Nothing. Not a single sound could be heard. No voices, no birds, no wind. Nothing at all. I could see what seemed like a glimmer of light, but it was far away. All the way across the room I was in. Or at least that’s what I thought I was in anyways. I did not dare move, for in fear of what could be next to me, behind me, or even right in front of me. But I had to do something. I had no way in telling how long I could be stuck here before finding out where the hell I was. I slowly began to lean forward; putting my hands out in front of me on the ground to feel what might be waiting in front of me. So far, there was nothing. I slid my hands a little farther, now beginning to move my body forward as well.

That’s when it happened. All the lights suddenly began to turn on. They first started from afar, where I had first seen that glimmer of light and continued to turn on, one by one, until they got to the spot where I was. I backed up quickly out of instinct, not thinking before my actions. I suddenly bumped into something. ‘Oh God. What is-’. All words went silent as soon as I laid my eyes on what was before me. ‘No…t-this…this can’t be!’

-

-

Please go to: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5415324/1/Be_Careful_What_You_Wish_For for more chapters! Thankies!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:10:07 am by GrimmUlqui64 »

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
Re: Be Careful What You Wish For
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:14:36 pm »
for any of those who might be reading this, a new chapter should be coming soon!!!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 04:40:12 pm »
I'm at work right now, but am posting here to remind myself to come back to this thread & read this! I <3 Fanfics! Hope you enter our KC Fanfic contest!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:26:46 pm »
Hm... I'm not a fan of first person POV, however this looks interesting...
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:39:18 pm »
I'm at work right now, but am posting here to remind myself to come back to this thread & read this! I <3 Fanfics! Hope you enter our KC Fanfic contest!

A KC fanfic contest?? Like... here on the site?? or at the con itself?? because i was asking someone else about if there was a fanfic contest thing to enter my story in...but they didnt know. haha

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 01:01:09 pm »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 09:30:44 am »
[A KC fanfic contest?? Like... here on the site?? or at the con itself?? because i was asking someone else about if there was a fanfic contest thing to enter my story in...but they didnt know. haha
[/quote]

Hi! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been able to put time into the KC website; I've been moving, and without online access nearly every day for a month, other than from my phone, which can only do yahoo, gmail, myspace & facebook.....

Yes! Kumoricon has held a Fanfic Contest every year since our first in 2003! Full details & rules should be posted soon. That contest is for written fics, from drabbles to novella or novel-length fics, manga & webcomics. We also hold Fanfiction Bedtime Stories, our signature event at Creation Station: An open mic for fanfiction (and original fiction). You can read your own work or have someone read it for you. Adult content welcome for our 18+ Adult Fanfic Bedtime Stories (typically at midnight, after curfew).

As for your idea & for writing in 1st person, I enjoy such approaches. I can't comment on anything specific, because if I beta, you can't enter the piece in our contests! Hope to see you at KC!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).