Forum re-organization

<< < (2/4) > >>

oslapedo:
Ick, Sakuracon forums.

AllyKat:
I'd have to disagree... for one thing... at least for me;

This forum is tones of BLUE
Sakuracon is tones of.... oh noes!

Well yeah but we have an Announcement Board!
Sak has.... ACK!

Well, we seperate our off topic or not kumoricon related boards from everything else,
Sakura.... dangit!

Aha!

We have 3 Sections to our boards... they only have TWO! ^_^
See! There! We are different!

Srsly guys... It really hasn't changed THAT much... it's just easier to know what goes where, so policing and hunting for threads isn't so... sparatic. What makes it into each forum is now pretty streamline;

Anime and Japanese Culture Stuff Goes Here
Random Junk Goes there
Conventions that aren't K-con go in this room
Conventions that are K-con go in that room

You get the picture? That way if you haven't been on the site for 5 years... you can find what you want, quickly simply and without as much "I don't know where to put this so..."

k?

~Allykat

NightLotus:

--- Quote from: plus-one on January 23, 2010, 01:15:00 pm ---The new layout really hasn't bothered me at all since I mostly just use the "Show unread posts since last visit." button.

In fact, if you hadn't told me it was different I wouldn't even have noticed. XD

--- End quote ---
same here!

JeffT:
It really made no sense to have a "General" topic. Everything in "General" was also on-topic in some other forum area. So what would happen any time we have a popular topic of discussion, is there'd be a thread for it in "General", and a thread for it in that other forum area.

The old "News" and "Contests" topics also had this overlap. That's why they were eliminated last year and all their contents moved into the already existing forum areas where their threads fit.

Last year, we eliminated the overlap of "General" with "Off-Topic". Just now, we eliminated the remaining overlap with anime-related topics, and with con-related topics. There was already a topic for "Help", so every subject of discussion that related to Kumoricon had a thread in there and a thread in "General".

When there's a forum topic, and every single thread in it neatly fits into a different topic, it's a really good candidate for deletion. "News" and "Contests" were like that last year, and "General" has always been like this and we finally took care of that.

Guys, please don't talk about the Sakura-Con forums in this thread. It's really inappropriate as it's an unfounded attack on them and it's not related to the problems we're trying to solve by re-organizing the forums--and it's not discussion, it's innuendo.

AllyKat:
-Jeff, in this next post I am not trying to be little you, I am just trying to make a joke about your previous post that lightens the mood, but I will promise there is something relevant in the post too! -

First Rule of Kumoricon Forums is: You Do NOT talk about Sakuracon Forums

Second Rule of Kumoricon Forums is: You Do NOT talk about Sakuracon Forums

Third Rule of Kumoricon Forums is: Have Fun!  ;D

That third rule really should be the key here guys; The reformation of anything is the destruction of nothing, human kind can still go on living with this new format for the K-con boards. Nothing was lost, just changed. The boards are about having fun and connecting with the K-con and Anime loving community so, I say... forget the rest of the beauracratic junk and just go out and have a good time conversing and learning about anime with friends!

~Allykat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version