Author Topic: Looking For Fellow Friends!!!  (Read 4999 times)

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
Looking For Fellow Friends!!!
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:59:39 pm »
Hola people!!  :D

My friend and I are in a bit of a situation and we hope we can solve our problem by posting this here! ^_^

The two of us live out in Medford (oregon), and have no cosplay/anime loving friends.  :'( Sure we have a few that like anime, and would MAYBE do some small cosplay stuff with us for fun, but there is no one into it like us. We are new to cosplay, just getting into this past year, but our love for it grew stronger and stronger. We have only seen two animes so far, and have also never been to any type of con before. We...know...nothing  ::) hahaha Although we have seen Death Note (and love it), our favorite is Bleach. We're like...totally obsessed with that show! haha I love Ulquiorra (and Grimmjow!!), and just ordered my cosplay outfit of him today and cant wait to use it at Kumoricon! My friend will be ordering Gin's outfit! XD 

Here is what we would like to know... Since we have never been to a con before and would also love to have other Bleach ((or just anime in general)) friends, we'd love to know who all lives in Medford and would maybe like to becomes friends haha let the cosplayer's unite!!!!!!  ;D

I'm Amanda by the way! And my friend is Ashley ^_^ She doesnt have an account on here yet sadly hahaha I shall push her to make one!!  ;)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Looking For Fellow Friends!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:07:25 pm »
Well welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can find some friends. If you want to meet other bleach cosplayers there is probably a topic. I'm not too sure about meeting people in Medford. You could always make a topic in the cosplay section about it ^_^

Here is the bleach topic. http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11728.0

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:09:55 pm »
Thankies! I'm really new to this site so it will take a little while before I know where everything is hahaha

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 06:11:29 pm »
It isn't too hard to figure out. Is there any other questions you have? I would be happy to answer them ^_^

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:14:02 pm »
everyone here is super duper nice so i know you'll fit in real fast! ^____^

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 06:18:43 pm »
Aww! I feel so loved already!! ^_^ *huggles everyone!*

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 06:19:34 pm »
hahaha *huggles back* so do you think you're coming to the con this year?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 06:22:33 pm »
I actually think a photographer is in that area....and a few of my friends live close by in Grants Pass. Here is a link to the photographers DA page. He takes some great pictures http://jailbreakdesigns.deviantart.com/ and I am pretty sure he lives in Medford

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 06:40:18 pm »

I hope to God that I can go hahaha I found out about Kumoricon just last september, the weekend AFTER it happend, and thought "omg! I have to go next year!" But I have to get a job to save up the money. Its not going to be cheap for me haha I have the gas money, food money, entry money, parking money, gift money, hotel money...ect... hahahaha but im willing to do that! But theres another problem..... since I have not been to any con before...i wouldnt want to go alone. As to why I'd be going with a friend, even though she hasnt been to one either hahaha but....she has a baby, who will be 1 year in july, and....well we dont know if we'll be able to get a babysitter for her or not. If we dont, we could always bring her with us (bc 5 and under are free???)...but... she would take up time and all that haha also.....my friends mom is gunna be hard to ask if she can go......shes not gunna wanna let her go... but..... her and i are 19.... so TECHNICALLY we can go if we really wanted to hahahaha AND...we'd be paying for it all haha they wouldnt have to pay a penny

wow... i write too much haha sorries!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:47:19 pm by GrimmUlqui64 »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 06:46:27 pm »
ah medford..... that is my home town, its been so long since i have spent any real time there. I lived at the edge of town And went to griffen creek grade school.    my aunt and grandma live in rouge city near grants pass
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 06:48:10 pm »
ah medford..... that is my home town, its been so long since i have spent any real time there. I lived at the edge of town And went to griffen creek grade school.    my aunt and grandma live in rouge city near grants pass

My friend and I went to Griffin Creek too!!! How cool! haha when did you move? ...or did you? haha

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:49:09 pm »

I hope to God that I can go hahaha I found out about Kumoricon just last september, the weekend AFTER it happend, and thought "omg! I have to go next year!" But I have to get a job to save up the money. Its not going to be cheap for me haha I have the gas money, food money, entry money, parking money, gift money, hotel money...ect... hahahaha but im willing to do that! But theres another problem..... since I have not been to any con before...i wouldnt want to go alone. As to why I'd be going with a friend, even though she hasnt been to one either hahaha but....she has a baby, who will be 1 year in july, and....well we dont know if we'll be able to get a babysitter for her or not. If we dont, we could always bring her with us (bc 5 and under are free???)...but... she would take up time and all that haha also.....my friends mom is gunna be hard to ask if she can go......shes not gunna wanna let her go... but..... her and i are 19.... so TECHNICALLY we can go if we really wanted to hahahaha AND...we'd be paying for it all haha they wouldnt have to pay a penny

wow... i write too much haha sorries!

you should totally try to go though. i thank Tyki that my dad moved to Portland so i get to just crash at his place and he has to drive me and my friends around! XD

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 06:51:09 pm »

[/quote]
you should totally try to go though. i thank Tyki that my dad moved to Portland so i get to just crash at his place and he has to drive me and my friends around! XD
[/quote]

We might actually have a friend who may be living in Portland that we could stay there hahaha but.... then my friend and i came to the conclusion that we'd love to get the FULL effect and stay AT the holet hehehehehe adds to the experience haha

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 06:52:53 pm »
We might actually have a friend who may be living in Portland that we could stay there hahaha but.... then my friend and i came to the conclusion that we'd love to get the FULL effect and stay AT the holet hehehehehe adds to the experience haha

yeah, i wish i could do that too but my dad just live so close that i might as well. saves money, y'know.

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 06:56:06 pm »
Hahaha totally lolzzz

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 07:54:14 pm »
lets see i went to kindergarten thru chunks of second (bad parents divorce, we moved to laffet then back to medford then back to laf) So when i was 8...1990 or 91?    so about 19 years ago, we would visit back n fourth during the year and still spent a good chunk of summers till i was about 13 -15)        ah last time I felt true school pride was at that school... do they still have the agony of defeat race? is bucky beaver the school mascot? DO THEY STILL DO THE MOUSE WHO SAVED CHRISTMAS pagent?!? is the school song still start "griffin creek grade school hat's off to thee"?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline GrimmUlqui64

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 07:59:00 pm »
Hahaha I honestly wouldnt really know lolz I'm in college now so its been quite some time since i've been there hahaha