Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY RANT.  (Read 12907 times)

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
FINAL FANTASY RANT.
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:16:42 pm »

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
Re: FINAL FANTASY RANT.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:59:18 pm »
Wow...lol...ya know that whole thing screams "I got payed to make this".  Things were just taken way to seriously, yeah lets invite him over to kick him in the nuts :O.

Always Bored, contact my msn if you want to chat.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:01:13 pm »
If anyone is a smart Computer nerd person can you send spyware to this guy or something?!

That would be awesome.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:50:31 pm »
LOL, video was hilarious!  That guy did a GREAT JOB TROLLING all the idiots over at IGN.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:43:18 pm by KogaRyu »
Team Koga

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:54:04 pm »
I think it's kind of funny about the whole turn-based battle, and he complains about it in all of the FF games. It changed a lot, haha!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 06:12:33 pm »
As much as that guy was a douche I agree with everything he said about the game.
Final Fantasy was actually good in my opinion from 1-4. After that, besides some of the Crystal Chronical games and Tactics, it's evolved into a looooooooooooong cinematic movie with little game play.

WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:09:36 pm »
As much as that guy was a douche I agree with everything he said about the game.
Final Fantasy was actually good in my opinion from 1-4. After that, besides some of the Crystal Chronical games and Tactics, it's evolved into a looooooooooooong cinematic movie with little game play.

I agree but in the end Cosplay is where it is at lol

China bound!!!

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »
Some people in this thread aren't prepared for the internet -_- Nice troll though, would love to see a vid with the email responses.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:47:03 pm by ha~ma »

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 09:38:15 pm »
Some people in this thread aren't prepared for the internet -_- Nice troll though, would love to see a vid with the email responses.

I can just picture it..

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 01:49:22 am »
After that, besides some of the Crystal Chronical games and Tactics, it's evolved into a looooooooooooong cinematic movie with little game play.

I definitely disagree on the cutscenes since the gameplay through side-quests, and even real gameplay on FF's are bountiful and plenty.  Xenosaga even makes final fantasy cut-scenes look like 15 second recaps.  Then he could talk about the 2 hour cutscene at the end of metal gear solid 4, or how that game had cutscenes that were half an hour long.  He definitely is right about turn based battle, but it just seems like it's taking things to seriously.  I may find it unrealistic but he might as well talk about how airships and rideable chickens are stupid.  Everything he says may be true but should that stuff really piss off someone to that degree? ^_-   I'm pretty sure he just picked a game series to rant on for some money regardless of how much he hated it or not and just tried to sell the rant.  Anywho I still found it funny but found myself doubting he made the video simply because he hates final fantasy so bad.

<3 you boogie, talk to you online :3
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:51:00 am by squall leonheart »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:33 am »
If anyone is a smart Computer nerd person can you send spyware to this guy or something?!

That would be awesome.
Would you kindly mail a bomb to the politician of your choice? No? Didn't think so.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 03:50:50 pm »
You can't fix a bomb that blew your head off. You can fix spyware easily.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 05:19:57 pm »
Still a felony, and no, not necessarily. Major corporations have come to my company for data loss issues. They lost millions.

A human life these days is worth $4,700,000. If the data is worth more than that...

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 05:27:04 pm »
You can't fix a bomb that blew your head off. You can fix spyware easily.
Lost productivity due to viruses and spyware could cost you your job. Even if you have a fantastic secure and foolproof (albeit paranoid :x) backup / prevention system I have going it still takes a while to reinstall Windows / your basics (or in my case writing the drive image). Imagine if you aren't as prepared as I. You could really lose it all.
And on spyware being easy to remove lol. You may as well reinstall because modern spyware / viruses are very difficult to remove. How about I send you some spyware or viruses in your email / AIM / PM and you try?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:27:54 pm by ha~ma »

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 09:30:12 am »
Eh, he's american that's all I have to say @_@

I can appreciate stupid games sometimes (IE Halo, Mass Effect, nigh everything on the 360) and just shrug and say "It was good for what it was, but it's not my thing" I always <3 Final Fantasy. 5 is epic, 1-4 were awesome, 6 was cool, 7-9 not so hot, but then 10 and 12 came out and rocked face (I LOVE FF10!) and 13 looks like it will not dissapoint ('cept the failbox360 version which is cutting a bunch of material lolololol)
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline sakata1

• Oni
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 08:39:44 pm »
The end of FF 7 made me cry....
lol
"The key to good teaching is getting inside the students head...like with a hand drill, or a chisel...something metallic with a edge on it, but it can't be like a saw, or you'll just take the whole damn skull off"
-Eikichi Onizuka

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 08:45:08 pm »

That would be awesome.
There's one you can buy at most electronics stores.  It's called Windows Vista.  It just sits on 800MB of RAM and the only good way to remove it is a reformat.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 12:47:43 am »

That would be awesome.
There's one you can buy at most electronics stores.  It's called Windows Vista.  It just sits on 800MB of RAM and the only good way to remove it is a reformat.
Windows 7 too.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 02:57:30 pm »

I agree with this. And personally most of the good characters are in the earlier games and hand held's. I love tactics, it's so much fun to play.

I like FF but not all of them and really even then I'm not that big of a fan. But this guy made me angry and laugh at the same time. He was pretty much right on most of it especially the cosplay thing. XD
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 03:08:33 pm »
I like Final Fantasy X for the sole reason that Auron's in it and Auron is the bomb diggity.

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 09:19:35 pm »

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 06:42:28 am »
I love the FF series...would defend it to the end with the exception of a couple titles that I didn't care for the gameplay. They offer hours of entertainment, especially if you are a grinder & side-quester like me. Each of them has offered great re-play value...I have played through almost all of them at least 5 times each & still have fun each time. I personally did not care for FF12 because of the battle system...hated it. Story was amazing though.

(I LOVE FF10!)
THIS, 9, 7 & 3/6

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 07:55:13 am »
That reeked of try-too-hard. I've always liked FF, but I'll be one of the first (well, in theory anyway) to say that I've grown tired of XIII before it has even been released. His argument about cutscenes has never been more valid than with XIII. They have released, like, 5 different "Trailers" for the game, which are actually just up to 20 minutes of collected various cutscenes. I can't believe the plot twists they are throwing into the wind with these "trailers" of theirs.

It actually really puts me off, knowing that, by all accounts of observation, XIII has less gameplay than cutscenes. That's why I have loved the games building up to XIII (excluding XII which was a dook-drop of ridiculous proportions) - they had the perfect balance of in-game and cutscene. But XIII - it has me nervous like I haven't been in a while. The few scraps of actual game footage I've seen look great, but they just are not marketing any of that. All I'm seeing are excessively long and boring cutscenes of people talking about various factions that have no relevancy to me because I haven't played the game yet.

But yeah, that guy's rant felt fake and, he voiced legitimate arguments, but it isn't like they were profound. They are the same arguments everyone has against RPG's in general - I took no offense because I've heard it all before.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 09:47:19 am »
(excluding XII which was a dook-drop of ridiculous proportions)
Wow...couldn't have been said any better. You sir, have an exceptional way with words :P

I will play XIII no matter what...it is my duty as a fan to give it a fair chance. I do love the beautiful cutscenes in games but there still has to be at least an equal amount of gameplay to it. Hopefully, the gameplay isn't awful like XII was.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 06:26:27 pm »
That reeked of try-too-hard. I've always liked FF, but I'll be one of the first (well, in theory anyway) to say that I've grown tired of XIII before it has even been released. His argument about cutscenes has never been more valid than with XIII. They have released, like, 5 different "Trailers" for the game, which are actually just up to 20 minutes of collected various cutscenes. I can't believe the plot twists they are throwing into the wind with these "trailers" of theirs.

It actually really puts me off, knowing that, by all accounts of observation, XIII has less gameplay than cutscenes. That's why I have loved the games building up to XIII (excluding XII which was a dook-drop of ridiculous proportions) - they had the perfect balance of in-game and cutscene. But XIII - it has me nervous like I haven't been in a while. The few scraps of actual game footage I've seen look great, but they just are not marketing any of that. All I'm seeing are excessively long and boring cutscenes of people talking about various factions that have no relevancy to me because I haven't played the game yet.

But yeah, that guy's rant felt fake and, he voiced legitimate arguments, but it isn't like they were profound. They are the same arguments everyone has against RPG's in general - I took no offense because I've heard it all before.

Ooooh, I agree, Eve. I grew sick of FFXIII a long time ago. xD There's what... three games in it alone? With FFVII and FFXIII sequelling and expanding like they are, I'm getting the feeling that Square has gone beyond milking the cash cow to beating it's dead, rotten corpse. In my opinion the last great FF game was FFX, and the best was FFIX followed closely by FFVI.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 04:47:01 am »
WELL, while I am not quite sharing the opinion of already growing tired, I certainly do have my skepticisms about XIII.  I always am excited for the next installment in hopes that it'll be great and blow my mind, but I think I'm going to have to agree just about 100% with Mitsukai here...
Ooooh, I agree, Eve. I grew sick of FFXIII a long time ago. xD There's what... three games in it alone? With FFVII and FFXIII sequelling and expanding like they are, I'm getting the feeling that Square has gone beyond milking the cash cow to beating it's dead, rotten corpse. In my opinion the last great FF game was FFX, and the best was FFIX followed closely by FFVI.
However I still have to get on playing FFVI, waiting for roomy to finish it.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 06:58:31 am »
I agree, Mitsukai. It's not that I'm against expanding the worlds they create; I think the things they have done with VII have been nice because there are holes that can be filled in. These are characters that I have come to love and knowing their histories/side-adventures genuinely interests me.

But when they promise to expand on a universe that essentially means nothing to us yet, it loses its purpose. The point of expanding on things is that they have laid the foundation and it has proved to be worth the time and effort. With VII, they didn't expand on it until the audience proved that the characters and world had become loved. With XIII, they are taking liberties releasing all these expansions while skipping the verification step - it's taking a giant leap of faith, assuming that everything they do is instantly golden in the gamer's eyes, and I think they have forgotten that making pretty characters and worlds was never the reason people loved FF. But at the moment that seems to be all they are marketing XIII with.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 07:17:34 am »
I really hope for the sake of all FF fans, that SE did a good job on this game. You guys are all right IMO about XIII...they are putting way too much faith in thinking that everyone is going to welcome it as an instant classic. I love the beautiful CS's as much as the rest...but they don't mean anything if I don't grow to love the characters, story, & world. I'm sure I don't stand alone when I say, "I'm crossing my fingers, hoping that my $60+ isn't a total waste of money & time."

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 11:54:10 am »
Eh, he's american that's all I have to say @_@
*nods*
Because he apparently can't read....

and moogles made it through the games, the classes all stayed, and if you want a hot nerd girl on top of you, Mister, I would advise not insulting final fantasy, which is the only reason they're dressing like hoes anyways (Don't take me the wrong way, the outfits are skimpy, but the characters are cool enough to cosplay~)

And yeah, cut scenes royally suck when they are around 60 minutes long, but for christ's sake, just hit start, and X and skip them, you really don't have to sit around b*tching to us about your hate...

And it did seem a little fake... I would like to see someone email him, and see if he actually responds :D
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 05:25:58 pm »
I would like to quote something as far as FF XIII is concerned.  It may prove some clarification because I get the idea people think that the games are going to be incredibly similar or follow the same exact story.

"Fabula Nova Crystallis (which means "the New Tale of the Crystal" in Latin) is based on various worlds and different characters, but each game will be "ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos." According to Square Enix, they all take place in the same universe, but are not directly related to each other."

To make things more clear.

"Co-producer Shinji Hashimoto says "Consider that development is simultaneously ongoing for three FFXIII's—each not only on different platforms (advertised as PS3 for FF Versus XIII and FFXIII (as well as Xbox 360 for FFXIII in the USA, Europe and Australia only), and PSP for FF Agito XIII), but [featuring] different worlds and stories that are bound by a common mythology [of the crystal]. By gaining inspiration from the mythology, these independent FFXIIIs evolve uniquely. The Fabula Nova Crystallis project is not a collection of sequels or ports but several original titles that exist alongside each other"."

I would have to guess that they're making 3 games based off the fact they had 3 ideas they couldn't turn down that followed the same principle of "a common mythos".  How good each of those individual ideas will be I don't know.  If these were indeed going to be the same exact story and such, I wouldn't be half as intersted I don't think.  My biggest interest right now lies in the potential of XIII versus since the entire team designing it, pulled designers that worked on my favorite aspects from each individual final fantasy game (that I've played).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:32:40 pm by squall leonheart »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 11:49:19 pm »
I think he is trying to do a Caustic Critic act.  Like Zero Punctuation.

PS: Him being American(presuming he is) shouldn't have anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:50:25 pm by Seraph »
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 06:50:01 am »
My biggest interest right now lies in the potential of XIII versus since the entire team designing it, pulled designers that worked on my favorite aspects from each individual final fantasy game (that I've played).
My G/F & I both agree with this ^ FFXIII Versus is the installment that we were most interested to see...although we will give each one a chance.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 09:20:59 pm »
My biggest interest right now lies in the potential of XIII versus since the entire team designing it, pulled designers that worked on my favorite aspects from each individual final fantasy game (that I've played).
My G/F & I both agree with this ^ FFXIII Versus is the installment that we were most interested to see...although we will give each one a chance.

Good cause if you didn't I would call you both followers of Pat's ways

China bound!!!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 07:01:37 am »
Lol Griff...nah, I will play all FF installments even if they suck. It just means that when I dislike them, I will never play them again lol. I still haven't finished the story to 12 because I hated the gameplay...probably just gonna read the rest of that one.

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 01:20:49 am »
Good cause if you didn't I would call you both followers of Pat's ways

I don't get it x.x.  And you might be better off doing just that cyprus.  The story was...strong I felt, but oh so very lacking.  Also the characters were generally boring and unchanging, ruining character development.  The only good thing that came out of XII was balthier.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 06:02:28 am »
Ya, we will play them all...just crossing my fingers that we don't have a repeat of XII  :( I miss the old days of FF lol...the classics never get old for me.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 12:44:37 pm »
I love Final Fantasy and Dragon warrior/quest. that said...

When the games went form sprinte based to the world of 3d the game began to suffer from longer and longer cut scenes and movie sequences which while pretty take away from the over all experience.

The 2 games I will hold outside this statement are final antasy 7 (classic and great), and Dragon Quest 8 (pure awsome)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:03 pm »
When the games went form sprinte based to the world of 3d the game began to suffer from longer and longer cut scenes and movie sequences which while pretty take away from the over all experience.
I completely agree with this statement.

I've heard that FFXIII has some very long cutscenes....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 03:52:00 pm by Seraph »

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 08:02:51 pm »
Unless you were born sometime after 1995, you'll actually understand what this guy was attempting to imply (even if it WAS all fake), and see that some of the comments have a little merit. It's true that most polygon based RPGs with long cutscenes lead the players along by the hand, replacing exploration and gameplay with dialog and awesome graphics. Older RPGs had a lot more difficulty, more storyline to uncover by having to talk to NPCs instead of them talking to you, and more exploration in having to search for the next step.

Simply, the RPG genre as a whole is changing. There are people that claim that Super Mario Bros. is an RPG because you play the role as Mario. ....   These new RPGs are being catered for them, in my opinion. Now they can see what an RPG "should be" (slight sarcasm).

But what do you like in a game these days? Gameplay or story? Because unless you decide to take the industry into your own hands, it's unlikely you'll find a classic genre like that again. I could be wrong, of course...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:21:43 pm by dshwshr55 »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 10:10:24 pm »
@dshwshr55
Are you refering to Gameplay And Story Segregation ?

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 10:39:47 pm »
... ...?
I've never heard of it. I was just stating a casual observation.
That's crazy, though! It sounds like some kind of government appeal or something.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2010, 10:52:52 pm »
And as for the whole cloud drinking a cocktail, well you know that saying "its not gay if its an elf"?
...or a final fantasy character?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids