OK - Thank you for your previous comments and discussions, and HERE WE GO!!!
SEVEN AMV CATEGORIES:
1. INTENSITY Similar to an 'Action' category. A strong and solid audio and visual story engaging the audience with impact, high suspense, and gripping scenes throughout.
2. GENKI! The sugar-blast category. Light and fun exuberant works, possibly using dance beat. Themes with a fun-for-all, positive feel or outcome.
3. JIDAIGEKKI, Plus a Little Afterward. This category is an open format, with the only criterion being anime illustrating any Japanese historical settings up through the Tai-Sho Era (大正時代, ending in 1926.)
4. RETRO Each submission must satisfy two of the three conditions below:
* Video is any anime from released before or during 1995AD, and excluding Neon Genesis Evangelion
* Video color must be mostly or completely de-saturated to appear as tratitional black and white footage or heavily aged footage. Screen treatment such as scratches, silent movie era text frames, or mechanical projector foibles are optional.
* Audio is any music, radio, or TV broadcasts released before or duriong 1995AD.
5. RANDOM AMUSEMENT This is a broader category than Comedy / Parody; it also includes bizarre or off-beat works that con-fuse as well as a-muse.
6. TRAILERS Includes fake commercials, TV spots, and movie and game trailers. May use actual advertising audio or a fictitious creation in the style of a commercial, trailer, or fake episode opening credits. Serious and intriguing dual-openers will also show in this category. Comedy trailers may get redirected to RANDOM AMUSEMENT.
7. EFFECTS This is where the high-speed music and flashy stuff meet. Take your Bonine® and buckle in!
Visit the site for submission details and deadlines.
Director of programming may make changes after her review.
(I will notify you of that here.)