Author Topic: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...  (Read 186350 times)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2011, 01:00:44 am »
Watched The Borrower Arrietty with English subs in DTS 7.1 surround BR-DVD.
FroZen /Frostii subs also released two new episodes of Yawara today.
Best Father's Day ever!

I'll be playing The Borrower Arrietty during my Anime Friday this week.  It isn't due to hit the states till February 2012 as an English dub by Disney.  It is the newest release from Studio Ghibli.  If you don't want to wait that long, come by and see it with us.  ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2011, 10:54:49 pm »
I guess I shouldn't say "currently" since I technically finished it last night, but I knocked out AnoHana in about two days AND I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! It really resonated with me in a lot of ways, the characters each have their own particular struggle that I think most people dealing with growing up can relate to. Maybe it's because I'm at an age where I'm overly nostalgic about how things were as a kid, or maybe because I've actually dealt with losses similar to that in the anime, but this series really got to me in all the best ways. <3
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2011, 03:07:03 am »
I just recently finished Soul Eater. That was a pretty amazing Anime.

Next up is Tokyo Majin which I've already seen the first episode of. And I've got to say I think I might be already hooked.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2011, 11:48:53 pm »
The movie Colorful. Unless you are English where it's Colourful.

Brilliant movie. But it won't be for everyone. It's just about josei for a target audience. That's Japanese for chick flick. HA! lol

Perhaps you're referring to a different Colorful than I am thinking, but I was pretty sure that Colorful was a series, and certainly not a chick flick...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2011, 02:24:39 am »

Brilliant movie. But it won't be for everyone. It's just about josei for a target audience. That's Japanese for chick flick. HA! lol

Perhaps you're referring to a different Colorful than I am thinking, but I was pretty sure that Colorful was a series, and certainly not a chick flick...

Colorful (2010)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2011, 09:18:07 am »

Colorful (2010)

...yeah, that's what I thought.  What I'm thinking of is an ecchi anime made in 1999.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »
I'm getting back into Durarara now that it's on Adult Swim, but I'm mainly watching the second season of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.

Save Caprica!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2011, 05:28:49 pm »
^ I've only seen a few episodes of Season 2... I would like to see how the whole thing plays out, though.

Has anyone heard of Infinite Stratos?  That's a pretty sweet series!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #358 on: July 06, 2011, 05:20:27 am »
I haven't been able to really get into anything lately... I'll watch like an episode or two then stop and not really get back into it. The last one I watched in it's entirety was Fractle a couple months ago.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #359 on: July 06, 2011, 11:19:23 am »
I haven't been able to really get into anything lately... I'll watch like an episode or two then stop and not really get back into it. The last one I watched in it's entirety was Fractle a couple months ago.

Yeah, I've been having this problem too...I didn't really get into any of the spring animes, except for Ano Hana. I tried watching Hana Saku Iroha and Deadman Wonderland but idk, I couldn't get into it.

But right now I started watching Tiger and Bunny and I have to say it's pretty good so far.
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #360 on: July 06, 2011, 01:40:45 pm »
I liked Hidan no Aria, Hanasaku Iroha, Astarotte no Omocha!, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi, A Channel and Dog Days as well as Tiger & Bunny and Ano Hana

SKET Dance, Nichijou, and Ao no Exorcist are still holding my interest.  I also enjoyed the second season of The World Only God Knows.

Honorable mention to Battle Girls and Softenni.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:03 pm »
This is the first week for the new shows.  Here are a few of the ones that have grabbed my attention:

Kamisama no Memo-chou – aka God’s Notebook.  The story centers around a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) detective girl named Alice and her assistant, a high school freshman boy named Fujishima Narumi.   This show is a definite win!  We WILL be watching this.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée - The story takes place in the second half of the 19th century, as Japanese culture gains popularity in the West. A young Japanese girl, Yune, accompanies a French traveller, Oscar, on his journey back to France, and offers to help at the family's ironwork shop in Paris. Oscar's nephew and shopowner Claude reluctantly accepts to take care of Yune, and we learn how those two, who have so little in common, get to understand each other and live together in the Paris of the 1800s.  Another win. Feels sort of like Victorian Romance Emma.  I look forward to the next episode.  Yune encounters cheese.

Sacred Seven - In a port city within the Kantou region Tandouji Aruma lives a lonely and solitary life. One day, he is approached by Aiba Ruri who asks for his help, for the power of the Sacred Seven which resides within Aruma. However, Aruma turns her away. In the past, Aruma had hurt people with that power. Since that moment, he had foresworn it.  When the peaceful city is attacked by a monster, Aruma reluctantly decides to use the Sacred Seven. However, his powers go berserk and the situation becomes even more dire. At that moment, Ruri comes to his aid.  This show is actually pretty good.  Unbelievable in the extreme, but still fun to watch.  I like how Ruri has an entire female maid army at her disposal.  She also appears to have unlimited funds.  Aruma, on the other hand, is living hand to mouth as a hermit.  I’ll keep watching.

Blade - Whilst pregnant with him, Blade's mother was attacked by a vampire. As a result, he was born as a "Day Walker", with a mix of vampire and human blood flowing through his veins. He possesses the superhuman strength, senses, and regenerative abilities of vampires, but not their vulnerability to sunlight. By utilizing these strengths, combined with his skills in both armed and unarmed combat, he has vanquished many vampires.  Blade has now come to Japan where he is confronted by Deacon Frost, the vampire who attacked his mother. At Frost's command is "Existence", a vampire organization whose members have been modified by Frost.  The newest Marvel addition.  So far I am liking this one.  It feels about the same as Wolverine did.

Nurarihyon no Mago:  Sennen Makyou – At first glance, Nura Rikuo seems like nothing more than a normal middle-schooler. In actual fact, he is grandson of Nurarihyon, master of a youkai clan. Having only recently resolved the hostilities between the Nura Clan and the Shikoku Yokai, Rikuo finds no rest as an ancient enemy of the Nura Clan, Haguromo-Gitsune, resurfaces. After 400 years of inactivity, Haguromo-Gitsune suddenly sweeps through Kyoto with overwhelming power.  THEY’RE BACK!  The long awaited sequel to one of my favorite anime.  The first story answers many questions I had about things from the first season, as well as refreshes all of the characters and informs us of their intent.  A definite MUST SEE on my list.

Natsume Yuujinchou San - Natsume Takashi, with the help of Nyanko-sensei, continues his adventures to free spirits contracted by his grandmother Natsume Reiko in the "Book of Friends".  Another series sequel from another favorite anime.  I wonder if there will be anything left of the “Book of Friends” by the end of the series.  I guess I’ll have to just keep watching to find out;D

YuruYuri - Four fun-loving schoolgirls take over the former room of a tea ceremony club for their own "Gorakubu" (amusement club).  OK, this show is the funny, slapstick, comedy, parody, sensation of the season.  I felt like I was watching K-ON, A Channel, Nichijou, and Lucky Star, all blended together.  It is fun to watch, if just a bit over the top.

Morita-san wa Mukuchi - Morita Mayu is a highschool girl who rarely speaks. The reason behind it is not because she doesn’t like to talk nor because she has nothing to say. The reason she rarely speaks is due to the fact she thinks too much before speaking, thus losing the timing to speak altogether. I have the OVA and the preview for this new series.  I like it so far.  Makes me think of another show about a girl who is misunderstood in school.

Kamisama Dolls - Kyouhei, after moving away to Tokyo from his old town to get away from the events that happened, is on a goukon with his friends, including his old neighbor, Shiba. After drinking for a whole night, he and Shiba discover a dead, bloody, body in the elevator. He is told by his younger sister, Utao with her Kamisama Doll, that Aki, an old friend, and his Doll, are the culprits responsible. (Scary music) BWA ha ha!  This is the dark drama event, running against Blade for that position this season.  I wasn’t sure what to think of this show, the art looks all cutesy, and the characters are lovable, but the antagonist, Aki, is a total amoral serial killer, and the village that everyone is from sounds like a fanatical religious cult.  I’ll watch a few more episodes, but this one is on my wait and see list.   :-\

Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel: Kyun Kyun Tokimeki Paradise!! - Minazuki Haruka and Kannazuki Aoi are two students at St.Cherine academy. Haruka is always filled with bubbly energy while Aoi is more mature and a top student in all her classes - but despite their differences the two are the best of friends. The two girls look like any other girls attending the academy, but the truth is they are hiding a little secret that they can't let anybody know about...  During the day they really are just students at St.Cherine academy, but by night they become the Twin Angels, and fight against the evils of the town!  The lovely Angels are back, and it's time for them to get ready for some action!  I watched the OVA a few years ago, this is a light and fluffy magical girl show.  Not really one I like.  To much like Nuku Nuku TV.  The writers just don’t have any imagination.  The story doesn’t make any sense, geared towards a very young audience, but with fan service for an older one.  This show has no idea who its target audience is.    ???

Nyanpire The Animation - An abandoned kitty is saved by a vampire by giving him a few drops of his own blood. Granted with eternal life, Nyanpire now lives a domestic life with a girl named Misaki.  This is a cute little 5 minute short series.  The characters make me think of The Pinky Show for some reason.

Well that is it... so far. 

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2011, 10:19:06 pm »
I have 5 more shows and 1 short to add:

Usagi Drop - Going home for his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover! The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin. In a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself! But will living with this overgrown teenager of man help Rin come out of her shell? And hang on, won't this turn of events spell doom for Daikichi's love life?!  This is one of the favorites for this season.  I really enjoyed the first episode.  Can’t wait for the next one.

Blood C -  * A new original animation based on the Blood franchise and featuring popular mangaka collaboration Clamp as original character designers.
Ukishima Shrine is located in an old, picturesque lakeside town. Shrine maiden Kisaragi Saya lives there along with her father, Tadayoshi. By day, she lives the life of a normal high school student at Sanbara Academy. By night, she hunts the Old Ones. Possessing supernatural physical prowess, the Old Ones prey on humans, and only Saya has the ability to defeat them.  Not sure what to think of this one.  It is pretty strange.

No.6 - * Based on a science-fiction novel by Asano Atsuko.
The story is set in No. 6, a future model city in 2013. Raised as a top-ranking elite since the age of 2, a boy named Shion lives in an exclusive area in No. 6. On the night of his 12th birthday, he rescues a boy who calls himself Nezumi (Rat). Nezumi ran away from the city's Special Security Area. From that moment on, Shion's life is changed forever...  I enjoyed the first episode.  Shion and Nezumi are interesting characters.  I want to see what is going to happen next.

Mayo Chiki!  - Konoe Subaru is a beautiful boy who serves as a butler to a classmate named Suzutsuki Kanade. However, another boy named Sakamachi Kinjirou accidentally discovers Subaru's secret — Subaru is really a girl.  This show will be fun.  Has a bit of fan service in the first episode, but I don’t think it will be a regular occurrence in the series.  A school romance comedy.

Uta No Prince Sama - Due to her admiration of popular idol HAYATO, Nanami Haruka dreams of becoming a music producer/composer. For this reason, she enrolls in the music producer course of Saotome Academy. At this Academy, she will be paired with someone from the idol course. Together, the pair will work together until graduation.
When she arrives at Saotome, she soon discovers that there are six extremely dashing guys she can potentially partner with.  This is a reverse harem series geared towards females.  I still enjoyed watching it.  It has a bit of an Ouran High School Host Club feel, although that isn’t a good analogy.

Double-J - In a school where after school activities are mandatory among all students, Hajime and her friend Sayo come across a new club that they have never seen before. The club is called "The Cultural Activity Preservation Club." The two enter the room to find all kinds of analog jobs and activities, such as handcrafting mats and toothpicks. This is a unique cultural manga mixed with comedy so as not to bore you, this is Double J!  This is another short like Nyanpire.  I am not sure if I will continue getting these, they aren’t as interesting as I hoped they would be.

As more shows arrive I will continue to keep you informed. 

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2011, 04:17:51 pm »
Here are the last couple shows for this week:

The iDOLM@STER - Anime adaptation of the Idolmaster series of games in which players assume the role of producers and lead the Idols under their care to fame and stardom.  This show is actually done like a dating sim.  The Producer is the viewer and the characters react to him.  All of his speech is text only.  It may change after the first episode since they show the Producer at the end of episode one, and he speaks.

Mawaru Penguin DrumThere isn’t a description on AniDB or ANN, so I will tell you about the first episode.  The threeTakakura siblings, two boys, Kanba and Shouma, and their sister Himari, live alone, it is implied that their parents are dead.  Himari is diagnosed as chronically ill with only a few months at most to live.  They all decide to spend what time she has left doing whatever she wants.  They all go to the aquarium to see the penguins.  While in the gift shop Himari finds a cute hat of an Emperor Penguin Queen which they purchase.  Soon after Himari collapses and dies at the hospital.  While the brothers are crying over her dead body and arguing at each other about what to do next, Himari suddenly sits up and starts to talk!  Alien penguins have brought Himari back to life, but at what cost?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2011, 05:36:35 pm »
Chan & I have been watching Maria-Holic together lately.  She's never seen it, and I'd like to refresh my memory of it before I watch M-H: Alive.

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »
I liked Hidan no Aria,

Oh god, someone managed to swallow that whole show? The awful was just too much for me, whether they meant to do it or not.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2011, 08:21:34 pm »
Aw Stray, that means you missed out on gg's ep. 12??? Watch it and then you will know what it would be like for vocaloids to do seiyuu work. glurg lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #367 on: July 23, 2011, 02:31:33 am »
I have to share this one.

Eden of the East.
I've been interested in it since seeing it's commercial ads on my Gurren Lagaan DVDs and was pleased to see it on Netflix a bit ago. I got around to watching the first episode, and was hooked after the first minute.
(blah blah blaaaah~)
While it may not answer every blooming question they pose, I don't believe it's intended to and instead is geared toward making the viewer use their brain some. With a mix of mystery, action and random romance, this anime harnesses conspiracy theory ideas since WWII up to 9/11 and the "present" with a "game" forced on 12 Japanese citizens. There's pretty funny humor in here, as well as the needed god-complex going on. After watching Death Note and getting annoyed at Light, this was a nice fresher tone and I have to say, Death Note doesn't make the cut. Too many episodes and too many characters are in Death Note. It's great for what it is, but this anime takes out the supernatural aspect and puts it more into the realistic joint of humans today.

LOVED it~!
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2011, 12:07:30 am »
School Rumble.
I saw it at my library and picked it up and I love it and all it's randomness.

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2011, 12:10:21 am »
School Rumble.
I saw it at my library and picked it up and I love it and all it's randomness.
Tenma my love! XD
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »
Baka and Test! Its not netflix, its new, and its freaking funny lol and cute

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2011, 08:13:05 am »
Just finished Corpse Princess. Was pretty good but it felt so short...

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2011, 02:09:44 pm »
I've been switching off between Fate/Stay Night and Durarara!! I like both of them a lot for different reasons

DRRR- It's just so... out there and over the top. I only started watching it because Baccano!! is in my top five favorite animes, and I'm glad I did. The plot line is all but not there and the pairings always make me go "What the heck?" but it's enjoyable and fun to watch.

F/SN- Only started watching this because I kept seeing pictures of Rider all over the place and wanted to know what she was like. I instantly fell in love. I'm only on episode 10, but it's an amazing anime and way worth my time. The art is absolutely gorgeous and the voice actors are superb (watching the dub)
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Ac-town

• Cabbit
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2011, 11:16:17 am »
Got done with Steins;gate a week or so ago. It was awesome.

Currently working on Haruhi Suzumiya (Both seasons) and Haibane Renmei.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2011, 08:57:54 pm »
My anime club is currently watching Durarara!!, Gunslinger Girl and Eden of the East

DRRR is something I've watched before (see post two posts ago), but I hadn't seen the other two. I hadn't even heard of GG. Gotta say, it's underwhelming...

HOWEVER, Eden of the East? SO. COOL. I'm SO glad I'm watching it (and I was the one who suggested it xD). Can't wait to finish this (probably WAY too short) series!
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2011, 05:23:17 pm »
BEN-TO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its all about Ben-to!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »
Just stasted watching hetalia

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #377 on: October 30, 2011, 10:55:08 am »
I recently saw the first three episodes of High School of the Dead in English.  I've gotta watch that show all the way through!  I've only seen a couple here & there in Japanese, so I don't know how it ends yet.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #378 on: November 04, 2011, 06:40:38 pm »
I not sure I should post it due the loss of brain cells (including my own) that will occur but Excel Saga is now on Hulu.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2011, 07:29:59 pm »
^ That's funny, because I was about to say that I just watched a few episodes on Comcast On Demand.  Well, I guess it's now Xfinity On Demand...

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #380 on: November 09, 2011, 07:23:51 pm »
El Cazador de la Bruja
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #381 on: November 22, 2011, 09:06:44 pm »
I've just gotten back into Shin-Chan!  ...and I only need to finish up the last 3 episodes of Slayers Evolution-R.

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2011, 09:57:01 am »
Tales of the Abyss and Hetalia at this time. I love TotA X3 and I have to thank my friend for forcing me to sit down and watch it.
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #383 on: November 26, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »
I am currently watching One Piece, and I am surprised, I never thought I would go into that.
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Barnaby Brooks Jr. [Tiger&Bunny]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2011, 08:33:33 pm »
ONEPIECE ~ ONEPIECE ~ ONEPIECE ~

GUM GUM JET BLAST! ~~~

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #385 on: January 01, 2012, 11:16:25 pm »
There to old anime I wanted to watch but did not have cash. I picked up Outlaw Star and Trigun with a gift cash and orderd Hellsing Vol 1-3  I going to be busy for a bit. ;)

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #386 on: January 02, 2012, 02:57:03 pm »
Getting back into Hetalia and I recently started to watch Uta-pri again <3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #387 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:20 pm »
High School of the Dead

Even though this isn't anime, I've been watching the Dilbert cartoon series, too.

Offline Maiku

• Sailor Scout
    • Octavian Cosplay
« Reply #388 on: January 03, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »
I just started re-watching Canaan, I <3 this anime
2012 Kumo

Dad - Homestuck / Yukimura - Brave 10 / Captain Marvelous - Gokaiger / Flame Prince - Adventure Time

See some of my work: http://www.facebook.com/OctavianCosplay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2012, 11:53:16 am »
I've just started Master of Martial Heart and Queen's Blade.  Both have some nice fanservice, but the first one's storyline is pretty lame...

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2012, 01:24:09 pm »
^ Lord knows I'm not a fan of disrespecting my beloved Ayako Kawasumi (who was one of the Queens Blade VAs)... but while I usually try to watch a full episode, to me the fanservice was so over-the-top that I couldn't watch a full episode. Did I give up too quickly, i.e. is the storyline in Queens Blade worth watching if you can make it through the first episode?

(And thanks for the warning about MoMH.. I was curious about it when I saw the title in passing the other day.)

~~~

Currently re-watching and loving: Argento Soma. It has its weaknesses (a plot that drags, odd artwork) - but it's one of the better stories about loss and recovery. Not quite Kanon, but still good.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:36:55 pm by @random »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #391 on: January 07, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »
^ You're welcome!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #392 on: January 19, 2012, 07:27:57 am »
Cross Game. I would've never suspected I would like a baseball anime, but this one's got me hooked pretty good. It's right up there with any shoujo or josei anime for realistic interactions and emotions, and it's kinda sweet without being sappy. (^_^)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:30:31 am by @random »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #393 on: March 13, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »
Haruhi Suzumiya. Everyone and there mother has seen it but I just picked it up a little while ago. I need to watch season 2 now but I loved season 1. :3

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2012, 05:17:35 pm »
Cross Game. I would've never suspected I would like a baseball anime, but this one's got me hooked pretty good. It's right up there with any shoujo or josei anime for realistic interactions and emotions, and it's kinda sweet without being sappy. (^_^)

So, episode one, did you cry?

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #395 on: March 15, 2012, 11:49:25 pm »
Currently reading Kakeyo Hitman Reborn, and so far, it's great. Now, I don't normally like action animes (or in my case, mangas) but this, along with Yuyuhakusho, it great. Of course, it's not as high up as Yuyuhakusho, but I enjoy it.
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Barnaby Brooks Jr. [Tiger&Bunny]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #396 on: March 15, 2012, 11:55:03 pm »
High school of the dead it's so good I love it :D

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #397 on: March 16, 2012, 08:31:27 pm »
Re-watching 'Sailor Moon' and remembering why I love it~
Also watching 'Tiger & Bunny'~ <3
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2012, 12:12:40 pm »
Thanks to Comcast, I've begun watching Trinity Blood. Interesting...

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2012, 11:48:05 pm »

HOWEVER, Eden of the East? SO. COOL. I'm SO glad I'm watching it (and I was the one who suggested it xD). Can't wait to finish this (probably WAY too short) series!

Eden of the East is a really amazing anime. The story line is one of the best I've seen in a long time and I love the animation and character design.

I recently finished Magica Madoka..... @____@ .... Wow... got to say.... it was NOOTTT what I thought it would be like when I thought, "Oh a Magical Girl anime!" T___T scary.... but AWESOME!!!

Starting, "The Familiar of Zero"

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012