Author Topic: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...  (Read 186257 times)

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
Re: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2011, 12:06:30 pm »
I watched the first episode of Eden of the East last night via Netflix....must watch more of that.

I also tried to watch the first episode of Queen's Blade, but just couldn't get into it.

Of course, Bakuman is on going one for me. :D
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2011, 01:42:30 pm »
I found a French dubbed camera rip of The Borrower Arrietty, and watched it last night.  OH I WANT A  BluRay OF THIS ONE!  This show is everything I expect from Studio Ghibli.  I STILL haven't found a Japanese language version of this, despite the fact it aired in July 2010.  So why are we the last to see it?  Doesn't even air in English until June in Australia by MADMAN then I think it hits the US in February of 2012 as a Disney dub.  We will probably have the DVD's about 2 YEARS after it's original theatrical release..  GAH!  Any guesses on how soon Tangled will be available, despite the fact it aired in theaters about half a year later. #@%*ing Disney!   >:(   At least the English subbed DVD's should be available in June 2011.   ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2011, 07:58:39 pm »
Disney's been taking lessons from the folks who brought you the BCS. Corner the market, and rip everyone off. That's why they give such huge contracts to those folks over at the BCS. Nothing says ratings like controversy!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2011, 10:51:09 pm »
Confession time:

I have a weakness for highschool romances, but I'm pretty specific about them. This one show, "Kimi no Todoke" is super cute. The main character is portrayed to be very similar to the girl from "The Ring", but truthfully she's just very shy and modest. She doesn't have a lot of friends so she starts working hard to make new ones and end all the rumors around her. Then the love interest enters the picture, and he is a genuinely nice guy. There's some drama, but none of it is super wacky or overdone. The characters are adorable without being disgustingly cute. I really recommend it if you like that sort of thing.

To go further, another show "Kuragehime" is great since it's about a somewhat transformation of an otaku by a drag queen. More to it than that, but it's really fun. The age group of the characters is either post college or in college, too. It's more of a slapstick style.

So, yeah. I've been running up the romances as of late.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2011, 01:33:33 pm »
@ lychee-twist - Have you ever watched Mahoraba: Heartful Days, or Skip Beat?  Given the other two shows you say you like, I think you would enjoy these.  You may also look for Ginban Kaleidoscope, Lovely Complex, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, and Special A
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2011, 04:42:19 pm »
No have her watch School Days! lol

Kimi ni Todoke is super freakin' AWESOME! Hey Sadako, er I mean Sawako. lol I hop ethey go for their third year of high school, instead of killing it after this season. There are still hard choices to be made.

Jellyfish Princess was neat too. Kuragehime. It's just a little harder to find.

Fractale has been devolving into a more mainstream anime, it seems to me. But having it written by what was the guy, some social scientist, had me wondering what kind of psychobabble I was going to be subjected. Seems Japanese social scientists have a different idea than do American ones. phew.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2011, 08:02:17 pm »
@ lychee-twist - Have you ever watched Mahoraba: Heartful Days, or Skip Beat?  Given the other two shows you say you like, I think you would enjoy these.  You may also look for Ginban Kaleidoscope, Lovely Complex, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, and Special A

I love Lovely Complex. I just wish I had the money to buy the manga. I didn't finish KareKano (as I've always known it), but I liked what I saw! Kaichou wa Maid-Sama I couldn't really get into, but I'm willing to give it another shot, and I have never heard of Special A.

Skip Beat! was actually one I started watching but promptly forgot the name to. Haha. Thanks for solving that months old issue.

Here's the episodes of Kuragehime if anyones interested: http://www.anilinkz.com/category/kuragehime/ HIGHLY recommended by me.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #307 on: March 31, 2011, 12:31:00 pm »
I've been watching Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai lately at our college's anime events.  This show is fun!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #308 on: April 04, 2011, 04:57:40 pm »
I've been watching Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai lately at our college's anime events.  This show is fun!

In that case, you'll be happy to hear...

http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira/index.htm
 ;D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2011, 10:10:30 pm »
Our anime club started watching Ghost Stories this last Saturday, in English (which is pretty rare for us to do).  I personally only watched the first episode, but it was pretty funny!

Offline Dragard

• Sailor Scout
    • Megidoladyne
« Reply #310 on: April 04, 2011, 11:39:06 pm »
I've been watching Hell Girl and The Big O lately. Very good so far.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2011, 12:27:21 am »
For the life of me, I just could not get into "Big O".

"SHOWTIIIIME!!!"

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2011, 01:08:41 am »

;D

:'( I CAN'T READ JAPANESE!!!

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2011, 09:16:20 am »

;D

Basically, another season/maybe OVA was recently announced  :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2011, 12:34:28 pm »
Interesting... I hope that they'll have different storylines this time, rather than having the same stuff happen over & over again.  (Except bloody deaths; that needs to be consistent).

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2011, 08:47:30 pm »
I think I am going to love that Hana-Saku Iroha. It's getting great reviews, and I really liked the first episode.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Dragard

• Sailor Scout
    • Megidoladyne
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »

;D

Basically, another season/maybe OVA was recently announced  :)

Here's more info about it; http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-24/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-kira-video-anime-launches

I really enjoyed the first and second series (Kai was more on the funny side). I hope this one will be good, too.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2011, 05:41:39 pm »
I think I am going to love that Hana-Saku Iroha. It's getting great reviews, and I really liked the first episode.
I agree the first episode got me very interested in this series.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2011, 04:59:06 pm »
I love how in episode two, where Hana could have gone all angsty as so many anime works have gone, she took the bull by the horns. She came to a point where it seems most anime characters don't have the courage to make a move, and their not doing anything constitutes running away. Well, Hana here has no clue as to what to do. She's ready willing and able to do something, because where she is, is not where she would like to be.

I'm calling this series a must see.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2011, 04:22:20 pm »
Basically, only two shows so far are something I have given up on. I think the demographic is too young to include me. Those would be Dororon and Toriko. Everything else is at lest better than I thought, and is still on my watch list.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #320 on: April 17, 2011, 05:42:42 pm »
You do realize Dororon is targeted at "People who watched the original, in the seventies"?

I thought it was fairly funny, and the animation is gloriously styled. I'm actually starting up episode two as I type this.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #321 on: April 17, 2011, 05:56:39 pm »
I rather liked to continuation of the story from a couple years back. But then I was never very fond of making every thing that was ever made into little kids doing the same thing.

I don't suggest that people are not going to like this show. I think they will. It's just not my cup of tea.

And if we are talking retro shows, I would much prefer to see Urasei Yatsura made over. Maybe stop the show before it becomes another 4 seasons of train wreck. Going by disc number, instead of episode number, by disc 76 is was (to me) just terrible. They couldn't figure out what to do with the characters they had, couldn't finish any continuing story lines they had already started, so let's bring in even more insane out of touch, clueless characters. Terrible mainly in that is was such a let down from the great show it once was.

I wonder what I would have thought of this show, had I been able to watch an episode live, when I was in Japan as it was airing originally.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2011, 06:20:01 pm »
i'm rewatching naruto (with out fillers) with my dad, luckily i get my japanese side form him so i dont have to watch the english version
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #323 on: April 17, 2011, 07:26:07 pm »
I think Naruto fillers tell some good backstory. Unlike say Bleach, where it's just fillers using the same characters.

Have you caught your dad humming the little ditty used when Naruto is just walking around town, maybe Konohamaru is looking to surprise attack him? I do that sometimes. Catchy thing, innit?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »
Deadman Wonderland looks like it will be a big hit. At first I thought there it went to far and kept breaking my "willing suspension of disbelief" but as the show progressed, it got away from all the impossible things, and started to have its own sense of logic, so it became more "believable" and thus fun to watch.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:57 pm »
I've never watched "Deadman Wonderland", but I did read the manga when onemanga.com was up. It was really gory, creepy, and overall pretty dang good.

It's not anime, but I just started watching "Dr. Who" starting at Season 5 at an arbitrary pick. Why... why did I not watch this show sooner? Those angel things are super freaky! Now I know why everyone was freaking out over that cosplayer last year!

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2011, 11:16:31 am »
Deadman Wonderland IS pretty darned awesome, the anime also seems to be sticking to the manga well so far.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »
Air Gear♥

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #328 on: April 24, 2011, 02:52:50 pm »
The only problem I'm seeing with DW at this point is the fact that it's being booked as a 1cour, and that's not NEARLY long enough to even start animating all the content in the manga. Undoubtably, while it looks good now, it'll degrade to a crappy anime original ending.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2011, 08:58:52 pm »
Yeah. As does happen... a lot. Or they'll just cut it off like so many other anime or give it some sort of montage ending.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2011, 08:00:08 pm »
Well, it's possible, and recent events have suggested it may be even probable, it will get a second season, just not consecutive to this current season. I know there have been a couple this past year. Not a good example, but there is going to be a Kampher season 2. Index and Railgun seem to be going one to the other, and back. So I would expect another season of Railgun. Maybe. Depends if there is enough story.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2011, 10:27:50 pm »
A friend has lent me his copy of When They Cry.  Now storylines can makes sense to me!

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:44 am »
They don't really come together well until you read the VN, but I have to say, as far as coherency, the first season did far better than the second.

Heck, by any standards, the first seasons did better than the second.

EDIT- I guess to be relevant to the thread, I've been enjoying the Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai specials that have been coming out recently. The second aired some time yesterday, and I'm pleased to say the show is 100 percent more bearable without Kirino bouncing around being rude and infuriating.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:42:29 am by CheshireStray »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2011, 09:45:58 am »
Fractle. Episode 8/11

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #334 on: April 27, 2011, 02:12:01 pm »
They don't really come together well until you read the VN, but I have to say, as far as coherency, the first season did far better than the second.

What I mean is this: prior to lending me the DVD's, I've only seen a couple of random episodes here & there.  I knew that there were different storylines in the series, but if I only see one in one, one in another, and one in another, things don't make sense.  For example, now that I'm watching things through (and in English), I understand that Mion & Shion are twins, and stuff like that.  I've finished the second storyline, now, and have begun the third.  I'll probably get through the third one later tonight, and depending on how many episodes there are, I'll start the fourth one, as well.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #335 on: April 27, 2011, 07:00:57 pm »
Moshidora

Using Peter Drucker's business management principles to manage a baseball team. It was a good first episode. I can't wait until we get into this series to see how it unfolds.

C'mon, using business principles in baseball can be no worse than using the Art of War for business.

Okay, I am up to #3 now. And we are just getting warmed up!

Girls, you just might like this anime. And come to like baseball too. Maybe not...It's seinen enough for a guy to like, but shoujo/josei enough that women will "get it".

It does seem kind of weird to see Drucker treated as if he were a sage from olden days, and not a business manager. But it works so well here!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:29:45 pm by jaybug »
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #336 on: May 02, 2011, 05:01:06 pm »
I got caught up, I think I did anyway, with Deadman Wonderland. Spoiler alert, the lunatic is in charge of the prison! Shiro is definately fanboy worthy as a cosplay.  ::)
Have Fun

Jay

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #337 on: May 03, 2011, 09:15:55 am »
Oh boy, the spoilers I could tell over DW...

Seriously, it's pretty funny to watch, but Deadman Wonderland is the seasonal trollfood over on /a/. Copypasta spamming, ending spoiling, it's pretty much impossible to talk about for at least a few weeks now. I'm enjoying it, but again with them taking 1 episode/1 chapter, and only having 12 episodes to spare. At this point, they're going to have to skip loads midway through to even touch the Scar Chain arc.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2011, 07:10:50 pm »
I just watched this last night. Man was it great. Odd that is says it was released in 2010, but the copyright at the end of the show said 2000. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7884

It's called Koi Sento. I wish it either lasted longer, or they had more episodes. 25 minutes was not enough. The way the 3-D part of the animation looked makes me believe the 2000 copyright date over the 2010 anidb provided date.

It's a romantic/action/comedy. You'll never look at deer the same again. lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2011, 06:39:35 am »
Darker Than Black...on the last disc in the series now. Have been meaning to watch it for a while now but just never got to it. My G/F & I are loving it...we have burned through most of the series in only a few days lol...& that is saying a lot considering we work most of the time & like to play video games in our free-time. Very good show!

Going to be watching Corpse Princess & Gunslinger Girl after we finish with it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 06:40:15 am by Cyprus »

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2011, 09:57:01 pm »
Toriko! GUTS, GUTS, GUTS!

Toriko is a dude thats a gourmet food hunter! He'll do anything to kill something and eat it for the taste!

His dream is to make his full course meal! It's like the latest Shonen Jump manga besides Psyren I think.

Anyway, anime just started and it's awesome!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »
Toriko! GUTS, GUTS, GUTS!

Toriko is a dude thats a gourmet food hunter! He'll do anything to kill something and eat it for the taste!

His dream is to make his full course meal! It's like the latest Shonen Jump manga besides Psyren I think.

Anyway, anime just started and it's awesome!
When I saw the OVA for Toriko I was looking forward to it  so much. But once the actual series came out I was a little disapointed. The OVA is just ep. 2 but with way better animation. I saw the OVA two months before the series and when it came I was mad the animation was so much well...crappier.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #342 on: May 06, 2011, 04:06:02 am »
Ok so I finished Fractle.... can anyone else who has watched it tell me... WTF??!! D<

Possible spoiler warning>>> The WHOLE point of that story was what? <<< End

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2011, 12:42:48 am »
Ok so I finished Fractle.... can anyone else who has watched it tell me... WTF??!! D<

Possible spoiler warning>>> The WHOLE point of that story was what? <<< End

Yamakan was here to save anime, but he couldn't even save his career.

Basically, he threw good visuals with his godawful plot and direction on a plate and expected us to eat it up because he was bashing Shimbo, but noone bought it. Literally.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #344 on: May 15, 2011, 10:02:44 pm »
I think part of the problem is when you write a story, and you don't believe the other side has any merit, so you write them as cardboard characters by default. I don't think he believes in either religion, or in freedom fighters. And so the boy's story was to be all and end all, but it seems he couldn't get the boy an answer until too late. He just whipsawed him into inanity.

Now Deadman Wonderland on the other hand....way cool.

I am losing love for Denpa Onna however. Too much time devoted to the ero-auntie. And the title girl is becoming cardboard. It may yet save itself, but...this is anime right? Once down the wrong track, they don't come back do they?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #345 on: May 16, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »
Shouwa Monogatari. It's like the live action film Sunset, Life on Third Street. Which no one from the forums went to see at the Northwest Film Center a few years back. Anyway. It's a look at post WWII Japan, coming into the 60s. It's just a look at family life from back then. Ordinary people who lived in Tokyo. What's kind of cool, is at the end, the show gives you walking tours of the area. What shops etc. are still around form back then. That's one awesome fruit shop in ep. 2.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2011, 10:25:58 pm »
Ever the one to show up late to the party...

Ah! Crunchy Roll + PS3 browser + 46" TV = solving all my streaming anime sub. problems! It's like an entire new world just opened to me, and I have soooo much anime I want to watch now. Started Deadman Wonderland tonight. Very cool, loving the surreal grotesquery of it, from art style to content. It seems like a very twisted world I have been introduced to with this one...and I like it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2011, 11:29:18 pm »
I've been watching Stiens;Gate lately, if you're a fan of time travel and mad scientists this is a good pick for you.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #348 on: May 21, 2011, 11:27:54 am »
I have recently started to rewatch GeoBreeders.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2011, 04:39:27 pm »
The movie Colorful. Unless you are English where it's Colourful.

Brilliant movie. But it won't be for everyone. It's just about josei for a target audience. That's Japanese for chick flick. HA! lol
Have Fun

Jay