Author Topic: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...  (Read 186394 times)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »
Other than that, i need to somehow catch up with K-On! season 2. I like the first 14 episode of the series a lot so far. I thought it was going to be too dumb.

YES! I love K-on! a lot! I thought it was going to be dorky, but it's super kawaii and makes me want to be in a band again :)

I'd settle for playing my bass more often. But my mother-in-law is going to be staying with us for an undisclosed period of time.  :-\
Have Fun

Jay

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2010, 06:30:44 pm »
High School of the Dead seems to be one to watch so far. Only seen the one episode. Some people will just hate it, as it is chock a block full of "boing" and "pantsu", gratuitously so, yes. Break out the sex and violins, er violence.

I'm wondering if now that the Anime is out they'll continue with the manga, they stopped consistently adding chapters back in late 08  early 09. Then when they would put out new stuff it was almost always filler. I stopped reading after chapter 23.

Haven't had a chance to fully sit down and watch the anime, though from what i've seen, it seems to have more Pantsu and Fan service then the manga.

Team Koga

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2010, 08:22:08 pm »
Other than that, i need to somehow catch up with K-On! season 2. I like the first 14 episode of the series a lot so far. I thought it was going to be too dumb.

YES! I love K-on! a lot! I thought it was going to be dorky, but it's super kawaii and makes me want to be in a band again :)

I'd settle for playing my bass more often. But my mother-in-law is going to be staying with us for an undisclosed period of time.  :-\

Definitely invest $1 into a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and use some headphones! Playing music is almost as important as anime!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2010, 02:56:27 am »

Not sure if I wanna watch that or Macross Frontier first
Will be finishing Kuroshitsuji in six more episodes.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2010, 09:15:18 pm »
I couldn't quite get to Macross Frontier, not after watching all those episode of LISTEN TO MY SONG! lol It seemed redundant. So go with K-On! Even if it isn't Slayers.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2010, 04:09:08 pm »
I couldn't quite get to Macross Frontier, not after watching all those episode of LISTEN TO MY SONG! lol It seemed redundant. So go with K-On! Even if it isn't Slayers.

LOL not everrryything has to be Slayers, though that would be awesome @____@ INFINATE SLAYERS!!!
I'll probably to K-On next! I need something more upbeat after watching all these dark toned/plot animes.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:38 pm »
Right now I'm watching Shiki, Highschool of the Dead, and Nurarihyon No Mago. :P

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:12 am »
Gurren Lagann~!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »
Gurren Lagann~!

So do you believe in the me that believes in you?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2010, 09:36:50 pm »
Gurren Lagann~!

Is that one about robots?
And I actually started "Umineko no Naku Koro Ni"..... Maria is FREAKY D<
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:50:44 am by kimiski »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2010, 05:57:00 pm »
I haven't watched any of that. How is it besides Maria is freaky?

Gee, my avatar now looks like kimiski, don't you think? She just lacks the oni horns Lum has. And she probably doesn't speak in a Japanese Hungarian accent, dahling.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2010, 09:33:27 pm »
I haven't watched any of that. How is it besides Maria is freaky?

Gee, my avatar now looks like kimiski, don't you think? She just lacks the oni horns Lum has. And she probably doesn't speak in a Japanese Hungarian accent, dahling.

LOL what?!! I WISH I looked like that, nix the weird hair color!
I'm really into it, I'm not a big fan of this type of anime genre, like Higurahi no Naka Koro Ni, I couldn't get into that, but I am really like this one.

Edit: Ok... After watching episode 5 I have become lost. And they really shouldnt have had Sayaka Ohara voice Beatrice. There are way too many similarities between her and Yuuko from xxxHolic.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:37:35 am by kimiski »

Offline Imposer12

• Cabbit
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2010, 04:24:19 pm »
Doki Doki School Hours. It's a semi warped version of Pani Poni Dash. And Mika Sensei is adorable!

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2010, 05:10:53 pm »
I have acquired a series I didn't have yet, for some unknown reason.  I found out about it while looking at the Adult Swim lineup.  The series I am talking about is Kekkaishi.  I did have the first 1 hour episode, but for some reason I never got any more of the series.   :o   I watched the first 8 episodes last night.  I really enjoy this series.  It reminds me of Shonen Onmyouji, InuYasha, and Ranma.  If you like those shows you should definitely look into this one.  I'll probably show a few episodes this week during my Anime Friday.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2010, 05:12:10 pm »
I've been watching Strike Witches. I like the story, but the upskirt shots tell me to never let my wife see this.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2010, 02:13:11 pm »
I've been watching Strike Witches. I like the story, but the upskirt shots tell me to never let my wife see this.

Or any FBI agent. (^_~)

It's really sad when the fanservice gets in the way of a good story (like Mahoromatic or Negima!)... but with that one, it got so blatant and constant that the full title should have been "Strike Witches: A Gynecologist's Perspective".
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2010, 08:03:29 pm »
FAIRY TALE.

Behold the most magical anime. Cuz it's magical.  woot woot.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2010, 11:02:31 pm »

Or any FBI agent. (^_~)

It's really sad when the fanservice gets in the way of a good story (like Mahoromatic or Negima!)... but with that one, it got so blatant and constant that the full title should have been "Strike Witches: A Gynecologist's Perspective".

You could always watch Sky Girls instead.   ;D

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2010, 01:21:35 pm »

Or any FBI agent. (^_~)

You could always watch Sky Girls instead.   ;D

Yeah, they are kinda birds of a feather. It's true that Sky Girls (TV, not OVA) doesn't go nearly as far overboard on the fanservice as Strike Crotches... but that's an extremely low standard to set. (^_~)

I can't help it, though. I have a weakness for the sound of Kawasumi Ayako's voice (Otoha's seiyuu). And Sky Girls does make the wince-worthy closeups blessedly short.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 01:23:55 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2010, 04:38:14 pm »
Aren't Sky Girls pre-pubescent? I'd prefer ecchi to be biblically old enough, at least.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2010, 10:13:58 am »
Officially, they're 15-17. Yes, seriously.   ::)

Except for Elise (I think that was the bratty nekomimikko's name), the characters do come off as being that level of maturity. Appearance-wise, though, you're right - Otoha and Elise look pre-pubescent, especially in promo shots. But in the series itself, they look the same age as or maybe a little older than Strike Pantsu.

For that matter, they're usually wearing clothes, the suits leave something to the imagination, and the camera spends most of its time focused on their faces rather than their, um... *cough* hips.

Gah. I can't believe I'm defending Sky Lolis now.  :P  It does commit the same sins, just not as brazenly or in as vast a quantity.

*wanders off to vigorously scrub his brain with soap and water*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:32:18 am by randompvg »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2010, 09:05:52 pm »
It's just amazing what forum threads make a man do.

Well, I finished the first 12 episodes of Strike Pantsu Witches. Guess I'll have to watch the second season, to know what happens with the unpronounceable aliens.

But tonight I may go for more age appropriate ecchi. High School of the Dead or HOTD as it's written in many forums, and in the anime itself. You know they are older, they don't wear animals on their pantsu.

And I think I have a new Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Occult Gakuen. I guess these three are what I consider more interesting of the summer season.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »
I just started watching Kekkaishi. It's pretty good for a shounen action anime. It seems to have a well developed mythos. I assume it is more Buddhist based as opposed to Shinto based. I can just see little kids running around going ketz, metz and destroying their opponents. But really it seems to be aimed at a somewhat older audience than many shounen anime.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Dragard

• Sailor Scout
    • Megidoladyne
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2010, 04:17:50 am »
I've been watching High School of the Dead lately. Its really good, although very pervy, especially the latest episode (episode 6)...

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2010, 03:57:56 pm »
I recently started watching Soul Eater, and Zombie Loan, and both are really good, although Soul Eater is above and beyond amazing :)
Oh, and even though i dont have much time with good enough wifi to watch every episode so far, I'm trying to keep up with Kuroshitsuhi II. The first series is one of my all time favorites, so i should prolly bump this season up in my list of priorities.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2010, 08:47:20 pm »
Ghost Hound. I'm giving this a 5 star on my Netflix rating. I guess there is not one thing Shirow Masumune has done that I don't love.

XXXHolic was good, but too short a series to really delve into the characters. But then it would have gone way too far ahead of the manga, and you can guess what would have been going on if they dared to do that. sigh.

Other than that Bamboo Blade and Chrome Shelled Regios were entertaining, but not ones I love.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Hanamaru

• Cabbit
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2010, 09:53:03 pm »
Kuroshitsuji II and Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru <3
Waiting for both of their final episodes!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:53:27 pm by Hanamaru »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2010, 03:36:20 am »
Waiting each week for new episodes of FMA Brotherhood (english) and Kuroshitsuji II (english subs)

Besides that...
tomorrow we're watching all of "My Bride is a Mermaid" at my friend's, she bought it at Kumoricon
And I started K-On!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2010, 09:29:58 am »
I swear, K-On! was made as a secret plot to get me to watch anime.

It's got everything I like.  Literally everything.  Except for video games but I've got video games for video games.

I wish I was a lady so I could cosplay as Mugi with my sexy Roland Keytar (she plays a Roland Keytar...I don't have enough for a Korg keystation though :<) and BLOW PEOPLES' MINDS.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2010, 10:09:09 pm »
I'll have to look to see if Netflix has Seto Hanayome aka My Bride is a Mermaid. I would really like to know what is actually said in the last two episodes. Hey Mom did some of the worst subs I have yet seen.

I kind of fell off K-On! after season two episode 16. It just got deja vu all over again for me.

Tofu, better go buy Portland Music then.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2010, 10:16:56 pm »
I started watching Mezzo today, which I really am enjoying. It's nothing life-changing or uber-serious, but it is well-animated (exceeding my standards, anyway) and has that perfect combination of action and comedy. I just like how fun it is, it's memorable just for that, if nothing else.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Hanamaru

• Cabbit
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin.
OMG CUTE LIL MIKAZE-CHAN SCARES ME NOW DXXX

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2010, 11:22:45 pm »
I'll have to look to see if Netflix has Seto Hanayome aka My Bride is a Mermaid. I would really like to know what is actually said in the last two episodes. Hey Mom did some of the worst subs I have yet seen.

I kind of fell off K-On! after season two episode 16. It just got deja vu all over again for me.

Tofu, better go buy Portland Music then.
Can I get that with less than $22?  That's my current bank account balance. :P

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2010, 07:36:33 am »
Lately, I've been watching "High School of the Dead."  I'm on episode 6, where there's A LOT of fanservice.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2010, 05:38:02 pm »
Watched a few episodes of Sengoku, just for laughs, which I got.

Watched ol' Samurai X until episode 10 of season 3.

Watching SAC 2nd Gig.

Thinking about blitzing through Katanagatari
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2010, 09:47:36 pm »
Don't blitz through Katanagatari. It's deserves better than that. Sit back and enjoy the style of the animation.

HOTD may be really fanservice oriented, but it's still a cool story. I am enjoying it immensely.

Tofu, if that could happen I would have bought it when my account hit $24 last week!

Hanamaru, you too? Seems like you can't trust nobody in this show, sort of. I'm waiting for Abe sensei to find out she is his mother, for real. And that he was raised by an entertainment agent, or something like that.

I got the volume two discs to Bamboo Blade recently. I was tempted to just sned them back, but decided, after I had watched all the most recent episodes of HOTD, Mago, Maid sama, etc, why not watch an episode. Well, about two hours later, and time to get ready for work, I finally stopped watching it. The story has really picked up, and gotten me engaged.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Hanamaru

• Cabbit
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2010, 10:16:06 am »
Now it's Arakawa Under the Bridge, lol, to recover from my Kuroshitsuji depression DX

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2010, 11:46:26 am »
Well, I haven't started watching it yet but I downloaded Dennou Coil. I keep hearing it's amazing. It's about time I watched it.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2010, 02:40:56 pm »
HOTD may be really fanservice oriented, but it's still a cool story. I am enjoying it immensely.

The main reason I'm watching it is because our anime club is wanting to show it for our weekly showings, but there have been a couple of moments here & there that may cause us to not show an episode, or censor something,... (You'd think a COLLEGE wouldn't care so much about that sort of thing...)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2010, 03:22:34 pm »
Now it's Arakawa Under the Bridge, lol, to recover from my Kuroshitsuji depression DX
It had such a good ending though xDDD

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:47 pm »
I started watching Blassreiter today. So far so good. Kind of making me wish I knew more German, so that I could see how accurate the anime creators were in the German spellings. So far they are spot on. I really like it when they go the extra distance that way.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2010, 06:57:44 pm »
^ I agree.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2010, 03:57:44 am »
i'm currently watching kekkaishi lol i loved the manga *still reading* and i'm so far liking the JAPANESE anime (english one SUCKS BUTT!) so yea! i love this anime! ^_^ i'm sure you guys will too! ^_^

i'm cosplaying yoshimori kun this year! ^3^ with his koohii gyuunyuu XD (coffee milk)

those of you who don't know what it is here's the link to the first 2 episodes

~kekkaishi~

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2010, 06:03:50 am »
I started watching Blassreiter today. So far so good. Kind of making me wish I knew more German, so that I could see how accurate the anime creators were in the German spellings. So far they are spot on. I really like it when they go the extra distance that way.
I love how the Americans are obsessed with the Japanese, the Japanese are obsessed with the Germans, the Germans are obsessed with the Norse Peninsula, and the Norse Peninsula is just awesome. XD

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2010, 01:25:04 am »
Just finished watching Angel Beats!, it was awesome, I absolutely loved it. It had an interesting balance between being really funny and sad, I highly recommend it. 9/10

Angel Beats! Promo Trailer
Team Koga

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2010, 08:46:23 pm »
I'm watching, but not loving Texhnolyze. I would say that they are trying to be too clever in their minimalist approach to storytelling. In a way it's kind of like watching a slide show, you only get information intermittently. I'm wondering if I really want to do this to moyself, considering it has 6 discs total, and 5 to go. Maybe it's for women???
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2010, 05:44:20 pm »
Well all of the new shows are coming out, so I thought I would go ahead and have another First Episode Theater this week.  The new shows of interest are:

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo -  This looks like a real winner.  Makes me think of Death Note for some reason.  The main character has a special eye that allows him to see ghost and communicate with them.  He uses this ability to help the local police track down murderers.  I await the next episode with eager anticipation.

Otome Youkai Zakuro – Another winner.  It seems that the military and the demons have decided to try working together.  They team up three military men with four demon girls (two of the demons are a twin sister team).  There is a small problem though.  One of the men is scared to death of demons, and his demon partner makes me think of Akane from Ranma.  Is there any way this team can work?  It is sort of like Host Club meets InuYasha.  It’s a keeper

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai – This translates to “My Little Sister Can`t Be This Cute”.  It is another one of those anime that Japan is famous for, totally far fetched, silly, and just plain wrong.  I can’t wait till the next episode.  I don’t want to spoil it for you by telling you about it.

Iron Man – This one is pretty self explanatory.  Based off of Stan Lee’s Marvel Super hero character Iron Man.  If you like your Marvel comics, you should like this show.

Bakuman -  The main character is a young high school student who likes to draw.  His Uncle was a Manga artist who hit it big with one a series that later became an anime.  Unfortunately his later works weren’t as successful.  Although he would like to become a manga artist the fate of his uncle lies heavy on him.  He accidently leaves his sketchbook and notes at school and goes back for them.  The school genius is looking through his notebook.  The genius tells him he would like to make a manga.  He will right it and the artist will draw it.  He also informs him that the girl he has a crush on wants to become a VA.  Later he confesses to the girl and they agree that if he becomes a successful manga artist, and she becomes a successful VA, they will marry.  Twisted story plot, but an interesting show.  I like it.

Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector -  This is a sequel.  I have not downloaded the original series, and I am not sure if I will.  This is a definite mecha war fighting anime.  We can decide if we want to continue with it.

Adult only viewing

Yosuga no Sora -  This one is based off of an ero harem style game.  It also includes brother sister love.  The overall style is similar to shows like Kanon, Clannad, and Air.  Nudity, Adult Themes.

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls – We saw the Pre-Airing of this episode, but now the unedited version is out.  This one made us all think of Toradora, because it uses the same voice cast, and casts them in similar roles.  Alternate universe WWII super powered Samurai women, or something like that.   Panty, Boing, Brief Nudity, Adult themes.

Sora No Otoshimono Forte -  Well the Angels Ikaros and Nymph are back, and it looks like another Angel is going to be joining the party.  Get ready for some more crazy and perverted antics in this sequel.  Nudity, Adult themes, and humor.

Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto -  This one makes me think of Mia Hime.  Students in a school on an island with an underground alien facility with super robots.  Brief Nudity.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt – This one looks like something you would see on CN.  Reminds me of PowerPuff Girls or Invader Zim.  Of course the subject matter is closer to Ren & Stimpy, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  Two (fallen) Angels named Panty and Stocking help the Reverend Garter Belt fight against the evil taking over the city so they can earn Heaven Cents.  Will the city survive?  Adult themes and humor.

MM! – I am not sure about this one.  It is a comedy about a schoolboy  who is a masochist.  Who wants to try to cure himself and confess to the girl he likes.  He goes to a school counseling group for help.  Unfortunately the leader of the counseling group has heard about him and she decides the best way to cure him is to beat it out of him.  Sort of makes me think of Club to Death Angel Dokuro-chan.

Well that’s the start anyway.  More may be out by Friday.

I also have a couple of new movies we can watch some time:

Gekijouban Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works – Yeah!  The Fate/Stay Night Movie is finally out!

Eiga Layton Kyouju to Eien no Utahime – Based off of the popular Nintendo DS Professor Layton puzzle games, this movie brings the characters of the archeologist Layton and his trusty assistant Luke to the big screen to allow fans to enjoy more of the same.

I hope to see you all this Friday at 7:00PM for another round of fun.   ;D

Offline ainekatt

• Chibi
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2010, 02:00:05 pm »
I'm sure anime purists will probably be screaming in indignation at this one ("That's American! It's not an anime desu!"), but I've been rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender, and goddamn, if that isn't one of the best shows ever made, live action or animated. I've been watching it with my parents, and it's their first time seeing it, my third or fourth on most episodes, and only my second time watching the entire thing through start to finish. In fact, there were two episodes in season two I'd never seen during the original air time, so that was really exciting!

I don't really watch much anime, but I've been considering watching Gurren Lagann, simply because Katie is like "WATCH IT" and I tend to if people say that to me enough. xD

Currently working on: Toni Ipres - Hanna is Not a Boy's Name

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2010, 03:46:52 pm »
With my unfortunate lack of money I've been watching a lot of anime on demand (thank you Funimation on demand). Currently the two I've been watching a lot of are...

-Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
-School Rumble

Kenichi has been a blast so far and I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would, albeit I did miss a few of the earlier episodes. It's one that I actually plan to pick up on DVD, so that's got to mean something good, eh? :)

As for School Rumble... While it's pretty funny and I have been enjoying it, I don't think it's anything I'd ever watch again. For me this series feels like a "one-time watch", and after that I probably wouldn't ever touch it again. I've been enjoying it, but I just can't see myself watching it over again in the future.

I finished up Bamboo Blade a few weeks ago. This was another series I fell in love with. I gotta pick it up on DVD...

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2010, 07:39:54 pm »
I bought Kenichi too! I love that rockin' OP music too! One of the best bildungsroman type anime I have yet seen. Excuse my German.

Sora no Manimani. It's even better if you love astronomy. It's good. It's fun. I like it.

I like most of the new season's shows. But there are exceptions. P&S w/G is one of those exceptions. I quit it after less than 5 minutes. I just didn't think it special enough. MM! is one I will continue with so far, but I don't know how much of this I can actively stand.

Star Driver has mecha that look too fru-fru to me. Mecha designed by Fiorucci! Other than that it doesn't seem so bad.

Soredemo something something might be all right. I got a lousy version, so they missed a lot by not having English as their native language. I think gg is doing it now. I re-dll'ed their version. I wonder if the dialog is Kansai Ben dialect, which may explain why so few groups wish to touch this anime. She reminds me of Osaka from Azumanga Daioh in a way.

I think Netflix sent The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye. I'll let you know.
Have Fun

Jay