Author Topic: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...  (Read 186377 times)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...
« on: January 06, 2010, 05:10:27 pm »
I'd like to keep this simple, and user friendly. Just tell us what you are watching that you really like. You don't have to give a doctoral dissertation, just try to give us some of the reasons why you love your show so much, and try to get us to love it too. Or just give it so many of something out of how many whatevers.

Here are some examples, I hope.
Kimi ni Todoke. Watch it because it's as good as His and Her Circumstances. Watch it if you love Production I.G. works. It's slice of life high school style. I'm liking that it makes me smile, if not guffaw. I like when anime makes me feel good enough to smile. You'll wonder if the movie the Ring, was a comedy.

Tales of the Abyss. I guess this one is more of a hidden gem anime. It doesn't seem to be generating the talk, but it's worth watching. I had to watch 3 or 4 episodes at a time. Darn cliffhanger seques!

And I've been watching these 5 minute anime, that are to me just some kind of art film projects. They can be just way too strange. But I did like Kotatsu Neko anyway. That cat is subtle. lol Having watched Health with Little Red Riding Hood, must be like watching Patrick run around in his robe, or something like that.

After I get more of an opinion on some others I have started, I'll let you know.

Please, tell me what you think is worth watching. And no it doesn't have to be brand new.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
Re: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:13:47 pm »
Speed Grapher. I rented the first volume with my friend while house sitting and now I'm really mad that I put off watching it for so long (I'm kinda dying from not watching it.) Umineko has been blowing my mind lately too. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:46:39 pm »
Cobra the Animation: Just came out in Japan, and it is off the hook.
That's it for anything new from the winter season. Soon I'll start on shows I need to catch up/ start on.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:49:06 am »
Oh lord, some else has seen Health with Little Red Riding Hood? Probably my favorite retarded video of all time.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni if you liked Higurashi at all you'll be sure to like that. I love how rediculous it can be at times and Beatrice is my favorite character ever.
 I also really enjoyed Trapeze. It's weird as hell but the little things they do in the show that seem to make no sense actually are well placed and connect with other things. Yeah, it's cool.ng.
Higepiyo. It's about a chick with a mustache. That's all I should have to say to interest you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-x57MUD3Yk

I haven't watched really anything but Kimi ni Todoke from time to time but you know what should be subbed in a few days? FREAKING DURARA! HOLY CRAP I'M SO PUMPED!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:51:35 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »
Denpa Teki na Kanojo is an OVA duo. I won't say two-parter, as only the characters are the same. I like it. I think my wife would like it too. I just won't place any bets on that. lol Anyway, it's detective fiction, and that is about all the spoilage I'm going to give on it. Um, and that it is for adults, not Conan fans. No one goes all chibi ever here.

Ladies versus Butlers! 1        
 Hatsukoi Limited Special         
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu 1
Dance in the Vampire Bund

The above are ones I am planning to watch at least the first episodes to see if I really wanna go there. I dunno. Anyone seen these yet?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:01:40 pm »
Ladies vs. Butlers was so terrible. It's really predictable, then again I'm just tired of the generic fan service harem anime.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:17:15 pm »
I got all those, but have been trying to sort through Macross 7. I dunno, but I can't stop now! Nooooooooooo! lol Only 20 some episodes and one movie to go!. Or was there more. Man, that was one big file. The only thing I have to really complain about is the number of songs, too few. I suppose this would not seem as maddening as it does to me now, if I had watched the series at the rate of one episode per week, instead of however many i can cram into the time I have available.

I did watch Dance in the Vampire Bund. It seems somewhat interesting, but at only one episode viewed, I can't give a definitive opinion as to how I feel about this show. But, if you liked Speed Grapher, you may like this. And if you don't you can write about how wrong I was. lol Sorry it's been a while since I saw Speed Grapher.

Anyway, I'll probably continue with this series, until I feel as if I am forcing myself to watch it, or it ends, whichever comes first.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 06:56:26 pm »
Durarara!! is amazing.

Go watch it everyone. It's got gangs and headless motorcycle cat women.
Oh, and Hanamaru Kindergarten is terrible. It's like Kodomo no Jikan, which is also terrible, in most everything except that doesn't have gratuitous amounts of pedophile fanservice.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:57:49 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 08:15:35 pm »
K-ON!
Gloriously funny, bits of fanservice, good plotline, likeable characters...
It's pretty good.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 06:27:59 am »
I got all those, but have been trying to sort through Macross 7. I dunno, but I can't stop now! Nooooooooooo! lol Only 20 some episodes and one movie to go!. Or was there more. Man, that was one big file. The only thing I have to really complain about is the number of songs, too few. I suppose this would not seem as maddening as it does to me now, if I had watched the series at the rate of one episode per week, instead of however many i can cram into the time I have available.

I take it you haven't gotten the OSTs yet.
They have more Fire Bomber than you can shake a stick at.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 11:21:24 am »
Durarara!! is amazing.

have the first ep, have not DL yet, just finished my bride is a mermaid tho, fun times
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 11:03:55 pm »
Durarara!! is amazing.

Go watch it everyone. It's got gangs and headless motorcycle cat women.

THIS Durarara is sweeeeet. =]

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 12:48:02 am »
Simoun, a sometimes funny, sometimes heart-breaking yuri series. I love the concept it introduces of being able to choose your gender, and how the plot isn't completely about the romance in the story. It's also pretty cool if you like a dash of mecha in your romance/drama.

Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 12:56:10 am »
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN

BELIEVE IT!

Also Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 12:18:58 pm »
Shuffle!

I am absolutely in love with this anime for some reason. x33
It's really sweet, and emotional, and funny, and homg, watch it.
My favorite character is the orange-haired girl Kaede~!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 01:40:15 pm »
Simoun, a sometimes funny, sometimes heart-breaking yuri series. I love the concept it introduces of being able to choose your gender, and how the plot isn't completely about the romance in the story. It's also pretty cool if you like a dash of mecha in your romance/drama.

ugh, but all the dudes sound like chicks, it is annoying.  Make the yuri stop...

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 10:55:27 pm »

ugh, but all the dudes sound like chicks, it is annoying.  Make the yuri stop...
Hmm, yeah, they could have done with giving male characters male voice actors, but it's pretty interesting to watch an anime with an all-female voice cast. I happen to like yuri, so I can't agree with you there, but I'm sure you have your reasons for disliking it. You don't have to share them if you don't want to. = 3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 11:20:21 pm »
Oh, I didn't dislike it, it kept my interest enough to finish, just certain things bugged me bout it.

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 11:46:57 pm »
What problems did you notice? Are there other good yuri series that you would recommend?
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 08:22:59 am »
You might like hyakko?

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 11:23:36 am »
It looks pretty good, I'll check it out sometime. Thanks for the recommendation. = 3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 10:16:42 pm »
I sort of remember Simoun. But I guess it didn't do enough for me. Maybe it was the way they organized their military, that left me cold. Poorly run military organizations that somehow seem to win anyway, or devastatingly wipe out the opposition every time, just ruins my willing suspension of disbelief. Other than that I really wanted to know how it ended.

But I liked Vandread a whole lot better! I guess that maybe you would call it yaoi/yuri. As both genders are at war with the other! But I guess it would be a shounen adventure. It has a little boing, but really doesn't seem to me to be totally oriented to fanservice. Well I bought the series anyway. Have watched it a time or two afterwards. Not enough to memorize but...

I saw the Macross 7 OSTs. I sort of lef tit running as I cooked my breakfast one day. I didn't seem to miss much though. Maybe the one with Mylene's spoileralert maybe I'll get back to that one. Later.

Would it be called foiled yuri say from A Certain Scientific Railgun?

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 01:01:46 pm »
Just finished watching Baccano! Loved this series a lot! There were so many characters to love in it, both good & bad. Was hard to pick a favorite for me honestly...they were all so awsome...but if I were to pick, its between Firo, Ladd Russo, & Claire Stanfield/Vino/Rail Tracer. Story was awsome too...loved how they did the opening & ending to it...leave it to your imagination! I want some Grand Panacea!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:49:01 pm by Cyprus »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 04:17:21 pm »
I FINALLY made it almost to the end of Tsubasa, I have about 8 eps left, then the movie and I think there's ovas? I kept starting then stopping cause I thought they would be in that first world forever. Love the music, very much like .hack's.

Ontop of that I'm watching Loveless, Shugo Chara (which is weird but an AMV made me wanna watch all of it), Higarashi no Eden, and I got Kaleido Star next on my netflix list.

I'm debating on FMA Brotherhood.... :/ I LOVE the anime series, so a remake of it seems... pointless to me, and yes I know it's closer to the manga but I never read the manga, and I love the original anime series. But my friend pointed out that alot of people will be talking about it a K-con, and I don't wanna feel left out.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 07:50:52 pm »
I'm currently watching Kimi Ni Todoke -AND- the 3rd and final season of Nodame Cantabile. The first episode just came out a lil' while ago (I definitely recommend watching this series, it's my fav). :>
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 07:28:55 am »
I'm currently watching Kimi Ni Todoke -AND- the 3rd and final season of Nodame Cantabile. The first episode just came out a lil' while ago (I definitely recommend watching this series, it's my fav). :>
OMG! You are the first person I have heard ever even mention that series! From what I have seen of the first season, I love it! My G/F & I have looked for it to buy several times with no luck. I might have to search online for it & hope I get lucky...

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 05:36:41 pm »
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. this anime is so the bomb! the patterns on the hair and clothes makes the whole thing look like an acid trip! XD and the story is good too. its only 6 disks long but you all should check it out!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 06:35:58 pm »
I've heard good things about that one.

Should we make another thread for anime you are watching, but not exactly loving, but just haven't thrown it away yet? I'd put Dears in that category. I think I like watching anime that would be called bildungsroman were we in literature class. Stories that mainly center about growth. So even if they are not good anime, I still watch them.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 11:22:49 pm »
Tatakau Shisho-Book of Bantorra is a new one and came out in Japan like in September. It is pretty great and describes magic very well. It is based with the legend of the 3 gods from ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME except for one God. Magical books. It is great.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 05:33:16 pm »
@Narunik, you forgot to mention it is full of BOING too. lol

Say, is anyone loving Dance in the Vampire Bund? I've only seen the first episode, and was intrigued, but not made an instant fan, not yet anyway.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 08:08:40 pm »
OKay, I saw the second episode today before going to work. Either I am viewing from a different sub group, probably. BUt the animation seems to be very goo and highly detailed. As in the key animations are pieces of art, instead of simple backgrounds.

I've only seen one Durarara! so far. Looks good also.

I wish I could recommend Something no Qwaser. BUt... you either get too much ecchi, or it is censored and you have shots of the sunset when you should be seeing something else, which makes it like watching the radio. But then I can't say that it strikes me as terribly original either.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 08:43:59 pm »
Has anyone seen Ookami Kakushi? I've only seen one episode, but it left me a little flat.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »
@__@

Eden of the East is soooo goood so far!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwLsw9MlzJQ

I am thoroughly impressed with this anime!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 01:40:37 pm »
O-kay, it's licensed and Netflix doesn't know a thing about it, so unless I wanna be a pirate, how do I find it?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 03:22:08 pm »
I don't think any of the dvd's have been released yet. If you want to watch it now, you'd have pirate.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 04:37:27 pm »
I've now watched 3 of the Durarara episodes, and I think it's good, but not a masterpiece. I think some of my lack of love for the series is due to FLCL and Paranoia Agent being much better to me, while being somewhat in a similar genre.

Don't get me wrong, I am going to watch all of the episodes. I like it well enough. I just don't see myself doing more than renting this series at a later date.

So far the only ones I am close to thinking of buying from this season's selections would be A Certain Scientific Railgun,  and Kimi ni Todoke. And who knows I may be crazy enough to buy Oomamori Himari, or at least rent it from my Netflix queue.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 02:29:12 pm »
I'm watching Evangelion. I have seen the beginning and I saw "End of Evangelion" but I haven't seen it all so I started watching it....and I must say, it starts off like any other mech anime and then develops this psychological plot in the middle/end. I haven't gotten to that point just yet but I know "End of Evangelion" is really messed up and a little hard to follow (could be because I haven't seen the rest of the series) but the first 11 episodes (where I am at now) are easy to follow and are a lot like any other anime. Like there is some psychological issues but it doesn't really address them (in this case it just doesn't address them YET). For example, the relationship between Shinji and his dad. I have seen similar relationships in anime but they just kinda want you to deal with it and not think of it any further than that.

I can see that the pot is about to be stirred though. I can see the issues developing, but I think if someone was watching this series and didn't know anything about it they would be quite shocked at the way things turn out x.x

I think next on my list is to rewatch Outlaw Star. I have it all on DVD and when I did see it, it was on Cartoon Network so a lot was cut out, including a whole episode. I also want to finish Gurren Lagann sometime and I probably need to download Brotherhood before I am done with college and lose my file sharing program, though I am sure I can find it....I actually know the site to torrent it >_>

So there is a lot on my plate XD
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:29:38 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 11:28:52 pm »
I think next on my list is to rewatch Outlaw Star. I have it all on DVD and when I did see it, it was on Cartoon Network so a lot was cut out, including a whole episode.

I just recently saw the uncut version of Outlaw Star after not seeing the series since back when it was on Cartoon Network, and I absolutely loved it. The whole added episode was awesome, and the show is overall more enjoyable unedited. =]

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 07:18:10 am »
I think next on my list is to rewatch Outlaw Star. I have it all on DVD and when I did see it, it was on Cartoon Network so a lot was cut out, including a whole episode.

I just recently saw the uncut version of Outlaw Star after not seeing the series since back when it was on Cartoon Network, and I absolutely loved it. The whole added episode was awesome, and the show is overall more enjoyable unedited. =]
MMMM...Outlaw Star uncut...<3

I just started watching Darker than Black & Gurren Lagann...not very far in them yet though.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 04:51:01 pm »
oh my god, i love Outlaw Star. it was the first anime i ever watched!

i'm watching Gankutsuou the count of monte cristo again XD its just so good!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:45 pm »
Ok only a couple of episodes left of Eva. S*** is starting to go down XD

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 08:16:27 pm »
I had to go through a couple of series that more or less were just killing me to watch. It wasn't that they were bad, just so full og angst, I could hardly breathe. phew, all better now. One of those was Rumbling Hearts. Then I watched Triangle Blu, and found it to be a more "adult" version of the former. lol

What I just watched and finished that I am loving now was Sol Bianca. Movie quality animation in an OVA series of 6 episodes. Guess they didn't feel as if they could put out a 3 hour movie, so chop it up and call it a series. It was refreshing after so much angst and cosplay fodder, (Ragnarok).

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 04:31:34 pm »
Kobatooooo :>

I wish there were more anime like this D:

I just finished watching episode 20 of Kobato.  They are having fun again.  The crew from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles literally dropped in.  ;D  They just love having the characters from other CLAMP works make guest appearances on this show.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:21 am »
G/F & I just started watching Elfen Lied last night...so far it's really good.  :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:12:52 am by Cyprus »

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2010, 02:13:55 pm »
Started the new InuYasha episodes The Final Act, they did a great job and really upped the art quality

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2010, 03:57:29 pm »
Hetalia~!
Hellsing
Junjou Romantica
and probably a few others that i can't remember at this time xD

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 05:07:08 pm »
I just saw a new one called Censoroll. It's a bit strange, sci-fi, but it looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

Anyone watching Sora no Woto??? I haven't started watching yet. Have too much other to view, so far.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 02:00:00 am »
I just finished Simoun... It's in league with Clannad I swear, less crying, but still incredibly moving.
Durarara! is awesome.
Nabari no Ou is interesting.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

oslapedo

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 02:40:35 am »
CLANNAD <3

I want to check out Simoun some time.

Just finished Air Gear! The ending was pretty anticlimatic so I think I'll start reading the manga but overall it was a pretty sweet, as in sick, show- despite irregular animation, an absurd dub, and an incoherent plot I enjoyed it. If only ATs were real *A*

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 06:57:50 am »
Just finished Elfen Lied...was really good. Started Durarara!! & so far I love it...watched the first 4 out of 9.