Author Topic: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...  (Read 186325 times)

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
Re: The Anime I am currently watching and loving is...
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2010, 12:18:03 am »
Yakitate Japan!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35:39 am »
Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai-hen I'm not a baseball fan. But this show has me interested, at least in the game being played in the show. I certainly know more as to why you do certain things at certain times more now. And it is much easier to take than the color analyst on televised games. And lucky me, the show hasn't felt the need to explain a pitcher's ERA, (Earned Run Average), and how to calculate it.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2010, 06:53:01 pm »
Tsubasa! I finally got myself to watch/read this series, after much contemplation. XD I can't say that I like the anime more/less than the manga, but I can say that the music in it is absolutely beautiful. :3

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2010, 10:32:24 pm »
I have been totally absorbed watching FMA Brotherhood the past couple days.

It's almost like watching something completely different from the first series. It seems to move things along so much more rapidly than before. I'm saying to myself as watching, wow, didn't this happen in the other at like episode 30-something?

After this I am going to have to re-watch the movie.

Another series I am liking is Naburi no Ou. Take a slice of life high school drama, and replace angst with indifference. lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:12 am »
Nabari had a well thought out ending.

I just watched the first two episodes of Valkyria Chronicles. I want more! It reminds me of Sora no Woto, and Sacred Blacksmith, but perhaps a bit better. THe characters are more realistic to me.

I found myself watching the clouds in the show a couple of times. I think the creators wanted that. THey looked god, and aided in the emotional set-up.

Episode 12 of Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is out now! WOnder how long until 13.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2010, 02:37:12 am »
Hetalia. D: It's all the Tomato Song's fault, I tell you!

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2010, 04:12:31 am »
It's very weird to have to wait a week to see one episode of anime... (FMA Brotherhood) I'm so used ot watching all my anime online now, where I absorb like 15 episodes in one sitting.

Five episodes left of Soul Eater.
Finished Tears to Tiara
Going to start Kuroshitsuji and Hetalia

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2010, 08:09:33 pm »
Nabari had a well thought out ending.

I just watched the first two episodes of Valkyria Chronicles. I want more! It reminds me of Sora no Woto, and Sacred Blacksmith, but perhaps a bit better. The characters are more realistic to me.

I found myself watching the clouds in the show a couple of times. I think the creators wanted that. They looked good, and aided in the emotional set-up.

Episode 12 of Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is out now! Wonder how long until 13.

Watching Valkyria Chronicles huh.  Keep the tissues handy.   :'(   :'(   :'(

I found the English sub file for Episode 13 of Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and watched the JRAW episode with it.  The sub was terrible!   :P   Very literal and Babble Fishy.  I got the gist of the story though.  Still, I definitely will get the Hakubi sub when it comes out.   ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2010, 09:14:03 pm »
I was wondering about those sub zip files. I got them , but hadn't used them.

Maybe Hakubi can get 13 out sooner, as he lost his job. Trained his own replacement, he says. That's gotta suck.

I think it will arrive tonight; D. Gray Man. Now to only hope that one or more discs aren't missing. sigh.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2010, 04:01:33 am »
Lawls
Three episodes, and I was hooked
Hetalia!!!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2010, 02:39:57 pm »
I started watching it a few weeks ago but... "Kanon". The series is actually a lot better than I thought it would be... But dang it, it keeps making me tear up. It just gets so dang sad.
Not to mention they're bumping off all of my favorite characters. I swear, soon they wont have anyone left to have a series about. >>;;
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:41:36 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Dragard

• Sailor Scout
    • Megidoladyne
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2010, 04:09:48 pm »
I'm watching FMA Brotherhood on Hulu :) I never finished the original, but from what I hear, Brotherhood is the better version and follows more with the manga.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2010, 07:40:29 pm »
@ BLue Leader, after Kanon you have gotta watch Clannad, and Clannad After Story.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2010, 09:42:38 am »
@ BLue Leader, after Kanon you have gotta watch Clannad, and Clannad After Story.
I really should watch it, I've heard good things about it.
Though by what you're saying, I assume Clannad is sort of similar in a way to Kanon?

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »
Though by what you're saying, I assume Clannad is sort of similar in a way to Kanon?

I would say, more or less the same genre, but they are not the same story. They are just both very very good, and deeply emotionally touching. 5 stars from me on my Netflix rating.

There are no foxes in Clannad. Just starfish. lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2010, 10:43:50 am »

I would say, more or less the same genre, but they are not the same story. They are just both very very good, and deeply emotionally touching. 5 stars from me on my Netflix rating.

Starfish!  Ahhh...

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2010, 11:40:40 am »

I see. I'll have to check it out than.
Though I don't know if I'll be able to handle any more of it making me all teary-eyed. Ugh, I'm getting really tired of that. :P
But I guess that is a sign of a good series... drawing you in, being good enough to make you emotional about it. Making me feel like a little wuss rather than a manly man. XD

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2010, 08:29:48 pm »
@ Wuntvor; Valkyria isn't making me cry...yet... Maybe I read too much military sci-fi, or my being a veteran, dunno. REally if anything it's reminding me of Union generals during the civil war. Now all we need is general Hooker to bring his women along, eh? lol

D. GRay-Man, well, Netflix didn't send me disc one. I have everything else they have but not number one. Sometimes that company can be real annoying.

I must be getting a little more used to common Japanese words, because sometimes I am wondering why the translator chose certain words over others. I think I like getting the more literal translations, rather than the American or Anglicized euphemisms.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DeafWord

• Cabbit
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2010, 11:11:57 pm »
Right now, I'm reading Eureka 7. It's pretty awesome so far, I have to say. It's definitely up there with my favorites. I'm also re-watching Cowboy Bebop and Case Closed. Moving on to Ghost in the Shell (Laughing man, I'm thinking) after I'm through with those.
This is a signature

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2010, 10:23:43 pm »
@ Wuntvor; Valkyria isn't making me cry...yet... Maybe I read too much military sci-fi, or my being a veteran, dunno. REally if anything it's reminding me of Union generals during the civil war. Now all we need is general Hooker to bring his women along, eh? lol

I had to go to the Anime that made me cry thread to remember which episodes it was.  Valkyria Chronicles 18 & 19.  In episode 18, when Rosie starts to sing, I almost cried.  In episode 19, I cried with Welkin.  I am such a softie.   :'(  You may not have gotten this far yet.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2010, 09:41:22 pm »
Ah yeah, Isara.

A few episodes later when Landsaatz did what he did, I wasn't sad, more furious. Then it all gets explained why he did such an insane thing the next episode. whew.

Sometimes I just have a hard time with Japanese psychology. They do things Americans and most everyone else would never think about for a moment.

I also watched Black Blood Brothers over the last few days. That was good. Not a masterpiece, but it was good. I think it's own internal story logic was more consistent than some. It could have gone to 26 episodes instead of closing out at 12.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2010, 01:29:45 pm »
Arakawa: Under the bridge. I had only watched like 2 ep's before but since I'm not in school I started it again. AND OH MY GOD I LOVE IT.

And I hope to start watching Inazuma Eleven soon. Matsuno/max is so freaking adorable you have no idea.

I want his hat. ;///;
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2010, 03:25:15 pm »
I forgot how much I love Battle Angel Alita and I went and rewatched it. FFFFFF- So good. I also watched Afro Samurai, I loved the animation which is enough to pull me through a series (Animation student, I'm bound to be won over just by that) the story sucked though :\. But if you are looking for something with stellar animation and a really awesome soundtrack I'd say go for it.

And agreeing with Tofu, Arakawa keeps getting better and better.

Next on my list is Blue Submarine No. 6 (rewatching but <333333), Fist of the North Star, or Paprika.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:26:13 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »
I finally got Dennou Coil. I am only through episode 6. But I think this is one show for the whole family, so far. I makes me think what an anime series would be like if Miyazaki did a series instead of a feature length film. It hasn't been licensed, yet. By now I doubt it ever will.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2010, 12:35:14 am »
Ended up watching an anime movie called Brave Story. It was pretty cute and sad. I'd recommend it and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about it before.

I also started watching The Tatami Galaxy and MAN, WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS? It's super, super interesting. I'm not really sure what's going on in it at the moment though.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2010, 10:09:15 pm »
There is a reason Clannad-After Story is ranked #1 on AnimeNewsNetwork.com

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2010, 11:35:07 pm »
There is a reason Clannad-After Story is ranked #1 on AnimeNewsNetwork.com

Yeah, lemmings. lol

I also started watching The Tatami Galaxy and MAN, WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS? It's super, super interesting. I'm not really sure what's going on in it at the moment though.

Someone has it on CR or something like that, so I haven't been picking it up. I only saw the first episode, but I liked it. I do want to see more. But the second episode I saw wasn't given the love, as a different group did it, just ripped off CR I think. You really have to speed read, or know Japanese very well to get through the rapid fire monologues, which to me are a big part of the charm of this series.

Lately, I've been seeing .ass scripts available for this series. Too bad I don't know how to deal with them. Anyone know how to do this?
Ooh, new topic!?! nah.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2010, 07:43:20 pm »
@Jaybug I found a site with good quality episodes on megaupload if you would like me to pm it to you. They are up to 8 at the moment I think.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2010, 08:57:22 pm »
Brave Story got turned into an anime?! I've been reading the translated novel. ^^;

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2010, 10:14:49 pm »
@Jaybug I found a site with good quality episodes on megaupload if you would like me to pm it to you. They are up to 8 at the moment I think.

Please do. I feel not so good when I can read Funimation all over the screen. I wonder how much stock in Navarre corporation I would have to own before I could make them stop. lol

I think Brave Story is to be the featured film at this weekend's Anime Friday. Isn't that right Wuntvor?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2010, 03:55:12 pm »
I think Brave Story is to be the featured film at this weekend's Anime Friday. Isn't that right Wuntvor?

Yep.  That's the plan.  Watched it last night.  I agree, Brave Story is a great film.  The latest in my list of films I never heard of before.  I need to find a way to list just the movies on AniDB.  It would still be a lot of movies, but the list might be manageable.

The other movies or OAV series we have watched are:

Yobi ~ The Five-Tailed Fox
Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror
Origin ~ Spirit of the Past
TO ~ A Space Fantasy
Summer Wars
Summer Days with Coo
Time of Eve

So have you heard of any of them?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:02:20 am by Wuntvor »

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2010, 09:32:30 pm »
K-On! Season Two (All they did was add a extra '!' to the title. So really, it's K-On!!)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2010, 08:24:20 pm »
Hey Wuntvor, Tales of Vesperia-First Strike. It's not quite 2 hours long. I haven't started watching it yet. I'll have to see if I feel like I am going to be awake long enough to watch it tonight.

Which reminds me, I doubt very much to be in attendance this Friday. But I think I get to go the second and the ninth.

I haven't been able to make myself watch the rest of School Days, yet. I have been tempted to watch maybe the last episode, see if I could do the ones I'd be missing afterward.

I've started watching D. Gray Man this past weekend. I can't get behind it the way some here in the forums have been. It's not a bad anime, but it is not one of my more favorite. I think in large part as it is episodic, and not so much progress of the characters has taken place in the first 14 or so episodes.

Character development can be a very scary place for TV show creators, let alone anime makers. The show may lost its path, and go off on a completely different direction that they had originally intended. Or it may suffer from having too many guest stars, and not pay enough attention to the core cast of characters causing viewers lose interest. Some shows have this problem, but few recover.

This series gives characters progress in dribs and drabs. In order to maintain viewership, and avoid the aforementioned pitfalls.

It is not a bad show. You may well enjoy it more than I.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:33:29 pm by jaybug »
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2010, 06:18:38 pm »
Tales of Vesperia-First Strike was very good. I wonder when the second one will come out. Looks to be an occasional thing; which isn't terribly surprising as it's so long. But I am assuming there is more, as at the end, it looked like a trailer of what's to come in the credits. I recommend this one.

Also, I see Banner of the Stars has a third OVA. Someone liked it so much they have put it out again. Can't wait to go home and get it started.

Which makes me wonder if Ookiku 12 will be finished by then.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2010, 03:31:23 pm »
...Higurashi (English: When They Cry)
              Lately, I have been really into ultra violent anime (like Elfen Lied) and this is no exception. The show details the strange and bloody events of 1982, where a young man, Keiichi, moves to the rural village of Hinamizawa, famous for its cotton drifting festival. He befriends a group of seemingly innocent girls, who form a club with him. While it sound like your average Lucky Star or Haruhi Suzimiya, things take a twisted turn when a 5 year old curse is about to take another villager. keiichi's young friends suddenly show their true, demonic colors.
              The show is split into many arcs, that each detail a different alternate of the story. While at first very confusing, Higurashi is delectably violent, with a chilling story more frightening than any anime I've ever seen.

Save Caprica!!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2010, 04:40:25 pm »
I'm starting to enjoy Giant Killing.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2010, 05:03:10 pm »
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. This is great thriller/mystery/sci-fi/film noir material. Kind of like Denpa Teki no Kanojo, only more otherworldly, sort of. I highly recommend this OVA series.

I think I saw Higurashi. It's the one that three episodes into it, it looks like the end, but.................................................................News Flash: it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings
Have Fun

Jay

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:53 pm »
I'm Currently Watching Kekkaishi, so far its pretty good. I'm also reading it as well, though I haven't come to a firm decision on whether I like reading it more then watching.

Here's the info
The info
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:55:49 pm by KogaRyu »
Team Koga

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2010, 01:08:25 pm »
I can't remember if I mentioned these but I've been watching "Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water" and "Sakura Wars TV". Some great stuff there (despite Nadia getting really odd in the second season).
Yeah, they're older, but I've been watching a lot of older series lately. I've got some catching up to do as I used to pretty much only focus on new series. :P

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2010, 10:43:05 am »
I can't remember if I mentioned these but I've been watching "Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water" and "Sakura Wars TV". Some great stuff there (despite Nadia getting really odd in the second season).
Yeah, they're older, but I've been watching a lot of older series lately. I've got some catching up to do as I used to pretty much only focus on new series. :P

Don't bother watching the Nadia movie.  It is beyond horrible.  While watching Nadia, did you have any Pokemon Team Rocket flashbacks?  Just curious.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2010, 10:20:40 am »

Don't bother watching the Nadia movie.  It is beyond horrible.  While watching Nadia, did you have any Pokemon Team Rocket flashbacks?  Just curious.
Indeed I did. Especially when the Gratan was hit by Gargoyle's airship I was expecting Grandis, Hanson and Sanson to shout "we're blasting off again!" But, unfortunately, they didn't. Too bad, too, I would've laughed hard at that. :P

As for the movie... yeah, I've heard bad things about it. I'll probably end up watching it anyway... It came with the set of DVDs, might as well watch it. I've watched some really, really bad movies lately anyway (not all anime) so I might as well continue the cycle.

...On a similar note I've been inspired to do a Gargoyle cosplay next year. That is if I can find a red suit with matching pants, I really don't feel like sewing one together, not after my current outfit. Heh.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:22:21 am by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2010, 07:48:58 pm »
I'm enjoying Tweeny Witches. I hadn't thought to watch it, as I hate the name. It conjures up bad loli to me. The animation is good and different.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2010, 05:23:05 pm »
I'm currently watching: Gurren Lagann and Fist of the North Star.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2010, 08:04:39 pm »
High School of the Dead seems to be one to watch so far. Only seen the one episode. Some people will just hate it, as it is chock a block full of "boing" and "pantsu", gratuitously so, yes. Break out the sex and violins, er violence.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2010, 09:05:02 pm »
I was interested in that... maybe I should stay away?

Save Caprica!!

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »
High School of the Dead is great. A bit censored compared to the manga but there's no helping that.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2010, 06:33:26 pm »
While waiting for episode 2 of the summer series, I've been watching Toradora, and K-On!. I enjoyed them both. Still yet to finish K-On! Almost started playing my bass, but I saw it was about 10pm. Oops.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2010, 12:43:32 am »
Kuroshitsuji. Just finished season 1 last night and praying to Sebastian that season 2 doesn't suck.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2010, 08:51:45 pm »
So far of the summer series, most have been good enough to watch.
Good ones, or so I think;
Seitokai Yakuindomo,
Asobi ni Iku yo!
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
Amagami SS
Nurarihyon no Mago
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
Those are the ones I like and can admit to liking them.
Sekirei: Pure Engagement is one I am not sure if I could say I liked it to my um wife, say. yah. sigh
And Shiki is an anime I am yet to have a strong opinion one way or another. There are some things for me to like, and others for me to not care. Going to continue watching to see if I like it or not.

Other than that, i need to somehow catch up with K-On! season 2. I like the first 14 episode of the series a lot so far. I thought it was going to be too dumb.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2010, 11:22:49 pm »
Other than that, i need to somehow catch up with K-On! season 2. I like the first 14 episode of the series a lot so far. I thought it was going to be too dumb.

YES! I love K-on! a lot! I thought it was going to be dorky, but it's super kawaii and makes me want to be in a band again :)