Author Topic: Questions about the skits~! :))  (Read 4542 times)

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Questions about the skits~! :))
« on: November 23, 2009, 07:23:18 pm »
hello there C:
so i have some questions ^^;;;; lol
2010 will be the 1st year my sister and I will be in a skit
and we were wondering....

1- what are the different categories you are able to win in?
  ( because i looked other cons ex[fanime..lol] and they have alot of categories )
2- is it possible to win more twice in a different category?

CC: sorry for asking dumb questions xDDD but please do help me ;DD
thank you~! C;

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: Questions about the skits~! :))
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:01:14 am »
1- what are the different categories you are able to win in?
  ( because i looked other cons ex[fanime..lol] and they have alot of categories )
2- is it possible to win twice in a different category?

1 - Kumoricon typically has various categories for skits. We typically divide them up by experience (novice, journeyman, master) and age category (child, minor, adult), however the judges are free to invent their own categories if needed. And there's always a Best in Show.

2 - theoretically, yes, one could be awarded both the Best in Show and one of the other awards if the skit merits two awards. Additionally, we have awards for costumes which is a separate judging system from the skits.

We need more skit entries!!!! Encourage your friends to enter!!!

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 04:32:16 pm »
ooohh~ okay ;D
and invent there own categories? like while they are judging?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 03:41:29 pm »
Yes, the judges are free to invent categories if it's necessary. This is because sometimes a skit deserves an award even though there wasn't a specific award for it...  Basically, the judges will rate the skits based upon skill level (novice, journeyman, master)  on a scale from 1 to 10. The top scoring skits will receive awards. The awards listed in the rules are guidelines for judges who aren't feeling imaginative, however there's nothing stopping them from saying, "wow this skit rocked, we need an award for it"

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:13:41 pm »
,;lnph
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:23:22 pm by IcyMelon »

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 03:33:17 am »
The stage ninjas are usually really nice, and will try to help as much as possible, but they are always a bit swamped... SO! The best thing (i would think) would be to have a couple of friends who can help you out so you can insure everything works smoothly! I've never needed stage ninjas in my skits, but they sure are a blessing for the people who need them! ^^

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 12:30:58 pm »
Oh thank you so much NightLotus! >u<
thats helped lots~! thanks so much : D

Offline FynХоук

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 09:05:32 pm »
NightLotus and I have done skits for 2 years, and had a first place skit at K-con 2009. I have some advice for new skits:
1. Have jokes that refer to your anime/game but make them also make sense to people who might not have seen/played it. People love getting the joke, and hate being confused
2. Have some fan service, but DON'T RELY ON IT AS YOUR MAIN PLOT
3. RECORD YOUR SKIT! The first year we didn't get around to it and our skit was a bit of a flop, but the second year we put some effort into making a good quality recording and that made a huge diffrence!
4. Have fun! This goes for your script, and your performance. The cosplay competition is really fun, and pretty easy going! Don't think of other people as competitors, and don't stress.
5. If you mess it up, don't worry! Last year I knocked off NightLotus's wig during the performance, but we just ignored it, and ended up doing pretty well! (If you want to see the embarrassing spectacle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zGt6qIOUIs
6. If you want to talk to me about writing or doing a skit, feel free to message me! I would love to help a new group get on their feet!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:13:27 pm by FynХоук »

I am Dark Link from 'The Twin Links'
I am the writer and mind behind all skits and videos.
I am awesome!