Poll

Should I leave the Kumoricon Forums and never come back?

Yes
2 (12.5%)
No
0 (0%)
Wha....?
5 (31.3%)
I don't see why you haven't been banned yet
1 (6.3%)
Who are you, and where are my pants?
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Disembarking  (Read 1522 times)

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
Disembarking
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:31:41 pm »
 :-\ I just don't know what to do. It has been made clear that my presence here is unappreciated by a majority of those here.
All I want is your honest opinion. You don't have to explain why you feel a certain way, but are welcome to. I just really don't want to be a negative burden on this forum / community.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: Disembarking
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 12:41:07 pm »
Did I miss something?  I don't know; I've noticed a lot of people being very snarky and down right rude to some posters and I don't really understand why.  Is there some history between them?  Are we have Kcon withdrawals?  This is the reason I stopped coming here for awhile: egos and attitudes were out of control. ^_^;  Not saying that's the case now -- I was told by someone, forget who, that they took care of that back then -- but I'm definitely worried that something like that could happen again. I don't really care to see cliques forming.  I mean, we all like anime -- we might not all like the same anime, but we all like it.  That should be enough to where we can all have some common ground.  Luckily I haven't been noticing this happening all that often but it seemed like it was common when I was so frustrated with the content on the boards that I took an unannounced (and likely unnoticed :D) hiatus.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline AllyKat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:00:51 pm »
I agree with Reppy, but I also disagree with the making of this post. Your intention doesn't seem very genuine. If you
are looking for ad populum to save you from any alleged misdeeds, that is not how this forum administration works.
Simply by making this thread you are causing anomosity and disension which I personally feel exemplifies why it is not
okay to have a completely "off topic-chat" section for a forum such as this. It allows too many people to create
irresponsible threads that still fall under the "off topic" headline, while allowing bickering, crude or inappropriate behavior
to make people feel alienated and bullied.

The jokes and the arguments have gotten out of hand. If not stopped at the root we will not have an Off-Topic section
of the forums much longer, because all it does is create work for the Forum Moderators who would much rather enjoy
the boards than play 24 hour policeman. Since they cannot catch and delete everything, you have people feeling either
disgraced or disrespected by other members and very little can be done once the harm is made. You can never truely
delete something from the internet and by creating such a playgroud, we invite that kind of mayham and misery.

Truly, the off-topic chat is a great place to just have fun and talk freely about many things. It is also a place where weird
"chat" threads can find a haven without clogging up the rest of the forums. I know that in the slow season of the convention
the Off-Topic thread plays host to higher multitudes than when we are hard at work on Kumoricon. This does not mean our
standards of play should lower or tolerate corrupted remarks. If we are going to allow Kumoricon to have a section of the
board where most things can be said, then we have to be strong enough to respect others and enjoy the very very
gracious gift we have been offered.

Reppy is right when he says we all are equal anime fans. Some younger, some newer, some older, some more veteran, and
we all know that being a fan of Anime is not the most popular or most understood thing in the world. But as our ranks increase
so does the likely hood of classism and social ladders, the better anime otaku from the "narutards" or what have you. Do we
really want to let that turn us into argumentative and rude forum trolls? Will we allow that kind of behavior to go unchecked?
No, we will not allow people to become exactly what every human being's very nature hates; inconsiderate idiots.

So, there will be punishment, and there will be reprimand when things are done and words are said that hurt and confuse, mislead
and disrespect others on these forums. NO ONE is immune from this, certainly not me, deffinitely not roscoe... not even Beau
himself could come to the forums and post a racial slur and get away with it. That is the way it is. If you don't like the punishment,
you do not have to stay. If, however you enjoy the forums, understand your wrong doings and aspire to remain a member of this
society, I tell you that time heals all wounds and while some may not trust you or be friends with you, I can assure you that not
everyone (as in the physical world) is so distrustful, or unmerciful. This is not to anyones discredit, but you will find friends again,
when you prove yourself a good person without the intent to harm. Even those who chastise may one day call you friend, but that
is up to you first, and then them.

All this thread did was bring attention to your alleged misdeeds, make a spectacle of your private plight and require further action
from the forum administrators. It did not help you. A poll on the feelings of others on the forum at this time will not help you. What
will help is if you are truly repentant and wish to make ammends, and if you earnestly make this change then time will help you
prove it. Thats it, nothing else. So I wont vote, because it is pointless, and you should consider asking the moderators to take this
thread down.

~Allykat
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:09:11 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:09:14 pm »
Roscoe, here is my 2 cents. But I will note this is just from what I know of you. Which is only from the skpye thing and a little at the party.

You seem to be a guy with a lot of potintial to be a good man, and still be who you are. I felt in our fight that you kept controdicting yourself, which a lot of people do when in fights. I think if you stop being so "I don't care what my actions do," then that will help you a lot. The jokes you were saying in the skype chat, if you like that thing don't stop, but just be aware of how those around you are effected by them. If it was just me and you, I would have just left, hung up. I blow up because everyone in the chat wanted them to stop. If everyone in the chat but me liked them, then I would have just left the group chat. But with that group, and what the chat was suppose to be about, you were in the potition to stop those type of jokes or leave.

There are cues in life to know when an action you do should just not be done in that situation or time. No one is expert at knowing them, people make mistakes. I think if you really care about the people in here not being offended, maybe try to learn those cues better. I know I still need to learn them better myself too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:28:13 pm by Roddy Manic »

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 03:51:16 pm »
DUDE. People hated me on the forums when I just started but that didnt stop me! That's my ninja way! HAVING THE GUTS TO NEVER GIVE UP!
I appreciate you. A DMC fan is a friend of mine. BELIEVE IT! A few people still hate me. If there is anyone that doesnt like you just ignore them or ask them to stop nicely.

I already have good friends here. It just takes some time. So don't go! DONT!!!!! 

A good thing to do is to not spam if you havent. I spammed a little bit but that was because I was new and I wanted to say hi to people every where I could.

PEACE. Don't you dare go away

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:19:24 pm »
Well, Karma got me.
almost immediately after I started this thread, things started going all to hell. my Phone got broken, my Jacket got ripped, and, worst of all, my computer got stolen.
so, mods, can you lock, then delete this thread after people have gotten a chance to read it