Author Topic: Free Agent, Sort of.  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Free Agent, Sort of.
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:49:04 pm »
So I have experienced my first con where I didn't have to do work and I must say: I have more fun staffing. (This is not to take away from the amazing times and staff's jobs at the convention.)

Herein lies the problem: I am the Director of Programming for Sakura and while I love Programming so much, I also have the desire to learn new trades, as it was.

Solution: I'm making myself a free agent to the staff teams of Kumoricon. Sell me on your aspect of the convention. I will not discount Programming in any way, I just want to know what I have to look forward to should I choose your area. This will not only help me out, but any information here can also help other potential staff members.

So that said, let's see what you got, Kumoricon!

-Bressler

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Re: Free Agent, Sort of.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:47:47 pm »
Relations!  In addition to Dealer's Hall and AA, we run the charity auction and take care of the guests :) 

I want to add to my collection of execs of other cons who work for me!

(Oh, and tell Mike again that I am so sorry I kept treating him like a minion.  He was just ... always there and always helpful.  And ... he was a really big help.  Sorry.  I need more minions next year so I can stop harrasing con chairs.) 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline CassieR

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »
Don't listen to her, Publicity is where it is at!

We get to get people all excited about con and educate the city on what is about to descend on them for three days. Plus, we get to relax and just look good at con. We also cover street team, website, promotional materials, and publications.

We are the party place ;) Though, I guess this year we are gonna share the party with Relations. 

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:10:46 pm »
Don't listen to her, Publicity is where it is at!

We get to get people all excited about con and educate the city on what is about to descend on them for three days. Plus, we get to relax and just look good at con. We also cover street team, website, promotional materials, and publications.

We are the party place ;) Though, I guess this year we are gonna share the party with Relations. 

No! Ops is where it's at!
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 03:24:37 pm »
You want to be in the thick of it? see things from behind the scenes, know all the dirty little secrets? then come join the Yojimbo!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 11:53:11 pm »
I have to agree with kylite on this one.  I say this because I have worked with multiple departments over the years in different roles, and for getting more behind-the-scenes action and info, Yojimbo is truly the best option.  We are posted in places where we can do more, see more because of the nature of our job.  For example if you want to go to the cosplay contest but it's already capped (for staffers and attendees alike), then get scheduled to WORK the cosplay contest.  Plus we get to see some really hilarious situations sometimes.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 02:47:06 pm »
Jeez Jon, getting all these people to fight over you ;)
 I worked in Ops as a roamer just checking in at the Ops office and asking what needed to be done right then. Got to move around a lot and take care of a lot of different things.
Programming is a good one also, Main events or panels staff needs tending to all the time.
 You know how your con works, pick something you always wanted to try and try it out with our con.
 p.s. You should totally bring some of your staffers down with you to be "loaner" staffs for us  ::)
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:14:14 pm »
Join Pocky Club! We're where it's at!
You can do all of the stuff above and get first crack at new flavors of Pocky year round!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 10:02:56 am »
So just so people know, I have my hand in three pots right now: Publicity, Ops, and Prog. I'm such a sucker =P

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Kagumaru

• Sailor Scout
    • http:/www.Myspace.com/2008nprasweethomeprincess
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 10:20:37 am »
Just do Ops Guy, Seriously! Then you can order me around plus you get along with the manager so Blah!
KCon '10-

Time Skip Yoko- Gurren Lagann
Yoko- Gurren Lagann
Organization Roxas- Kingdom Hearts 385/2 days
Aqua- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (possible)