Author Topic: Persona in '10!  (Read 90384 times)

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
Re: Persona in '10!
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 09:06:45 pm »
Omg you guys

Should pose together as Yukiko and AliceTeddie

And we will take lots of pictures, and you will both be hit in by every girl at the con ever. 

GLAMOR PHOTOS!!!
Hit in...or hit on?

Being hit in sounds....painful >o<

But there's still the problem of mom. I'll get grounded if she even finds out, which she probably will somehow ;o;
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 12:09:49 am »
@Serika
lol
You must of really like that one part in the game where they dress like girls.

@Salehthesage
maybe have a friend help you?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 12:32:04 am »
@Seraph: Actually...The culture festival really disgusted me.  The real Miss Yasogami pageant, with the girls, was pretty degrading in its own way, but the "Miss" Yasogami pageant felt like it was really disrespectful to actual crossdressers and transgendered people... Until Teddie showed up, of course. XD;; (but according to my friend who stayed in Japan for half a year, things like that are actually really common.  Japan hates everyone, I guess.)
But it's practically a fact that 99% of girls who attend anime conventions OMG!!!SQUEAL!!! when boys wear dresses. 

@Salehthesage: I wanna know how she would find out, for one thing... She doesn't know about your Jay wig yet, does she??  And because you're a smartass I'm not fixing the typo. >(
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 12:39:13 am »
@Serika
really?  I only saw parts of it on youtube so maybe I just missed something when I saw it.
I know Japan is still very socially conservative at least.

Reminds me of this one page in the Shugo Chara manga of character who is defensive to his having to dress like a girl.

doesn't seem like that when I crossplay at conventions o_o

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 07:35:39 am »
@Salehthesage: I wanna know how she would find out, for one thing... She doesn't know about your Jay wig yet, does she??  And because you're a smartass I'm not fixing the typo. >(
Using the word 'yet' makes me really nervous...

She'll be so mad if she finds out I'm buying that.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 09:43:23 am »
say its for a friend? X_X

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 06:46:54 pm »
On the topic of the dress, why not buy it and send it to someone who can hold onto it for you?
Or make it or whatever, but just give it to someone and have that be the end unless you want to cosplay it again, then go grab it for the next time you want to wear it? I don't know, but it sounded better in my head. xD;
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:26 pm »
I actually used the excuse of "its for a friend" when one my parents found one of my crossplay items X_X.  Crossplay isn't something I want either of my parents know about.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »
Saleh isn't capable of understanding that his mom isn't some crazy, demonic surveilance camera. 

And clearly anyone who tries on a dress for fun is one of them crazy pedophile perverts, yaknow
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 10:35:58 pm »
Saleh isn't capable of understanding that his mom isn't some crazy, demonic surveilance camera. 

And clearly anyone who tries on a dress for fun is one of them crazy pedophile perverts, yaknow
Thanks for shoving words into my mouth : D

I don't think that. My mom is just very...er....naggy? She wants to know everything. She'll want to know everything [I almost got grounded for going to the last day before I forgot to call her every other hour or something]... I don't know.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2009, 07:48:19 pm »
@Saleh: haha, well, we could always try and make the costume for you, and bring it down to K-con?
Our Chie can sew, so maybe she could sew your costume if needed? But if you don't want to do the costume, it probably isn't something to get too stressed about. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2009, 10:39:18 pm »

I don't think that. My mom is just very...er....naggy? She wants to know everything. She'll want to know everything [I almost got grounded for going to the last day before I forgot to call her every other hour or something]... I don't know.

chill dude it was a joke when have i been DDLY SRS in this thread at all

But yeah, uhh, if you don't actually want to wear this (as all the OH, IT'S HOPELESS THERE'S NO WAY is leading us or at least me to believe) then you don't have to?  And don't confuse us by putting it in your signature!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:41:13 pm by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 04:48:49 pm »

chill dude it was a joke when have i been DDLY SRS in this thread at all

But yeah, uhh, if you don't actually want to wear this (as all the OH, IT'S HOPELESS THERE'S NO WAY is leading us or at least me to believe) then you don't have to?  And don't confuse us by putting it in your signature!!
I was upset at the time I typed that. 14 hours work can do that : <

I put it in my sig because I'm still considering it. I want to do one of the two Teddies.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 08:58:38 pm »
I'm pretty certain now that I am going as Elizabeth. Starting to gather ideas, and will hopefully get actual material soon. Excited! Sadly I won't be making it to Scon, so I won't be making my fab debut til Kcon.

@Saleh: Uugh, sounds like a painful situation. Would lovelovelove to see Alice Teddy, but I can see where it's not worth it if you're going to have to work behind your mom's back at every moment. :(

@Serika: You're right, I've been gathering references and there ARE a lot of good Elizabeths out there. At least it gives me more ideas to go off of for my own costume...yeah... definitely intimidating though. :X

@Fachion-pari: We can keep it a secret from Chie, ahaha.

yyyeah, I was a little slow on the reply. I need to get in the habit of checking the forums more.

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 09:33:09 pm »
@Saleh: Uugh, sounds like a painful situation. Would lovelovelove to see Alice Teddy, but I can see where it's not worth it if you're going to have to work behind your mom's back at every moment. :(
I'm perfectly fine with working behind her back at every moment.

I'm only worried about her finding out, which there are tons of opportunities for her to [pictures, CAN I SEE YOUR COSTUMEZ, if I had to bring it home, etc.].

And it will be awesome to have an Elizabeth!
You should find an old guy with a humongous nose to be your Igor.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:36:34 pm by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 06:12:07 pm »
@Valkie: Alrighty, then~ ;D
@Saleh: We could always hold onto your costume when you go home? haha, I don't know, but if there is a will, there is a way, I guess? But you know, we love you as Ken or Teddie or whoever, it doesn't matter who you dress up as, we still love you, so don't stress too much. :] (I'm sorry, I sounded like a mom, haha)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 07:43:17 pm »
Nah, we will only love him if he can supply the goods *ominous glare* ALSO BEING UNHAPPY?  THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR HELPING THE LESS FORTUNATE. 

@Valkie: How are you doing those circular bits on her dress?  I've kinda wanted to cosplay Elizabeth, but those really intimidate me! (And of course I won't if you're planning her this year, but it's still nice to know. XD;;)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2009, 03:31:15 pm »
I just want to say Merry Christmas and what not, since I'll be out of the state starting Friday. ]: I'm going to miss you guys, and hope you get some cash for cosplay! haha, just kidding, See you all in the New Year!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2009, 04:39:51 pm »
I just want to say Merry Christmas and what not, since I'll be out of the state starting Friday. ]: I'm going to miss you guys, and hope you get some cash for cosplay! haha, just kidding, See you all in the New Year!
Psssshhhh~
I'll be getting video games.

I hope I get Persona for the PSP!
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2009, 08:32:45 pm »
Seems like this thread hasn't been getting any love. >: Well, here thread, have some love, it's free! haha
so, did we all have a good Christmas/other awesome holiday?
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »
Sadly, I didn't.  I had lots of drama of the bad kind. =(

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »
D8!! That's too bad...

I didn't really get any physical gifts, but I got money that's alllll going towards Sakuracon. >>;;

But I figured out a great way to make my goddess!Izanami recognizeable!  VERY vague spoilers?   I'm going to buy a black beach ball and paint it to look like Ameno-Sagiri.  AND IT WILL BE AMAZINGGGGG AND IT WILL BE MY CHILDDDD
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2009, 04:48:46 pm »
D8!! That's too bad...

I didn't really get any physical gifts, but I got money that's alllll going towards Sakuracon. >>;;

But I figured out a great way to make my goddess!Izanami recognizeable!  VERY vague spoilers? 
OMG.
You must do that, I will be on the look out for you and your vauge spoiler!
Oh, and Have a good New Year, everyone! :]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:49:23 pm by Fachion-pari »
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2010, 07:34:59 pm »
Oh no!  We're dropping to near the bottom!!!  Let's positive thinking (and from now on, i won't get this catchphrase wrong, I swear.)

I've been working on my P3 magnets in preparation for Sakuracon's AA.. ...I'll be so pissed off if no one buys Ken, for all the work I'm putting into it. >(
(http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/017/b/c/FFFFFF__by_SerikaArenai.jpg)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:15 pm »
Oh no!  We're dropping to near the bottom!!!  Let's positive thinking (and from now on, i won't get this catchphrase wrong, I swear.)

I've been working on my P3 magnets in preparation for Sakuracon's AA.. ...I'll be so pissed off if no one buys Ken, for all the work I'm putting into it. >(
(http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/017/b/c/FFFFFF__by_SerikaArenai.jpg)
After the K-con incident, we all know I'll be supporting Ken in many ways~
Including buying your magnets! Especially since they're so popular on my fridge, haha. Plus, he's looking super cute, I'll definately buy him. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2010, 11:31:08 pm »
<3
I remember no 'incident'.

I'll probably buy a Ken print/magnet. I hope it turns out looking awesome [although we all know it will~].
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2010, 06:33:44 pm »
<3
I remember no 'incident'.

I'll probably buy a Ken print/magnet. I hope it turns out looking awesome [although we all know it will~].
Oh, ho? Then what would you call our time together in the dimly lit bathroom~? ;D
Oh, and to hopefully get some good advice, does anyone know of a wig shop/site that might have a good yukiko wig? We all know mine died after the first/second day of the con. xD;
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2010, 01:39:46 pm »
@Fachion-pari
Ck this one out.  It worked out quite well for my Chikaru crossplay and I would use it again for Yukiko if I manage that one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Silky-STRAIGHT-BLACK-WIGS-HAIR-PERRUQUE-93L-2_W0QQitemZ190321703719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item2c500ebb27

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2010, 06:22:09 pm »
@Fachion-pari
Ck this one out.  It worked out quite well for my Chikaru crossplay and I would use it again for Yukiko if I manage that one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Silky-STRAIGHT-BLACK-WIGS-HAIR-PERRUQUE-93L-2_W0QQitemZ190321703719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item2c500ebb27

Oh, and it's a really great price! Thank you, I might just order this one! <3
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2010, 04:55:20 pm »
Thought I'd post this for those who actually are excited.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/opening-cinematic-persona-3/61004
English release date.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2010, 04:18:10 pm »
Come on, everyone here's seen the opening.  It would have been much easier to say something like OH MY GOD P3P USA RELEASE DATE OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED. 

Not all of us are EWWW ONE SINGLE PLOT THING HAS CHANGED ON ONE STORY (when the whole girl's story has several differences, because it's supposed to be like THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT and how everything changes BECAUSE Minato is not there, END GAME SPOILERS OF MALE STORY which may or may not include housing Ryoji and Pharos, which affects the entire ending, so it is not altogether impossible to imagine earlier events are also different.  Maybe Shinji and Aki DIDN'T accidentally kill Ken's mom.  Maybe it was Strega.  Maybe Ken's mom isn't even dead and he's just a quiet kid and Shinji would die ANOTHER way, had a social link not been formed between him and FeMC.  There is a lot of room for growth in the same characters just by having a different Wild Card present, who actually affects things.  The entire game isn't OMG RUINED because it doesn't happen exactly as you remember it.  I'm not even going to start on fanfiction.) THIS ENTIRE GAME SUCKS, and besides, you can just play the male's story if you don't want to see the differences.  Don't diss it just because you're not interested.  We'll think you're being a troll. ;D

iiiii for one, am quite excited.  I'll just need to save up for that psp 3000. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »
Don't diss it just because you're not interested.  We'll think you're being a troll. ;D
You said much more about it then I did =.=

I didn't even dis it xD
So put that in your pocket!
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2010, 10:43:22 pm »
I was wondering where the dissing bit came from, myself. >_> Ah well. Activity in the thread is life for the thread.

Anyway, on a related topic for those interested or unaware, hiimdaisy posted a Persona 3 comic (http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26732.html#cutid1) earlier this month. It's got spoilers for the late game bits.

...It also reminds me that because it's only the beginning of the year, I have so much time to be gathering materials for my Ryoji cosplay. ._.
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2010, 11:02:40 pm »
I was wondering where the dissing bit came from, myself. >_> Ah well. Activity in the thread is life for the thread.

Anyway, on a related topic for those interested or unaware, hiimdaisy posted a Persona 3 comic (http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26732.html#cutid1) earlier this month. It's got spoilers for the late game bits.

...It also reminds me that because it's only the beginning of the year, I have so much time to be gathering materials for my Ryoji cosplay. ._.
I love that comic to death! ...No pun intended. I'm so excited for you doing a Ryoji cosplay! You don't see many cosplayers of him, that's for sure!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2010, 11:47:00 pm »
@Salehthesage: I interpreted "Those who actually are excited" as PFFF ONLY *THOSE PEOPLE...* or whatever (plus your msn tittle a couple days ago cough cough you can't deny that).  I'm bad at saying it online.  I'm not sure what tone of voice you were using in this case, then.  Also I never said anything negative, saying a lot is positive in this case!  Because I'm ecstatic for P3P. 
also that last sentence made me think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfUj4QJGnok

@Red Spark: Hiimdaisy is such a genius. ;o; Also GO GO GO RYOJI!  You should spike your hair up like Apollo Justice Ryoji so we can see what you'll look like. |D
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2010, 11:56:51 pm »
@Serika: XD Man, the hair spiking's what's gonna feel weird, though...I've never put gel in my hair or anything, before. I'll convince my friends to help me out with it when I'm over at one of their houses, and I'll make sure to get any photos whenever that happens.

...I need a haircut soon, too.

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2010, 11:58:02 pm »
Want....Kou.. xD
I'm tempted to cosplay him

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2010, 06:50:12 pm »
Want....Kou.. xD
I'm tempted to cosplay him
You should, you should~
By the way, I love all your cosplays, can't wait to see them at Sakuracon or Kumoricon! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2010, 07:40:41 pm »
8D cool! I hope I can go to Sakuracon XD
it's pretty tight and I haven't reg yet XD OTL  failatlife

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2010, 09:51:36 pm »
8D cool! I hope I can go to Sakuracon XD
it's pretty tight and I haven't reg yet XD OTL  failatlife
It's ok! I live in Seattle and STILL haven't registered...
I need to get on that, haha
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 05:26:40 pm »
also that last sentence made me think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfUj4QJGnok
I'm glad you understand my 'The Room' references.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2010, 04:28:30 pm »
Woo, I'm ordering my Yukiko wig today, so hopefully it'll turn out well. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2010, 02:28:23 pm »
Get pictures!! 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Absinthe

• Oni
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2010, 02:13:58 am »
So I bought a golf club!
No, actually, I kid. But hey, I'm happy to hear there's going to be some other P4 characters around too.
Planning a Yosuke one and hopefully it'll turn out. : )

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2010, 08:08:35 am »
Welcome aboard the Persona cosplay thread, Absinthe. : D

I wish you luck in your inevitable quest for headphones.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2010, 11:30:19 pm »
Hello, Absinthe! 

Well, YouLikeRice just painted some old headphones... Maybe not totally accurate, but in photos they looked fine to me! (and he's apparently abandoned this thread.  What a jerk.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Absinthe

• Oni
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:35 am »
Much thanks R.Spark and Serika. : )
Ha, yes, there is no exact headphones unfortunately but I did find a pair of coby headphones that have that lovely red in the middle. The most I would have to do is paint the outer orange and spray the sealant on it. Should be good to go for those.

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »
Hey everyone I decided to visit the Kumoricon forums today, because I had free time.

@Absinthe: You're so lucky to find headphones with red in the middle. I think when I was at Kumoricon there were like two other Yosukes there. You should totally buy a golf club and you can even be Protagonist for one day, because there was like no P4 Protagonist last year, I think. There was also no Kanji or Teddie last year too.

@Falchion: I want to see photos when you get your wig. :D

WAH! I want to go to Kumoricon this year, but it doesn't look like I will; unless a certain something happens over the summer. But I'll try to post on this thread everytime I want to say something Persona related or if there is something that someone posted that I want to reply to.

@Red Spark: When Serika told me you were going as Ryoji. I was like, "THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!" Hm. I've never spiked my hair either, so I can't really give you advice on how to do it.

@Sugarlat: DO IT!

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2010, 08:44:47 pm »
@YouLikeRice - There were other Yosuke's? I never saw any from what I recall except for you. Oh and I have seen a Kanji cosplay but that was during Sakuracon '09, I think it'd be pretty sweet if someone did Bearsuit Teddy! XD BTW, I think I got mistaken to be the P4 Protagonist when I was dressed up as Naoto.. x.x;

@Absinthe - And hurrah! for another Persona cosplayer. :]

I definitely won't be going to Kumoricon 2010 either buuuut I will be at Sakuracon 2010 as Naoto again.

Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2010, 02:04:33 pm »
@Hekiru: Yeah. I was pretty sure I saw other Yosukes. I think they were both females too. And why won't you be going to Kumoricon this year? Busy? D: